Beirut Explosion

In this post there are more perspectives and calculations,
Detonation velocities and differences between Sailor Hat and Beirut
If the Sailor Hat test mentioned in this post had 450 tons of TNT, the Beirut explosion would thus be about two and a half times more powerful. But in the Sailor Hat all the TNT was packed into a semispherical pile which may have made the explosion occur faster, at least if they used several detonators, or if a detonator was placed at the center. It is a given that a detonation happens fast, but not all are equally fast. In the Wiki table of explosive detonation velocities, one finds the detonation velocity of ammonium nitrate to be the slowest on this list with only 2700m/s, while the next in the list, silver azide has a detonation velocity of 4000 m/s, TNT of 6900 m/s etc. Another difference with the Sailor Hat, was that the content was stored in a warehouse, not in direct contact with each other which should help to slow it down. In Beirut, the AN was stored one bag on top of another according to the photo in this post and with one bag containing 1000 kg (see lower right next to the head of the squatting worker).
Just saw this one on Twitter, supposed to be a picture of the storage condition for the ammonium nitrate at the warehouse.
View attachment 38136
One could make an estimate of the area of storage needed. The density of AN is 1.73 g/cm^3 so judging from the picture in the above post, one bag would occupy an area of 1 m^2. Being on top of one another, it would be 2 bags/m^2. With 2750 tons that would be 1350 m^2 In the picture one sees the warehouse roof, one side of the roof appears to have two rows of transparent sections. Suppose the roof is 15 meters on each side, or at surface level about 25 meters across, then the bags would take up an area of roughly 55x25 meters. If the width was 30 meters it would be a length of 45 meters. How might this detonate and create such an impressive vapor dome?

Under ANFO or ammonium nitrate fuel oil, one finds: ANFO - Wikipedia
It consists of 94% porous prilled ammonium nitrate (NH4NO3) (AN), which acts as the oxidizing agent and absorbent for the fuel, and 6% number 2 fuel oil (FO).[2]
[...]
ANFO is a tertiary explosive, meaning that it cannot be set off by the small quantity of primary explosive in a typical blasting cap. A larger quantity of secondary explosive, known as a primer or a booster, must be used.[9] One or two sticks of dynamite were historically used; current practice is to use Tovex or cast boosters of pentolite (TNT/PETN or similar compositions).[10]
One difference between ANFO and AN is the 6% of fuel oil, and since ammonium nitrate is hygroscopic it would tend to absorb water from the air, form a cake and be pretty solid after these years of being stored in open bags and in a humid area near the port. Therefore even if one poured diesel fuel on the bags the mix would not readily resemble ANFO and if ANFO needs a booster, the AN would need a super booster. Where is it? In this video, perhaps the closest available recording taken next to the warehouse, one can see that there are minor explosions and that things being to get chaotic inside the warehouse: It is from http://alaraby.tv Translated from Arabic: "How did the ship carrying the death shipment arrive at Beirut Harbor? Here are the details." The section with the warehouse is shown at the beginning and at the end:
1596902834581.png
If one sees the video and compare with the image below, it much have been taken from a place really nearby. The arrow points to the warehouse that went up.
1596902990884.png
A comment on videos with edited-in missiles
I found a couple of videos, for instance, this, which claims they can see a missile, but there is also someone who explains how such videos are done: Video one and two.
The videos that have been edited were taken close to the event:
One is similar to a clip from Alghad TV which is taken from the harbor area.
Another clip Beirut Explosion catches cyclist on the road is also used in an edited version. It is taken from the other side of the silos compared to the clip from Alghad TV. I downloaded one of them, played it with a negative filter on, but there is nothing to see.

The sequence of events
In this picture from Al-ain.com one can see the sequence of burning, brown smoke (small detonation), then the major detonation. What one sees may help in the section on chemistry, and be an aid to do calculations.
1596900483403.png
Chemistry and the produced energy from the explosion

- The Beirut Explosion apparently exploded with a force equivalent to hundreds of tons of TNT up to between 1.0 and 1.5 kilotons (1,000 - 1,500 tons of TNT)
From a site on chemistry, How does ammonium nitrate explode on its own? mentioned earlier in the thread, there are some details about the amount of energy. This can be used to reconstruct some sides of how it happened:
1596908071917.png
There are several possible compounds of nitrogen generated as products of a decomposition of AN: Nitric oxide (NO), nitrogen(II) oxide, or nitrogen monoxide which is colorless. Nitrogen dioxide (NO2), nitrogen(IV) oxide which is a reddish brown gas Nitrous oxide (N2O), nitrogen(0,II) oxide is colorless
Process 4) generates 2597KJ/Mol or 61.9 % of TNT while the presence of brown gas in the picture indicates process 5) that generates NO2 and 944 KJ/Mol this is compared to the TNT (4196KJ/Mol) about 22.5 %.

Calculating the released energy in TNT - an estimate
If one next takes 2750 tons of AN and converts the energy following process 4) into TNT it would be 1700 tons of TNT if process 5) it would be 620 tons of TNT. Each calculation is assuming only one process was taking place for the whole lot of 2750 tons. Probably this is not so, and there are also processes 3), 6) and 7), but for now I ignore them, as 6) and 7) are in the same lower range as process 5). The calculations are just estimates, but if one takes the average of the energy that would be generated with process 4) and 5) like in half the amount reacted according to process 4) the other according to process 5) then the average would be 1250 tons or with round figures 1.3 kiloton of TNT, which in the range Pashalis mentioned and the same as given in the following illustration:
In terms of TNT equivalent, a measure used to gauge the impact of an explosion, it ranks in the top 10 of the largest accidental explosions in history:
accidental-explosions.png
There is still room for other processes and other kinds of technology
There may still be something missing in terms of data and test to determine in what proportion the processes took place. The range of tolerance 1.0 to 1.5 kt TNT leaves room for substantial secondary influences, which could have helped the AN to go off in a big way. To learn about this, a lot will depend on how open-minded the investigators dare to be, and how thorough they can do their collections of data.
However, I was impressed by the similarity of the explosion that Meyssan says took place in Syria in January with the one we saw in Beirut. This is the video that Meyssan links to:
The similarities between the shockwaves/"vapor domes" are amazing, and I think there is still place for new technology like what Thierry Meyssan suggests, but it is not so easy to prove, as I thought. It almost never is when experts in clandestine activities are involved.

With the speed of sound to Cyprus
Just to give a perspective on the intensity of the explosion. It was huge. People 150 Miles away (240 km) on the island of Cyprus reported hearing noise of the blast and windows shaking, so much so that some people wondered if they were bombed.
Among the above explosions in the illustration, I looked up the Oppau Explosion which could be heard 300 km away over land, according to Oppau Explosion - 1921 | Devastating Disasters see also Oppau explosion - Big Chemical Encyclopedia The Oppau explosion was only a partial detonation of 4500 tons of a mix of ammonium nitrate and ammonium sulfate with an estimated explosive power of 1.5 kt of TNT. Given this example from Germany, it is possible the amount of AN exploding in Beirut could reach Cyprus, The distance was shorter and there were no trees or obstacles as on land. A wind carrying the sound would help, but it would take no more than 11 to 12 minutes for the shockwave from Beirut to reach the hills and mountainsides of Cyprus.

Sure, why not. But watch this video in the link right below.

Those 'sparkles' just before detonation don't look like fireworks to me, more like some kind of incendiary device, maybe something like thermite.

Sure, why not. But watch this video in the link right below.

Those 'sparkles' just before detonation don't look like fireworks to me, more like some kind of incendiary device, maybe something like thermite.

Once again if you look to the left of the video you'll see a rainbow type phenomena in the horizon, keep your eye on it thru out the entire video stream even after the explosion. That phenomena or rainbow end is directly related to the location previously described as fireworks going off. I mentioned before about this rainbow/energy field might be the elephant killing satellites previously mentioned.

Once again if you look to the left of the video you'll see a rainbow type phenomena in the horizon, keep your eye on it thru out the entire video stream even after the explosion. That phenomena or rainbow end is directly related to the location previously described as fireworks going off. I mentioned before about this rainbow/energy field might be the elephant killing satellites previously mentioned.

Okay, take a look at this video also. Look for that energy field coming in exactly at the same angle but in this one it presents itself as something resembling at tight rope wire with the phenomena (lighter pale rainbow) just beneath.

Pepe Escobar has a new piece raising a few questions, to which I'll add some more I've been pondering for the last few days. Here's Pepe's: Who Profits from the Beirut Tragedy | The Vineyard of the Saker

He talks about the shady nature of the way the AN got there in the first place. Something doesn't smell right about that story. The questions that have been going through my head: Can we be sure what the chemical composition of the stuff in the bags really was? The label says "Nitro Prill HD", but Google doesn't bring up anything significant for this alleged brand prior to the explosion. (Nitropril - one 'l' - is an Australian brand produced for mine explosions.) Was it a knock-off brand? Was it actually ANFO? Basically, who did the shipper get it from, where was it produced, and who was the intended buyer? Was it intended to be used for IEDs, as Pepe suggests?

