Atreides and "The List"

Re: Re: Session 12 December 2010

Hang in there Atriedes, and take care -- you'll be in my thoughts, and I hope you feel better and that everything is uphill from here Flowers

I wish the same, hope you get better soon Atreides.

Meager1 said:
A paleo diet would have consisted of mostly meat, some berries, greens and a few different roots. Foods were mostly cooked in skin or bladder sacks with water and some fat, hot rocks were dropped in and replaced as they cooled.

Hi Meager can you give the source of this information? because I have a book called "L'alimentation ou la troisième médice" or Food the third medicine by Dr. Jean Seignalet when he compares modern and old alimentation. He said ( A google translation):

Changes in diets over the history

1) Prehistory
Since our species split from apes, for about 5 million years, the precursors of man (homo habilis, homo erectus), and Homo sapiens have eaten the same foods. Our past were nomadic hunters and gatherers (Menozzi et al. 1978), which means they eat meat, fish, eggs, honey, cereals, vegetables and wild fruits. The only breast milk was taking and only during early childhood.
The fire was discovered around 400,000 years ago. However there is no evidence that was used for cooking, until a recent period that goes back to 10000 years ago (Burger 1988). Further analysis of the fossil feces was shown that during the Mesolithic humans ate raw food (Comby 1998). We can say that cooking was used little or never..

Burger G.C- La guerre du cru. 1 Vol., 1985, Faloci Roger édit. Paris, 221 pages
Comby B.- Nature contre SIDA. 1 Vol., 1989, Éditions du Soleil èdit. ChêneBourg/Genève, 278 pages

I suspect these references not bring the source, but I don't have access to them.

This doctor works with a raw food regimen, similar to the paleodiet. The book is entirely devoted to proving the origin of autoimmune diseases in the diet at the molecular level. He observed relapse if people eat food cooked instead of raw, as was indicated. very interesting.

This part likes me because at least I could understand why some foods are good for a persons and not for others:

The modern diet is rich in new macromolecules, for which the enzymes and mucins often are not adapted. In chapter 15 we see that the enzymes have a restricted specificity, comparable to that of a key that does not enter more than one lock. These enzymes will show in many cases unable to properly metabolize new molecules. Two scenarios are possible

- In the case of new molecules, new enzymes appear that emerged after genetic mutations that occur after a time which can vary but is usually very long, the order of several million years.

-For other molecules, very different from natural molecules, it is useless to have one day of appropriate enzymes. I refer in particular to certain isomers generated by cooking, such as sugars L, which are a mirror image of the natural sugars D

The situation worsened in the twentieth century. At other times, each region had its special food and imported products were rare. Probably it was created some partial adaption. Today we are witnessing a true globalization of eating habits, thus aggravating the maladjustment. Perhaps that explains why some rare diseases of the nineteenth century have become frequent in the twentieth century, such as allergies and Crohn's disease.

It is wrong to believe that the human body can assimilate without any kind of food hazards. The adaptation will be very long in some cases, impossible in others. It is therefore logical to return to a kind of original food, the only one suitable to our enzymes and mucins.

He talks good about rice:
Rice has 12 pairs of chromosomes. It offers a feature that distinguishes it from other cereals; When farmers undergo the manipulations, becomes for some generations, but tends to return to its original wild state (Higham, 1989) The current rice is similar to our prehistoric ancestor.

And what that means is that if it refuses to hybridization should not have much content of these "new molecules" which he is talking about and would be more digestible. But I really do not think that we have currently on the market wild rice variety that didn't give problem as we observed here in the forum.

My best wishes and prayers for a speedy and complete recovery go out to Atreides and Ailen! May you both begin the new year in good health and good spirits!

Wishing a speed recovery to you, Atreides. Hold on, man!

Wow, really shocked to hear how ill Atreides has been. Here's wishing for his speedy recovery and for Ailen’s return to full fitness too. You’re in good hands.

:hug2:

Wow this was indeed a big shock-- and during holidays too... just awful. :(

I'm wishing you a speedy recovery Atreides, you too Ailen, I hope you get fully well very soon.

Laura, I can't imagine the emotional turmoil you must have been going through during all this time :hug:

:hug2: Chateau crew, you are all in my thoughts and prayers!!

Atreides and Ailen get better soon!!! ;)

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=21137.0#new I hope this thread can help to a better recovery!

I didn't imagined that it was that awful :scared:, I hope you get well soon Atreides :hug2:

Thanks Laura for the session.

This incident is a warning. I understand now that EE ,diet and detox are definitely necessary. I have to take it seriously.

Big Hugs to you Atreides. Get well soon!

