AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES CAUSED BY AN INFECTION?

Lilyalic said:
Is it possible that I have an overdose of Iodine? or is this a herxheimer?? --- either way, I think I'll make my way SLOWLY up to 200mg. Starting with around 100mg... Feeling like an idiot now! I didn't think it'd cause something like that

Also, 100mg is probably too high a starting dose for you.

Foxx said:
Since Carl is going to see an applied kinesiology practitioner, it may be best to wait for his review of the practitioner and then setup an appointment if his experience is positive; I think difficult and/or complicated health cases probably need more active help from a practitioner.

Last weekend I met a practitioner who used something similar to "kinesiology" to find the main issue in people's bodies. Pretty much like what was discussed in the last H&W show on kinesiology.

He said that sometimes he uses a machine with an ultrasound, but just because it matches people's belief system. In reality, he just needs to do dowsing and that's it. Apparently, he has a very good track record.

He made a reading to me and he said that I have a big issue with heavy metals, affecting mainly my thyroid, left ovary and red blood cells. He recommended a blood test to check the red blood cells. Well, he didn't told me anything really new to me. And it is true that a Rolfer practitioner said that there was something in the left ovary as well.

My initial DMSA challenge test showed +20 levels of mercury and problems with arsenic and lead. I'm on my 9th cycle of DMSA + EDTA and it is still triggering detox reactions. It seems I still have some way to go.

I have found that a dose of iodine 18mg is the limit for me, on alternative days. The rest of the days I take 100mg of potassium iodide. I'm finding more muscle strength since I added the potassium iodide.

Once I finish the heavy metal detox, I plan to repeat a few cycles of this autoimmune protocol and try a higher dose of potassium iodide for a short period of time.

Thank you for the advice guys, it was only potassium IODIDE that I did take. I just had a serious reaction :huh:
I've sweat a lot today, and have neck ache. :umm:

I have neem tablets, chorella, charcoal, garlic, milk thistle, etc etc so I'll just take all those and start again with Iodide (very low) next week.
Still reading about DMSA and the stages, cycles etc.

I'll wait until Carl sees the practitioner yeah, see if he'll be any help. :)

I fully intend to stay away from sugar

Gaby said:
Once I finish the heavy metal detox, I plan to repeat a few cycles of this autoimmune protocol and try a higher dose of potassium iodide for a short period of time.

Very very long process then Gaby, good luck! :flowers:

Lilyalic said:
I've sweat a lot today, and have neck ache.

It rings a bell:

How Can These Metals Affect Your Mental and Physical Health?
https://www.sott.net/article/319784-Free-your-mind-Detox-from-heavy-metals

Symptoms of heavy metal toxicity can range from the mildly annoying to the downright serious. Some of the symptoms worth looking at in connection to heavy metal exposure include:

Nausea or vomiting even though you don't feel ill
Increased sweating
Chronic headaches
Respiratory problems
Muddled thinking
Difficulty with communication (struggling to find the right word)
Chronic fatigue
Digestive concerns
Depression
Reproductive problems (primarily for women - this includes irregular periods, miscarriages, infertility and premature birth)

I've just read that article and was thinking the same.
So basically, by taking too much iodine, I released too much metal toxicity in my body to run around, and didn't have the resources to detox it efficiently. :ohboy:

Just trying to properly understand the mobilizer (Iodine) / chelation (DMSA)

Lilyalic said:
So basically, by taking too much iodine, I released too much metal toxicity in my body to run around, and didn't have the resources to detox it efficiently. :ohboy:

Maybe you should read all the information on the iodine thread BEFORE experimenting??

Laura said:
Lilyalic said:

Maybe you should read all the information on the iodine thread BEFORE experimenting??

Yep, had to learn the hard way :-[

Lilyalic said:
Laura said:
Lilyalic said:

I've been reading Detoxification:Heavy Metals, mercury and how to get rid of them and you might want to take note of the advice given in the first post. Detoxing is a marathon, not a sprint (I'm learning this too) and triggering a 'healing crisis' or herxheimer isn't recommended. It puts too much strain on your body, as you already know, and might even redistribute toxins instead of eliminating them. So try to be gentle and listen to any signals from your body indicating you are mobilizing at a pace faster than your pathways can handle and give yourself a chance to recover.

Foxx said:
A nuke dose for pathogens, especially mold, could be much higher, potentially up to 200mg per day for an extended period of time (perhaps 1-3 months, depending on the type and severity of infection(s)). 33mg is likely not enough for saturation and killing pathogens.

Foxx, please note that this advice was inappropriate within the context of Lilyalic's health status. She took it as a good idea to try and it was probably the last thing she needed right now.

Those who experimented with such high doses did so within the context of the iodine thread where there are enough warnings and trials and errors.

One thing is theoretical knowledge, the other thing is how it applies to each person and how can such knowledge help people depending on their learning curve, health status, level of understanding and so forth. It is good to have people foremost in our minds when we talk about health advice or even when we discuss theoretical knowledge with them.

Lilyalic said:
Laura said:

That is probably a good idea. In that thread you can learn what happened to those who experimented with all sorts of doses and what is the general consensus based on trial and error.

In terms of the fungal possibilities, what is recommended besides neem?

I can't seem to find a set protocol for nystantin or other anti fungals.

The key issue for a lot of us is that with a normal "9-5" job, we can't push too far into the detox reactions.

With my current ups and downs, Foxx suggested that I might have something fungal as his kinesiology testing of me at the last meetup indicates so.

Gaby said:
Foxx said:
A nuke dose for pathogens, especially mold, could be much higher, potentially up to 200mg per day for an extended period of time (perhaps 1-3 months, depending on the type and severity of infection(s)). 33mg is likely not enough for saturation and killing pathogens.

Foxx, please note that this advice was inappropriate within the context of Lilyalic's health status. She took it as a good idea to try and it was probably the last thing she needed right now.

Those who experimented with such high doses did so within the context of the iodine thread where there are enough warnings and trials and errors.

One thing is theoretical knowledge, the other thing is how it applies to each person and how can such knowledge help people depending on their learning curve, health status, level of understanding and so forth. It is good to have people foremost in our minds when we talk about health advice or even when we discuss theoretical knowledge with them.

Lilyalic said:
Laura said:

That is probably a good idea. In that thread you can learn what happened to those who experimented with all sorts of doses and what is the general consensus based on trial and error.

Indeed, giving bad or poorly thought-out advice as well as taking such advice, can be dangerous for the self and for others!!!

Divide By Zero said:
The key issue for a lot of us is that with a normal "9-5" job, we can't push too far into the detox reactions.

You can read about it in the thread "Candida- The Silent Epidemic". See if it rings a bell.

There are several anti-fungal protocols in this post, including natural remedies:
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,9796.msg89268.html#msg89268

Others have discussed recently caprylic acid and newer supplements that are just as good or perhaps even better.

I always try one protocol at a time, ideally when I'm at home on the weekends. That way you know if it is doable and what you have to deal with during your daily or night job.

Divide By Zero said:
In terms of the fungal possibilities, what is recommended besides neem?

I can't seem to find a set protocol for nystantin or other anti fungals.

With my current ups and downs, Foxx suggested that I might have something fungal as his kinesiology testing of me at the last meetup indicates so.

Here is the link to what Gaby posted on different Candida treatments. Nystatin is discussed.

https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,9796.msg89268.html#msg89268

I did the autoimmune protocol with Gaby's help. I was supposed to take only a "pinch" of nystatin before meals (it's better to take before a meal because of reflux problems others have had) 2 times a day. I found that to be too little (about 1/16th of a teaspoon) so I upped it to 1/4 teaspoon twice a day before meals. I didn't notice much doing that so I, again, upped it to 1/2 teaspoon twice a day before meals. That seemed to really do something for me. I continued doing the 1/4 teaspoon twice a day before meals for the most part with 1/2 teaspoon once or twice a week - sometimes more, I went by how I felt. It seems that this really did the trick.

