AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES CAUSED BY AN INFECTION?

I'm also happy to read your update Nienna!

I think that it takes great courage and discipline to go trough this protocol, so I'm really glad that you got some good results from it!

:flowers:

Very important information on H. Pylori, autoimmune diseases and neurological and psychiatric syndromes:

The Many Faces of Helicobacter Pylori

by Michael Gerber, MD, HMD

_http://www.townsendletter.com/April2016/momiracles0416.html

Beyond Rosacea

Several years ago I read that H. pylori can cause acne, rosacea, and a host of other diseases as well as stomach and duodenal ulcers.

A spiral-shaped bacterium in the human stomach was first described over 100 years ago by Prof. W. Jaworski in Poland. It wasn't taken seriously as a pathogenic agent until 1984, when two Australian researchers, Barry Marshall and J. Robin Warren, identified it from intestinal biopsies from peptic ulcer disease patients.1 They noted its pleomorphic aspects, which differed from patient to patient, and its ability to tolerate stomach acid by secreting urease and burying into the gastric and duodenal mucosa. They received the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 2005.

Their work changed the treatment parameters from antacid therapy, which frequently caused relapse of the disease, to antibiotic therapy, which addressed the underlying cause of the illness. To this day, the standard allopathic treatment is the triple therapy of a proton pump inhibitor, frequently omeprazole 40 mg per day, with clarithromycin 500 mg twice per day and amoxicillin 1 g twice per day for 7 to 14 days. Diagnosis is made by carbon urea breath testing, stool antigen testing, blood antibody testing, and biopsy during endoscopic examination with a rapid urease test, histological examination, and microbial culture.

H. pylori is a widely prevalent microbe with nearly 50% of the Western world and over 80% of those living in developing countries infected. Only 15% to 20% of infected people have symptoms of peptic ulcer disease. Its prevalence is associated with socioeconomic status, water contamination, sharing of eating utensils, and food quality. The bacteria has an amazing ability to persist in infected individuals for decades and have coexisted with humans since they migrated out of Africa 60,000 years ago.2

Autoimmune Disease Associated with H. Pylori

H. pylori infection has been implicated in a variety of diseases not related to the GI tract. Skin disease association includes the following3,4:

Rosacea: H. pylori can increase the level of nitrous oxide in the blood or tissue contributing to the flushing and erythema of rosacea.
Chronic urticaria: Several studies have found a link between H. pylori and chronic urticaria. It is thought that the infection increases the permeability of the intestinal lining and exposure to allergens and also produces antibodies that may increase the release of histamine in the skin.
Psoriasis: H. pylori may be one of the organisms capable of triggering the inflammatory response in psoriasis.
Sjögren's syndrome: H. pylori may induce an autoimmune reaction to the skin and glands, causing Sjögren's syndrome.
Henoch-Schonlein purpura
Alopecia areata
Sweet disease
Systemic sclerosis
Atopic dermatitis
Behçet's disease
Generalized pruritus
Nodular prurigo
Immune thrombocytopenic purpura
Lichen planus
Aphthous ulceration

It has been speculated that H. pylori infection may be responsible for various endocrine disorders, such as autoimmune thyroid diseases, diabetes mellitus, dyslipidemia, obesity, osteoporosis, and primary hyperparathyroidism.5

H. Pylori, Cognition, and Neurological Syndromes

Not only do H. pylori work on disrupting autoimmune regulation via cytokines, interleukins, humoral, and cell mediated reactions, they also play a powerful role in the modulation of hormones, neurotransmitters, demyelination, and blood–brain barrier disruption.6 This infection has been well documented to be associated with depression, schizophrenia, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, cognitive decline, other neurological diseases, gastrointestinal motility disorders, lymphoma, and vitamin and nutrient malabsorption.

Integrative Approaches to H. Pylori Treatment

My first interest in H. pylori aside from GI issues was rosacea. With our advantage of rapid diagnosis via EAV (electroacupuncture according to Voll) and the BioMeridian computer, it made assessment and treatment response immediately available. My favorite treatment has been with Pyloricil (Orthomolecular Products) containing mastic gum (guar gum) extract 250 mg, berberine sulfate hydrate 150 mg, bismuth citrate 125 mg, and zinc carnosine 37.5 mg per capsule. Dose is 1 capsule twice per day. If it did not test well or if the H. pylori seemed to no longer be responsive, I use mastic gum/DGL from Complementary Prescriptions with deglycyrrhizinated licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra root and rhizome extract 300 mg) with gum mastic (Pistacia lentiscus resin extract). Chew 1 to 2 wafers as needed. I usually suggest twice per day and typically see resolution or good improvement in about 1 month. There are many other herbal and alternative treatments for H. pylori from around the world.7

The depth of research in this infection is truly overwhelming, and I hope that the reader will have a higher index of suspicion in seeking and treating this universal hidden plague.

