AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES CAUSED BY AN INFECTION?

lainey

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Gaby said:
Laura said:
Carl said:
The food test may be a good idea Gaby, I never did it because it just did not seem to be reliably accurate from what I read. I've never been referred to a dermatologist but my housemate has - apparently they have no idea either, and just give steroid creams.

As for diet, I went back to keto. It has been good in that injuries from exercise don't last as long, my skin heals quicker, and I don't get brain fog from meals. But feels like it has made the rash worse somehow.

My plan is to basically do at least a month on the cleanest diet possible before trying any treatment options, I.E. no nuts, chocolate, coffee, tea, anything with alcohol or sugar even in small amounts, eggs. But as you say, maybe a food test would reveal I'm actually allergic to green beans and I'm barking up the wrong tree!

And thank god no it is not bed bugs. I had them real bad in a student house a few years back and it has left me with bug-checking paranoia.

The skin often tries to excrete toxins when the normal excretory pathways are compromised... such as the colon. Why don't you try coffee and probiotic enemas?
Yes, and if the rash got worse with the keto diet, it might also be an indication of a gut flora imbalance.

I think you have a good plan now!
Carl, you can get a neat little kit from amazon which is the one I use. Perhaps you can get one for both of you and see how it goes. I can speak for the probiotic enemas as a major mood booster. It's really helped me out this past while. Good luck!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/HealthAndYoga-TM-Combo-Superior-Stainless/dp/B00MVKRGI6/ref=sr_1_9_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1476034158&sr=8-9&keywords=enema+kit
 

Fluffy

Jedi Master
FOTCM Member
Re: AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES CAUSED BY AN AMOEBA INFECTION?

Laura said:
I'm having to conserve my energy, I notice.

Also, very disconcerting: it seems that I have LOTS of floaters in my eyes and have been having a flash of light moving across the lower inside left of my left eye at random times, sometimes in response to movement of that eye.
I've only just started reading this thread as I want to do the protocol soon.

When you say floaters what were they like??
For years I've been noticing that when I'm outside and there's no solid objects in my view (so looking toward the sky) there are little, shiny sperm looking things all swimming around in my vision, millions of them. Sometimes there's a bigger darker not shiny one that looks like a worm shape, that kind of drops in my view and when I blink it will come up higher then sink again. My sister says she sees it too.
I don't see it inside as there is not enough light and too many objects.

Is it parasites???

I once convicned myself that I was seeing a shimmer of motes, described by Jesus in the 'Letters From Christ' :lol:, they were truly beautiful though.
 

Lilou

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
No, they are not parasites, Fluffy. ;) They are cellular debris floating around in the vitreous. Some people have them their whole life, because a blood vessel that feeds the retina during development of the eye breaks away and dissolves in utero and sometimes some of the cells remain and they can be noticed especially in bright sunlight or against a white background.

If they appear later in life, they are still cells floating around, but occur because the vitreous shrinks a bit and pulls away from the retina causing some cells to break free. If they are 'free-floating' they are not harmful, but can be annoying!

If someone sees a sudden onset of floaters and flashes of light, that means the vitreous face is tugging on the retina and can lead to a hole or a tear, or even a retinal detachment. This is cause for concern and should be checked by an eye doctor.
 

Fluffy

Jedi Master
FOTCM Member
Lilou said:
No, they are not parasites, Fluffy. ;) They are cellular debris floating around in the vitreous. Some people have them their whole life, because a blood vessel that feeds the retina during development of the eye breaks away and dissolves in utero and sometimes some of the cells remain and they can be noticed especially in bright sunlight or against a white background.

If they appear later in life, they are still cells floating around, but occur because the vitreous shrinks a bit and pulls away from the retina causing some cells to break free. If they are 'free-floating' they are not harmful, but can be annoying!

If someone sees a sudden onset of floaters and flashes of light, that means the vitreous face is tugging on the retina and can lead to a hole or a tear, or even a retinal detachment. This is cause for concern and should be checked by an eye doctor.
Well that's a bit of a weight off, thank you Lilou. I was sitting here thinking 'they're in my eyeballs too :O'
They don't bother me at all, I kind of find it a bit meditative to watch them, and now that I know they're not an eyeball invasion I'll happily go back to watching without scrutiny.

I hope all was good with Laura's eyes though, I haven't got far enough into the thread to find out.
 

AD

Padawan Learner
I have been thinking about trying Doxy with maybe another fairly safe antibiotic due to my lack of progress with my efforts to heal. I often have this pressure in my head, along with my other old symptoms and I think its due to infections. Even my erectile dysfunction and other urinary symptoms could be due to prostatitis or infection of bladder, kidneys etc.... Dont want to due the whole antibiotic protocol has its intense and costly but maybe a more milder version can still be beneficial? I don't know when is the last time I even took a antibiotic and have been interested in doxy since 2011...
 

Altair

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
AD said:
I have been thinking about trying Doxy with maybe another fairly safe antibiotic due to my lack of progress with my efforts to heal. I often have this pressure in my head, along with my other old symptoms and I think its due to infections. Even my erectile dysfunction and other urinary symptoms could be due to prostatitis or infection of bladder, kidneys etc.... Dont want to due the whole antibiotic protocol has its intense and costly but maybe a more milder version can still be beneficial? I don't know when is the last time I even took a antibiotic and have been interested in doxy since 2011...
Hi AD,

you may want to look into this thread Iodine and Potassium Iodide. Iodine and Potassium appear to be a safer and more efficient antiobiotics replacement.
 

Gaby

SuperModerator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
Altair said:
AD said:
I have been thinking about trying Doxy with maybe another fairly safe antibiotic due to my lack of progress with my efforts to heal. I often have this pressure in my head, along with my other old symptoms and I think its due to infections. Even my erectile dysfunction and other urinary symptoms could be due to prostatitis or infection of bladder, kidneys etc.... Dont want to due the whole antibiotic protocol has its intense and costly but maybe a more milder version can still be beneficial? I don't know when is the last time I even took a antibiotic and have been interested in doxy since 2011...
Hi AD,

you may want to look into this thread Iodine and Potassium Iodide. Iodine and Potassium appear to be a safer and more efficient antiobiotics replacement.
Anecdotally, some people who have tried hard core antibiotic protocols guided by the top Lyme experts, don't get a hold of these problems. One person in particular comes to mind. When he tried iodine, his problems started resolving.

Iodine supports all the glands and it helps to fight stealth infections. You can read "The Iodine Crisis" by Lynne Farrow for similar testimonials. The iodine thread has very helpful research as well.
 

Yas

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
So I finally did it to the end of the antibiotic protocol!!! :clap: Overall there is a better feeling, as I reported before, yet, I still notice that I can't tolerate certain foods and the problem is that I really don't know for sure what are my triggers besides the usual suspects, and stevia.

Last week I ate cauliflower for a few days and, even though I can't be sure that it was the cause, I had inflammation under the skin in the areas where the Hidradenitis manifested before, and it's been a long time since I don't have an inflammation like that. I stopped the cauliflower and did my usual strategies to lower the inflammation and it's all ok now, it didn't develop into a proper lump or boil, fortunately, but it reminded me of how careful I must be with food. (An allergy test really seems like a good idea.)

My intestines are much better now, but I suppose it is now paramount to bring some good stuff in, so I will start slowly with the probiotic enemas again. I read and heard in many different places that gut flora is very important with these allergies issues, so I guess that will help a lot.

Since I have a package of azithromycin, I decided to take it now as another antibiotic that breaks cell-walls, just to end the protocol with that. I'm still taking doxy and hydroxichloroquine, plus all the support supplements. Today after 2 hours of taking the azithromycin, I'm feeling tired (very sleepy) and with some pain in the joints (knees, angles, fingers and shoulders). Since those a typical herx reactions, I wonder if I should continue with antibiotics for a longer period of time, or just take it for the six days that were planned, give it a rest, do the iodine protocol and enemas for a while (and intensive gut repair, lab tests, etc...), see how it goes and then do a cycle of doxy, metronidazole, plus hydroxichloroquine again if considered necessary.

I want to explore the heavy metal detox (doing a proper lab test to know what's actually in there, if there is something), the enemas and the iodine... I suppose that I had enough antibiotics and that maybe I'll see better results now with the other less aggressive protocols, especially by detoxing the body and repairing and repopulating the gut. What do you think?
 

Gaby

SuperModerator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
Yas said:
Since those a typical herx reactions, I wonder if I should continue with antibiotics for a longer period of time, or just take it for the six days that were planned, give it a rest, do the iodine protocol and enemas for a while (and intensive gut repair, lab tests, etc...), see how it goes and then do a cycle of doxy, metronidazole, plus hydroxichloroquine again if considered necessary.
That is what I would do. Eventually, when you strengthen your body and immune system with iodine and enemas, you are more resilient against stealth infections.

Determining your body load of heavy metals could help clarify if it is one of the main root causes of your autoimmune problem.

