Atreides and "The List"

Re: Re: Session 12 December 2010

Wow!! I feel for you Atriedes.

The Oxajil incident now takes on a new meaning? Do we want to know how close the PTB came to achieving the "hit" The C's Said they were hoping for? When a head shot is not possible a disabling shot is attempted?

I have suffered with mild sigmoid and rectal inflammation off and on all my adult life. No one has ever found a cause and I have undergone a sigmoid endoscopy and they could find nothing wrong. No one has ever suggested curtailing consumption of residue foods such as vegetables. In fact they were encouraged as a colon cleanse.

Some more research has just sailed my way. Maybe that's why I had to be prodded to eat vegetables as a boy, my body was trying to tell me something!

Hope you and Ailen get back feeling like yourselves soon :hug2:

I am also shocked at how severe the situation got. I wish both Atreides and Ailen a speedy recovery. :hug: and take it easy for now.

tractmec said:
Maybe that's why I had to be prodded to eat vegetables as a boy, my body was trying to tell me something!

Hope you and Ailen get back feeling like yourselves soon :hug2:

As a child we ate very few veges until i was put under child welfare at 8. Then i was forced to eat Brussels sprouts which made me gag. Since i started the ultra-simple diet and reintroduced foods i found that cabbage and broccoli make me stay wide awake for hours. My body is telling me something here...no more brassicas. :D yay!

tractmec said:
Wow!! I feel for you Atriedes.

The Oxajil incident now takes on a new meaning? Do we want to know how close the PTB came to achieving the "hit" The C's Said they were hoping for? When a head shot is not possible a disabling shot is attempted?

I have suffered with mild sigmoid and rectal inflammation off and on all my adult life. No one has ever found a cause and I have undergone a sigmoid endoscopy and they could find nothing wrong. No one has ever suggested curtailing consumption of residue foods such as vegetables. In fact they were encouraged as a colon cleanse.

Atriedes has suffered from IBS type symptoms since he was little. It's been a long, torturous ordeal that led to this event, you can be sure. But we are determined to find the solution that really works and implement it. Nobody should have to suffer like that day after day for all their life.

Laura said:
jhonny said:
Many thanks for sharing this session(as always it was very interesting) and a speedy recovery to Ailén and Atreides.

A little update on the situation.
We brought him home this afternoon. He had a bit of applesauce, his first food in 6 days. He came within an inch of losing his colon or his life.

I am saddened, and angered that things have gone so bad for him! I wish there was something I could do. In the mean time I hope and pray for a speedy recovery. Hang in there Atreides!

Laura: there are some of us who really can only eat meat: veggies kill some people.

My nephew has Crohn's and complains that eating vegetables exacerbates his symptoms--definitely this information is food for thought (pardon the pun). I have not noticed any negative response to them like I had when I was eating wheat and dairy.
shellycheval

Whoa! Really shocked at the severity of Atreides' illness. :cry: I've been having computer problems since yesterday, so I'm just catching up on another laptop.

This whole situtation is really mind boggling. I kept thinking about the "hit" comment in the transcripts since I first read it. Seems it got much closer than we thought even a couple of days ago -- TOO close! When I first started reading the last few pages, I thought "what the hell kind of bug was made and spread to have such long lasting and devestating effects?" But as I read Laura's further updates, it makes sense that all of us have been assaulted all our lives with a million and one "hits" to weaken us, so that hoped for final "hit" is like the straw that breaks the camel's back.

My father also doesn't like veggies, never has since he was a child. But I'm not aware of any digestive tract problems or pains, so that's pretty curious if he IS actually one of those people for whom veggies are really bad for the health.

Best wishes to Atreides, Ailen, Laura, Ark, and the rest of the chateau family. :love: :hug2:

Gee, this came as a shock to hear about Atreides.
Get well soon man! :hug: :hug2:
Glad to hear that you're doing better Ailén! :flowers:
Best wishes to all chateau crew! :love:
Take care y'all my friends! :flowers:

It's really amazing to see how the attacks have been on multiple fronts. It's good to hear that Atreides is out of the woods. Good to hear that Ailén is doing better too. My thoughts are with you all. :hug2:

Good to hear that your pulling through all this Atreides. Get well soon :)

Laura said:
Yes, I would say that he was weakened by emotional attack and that made him more susceptible.

Interestingly, we learned something very valuable from this experience. There was something else that was weakening his system. Let me explain.

[...]

Okay, I put that in my hat and things continued to happen. Then, we went through several wrong diagnoses from doctors including ulcerative colitis and diverticulitis, until finally the scan and partial colonoscopy were done and it turned out to be neither but a massive infection of the sigmoid. He was told that he had to eat NO residue foods during the healing process, i.e. eat only meats. Well, yeah, there are other things suggested as no residue foods but most of them are evil. Atriedes is gluten, egg and dairy intolerant so anything along that line is also out. Okay, I put that in my hat.

[...]
I mean, how many neurons does it take to figure this out? I'm supposed to tell my son: "Oh, eat this until you are better and then go back to eating what made you sick"???!!! And in a few years, we'll buy you a colostomy bag for Christmas!

And I'm now totally convinced that there are some people who just can't eat vegetables - or very few, very seldom.

Funny thing is, Ark is the same way. For years I've been trying to get him to eat his veggies and for years, he's been telling me - and I've witnessed - that they cause him extreme pain and suffering. Only a little bit now and then seems to be tolerable. He lived for years on hot dogs and instant mashed potatoes because they were the only things that didn't upset his stomach. Obviously, hot dogs are not the best meat source, but I now see why he ate them: NO residue!!!

So, this bit of information is going to go into our diet thread because I do want people to know that there are some of us who really can only eat meat: veggies kill some people.
Thank the Universe that Atriedes got the treatment that was necessary in time. I cannot imagine the alternative, nor do I want to. The no vegetable information is really interesting - hang in there Atriedes, take the food intake slowly and know that you're all getting a lot of energetic support from all of us who aren't there with you.

Laura said:
A little update on the situation.

It became clear last week that Atriedes was getting sicker by the day. He was so sick that even he didn't realize how bad it was getting because he seldom complains and just keeps soldiering on. We took him to the doctor and he was scheduled for a colonoscopy and gastroscopy on the 27th which, at that time, was about a week away.

A couple days went by and we were just hanging on and watching his suffering increase hourly, keeping our fingers crossed that the scans that were still in the future would give us answers. By Christmas Day, it became obvious that something needed to be done NOW. We did what we could to get through the night and the next day, called the doctor. He met us at the hospital and Atriedes was admitted. A scan was done and blood tests and it was seen immediately that he had a major infection in the area of the sigmoid colon. He was put on IV antibiotics and scheduled for a modified colonoscopy done under general anaesthesia. When he came back from the procedure, the inflammation was highly aggravated, he was vomiting and in terrible pain.

More antibiotics, pain killers, a drip for nutrients, etc. for three days.

We brought him home this afternoon. He had a bit of applesauce, his first food in 6 days. He came within an inch of losing his colon or his life.

Oh, jeez, I'm sorry to hear about Atreides's illness and suffering. Get well, soon, dude.

So sorry to hear about Atreides. How scary that must of been. I hope that he has a speedy recovery, my thoughts are with you all at the Chateau.

Angela :hug2:

Back
Top Bottom