Gaby said:
Very important information on H. Pylori, autoimmune diseases and neurological and psychiatric syndromes:

The Many Faces of Helicobacter Pylori

by Michael Gerber, MD, HMD

_http://www.townsendletter.com/April2016/momiracles0416.html

Beyond Rosacea

Several years ago I read that H. pylori can cause acne, rosacea, and a host of other diseases as well as stomach and duodenal ulcers.

A spiral-shaped bacterium in the human stomach was first described over 100 years ago by Prof. W. Jaworski in Poland. It wasn't taken seriously as a pathogenic agent until 1984, when two Australian researchers, Barry Marshall and J. Robin Warren, identified it from intestinal biopsies from peptic ulcer disease patients.1 They noted its pleomorphic aspects, which differed from patient to patient, and its ability to tolerate stomach acid by secreting urease and burying into the gastric and duodenal mucosa. They received the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 2005.

Their work changed the treatment parameters from antacid therapy, which frequently caused relapse of the disease, to antibiotic therapy, which addressed the underlying cause of the illness. To this day, the standard allopathic treatment is the triple therapy of a proton pump inhibitor, frequently omeprazole 40 mg per day, with clarithromycin 500 mg twice per day and amoxicillin 1 g twice per day for 7 to 14 days. Diagnosis is made by carbon urea breath testing, stool antigen testing, blood antibody testing, and biopsy during endoscopic examination with a rapid urease test, histological examination, and microbial culture.

H. pylori is a widely prevalent microbe with nearly 50% of the Western world and over 80% of those living in developing countries infected. Only 15% to 20% of infected people have symptoms of peptic ulcer disease. Its prevalence is associated with socioeconomic status, water contamination, sharing of eating utensils, and food quality. The bacteria has an amazing ability to persist in infected individuals for decades and have coexisted with humans since they migrated out of Africa 60,000 years ago.2

Autoimmune Disease Associated with H. Pylori

H. pylori infection has been implicated in a variety of diseases not related to the GI tract. Skin disease association includes the following3,4:

Rosacea: H. pylori can increase the level of nitrous oxide in the blood or tissue contributing to the flushing and erythema of rosacea.
Chronic urticaria: Several studies have found a link between H. pylori and chronic urticaria. It is thought that the infection increases the permeability of the intestinal lining and exposure to allergens and also produces antibodies that may increase the release of histamine in the skin.
Psoriasis: H. pylori may be one of the organisms capable of triggering the inflammatory response in psoriasis.
Sjögren's syndrome: H. pylori may induce an autoimmune reaction to the skin and glands, causing Sjögren's syndrome.
Henoch-Schonlein purpura
Alopecia areata
Sweet disease
Systemic sclerosis
Atopic dermatitis
Behçet's disease
Generalized pruritus
Nodular prurigo
Immune thrombocytopenic purpura
Lichen planus
Aphthous ulceration

It has been speculated that H. pylori infection may be responsible for various endocrine disorders, such as autoimmune thyroid diseases, diabetes mellitus, dyslipidemia, obesity, osteoporosis, and primary hyperparathyroidism.5

H. Pylori, Cognition, and Neurological Syndromes

Not only do H. pylori work on disrupting autoimmune regulation via cytokines, interleukins, humoral, and cell mediated reactions, they also play a powerful role in the modulation of hormones, neurotransmitters, demyelination, and blood–brain barrier disruption.6 This infection has been well documented to be associated with depression, schizophrenia, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, cognitive decline, other neurological diseases, gastrointestinal motility disorders, lymphoma, and vitamin and nutrient malabsorption.

Integrative Approaches to H. Pylori Treatment

My first interest in H. pylori aside from GI issues was rosacea. With our advantage of rapid diagnosis via EAV (electroacupuncture according to Voll) and the BioMeridian computer, it made assessment and treatment response immediately available. My favorite treatment has been with Pyloricil (Orthomolecular Products) containing mastic gum (guar gum) extract 250 mg, berberine sulfate hydrate 150 mg, bismuth citrate 125 mg, and zinc carnosine 37.5 mg per capsule. Dose is 1 capsule twice per day. If it did not test well or if the H. pylori seemed to no longer be responsive, I use mastic gum/DGL from Complementary Prescriptions with deglycyrrhizinated licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra root and rhizome extract 300 mg) with gum mastic (Pistacia lentiscus resin extract). Chew 1 to 2 wafers as needed. I usually suggest twice per day and typically see resolution or good improvement in about 1 month. There are many other herbal and alternative treatments for H. pylori from around the world.7

The depth of research in this infection is truly overwhelming, and I hope that the reader will have a higher index of suspicion in seeking and treating this universal hidden plague.