Back in the day, I finished the autoimmune protocol prematurely in favor for the iodine protocol. Doxy + hidroxychloroquine + metro cycles helped with some arthritic and mood problems. Then I started the iodine and my cycles behaved more regularly and I was more focused with more energy. Several months went by while on the iodine protocol. In the time being I discovered that I had high levels of mercury and lead. I started an aggressive protocol to get rid of those until a kinesiologist read my energy. He said that my elimination organs were loaded with lead and that probably any protocol I was doing was too much. He said that I also had high levels of mercury on my thyroid gland. Well, I decided to back off on the heavy duty stuff. I've been alternating in between some easy protocols: cilantro+chlorella, spirulina, activated charcoal (haven't taken it yet) and DMSA or EDTA at low doses.

Then I developed an unrelated gland infection after an injury. It was time to take antibiotics for the developing abscess and I decided to schedule in a cycle of metro, azithromycin and amoxicillin. I also scheduled 2-3 months of doxy. Before taking the antibiotics, I did a sauna (Russian style) which changed the prognosis of the developing abscess for the better. Nevertheless, I took my antibiotic cycles. I was briefly tired with the last cycle of metro, but nothing like the first time around. I didn't noticed anything with azitromycin and amoxicillin, except that the abscess healed. With doxy, my foot pain disappeared though. I also got a few doses of fluconazole done, specially after signs of candida release after a heavy metal detox cycle. I prioritized 3-4 probiotic enemas after getting all that done.

From what I read, antibiotics may allow the good bacteria in your gut to finally flourish. But after awhile, it will just perpetuate dysbiosis and the problems if no effort is being made to replace the flora. My best response was to a probiotic strain (lactobacillus rhamnosus GG) in relatively higher doses: 4 sachets. I'll add some FOS as food for the probiotics in the next enema.

Last week I caught the gastroenteritis virus, but all the symptoms stopped after a probiotic enema. I also took oral probiotics with FOS and several strains of probiotics. It behaved like an excellent anti-viral.

Now I'm focusing on heavy metal detox and on coffee enemas (1-2 per week). I'm knocking on wood, but it seems that for this time of the year, my mood is more stable and my mind is generally more focused. I have less joint pains, but they do come back if I drink non-organic coffee.

So that has been my general experience.

Congratulations on finishing this protocol. It was a killer protocol!
 

AD

Padawan Learner
Gaby said:
Altair said:
AD said:
I have been thinking about trying Doxy with maybe another fairly safe antibiotic due to my lack of progress with my efforts to heal. I often have this pressure in my head, along with my other old symptoms and I think its due to infections. Even my erectile dysfunction and other urinary symptoms could be due to prostatitis or infection of bladder, kidneys etc.... Dont want to due the whole antibiotic protocol has its intense and costly but maybe a more milder version can still be beneficial? I don't know when is the last time I even took a antibiotic and have been interested in doxy since 2011...
Hi AD,

you may want to look into this thread Iodine and Potassium Iodide. Iodine and Potassium appear to be a safer and more efficient antiobiotics replacement.
Anecdotally, some people who have tried hard core antibiotic protocols guided by the top Lyme experts, don't get a hold of these problems. One person in particular comes to mind. When he tried iodine, his problems started resolving.

Iodine supports all the glands and it helps to fight stealth infections. You can read "The Iodine Crisis" by Lynne Farrow for similar testimonials. The iodine thread has very helpful research as well.
Thanks for the feedback,

Yes I have been taking Lugols for a year but was considering taking antibiotics due to lack of progress. But will try to take higher doses with heavy metal detox support and see how it goes along with eating LC Paleo. Pretty sure I got some nasty infections wreaking havoc on my mind and body
 

Yas

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Gaby said:
Yas said:
Since those a typical herx reactions, I wonder if I should continue with antibiotics for a longer period of time, or just take it for the six days that were planned, give it a rest, do the iodine protocol and enemas for a while (and intensive gut repair, lab tests, etc...), see how it goes and then do a cycle of doxy, metronidazole, plus hydroxichloroquine again if considered necessary.
That is what I would do. Eventually, when you strengthen your body and immune system with iodine and enemas, you are more resilient against stealth infections.

Determining your body load of heavy metals could help clarify if it is one of the main root causes of your autoimmune problem.
Thanks for the advice Gaby! And thanks for sharing your experience. It seems that for some of us, going slowly is very important.

I have the sense that I should strengthen my body now. To focus on that which is healthy so that it grows and it becomes more capable of fighting those little critters and toxins, both physically AND psychologically ;)

I'll prioritize the metal load test before the allergy test. I think that with discipline I can know more or less which are the foods that harm me (doing the elimination/reintroduction diet approach), but I cannot not know my metal load without a test, so that one should come first. And I'm already scheduling for other "conventional" tests with the social health insurance.
 

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
The main thing to do now is to get your digestive tract restored from top to bottom because that is the foundation of your immune system. You may want to look into a fecal transplant.
 