I did wonder about you all at the chateau, as it's been a bit quiet around here. But thought perhaps it was just the holidays, combined with dreadful weather, keeping you occupied. I was upset to read that the Paleopest is still rearing its ugly head.

Be well soon, Atreides! :hug2: And full strength to you as well, Ailen! :hug2: And :hug: to Laura too.

Atreides, the man who can vaporize mass quantities of BS with a single glance! :wizard:

Be well, Man. We need you. :flowers:

Take care all at the Chateau.

Mac

Laura said:
mkrnhr said:
Laura said:
He came within an inch of losing his colon or his life.
This is chocking. The attack on him was on two fronts at least, emotional and physical (and probably on the third front too since the attackers spent so much energy). I imagine that if you announce this here in the forum it means he's already winning the battle right?

Big Hugs to you Atreides!! :hug2:

Well, when Atriedes was given the instructions on how to prepare for his colonoscopy - this was before we decided that we couldn't wait for the scan - he was told that for three days prior, he was to eat "no residue foods." I asked what that was: NO veggies, NO fruits, only meats.

Say WHAT? I thought that eating veggies CLEANED the colon!

Apparently not. And gastroenterologists know this and those are the instructions for preparing for a colonoscopy.

Okay, I put that in my hat and things continued to happen. Then, we went through several wrong diagnoses from doctors including ulcerative colitis and diverticulitis, until finally the scan and partial colonoscopy were done and it turned out to be neither but a massive infection of the sigmoid. He was told that he had to eat NO residue foods during the healing process, i.e. eat only meats. Well, yeah, there are other things suggested as no residue foods but most of them are evil. Atriedes is gluten, egg and dairy intolerant so anything along that line is also out. Okay, I put that in my hat.

I went on the internet and read about the related conditions. Nearly every single website announces practically in big, bold letters: "this condition is NOT caused by diet!!!" And then they say: "However, dietary changes do seem to help/accelerate healing/bring relief" and "certain foods do seem to trigger attacks" etc.

It just boggles the mind that they can say that!

Anyway, they tell a person to go on a no residue diet during flare-ups, and then they can go back to regular food until their next acute attack.

Right.

How about they go on the no residue diet and stay on it and NEVER have attacks again? After all, in the majority of cases, after a certain number of attacks, the only "cure" is to remove the colon and wear a sack until - and IF - they can rebuild the system.

I mean, how many neurons does it take to figure this out? I'm supposed to tell my son: "Oh, eat this until you are better and then go back to eating what made you sick"???!!! And in a few years, we'll buy you a colostomy bag for Christmas!

And I'm now totally convinced that there are some people who just can't eat vegetables - or very few, very seldom.

Funny thing is, Ark is the same way. For years I've been trying to get him to eat his veggies and for years, he's been telling me - and I've witnessed - that they cause him extreme pain and suffering. Only a little bit now and then seems to be tolerable. He lived for years on hot dogs and instant mashed potatoes because they were the only things that didn't upset his stomach. Obviously, hot dogs are not the best meat source, but I now see why he ate them: NO residue!!!

So, this bit of information is going to go into our diet thread because I do want people to know that there are some of us who really can only eat meat: veggies kill some people.

After I read this, I had a flash of a recipe that might help ease him back to solid foods: its basically bone soup. You don't put any veggies in it, either.

Ox tails would work well, and soup bones. We broil the bones first for about five minutes a side. After that, they can be cooled or just put in the pot with enough water for a nice batch of soup.

(Beef tongue stewed in a crock pot on low for 8-12 hours also adds depth of flavor to this soup. We used the broth from this in our soups and its wonderful. The sliced or shredded tongue could be added to the soup too.)

Whenever Hubby or I feel like we're going to come down with something, this soup does wonders for us. I hope this can help Ailen and Atreidies heal soonest.

:hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Our past were nomadic hunters and gatherers (Menozzi et al. 1978), which means they eat meat, fish, eggs, honey, cereals, vegetables and wild fruits. The only breast milk was taking and only during early childhood.
The fire was discovered around 400,000 years ago. However there is no evidence that was used for cooking, until a recent period that goes back to 10000 years ago (Burger 1988). Further analysis of the fossil feces was shown that during the Mesolithic humans ate raw food (Comby 1998). We can say that cooking was used little or never..

That`s interesting. I was referring to localized oral history, though I have to wonder that if 10,000 years ago Atlantis had already been destroyed for the final time, the pyramids were being built etc, travel seems to have been extensive and people still did not know to cook their food?

Just seems odd, to think about it that way.

We didn`t use honey back then eithor, we made sweet syrups and sugar from trees.

Speedy recovery Atreides. :)

I am reminded of a Homer Simpson quote; "You don't win friends with salad".

Back
Top Bottom