:O Wow, Thank for sharing this information. Its amazing how much can this infection affect humans health and mind.

Nienna said:
I have several other "issues" with my health and although these things have remained the same, I am relieved with the results I have gotten with the protocol. That's why I am now using the iodine/iodide protocol. My doctor won't notice anything different even in blood tests because of these other problems so there will be nothing to say to her.

HOWEVER, because of health improvements with, first the paleo diet, and, then, the ketogenic diet, I am off 99% of the poisons these doctors have had me on. So how do I handle this when I see the doctors? I just tell them that I am taking their meds and leave it at that. I always try to remember that sincerity with everyone is a weakness. ;)

I am very happy for you Nienna! It must have been awful, but it sounds like it was worth it. I hope that you keep feeling better and better. Like you say, it's been a long process and everything new we learn takes us a step closer to being healthier. And much respect to you and all who went through the antibiotic protocol :shock: :D :hug:

Hi guys,

last year I suffered with numerous tooth abscesses, stomach/ digestion issues and a giant rash.
I still haven't been able to get rid of that rash totally, in fact it's pretty much come right back round to the same time last year where it's showing back up. I'm having issues with bloating again, and my teeth are starting to ache despite looking after them rather well. (coco pulling, toothpaste, mouthwash)

I'm never 100% healthy, I'm sick/ nauseated/ have aches, pains pretty much everyday at some point. My breasts are always super itchy if I had a little bit of sugar the day before. I get ill quite a lot, where I feel sick or haven't got any energy at all. On rare occasions I just have to go to sleep, and recently on the weekends I won't get up until late. My teeth are really started to ache and become sensitive ... I'm pretty sick of it to be honest. My menstrual cycle is all over the place. But I could not afford to, at all, do any protocol (bearing in mind it's 6 months, and includes time off work) ...

I've been taking Iodine since December 2015 - I thought by now, it would have made more of a health difference. I know this is some kind of chronic infection, probably something to do with bacteria considering all of the above. But what exactly else is there to do :huh:

Lilyalic said:
Hi guys,

last year I suffered with numerous tooth abscesses, stomach/ digestion issues and a giant rash.
I still haven't been able to get rid of that rash totally, in fact it's pretty much come right back round to the same time last year where it's showing back up. I'm having issues with bloating again, and my teeth are starting to ache despite looking after them rather well. (coco pulling, toothpaste, mouthwash)

I'm never 100% healthy, I'm sick/ nauseated/ have aches, pains pretty much everyday at some point. My breasts are always super itchy if I had a little bit of sugar the day before. I get ill quite a lot, where I feel sick or haven't got any energy at all. On rare occasions I just have to go to sleep, and recently on the weekends I won't get up until late. My teeth are really started to ache and become sensitive ... I'm pretty sick of it to be honest. My menstrual cycle is all over the place. But I could not afford to, at all, do any protocol (bearing in mind it's 6 months, and includes time off work) ...

I've been taking Iodine since December 2015 - I thought by now, it would have made more of a health difference. I know this is some kind of chronic infection, probably something to do with bacteria considering all of the above. But what exactly else is there to do :huh:

Sorry to hear that Lilyalic. Reading your symptoms I think you might actually benefit from the doxy/metro protocol, but Gaby would know better. Some infections need ultra nuking! Since you can't afford to do this protocol due to work, I wonder if going low doxy could be helpful for the time being, as it could help (based on my experience) with decreasing inflammation.

Oxajil said:
Sorry to hear that Lilyalic. Reading your symptoms I think you might actually benefit from the doxy/metro protocol, but Gaby would know better. Some infections need ultra nuking! Since you can't afford to do this protocol due to work, I wonder if going low doxy could be helpful for the time being, as it could help (based on my experience) with decreasing inflammation.

Thank you Oxajil,
I had a Skype call session with Gaby last year at some point and was given my personal protocol. It was said that I would benefit from this, but bearing in mind it'd cost around £600. That's what worries me. Carl suggested maybe I should make this an "aim" to be able to afford it.
But as you said, maybe there is a way to get small doses/ some of the suggested :/

I looked up the protocol again, and realized I do have some things like ALA, D3, Olive leaf extract, CoQ10, Bromelain, Oregano oil, NAC etc. So maybe (Gaby will know more!) taking them along side Iodine would help? IDK.