Persej

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Gaby said:
Back in the day, I finished the autoimmune protocol prematurely in favor for the iodine protocol.
Do you think that perhaps iodine + antibiotics in the same time could be beneficial? After a year of taking iodine I hadn't experienced a single instance of flu, so iodine seems to be a very powerful antiviral, but I still can't see a big antibacterial strength in it. Or at least not with the kinds that I am having. So I was thinking that perhaps iodine and antibiotic protocols could be combined.
 

Gaby

SuperModerator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
Persej said:
Do you think that perhaps iodine + antibiotics in the same time could be beneficial? After a year of taking iodine I hadn't experienced a single instance of flu, so iodine seems to be a very powerful antiviral, but I still can't see a big antibacterial strength in it. Or at least not with the kinds that I am having. So I was thinking that perhaps iodine and antibiotic protocols could be combined.
Do you have a specific bacteria or infection you aim to target?

I don't know, but this protocol is really a killer one. Catching up on the microbiome research, I don't think it is really a very good idea to take antibiotics for so long, specially when the gut flora is not replaced. Complementing with probiotic enemas and other nutrients that will make the probiotcs thrive could be a solution. Then again, the later measure could tackle your health problems without the need of taking antibiotics for so long. A healthy microbiome means a healthy immune system that can deal with stealth infections.

Research seems to suggest that if there is pathological bacteria in the gut, a short course of antibiotics might be beneficial in order to allow the good stuff to thrive. Complementary measures such as diet, probiotic enemas and its nutrients might be the ticket. When no measures are taken to replace gut flora, then longer courses of antibiotics are pretty detrimental for your gut.
 

Persej

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Gaby said:
Do you have a specific bacteria or infection you aim to target?
Aside from Chlamydia Pneumonia that I think is causing me the heart problems, I have the one that is causing me the bleeding acne on my head. Or maybe it's the same type that is causing me both problems, I don't know.

I don't know, but this protocol is really a killer one. Catching up on the microbiome research, I don't think it is really a very good idea to take antibiotics for so long, specially when the gut flora is not replaced. Complementing with probiotic enemas and other nutrients that will make the probiotcs thrive could be a solution. Then again, the later measure could tackle your health problems without the need of taking antibiotics for so long. A healthy microbiome means a healthy immune system that can deal with stealth infections.

Research seems to suggest that if there is pathological bacteria in the gut, a short course of antibiotics might be beneficial in order to allow the good stuff to thrive. Complementary measures such as diet, probiotic enemas and its nutrients might be the ticket. When no measures are taken to replace gut flora, then longer courses of antibiotics are pretty detrimental for your gut.
Yes, I was thinking to try the short course of some antibiotic. Doctors most probably wouldn't give me the long protocol anyway. It helped me the last time, but the acne came back some time after I stopped taking antibiotics. But now I was thinking about taking it again for a short period, together with a slightly higher dose of iodine and NAC and probiotic enemas.

But I was wondering about that because Laura said this:

Q: (Perceval) Just on that iodine question, is it a suitable substitute for the previous protocol of metro, etc.?

A: Perhaps a bit better, but the antibiotics were not counterproductive. You have been led, or led yourselves to discover what was needed as it was needed.

Q: (L) So a certain period of antibiotic therapy in cases of serious conditions is useful if it's also followed by or undertaken in conjunction with, say, iodine therapy?

A: Yes

Q: (L) The only problem is that when you're doing the antibiotic therapy, you can't do all the minerals. And it also cancels the iodine, so you have to either build yourself up with iodine first and then do it, or follow it.

A: Yes
Edit: Oh, now I see that Cipro creates a problem with the iodine receptors, but Doxy should be ok?

I found some research about using Doxy and iodine:

Results: The results have shown that combination of doxycycline with iodine exhibit amended anti-biofilm effect. Synergistic effect was noticed in preventing biofilm formation. Additive reduction of mature biofilm was achieved. Although complete elimination of mature biofilm was not noted, tested combination of agents greatly reduced viable organisms in term of qualitative effect. Conclusions: Obtained data revealed that commercial antibiotic doxycycline may act with iodine and such combination has a potent anti-biofilm activity against examined Borrelia sp.

https://www.drrathresearch.org/research/presentations/135-scientific-presentations-infectious-diseases/487-efficacy-of-doxycycline-in-combination-with-iodine-against-biofilm-of-borrelia-burgdorferi-and-borrelia-garinii
Interestingly, the addition of iodine did not improve doxycycline's efficacy towards rounded forms, but demonstrated additive effects against spirochete and biofilm forms of both tested Borrelia sp. Whether similar in vitro effects can be replicated in vivo, merits further studies.

http://www.ijbs.com/v12p1093.htm
 
Top Bottom