Beautiful Art: architecture, paintings, sculptures, etc

I have only just noticed that Pierre, the creator of this lovely thread, is now a Cosmic Force. How delightful. I didn't know him personally but I think he would be pleased. This is one of my favourite threads and it is great to see his smiling face still on the forum even though he can no longer contribute physically.

Two teenagers, Teejay and Galaxy, put a pair of glasses on the floor to see how visitors would react.
And it wasn't long before visitors mistook it for a work of art! 😅
People approached the pair of glasses to observe and even take photos of them, thinking they were part of the exhibition...
The first thought I had seeing this was that the visitors were making a spectacle of themselves, pun absolutely intended! :-D
The second thought I had was what a sad state of affairs for contemporary art. Sheesh :rolleyes:

L'église Znamenskaya est en pierre blanche, elle se dresse sur une haute colline parmi prairies et rivières.
Si vous êtes à Moscou, voici un excellent lieu d'excursion !

The white stone Znamenskaya Church stands on a high hill amidst meadows and rivers.
If you're in Moscow, this is a great place to visit!

1711787485903.png1711787500492.png1711787540085.png1711787588053.png

Last edited:
The first thought I had seeing this was that the visitors were making a spectacle of themselves, pun absolutely intended! :-D
The second thought I had was what a sad state of affairs for contemporary art. Sheesh :rolleyes:
It proves that people that go to the contemporary museums are, a lot, as Luis de Funes would have said: zin zin.

Also, under my humble point of vue, the contemporary art is a scam. The only good thing when you go to this sort of museum is the silence. The audience is so engrossed by these paintings, which in fact should be in dustbins, that they remain mute, either in surprise or fascination. 😅

In 2016, a modern art museum in San Francisco got totally trollied!
Two teenagers, Teejay and Galaxy, put a pair of glasses on the floor to see how visitors would react.
And it wasn't long before visitors mistook it for a work of art! 😅
People approached the pair of glasses to observe and even take photos of them, thinking they were part of the exhibition...
The event sparked lively debate and highlighted the often absurd perception of contemporary art...
So, what is art after all, since everything can be visibly interpreted as such?

View attachment 93607
My partner had a quite reverse experience when his catering team mistook a "art toolbox" for ,a simple tool box and moved it away to install their preparation for the vernissage/night opening. 🤣
I really don't understand the trend and always felt more attracted to WORK of art, with actual adding. value (like esthetic, humour, vision, imagination, creativity...👀

The kinetic wind sculptures created by Lyman Whitaker and Anthony Howe are hypnotic due to their seeming perpetual motion showcasing their exquisite design and engineering. The works of art generate so many associations with mystical things, like portals, UFO's, DNA, jelly-fish, etc.

Lyman Whitaker

Anthony Howe

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom