AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES CAUSED BY AN INFECTION?

Gaby said:
- There are several herbal protocols that have been proved useful and described in the book. For instance, Artemisia, neem, liposomal artemisinin, cryptolepis. He would typically leave a patient with herbal remedies as maintenance after the person healed with antibiotics.

Artemisinin is in the news nowadays, because its creator received a Nobel prize. What I found interesting, that she based the creation of her drug on ancient remedies.

The 2015 Nobel prize for medicine or physiology has been awarded to scientists who developed new drugs for roundworm parasites and malaria. The treatments have improved the lives of 3.4 billion people around the world, says the Nobel committee.

Half the prize was awarded to Chinese scientist Youyou Tu, who drew on traditional Chinese medicines to discover artemisinin, one of the most important malaria drugs used today. She tested the drug on herself before starting clinical trials...

Working in the 1960s and 70s, Tu reviewed more than 2000 recipes for traditional herbal remedies to look for new malaria therapies. She discovered that sweet wormwood, Artemisia annua, was a promising candidate, but her initial attempts to purify the active ingredient failed.

After revisiting a 1700-year-old recipe, she realised that her technique might be damaging the active ingredient. She developed a new lower-temperature method, and found that the resulting drug was 100 per cent effective in mice and monkeys. In clinical trials with infected patients, it eradicated the malaria parasite within 30 hours.

Tu published her work in 1977 but remained anonymous, as was customary in China at the time. Now 84, she has waited almost four decades for recognition. Profiled by New Scientist in 2011, she played down her achievements, saying: “What I have done was what I should have done as a return for the education provided by my country.”

Keit said:
Artemisinin is in the news nowadays, because its creator received a Nobel prize. What I found interesting, that she based the creation of her drug on ancient remedies.

That is fascinating.

For the time being, I found a real cheap bag of artemisia herbs. I'm going to prepare a tea and add some glycinate as a sweetener.

It seems that toxo-like parasites (other than malarial types) are also sensitive to the herb. I'll try to keep that in mind if the tea doesn't taste good ;)

Gaby said:
Keit said:

That is fascinating.

For the time being, I found a real cheap bag of artemisia herbs. I'm going to prepare a tea and add some glycinate as a sweetener.

It seems that toxo-like parasites (other than malarial types) are also sensitive to the herb. I'll try to keep that in mind if the tea doesn't taste good ;)

It doesn't. :( Artemisia is one of the bitter herbs, like golden seal. But it works like a champ so hold your nose and gulp it down. :halo: The dried plant was burned as an air purifier too.

herondancer said:
It doesn't. :( Artemisia is one of the bitter herbs, like golden seal. But it works like a champ so hold your nose and gulp it down. :halo: The dried plant was burned as an air purifier too.

Thank you for the heads up. :lol: In that case, I'll add some extra ginger.

Recent news article about an Indian study reporting on the positive effects of giving autistic children camel's milk:

A study by Baba Farid Centre for Special Children (BFCSC) along with National Research Centre on Camel (NRCC), Bikaner, has revealed that autism is not a genetic or mental disability, but a biomedical disorder and has indicated that camel milk is beneficial for autistic children.

Autism evaluation checklist (ATEC) score was used to measure the improvements in children. This score is accepted throughout the world as a scientific tool to measure improvements. This score has 77 items with 180 marks which are analyzed automatically by software which is operated by Autism Research Institute. On an average, there was an improvement of 26 points. In 27 children, the improvement was 25 points, in 11 it was 26 to 50 points while in three the improvement was more than 50 points. There was no child who showed no improvement."

In the next phase, we will take 30 children who are drinking camel milk, but are not taking other treatments and 30 children who are drinking camel milk with other treatments. This will help to establish exact role of camel milk in management of autistic children."

He told that research in other countries had also revealed that camel milk was quite good in tackling autism as a study in Saudi Arabia had proved that all symptoms of autism improved with camel milk. "All these studies have a common conclusion that camel milk improves the immunity of these children," he said.

_http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chandigarh/Study-shows-camel-milk-beneficial-for-autistic-children/articleshow/49296464.cms?from=mdr_

Thought I would report that I've finished the protocol and have moved to just taking herbal/vitamin/mineral supplements and things that break down/prevent biofilms.

Since I began taking the high doses of arginine, then adding high doses of glycine/NAC, I noticed that the flashes I was having in my eyes disappeared. Haven't seen one in a couple of weeks.

Am I "cured"? Well, I guess we'll see. I'm going to wait a month and then do a metro challenge to see if anything reacts.

One thing I do want to say: this was a miserable, even brutal, course of meds. But if it works, it is probably worth it in serious conditions. But believe me, you want to have a serious condition to justify doing it! Otherwise, I think the herbals might be the way to go! Also, there is the cost factor. For us, here, it wasn't that expensive because the meds are pretty cheap in our region. But for those in the US, trying to do this on your own dime is pretty costly.

For the entire 6 months you need (cost is fludan's):
75 grams of metronidazole = $178.
720 grams of hydroxychloroquine = @ $502 per 100 grams - about $3514.
90 grams of doxycycline = $250. {corrected, see my post below}
1 BU Nystatin = $227.

So, for a single individual, it's $5359. $4169. And that's if you don't add in the other, rotating antibiotics such as Azithromycin and amoxicillin or something comparable.

The bottom line is: without a doctor, insurance, cheap meds, etc, it simply isn't practical for most people. It's not something you can start and then just quit if you run out of money, or you need to switch antibiotics. That could be more harmful to your health than just leaving it alone. So the better option might be to just do the herbals with some nystatin. Yes, you probably would have to do them for a year or longer, but that's not such a bad thing.