People have been saying that some fireworks were stored "nearby", but the video thorbiorn posted shows those sparkly explosions happening in what appears to be the same warehouse. And like Joe pointed out, those don't look like standard fireworks.

Okay, take a look at this video also. Look for that energy field coming in exactly at the same angle but in this one it presents itself as something resembling at tight rope wire with the phenomena (lighter pale rainbow) just beneath.
Sorry, not wanting to toot my horn once again but l happened to just realize that you need not watch this video to see the energy field previously described Just enlarge the picture of the video and look to the left. There it is, the energy field coming down from the sky at exactly the same angle previously discussed. Damn

Translation of the following interview with captain, who allegedly brought the ship with AN to Beirut port, appeared on one of Czech sites and the translator/editor made this intro remark: "This is the first of two articles which present possible explanation of what happened in Beirut. The other article, with completely different explanation, will follow next week. I don't know where the truth is, leaving it to the reader to decide."

Even if the captain is real and the things have happened the way he claims, it surely does not mean he knows the whole story and could be just a pawn in the game. Furthermore, it also smells of throwing the blame in popular direction of Russia. There might be some interesting pieces of puzzle in this article though.

The interview was published on Cyprus butterfly website in Russian original. They offer automatic Google translation to English (which I have used) and Greek.

I wrote to Putin every month!
Interview with the captain of the ship whose cargo exploded in Beirut

The explosion in the port of Beirut, Lebanon, was due to the detonation of 2,750 tons of ammonium nitrate unloaded from the Rosus ship in September 2014.

This data is provided by the Lebanese channel LBCI following a meeting of the Supreme Defense Council. As a result of the explosion , more than a hundred people were killed and over four thousand were injured . The dry cargo ship itself, flying the flag of Moldova, belonged to a former resident of Khabarovsk, Igor Grechushkin , who in 2014 abandoned the ship along with the crew members to their fate.

captain.jpg

How "Rosus" ended up in the port of Beirut and how the crew members actually became hostages of the ship locked up in Lebanon, was told by its former captain Boris Prokoshev.

I got on this ship somewhere in 2013. I then lived in Odessa, one of the agencies offered me a job as a captain on the "Rosus". I worked on it before, for about a year. Worked for about four months. The steamer, of course, is not very comfortable, the conditions are difficult, but where can I go? Work is needed. The ship itself is seaworthy, strong. Then the owners were different, Cypriots. And this Igor Grechushkin received him from them just as I was leaving. When I was again offered a job at Rosus, I thought: okay, Russian ship owner. Met with him, like normal. Then he came to the steamer, he was in Turkey, on the roadstead of Tuzla. I see the whole crew is changing for some reason. It struck me as suspicious. I ask the captain: "What's the matter?" - "Yes, everything is fine, everything is fine." The captain turned out to be a bastard, he did not tell me anything about that the crew is leaving due to non-payment of salaries. And they all quickly faded away. Later we found out that they called the International Seafarers Union because they had not been paid for four months. And they didn't tell us anything, none of the crew! They explained their dismissal by the fact that they had to go to Mozambique, which is far away, they do not want to. But what about Mozambique to me? The further, the better - I will earn more money.

What kind of cargo did you need to carry?

Ammonium nitrate, saltpeter. Fertilizers. From Turkey we went to Greece, to Piraeus. We got on the road, refueled, ordered what we need for the flight. Grechushkin signed everything. And when it came to receiving an order - food, all sorts of consumables - he himself came and returned almost everything back to the suppliers, he did not pay. He said: no money. From Piraeus, he drove us to Beirut to take cargo on deck in order to earn extra money. But he found such a load that it could not be put on the deck, on the hatches of the holds. It was heavy road machinery: one car was parked - the hatch cover sagged. They would have put the second - they would have been all in the hold. The steamer is old! In short, I began to refuse. He ran into me, ran into me, they say, strengthen it somehow, I already sent him a photo. But he doesn't care! But we didn't. And he told us to come to Cyprus, to Larnaca. But the ship was arrested by the Lebanese authorities for non-payment of the port dues. I don’t know what amount was in question. In addition, the team found out that he did not pay the previous crew of the ship, and went on strike: we are not going anywhere! In principle, it was possible to persuade the crew to reach Cyprus, but they did not let us out of Beirut. Part of the team was able to leave Lebanon, but they refused to release me, the chief engineer, the third engineer and the boatswain. And we were there for 11 months! We weren't paid a dime. And he didn't even buy food for us. We can say that he left us in a knowingly dangerous situation, doomed us to hunger. The port fed us. it was possible to persuade the crew to reach Cyprus, but they did not let us out of Beirut. Part of the team was able to leave Lebanon, but they refused to release me, the chief engineer, the third engineer and the boatswain. And we were there for 11 months! We weren't paid a dime. And he didn't even buy food for us. We can say that he left us in a knowingly dangerous situation, doomed us to hunger. The port fed us. it was possible to persuade the crew to reach Cyprus, but they did not let us out of Beirut. Part of the team was able to leave Lebanon, but they refused to release me, the chief engineer, the third engineer and the boatswain. And we were there for 11 months! We weren't paid a dime. And he didn't even buy food for us. We can say that he left us in a knowingly dangerous situation, doomed us to hunger. The port fed us.

