Atreides and "The List"

Re: Re: Session 12 December 2010

Woah, sorry for missing the update! Hang in there, Atreides. I hope you're not in a great deal of pain. Also hope that everyone else at the Chateau is doing better.

Just getting caught up here. Take care, Atreides, and I'm sorry you had to go through such an ordeal!

Just caught up with this thread. I was shocked to see how this infection spiraled for Atreides! Hang in there man, the worst is over! Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery!

So shocked to read of the severity of Altreides illness. I wish him a speedy recovery, so glad Ailen is getting better too.

It is now 2011 in Australia and I wish all of you a very healthy and happy New Year, here's to 'good work' in 2011.

Just finished reading this thread and thank you for sharing the session. I was sorry to learn about Atreides and Ailen's illness and then to learn that Atreides became very sick.

I hope you both recover quickly.

I was interested in Atreides' condition as my sister had a similar experience in November. I had to rush her off to emergency as she had developed a severe pain in the lower left side of the abdomen. The doctor found she had a huge mass there. The scan showed she had a bad infection and the bowel had almost perforated. She was put on antibiotics and a drip. Not allowed to eat anything for 3 days and then given liquids by mouth and then slowly put on soft solids again. She was kept in hospital until the doctors were satisfied that the bowel was reacting well to food again.

The thing that interested me was she is a vegetarian. So to think her diet may have exacerbated her condition is a worry (and a surprise), because we couldn't figure out how she came to have this problem. She has been diagnosed with diverticulitis which floored us all, as out of all the members in our family she has had the healthiest diet or so we thought. She is ok now and has been told to eat soft food with not too much roughage and no seeds (eg sesame seeds) or nuts. Her dietitian will review her diet later on.

I wish everyone on the forum a peaceful and healthy New Year and to add a very big thank you to the Sott team for all their hard work and dedication.

xxx

I am glad that Ailen is better now :hug2: and I wish you a speedy recovery Atreides :flowers:. I miss your sense of humor!

I would say, don't start planning on moving or agitating over it, start working on making yourself valuable enough to the Universe that IT sees you as necessary for the future - then you can be sure that the opportunity will be given to you.

On another note, Atriedes is back in the hospital. Putting high powered antibiotics in his stomach was NOT a good idea. He's back on the IV version as well as IV feeding until things are sorted out in his innards. His bloodwork shows that the infection IS decreasing steadily, so no surgery, thank DCM.

Laura, you must be worried sick about Atriedes. I know that everyone has their own lessons and so on, but when it's your child who is sick, I don't know about you, but for me it gives this kind of sinking feeling in my solar plexus, a mixture of worry, helplessness and concern. And even when the 'child' in question is an adult, they are still your child. I hope you're hanging in there :hug: you need lots of those too.

Like others I had been away for a few days and all this has been shocking. Very best wishes to Atriedes for a safe and speedy recovery and wishes of strength for the all at the chateau. I'm glad Ailen is better and glad that Atriedes has no need for surgery. Just hope to hear he pulls through quickly. :hug:

Yes, and thanks. It is a very stressful time for me right now and there are so many other things we are trying to get done.

One thing, though, this experience, as well as what Lorraine wrote about above, have taught us something very valuable: vegetables and fruits can be VERY hard on the human digestive tract and some people are more sensitive than others. We will definitely be adding the knowledge we have gained as a result of the added research on this condition to our general dietary understanding. Like we say, some people are "canaries in the mine" of human existence. What harms them in small amounts can ultimately affect others negatively over the long term and in larger amounts.

When we learn something and turn that learning into shared knowledge, it somehow takes the sting out of the suffering to some small extent.

c.a. said:
Some more information on protecting the liver.

From Dr. Sandra Cabot:
Liverdoctor.com

Nearly all of this bit about "protecting the liver" is dead wrong and bass ackwards.

Godspeed your recovery, for a quick return home Ateriedes, for proper recuperation.

Laura said:
On another note, Atriedes is back in the hospital. Putting high powered antibiotics in his stomach was NOT a good idea. He's back on the IV version as well as IV feeding until things are sorted out in his innards. His bloodwork shows that the infection IS decreasing steadily, so no surgery, thank DCM.

I am sorry to hear that, Laura. It is really saddening and shocking. :shock: Especially for you as mother. You, Atriedes and your Chateau family are in my thoughts. You are not alone, so many people here are with you. :hug2: It is relieving, that at least no surgery has to take place. Hope it really goes upwards from now on. Take care :flowers:

I am looking forward to the new insights that derived from these lessons on the Diet&Health section, as soon things go smoother for all of you on the Chateau again and as soon you find the time. In this regard, it is good that I didn't start with the Ultra Simple/Elimination Diet yet. Maybe I might find out that I will be sensitive to a lot of veggies and fruits and just don't realize it yet, as they are a regular part of my diet. But this might apply to everyone of us in a different way: people are "canaries", as you wrote. I am thankful for the insights you have already given. It increases awareness.

Kniall said:
I've just been watching this docu about Inuit people's observations on climate change. These people eat basically one thing: meat. No doubt their sharp intellect, survival in harsh conditions and empathetic connection with their environment is integrally related to their diet.

Thank you for the interesting information, Kniall. I remember, that some years ago I crossed someone one the internet (in German) who claimed somewhat of the opposite, that meat eaters are more prone to violence than vegetarians, that they don't live very long etc. I don't have the exact source of this anymore, however - but in the light of all the new information I am really convinced, it is just bull. Especially as that guy claimed, that people's gut is too long to be meat eaters. :mad:

In addition some of my own experiences regarding veggies and meat: Some months ago my room mate offered me chopped pork that she had been cooked. In that week I only had eaten veggies, some fruits, quinoa and egg (I didn't test that one out yet). After I had eaten the pork, I felt much more energetized than all the days before! I was really amazed.
I don't know though, if that happened because I consumed meat in general on this day or if my body is very much made for pork. This has to be tested out by me yet.

EDIT: Source of above quote - Laura

EDIT II: Clarity

Back
Top Bottom