I was reading a book about biofilms - "Combating Biofilms: Why Your Antibiotics and Antifungals Fail: Solutions for Lyme Disease, Chronic Sinusitis, Pneumonia, Yeast Infections, Wounds, Ear ... Bad Breath, Cystic Fibrosis and Implants" - and he mentions a lot of interesting things including the fact that xylitol, erythritol, NAC and other things, actively break down biofilms. That might be why some people have such a "gassy" reaction to them. A lot of interesting data in there.

It's hard to say exactly how I feel yet because I think I really broke things down during the protocol. There just wasn't any time or space to take any good mineral supplements because minerals are said to interfere with the antibiotics, so I just set them aside mostly for the duration and now I'm busy remineralizing.

Can't stress enough the benefits of arginine and glycine/NAC along with Vitamin C and B complex. They really kept me going.

Laura said:
Thought I would report that I've finished the protocol and have moved to just taking herbal/vitamin/mineral supplements and things that break down/prevent biofilms.

Since I began taking the high doses of arginine, then adding high doses of glycine/NAC, I noticed that the flashes I was having in my eyes disappeared. Haven't seen one in a couple of weeks.

Am I "cured"? Well, I guess we'll see. I'm going to wait a month and then do a metro challenge to see if anything reacts.

One thing I do want to say: this was a miserable, even brutal, course of meds. But if it works, it is probably worth it in serious conditions. But believe me, you want to have a serious condition to justify doing it! Otherwise, I think the herbals might be the way to go! Also, there is the cost factor. For us, here, it wasn't that expensive because the meds are pretty cheap in our region. But for those in the US, trying to do this on your own dime is pretty costly.

360 grams of doxycycline = $1440.
1 BU Nystatin = $227.

So, for a single individual, it's $5359. And that's if your don't add in the other, rotating antibiotics such as Azithromycin and amoxicillin or something comparable.

The bottom line is: without a doctor, insurance, cheap meds, etc, it simply isn't practical for most people. It's not something you can [just] start and then just quit if you run out of money, or you need to switch antibiotics. That could be more harmful to your health than just leaving it alone. So the better option might be to just do the herbals with some nystatin. Yes, you probably would have to do them for a year or longer, but that's not such a bad thing.

I was reading a book about biofilms - "Combating Biofilms: Why Your Antibiotics and Antifungals Fail: Solutions for Lyme Disease, Chronic Sinusitis, Pneumonia, Yeast Infections, Wounds, Ear ... Bad Breath, Cystic Fibrosis and Implants" - and he mentions a lot of interesting things including the fact that xylitol, erythritol, NAC and other things, actively break down biofilms. That might be why some people have such a "gassy" reaction to them. A lot of interesting data in there.

It's hard to say exactly how I feel yet because I think I really broke things down during the protocol. There just wasn't any time or space to take any good mineral supplements because minerals are said to interfere with the antibiotics, so I just set them aside mostly for the duration and now I'm busy remineralizing.

Can't stress enough the benefits of arginine and glycine/NAC along with Vitamin C and B complex. They really kept me going.
Thank you for cost breakdown, was considering for a while. :)

To the alt methods instead...

Thanks for that summary, Laura. Seems it was one heck of an experience for 6 months. I'm "keeping my fingers crossed" to hear at some point that you are MUCH better than when you started out. Keep up the supplements/herbs that have shown benefits....

SeekinTruth said:
Thanks for that summary, Laura. Seems it was one heck of an experience for 6 months. I'm "keeping my fingers crossed" to hear at some point that you are MUCH better than when you started out. Keep up the supplements/herbs that have shown benefits....

Ditto from me and I'm glad to hear that you've at least finished the protocol!

I want to make a correction on the doxycycline dose. Dosage depends on weight. Average dose would be 200 mg 2X a day. I took 300 mg in the mornings and 200 mg in the evenings for a total of 1 gram every two days. So that would have been 90 grams for 6 months. The cost for 100 grams is $250. So knock $1190 off the doxycycline cost. Makes a bit of difference.

Foxx said:
SeekinTruth said:

Ditto from me and I'm glad to hear that you've at least finished the protocol!

:)

Laura said:

Thank you for the update and the experience-based tips :flowers:

Laura said:

90 grams of doxycycline = $250. {corrected, see my post below}
1 BU Nystatin = $227.

So, for a single individual, it's $5359. $4169. And that's if you don't add in the other, rotating antibiotics such as Azithromycin and amoxicillin or something comparable.

The bottom line is: without a doctor, insurance, cheap meds, etc, it simply isn't practical for most people. It's not something you can start and then just quit if you run out of money, or you need to switch antibiotics. That could be more harmful to your health than just leaving it alone. So the better option might be to just do the herbals with some nystatin. Yes, you probably would have to do them for a year or longer, but that's not such a bad thing.

Thank you very much, Laura. Very glad that you have completed the protocol! :)
Good to know that there is an alternative to antibiotics. In my case the money is not the problem, but finding a doctor who does not think that this therapy is crazy. I hope there is a herbal solution for those who do not have access to a physician with knowledge about this.
By the way, I have also flashes in the eyes. I did a examination of the optic nerves, and everything was normal. This does not mean much, since I've read that the tests usually come normal with lyme.

Gaby said:
Laura said:

Thank you for the update and the experience-based tips :flowers:

Ditto! Thanks for the update Laura. :hug2:

Back
Top Bottom