What country were you at that time?

Russia. In Ukraine, I only had a residence permit.

Did you turn to the Russian authorities for help?

I wrote to Putin every month. He wrote that our condition is worse than that of the prisoners. The prisoner knows when he will be released, but we do not know when we will be released! And will they be released at all! The answer was a formal reply: "Your appeal has been sent to the Foreign Ministry." The consulate told me: "What do you want - that Putin sent special forces, so that you would be freed by force here?" They could hire a lawyer, sue. But they did nothing. As a result, we sold the fuel ourselves and hired a lawyer. He filed a lawsuit against the Lebanese authorities, because they had no right to keep us, even our contracts have already ended. And through the court we were allowed to leave.

According to the laws of Lebanon, a ship cannot be left unattended ...

It's not according to the laws. They simply didn’t want to pay anyone to be watched. And so we lived there and willy-nilly supported its technical condition. We didn't want to drown on it.

Grechushkin did not get in touch?

I went out. But the only thing he did was pay us the way to Odessa when we were allowed to leave.

He already lived in Cyprus at that time?

Yes, he had a residence permit there. He himself is a citizen of Russia, from Khabarovsk. I don't know when he left there. When we returned home, I tried to sue him, because when the employer does not pay wages, it is a criminal offense under Russian law. I filed a lawsuit in the Khabarovsk court. But they did not accept him, they said: "Serve at the place of his location." That is, to Cyprus. Didn't want to get involved.

How much does he owe you?

I personally have 60 thousand dollars. Starmech - 50 thousand, the third mechanic - about 20, the boatswain - about 10. And I know that when he loaded this saltpeter in Batumi, he was given a million dollars for transportation. The previous captain told me so. And suddenly after a month he ran out of money. By the way, the ship itself, if it is scrapped, is 350 thousand. He just decided to leave him, and pocket a million.

And who paid him this million?

And here are the customers from Mozambique. Most interestingly, at first I was not worried. I think that the customers still need the cargo, they will demand it. They will help out the cargo - after all, they only gave a million for transportation. But buyers showed no movement at all!

release.jpg
The action carried out by the crew members, demanding to release them to their homeland

Do you know what happened to the cargo next?

When we had already left, it was unloaded to the warehouse under the responsibility of the Ministry of Transport. I learned about this from the sailors who came to Beirut. As a result, the steamer sank two or three years ago. It had a small hole, it was necessary to periodically pump out water. And if there is no crew, there is no one to do it.

gaterepair.jpg
Gate repair at a warehouse with saltpeter in the port of Beirut

Do you think there is a chance to claim wage debts from Grechushkin?

If they had put him in a pit and kept there until he paid, maybe he would have paid. You know how it is now ... Here is a developer in Sochi - I gave him a million two hundred and fifty thousand for an apartment. No apartment, no money. He was sent to jail, but the money was not returned! And there, in prison, he also died - that's all. To turn to lawyers - I have already turned to them a lot. It's just a waste of time. Yes, and I have no such money now, I am retired.

What do you think about what happened in Beirut?

They themselves are to blame. There was no point in arresting this ship, it was necessary to get rid of it as soon as possible! When asked to release, I had to say: "Go already, nothing from you is needed!" And they began to demand that the debt be returned to them for the port dues - and that's what happened. Well, and the second: ammonium nitrate is a fertilizer, they could be taken to the fields and plowed. If no one asks the cargo, then it is nobody's!

Source: sibreal.org, photo: dumskaya.net, video: hronika.info
[/quote)

I have never seen RVers look into future events so this seems to be a first.
Years ago some reputedly accurate remote viewers looked into the future and saw the airport LAX destroyed at a certain date. When that date came and passed and nothing happened to LAX, they were puzzled.

The future is open. Looking into the future is more like looking into a possible future.

The cosmic trickster that John Keel talked about frequently gave people consecutive accurate visions of the future, only then to provide a spectacularly wrong vision so that they looked like nutjobs instead of prophets.