Lilyalic said:
last year I suffered with numerous tooth abscesses, stomach/ digestion issues and a giant rash ... I'm pretty sick of it to be honest. My menstrual cycle is all over the place. But I could not afford to, at all, do any protocol (bearing in mind it's 6 months, and includes time off work) ...

Don't have anything specific to comment on the detox protocol, but just wanted to share something that perhaps could help you with handling this tough time.

As it happens, last day of PMS and first couple of days of the period are usually pretty intense for me. Weakness, cramps and icky feeling all over. Naturally, the inclination is to limit any sort of interaction or work, or any spending of energy. But, obviously, that isn't always possible. And in the past I usually dreaded those days and approached it as something that would simply have to endure and wait out.

But then with time I've noticed something interesting. That if there was something that captivated my attention, no matter how physically hard it was (for example, practice with large animals on the farm), it allowed me to completely forget about the icky state! Sure, the feeling returned afterwards, but the fact remained that it didn't prevent me from doing other things if they were interesting/engaging enough for me to forget about my physical state.

Sure, it may not work in all the cases, and often there are truly debilitating conditions that no matter of distraction can alleviate the suffering. But it is also true that we notice things we focus on. And often their sensory experience can become enhanced by this focusing, especially it is being accompanied by the emotional component of frustration. If so, engaging with something else and really focusing on it maybe can be somewhat helpful.

As Joe said in another thread, "the feeling part is really the most important, because it is through feelings or emotions that we suffer most and through them we can also, in theory, come to understand and know and therefore lessen the suffering."

Wish you a speedy and successful healing. :hug2:

Lilyalic said:

How much Iodine are you taking? If you have a very high pathogen load, which sounds possible, then you may need a lot of it for a while to eliminate them, which may be the best option if you can't afford the antibiotics for the antibiotic protocol.

Admittedly, either process will likely not be very fun, but will likely improve your health situation significantly when completed.

Keit said:
Lilyalic said:
last year I suffered with numerous tooth abscesses, stomach/ digestion issues and a giant rash ... I'm pretty sick of it to be honest. My menstrual cycle is all over the place. But I could not afford to, at all, do any protocol (bearing in mind it's 6 months, and includes time off work) ...

Don't have anything specific to comment on the detox protocol, but just wanted to share something that perhaps could help you with handling this tough time.

As it happens, last day of PMS and first couple of days of the period are usually pretty intense for me. Weakness, cramps and icky feeling all over. Naturally, the inclination is to limit any sort of interaction or work, or any spending of energy. But, obviously, that isn't always possible. And in the past I usually dreaded those days and approached it as something that would simply have to endure and wait out.

But then with time I've noticed something interesting. That if there was something that captivated my attention, no matter how physically hard it was (for example, practice with large animals on the farm), it allowed me to completely forget about the icky state! Sure, the feeling returned afterwards, but the fact remained that it didn't prevent me from doing other things if they were interesting/engaging enough for me to forget about my physical state.

Sure, it may not work in all the cases, and often there are truly debilitating conditions that no matter of distraction can alleviate the suffering. But it is also true that we notice things we focus on. And often their sensory experience can become enhanced by this focusing, especially it is being accompanied by the emotional component of frustration. If so, engaging with something else and really focusing on it maybe can be somewhat helpful.

As Joe said in another thread, "the feeling part is really the most important, because it is through feelings or emotions that we suffer most and through them we can also, in theory, come to understand and know and therefore lessen the suffering."

Wish you a speedy and successful healing. :hug2:

Yeah that's true, I never really feel it when I'm in work - It's usually more prominent on the Weekends. Sorry to hear of your pain too, Keit.
Thank you, :)

Foxx said:
How much Iodine are you taking? If you have a very high pathogen load, which sounds possible, then you may need a lot of it for a while to eliminate them, which may be the best option if you can't afford the antibiotics for the antibiotic protocol.

Admittedly, either process will likely not be very fun, but will likely improve your health situation significantly when completed.

I used to take 6 drops of 12% but kept getting sore throat, swelled lymph nodes and ill so I dropped down to 2 a day.
I've done a nuke dose this weekend though, along with Olive leaf, VD3, ALA, etc etc. Maybe taking the iodine, doxy and all the rest will help?
Also, having nuke doses on the weekends could help too, and I'll take Benadryl to help.

Will the iodine and antibiotics of any kind react to one another?
I can afford little things like EDTA, or DMSA over time. I'm still just trying to crawl out of my overdraft :scared:

Lilyalic said:
I've done a nuke dose this weekend though, along with Olive leaf, VD3, ALA, etc etc. Maybe taking the iodine, doxy and all the rest will help?
Also, having nuke doses on the weekends could help too, and I'll take Benadryl to help.