Since you are worried about it affecting your work, you may want to try starting at a little and seeing how things go. If you have no affects, then up the dose.

I stayed on this for the entire autoimmune protocol - 6 months. So staying on nystatin for a period of time is best, or so I think.

Also, as an aside, I have tried many other things recommended such as neem (it did a little, but not much), oregano oil, olive leaf extract, etc. without much in the way of results. I did, also, use Arnica (1 bottle) and noticed quite a bit of detox symptoms. Whether this was from the Candida, or some other pesky critter, I do not know. Maybe Gaby has more insight on this.

Nienna said:
I did, also, use Arnica (1 bottle) and noticed quite a bit of detox symptoms. Whether this was from the Candida, or some other pesky critter, I do not know. Maybe Gaby has more insight on this.

That is interesting, here are some possible clues:

In vitro antimicrobial activity of propolis and Arnica montana against oral pathogens
_http://www.aobjournal.com/article/S0003-9969%2899%2900117-X/abstract

Arnica and propolis have been used for thousands of years in folk medicine for several purposes. They possess several biological activities such as anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antiviral and tissue regenerative, among others. Although the antibacterial activity of propolis has already been demonstrated, very few studies have been done on bacteria of clinical relevance in dentistry. Also, the antimicrobial activity of Arnica has not been extensively investigated. Therefore the aim here was to evaluate in vitro the antimicrobial activity, inhibition of adherence of mutans streptococci and inhibition of formation of water-insoluble glucan by Arnica and propolis extracts. Arnica montana (10%, w/v) and propolis (10%, w/v) extracts from Minas Gerais State were compared with controls. Fifteen microorganisms were used as follows: Candida albicans — NTCC 3736, F72; Staphylococcus aureus — ATCC 25923; Enterococcus faecalis — ATCC 29212; Streptococcus sobrinus 6715; Strep. sanguis — ATCC 10556; Strep. cricetus — HS-6; Strep. mutans — Ingbritt 1600; Strep. mutans — OMZ 175; Actinomyces naeslundii — ATCC 12104, W 1053; Act. viscosus OMZ 105; Porphyromonas gingivalis; Porph. endodontalis and Prevotella denticola (the last three were clinical isolates). Antimicrobial activity was determined by the agar diffusion method and the zones of growth inhibition were measured. To assess cell adherence to a glass surface, the organisms were grown for 18 h at 37°C in test-tubes at a 30° angle. To assay water-insoluble glucan formation, a mixture of crude glucosyltransferase and 0.125 M sucrose was incubated for 18 h at 37°C in test-tubes at a 30° angle. Arnica and propolis extracts (20 μl) were added to these tubes to evaluate the % of inhibition of cell adherence and water-insoluble glucan formation. The propolis extract significantly inhibited all the microorganisms tested (p<0.05), showing the largest inhibitory zone for Actinomyces spp. The Arnica extract did not demonstrate significant antimicrobial activity. Cell adherence and water-insoluble glucan formation were almost completely inhibited by the propolis extract at a final concentration of 400 μg/ml and 500 μg/ml, respectively. The Arnica extract showed slight inhibition of the adherence of the growing cells (19% for Strep. mutans and 15% for Strep. sobrinus) and of water-insoluble glucan formation (29%) at these same concentrations. Thus, the propolis extract showed in vitro antibacterial activity, inhibition of cell adherence and inhibition of water-insoluble glucan formation, while the Arnica extract was only slightly active in those three conditions.

Maybe it was a combination of things that potentiated the effect of the arnica.

Laura said:
Gaby said:
Foxx said:

Lilyalic said:
Laura said:

Indeed, giving bad or poorly thought-out advice as well as taking such advice, can be dangerous for the self and for others!!!

I apologize and will be more careful with any advice in the future. I'm sorry Lilyalic.

Back
Top Bottom