Will the iodine and antibiotics of any kind react to one another?
I can afford little things like EDTA, or DMSA over time. I'm still just trying to crawl out of my overdraft :scared:

You can't just take the doxy by itself for what you are describing. It is for very specific situations and yours doesn't fit as far as I can tell.

For the dental issues, you could try putting a few drops of lugol's in a tablespoon of 1/2 DMSO and 1/2 water and swish as long as possible in your mouth and then spit it out. As I mentioned elsewhere, I put a few drops of lugol's in a tablespoon of DMSO cream and apply it to my chest, neck and armpits (all the gland systems connected to the breasts).

As for anything more than this, more info is needed from you including diet and health history.

ADDED: DMSO is also an excellent heavy metal chelator. A Teaspoon in some water several times a day is the usual dose for that.

Laura said:
You can't just take the doxy by itself for what you are describing. It is for very specific situations and yours doesn't fit as far as I can tell.

For the dental issues, you could try putting a few drops of lugol's in a tablespoon of 1/2 DMSO and 1/2 water and swish as long as possible in your mouth and then spit it out. As I mentioned elsewhere, I put a few drops of lugol's in a tablespoon of DMSO cream and apply it to my chest, neck and armpits (all the gland systems connected to the breasts).

As for anything more than this, more info is needed from you including diet and health history.

ADDED: DMSO is also an excellent heavy metal chelator. A Teaspoon in some water several times a day is the usual dose for that.

Thank you Laura, DMSO is a great idea (it's cheap too!)

-Diet before Paleo: Awful! Sugar, sweets, all kinds, junk food.
...Started paleo about 3 years ago.

-Diet NOW: Paleo, occasional chocolate, GF biscuits (once a week). In the past have done Keto, but it wasn't the best for me.
Trying to cut down on this - sometimes I'm really strict, and sometimes it's just a reaction to stress. :-[

Health history as far as I can remember:

-Tonsils removed (too many throat infections, quite common)
-Blood infection. (more white blood cells, caused severe stomach ache, constipation etc)
-Eczema
-PID (Pelvic Inflammatory Disease),took Oxfloxacin for weeks, had this infection for months
-Plenty of bacterial infections
-Dental abscess'
-Aching lower back from age 12 (could be due to accident falling down the stairs) which caused a slight curved spine/ weak back. (I could never walk long distances, and it hurt to sit down, improved over time but even better after cutting out Dairy/Gluten)
-HPV (Also had the HPV vaccine)
-Neck ache for a few months which I posted about last year

That's all I can remember for now...

Lilyalic said:
That's all I can remember for now...

Doing some metal chelation effort should increase your body's ability to get a hold of the stealth infections. Dietary efforts could be reinforced to deal with any possible yeast overgrowth as the mercury gets chelated.

Don't get overwhelmed with too many things though. Do the one thing that you can handle right now and concentrate on that. I think Laura's tips for the teeth problems are very good. You could start with those.

One step at a time, you'll get there :flowers:

I concur with what has been said - the mental aspect is probably a very important contributor. Do you do daily meditation (like mindfulness)? There is a very good program by Williamson called Mindfulness - How to survive in a frantic world. I can highly recommend it.

The other probably very important thing is what Gaby mentioned - heavy metal detox. Maybe you should look into doing DMSA/ EDTA cycles. These agents are normally not overly expensive and are generally well tolerated.

But I also agree with Gaby that you should take things one step at the time and not overburden yourself.

Best,
Nick

Gaby said:
Doing some metal chelation effort should increase your body's ability to get a hold of the stealth infections. Dietary efforts could be reinforced to deal with any possible yeast overgrowth as the mercury gets chelated.

Don't get overwhelmed with too many things though. Do the one thing that you can handle right now and concentrate on that. I think Laura's tips for the teeth problems are very good. You could start with those.

One step at a time, you'll get there :flowers:
nicklebleu said:
I concur with what has been said - the mental aspect is probably a very important contributor. Do you do daily meditation (like mindfulness)? There is a very good program by Williamson called Mindfulness - How to survive in a frantic world. I can highly recommend it.

The other probably very important thing is what Gaby mentioned - heavy metal detox. Maybe you should look into doing DMSA/ EDTA cycles. These agents are normally not overly expensive and are generally well tolerated.

But I also agree with Gaby that you should take things one step at the time and not overburden yourself.

Best,
Nick

OK, thank you! :) I'll get some DMSA/EDTA and do a few days on Iodine/ few days on DMSA, I'll take a look through the thread again.
I'll try meditating a little everyday before bed too.

Thank you again!

Back
Top Bottom