Translation of the following interview with captain, who allegedly brought the ship with AN to Beirut port, appeared on one of Czech sites and the translator/editor made this intro remark: "This is the first of two articles which present possible explanation of what happened in Beirut. The other article, with completely different explanation, will follow next week. I don't know where the truth is, leaving it to the reader to decide."

Even if the captain is real and the things have happened the way he claims, it surely does not mean he knows the whole story and could be just a pawn in the game. Furthermore, it also smells of throwing the blame in popular direction of Russia. There might be some interesting pieces of puzzle in this article though.

The interview was published on Cyprus butterfly website in Russian original. They offer automatic Google translation to English (which I have used) and Greek.
Interesting interview Anka. They should arrest the mean owner of the ship ( russian Citizen living in Cyprus) Citizen who abandoned his crew, didn’t pay salaries to them or Even port dues that contributed for the ship stranded there in the first place.

Translated: Traductor de Google

By Thierry Meyssan

Israel's "first" prime minister, Benyamin Netanyahu, authorized an attack on a Hezbollah weapons depot with the use of a new weapon, which had been tested 7 months earlier on Syrian soil. It is not known whether the "second" prime minister, Benny Gantz, was consulted before the attack.

The Israeli attack was carried out on Tuesday, August 4, 2020, against a place that Benyamin Netanyahu had designated almost 2 years earlier - September 27, 2018 - during his speech to the UN General Assembly, as a warehouse. of Hezbollah weapons.

It is unknown what the new weapon used consists of. But it is known that Israel had already subjected it to tests, since January 2020, on Syrian soil (see the video at the end of this work). It is a missile equipped with a tactical nuclear component whose explosion causes the "fungus" characteristic of nuclear explosions. Of course, this is not an "atomic bomb" in the strategic sense.

I find this somewhat suspicious, from what I have read and watched those that are experienced remote viewers, it never gives specfice details, just impressions and sensations. This is way too detailed, and of course posted after the event, my impression.

I wouldn’t discount the possibility that it is true what those remote viewers allege to have seen/recorded before the explosion. Remote viewers can in fact be extremely and surprisingly accurate down to small details. My hunch is that what they allege is true.

'Where is color revolution there is humanitarian aid: The Lebanese people deserve to have leaders who will respond (obey) to our demands.'

8 Aug, 2020

Current position of the Mero Star: At the docks of Beirut, sinking to the bottom and presumed a casualty of the blast.
Home Port is Sierra Leone.

Among the injured are Syrian and Egyptian members of the crews of ships that arrived at the port on Tuesday, including one from Ukraine and carrying wheat to Syria.

"We have been waiting for the moment of our return to Syria for six months. We are 13 young men. Seven of us were injured," said one of them.

Another mentions a crack in the hull of his ship, the Mero Star. "The ship sinks. With the explosion there were serious injuries on board."

The ship Mero Star is starting to become a real conundrum.
It is also reported that they were carrying wheat from Ukraine bound for Syria.

" An Egyptian-operated ship was unloading 5,000 tonnes of Ukrainian wheat in Beirut when a powerful blast ripped through the port but the cargo is "in good condition," the shipping company's operations director told Reuters on Wednesday."

No mention of the ship sinking.

Pepe Escobar has a new piece raising a few questions, to which I'll add some more I've been pondering for the last few days. Here's Pepe's: Who Profits from the Beirut Tragedy | The Vineyard of the Saker

He talks about the shady nature of the way the AN got there in the first place. Something doesn't smell right about that story. The questions that have been going through my head: Can we be sure what the chemical composition of the stuff in the bags really was? The label says "Nitro Prill HD", but Google doesn't bring up anything significant for this alleged brand prior to the explosion. (Nitropril - one 'l' - is an Australian brand produced for mine explosions.) Was it a knock-off brand? Was it actually ANFO? Basically, who did the shipper get it from, where was it produced, and who was the intended buyer? Was it intended to be used for IEDs, as Pepe suggests?

Labeling can be variegated by manufacture, for instance, Orica uses Nitropril™ and Dynonobel uses AN Prill The HD would stand for High Density, and there is also low-density (see here):

Product Description

Industrial Grade AMMONIUM NITRATE prills are specifically designed to be used as a solid oxidizer ingredient for explosive compositions such as ANFO, WR ANFO, Heavy ANFO emulsion and watergels. They are small-sized, low-moisture content, non-setting, porous spheres (prills) which are a lower density than agricultural grade AMMONIUM NITRATE used for fertilizer. The particle density of the prills is such that, when liquid fuel is properly applied to and mixed with them, the prills absorb the fuel uniformly which enhances reactivity. AMMONIUM NITRATE is highly soluble in water and does not precipitate with any common chemical. Industrial Grade AMMONIUM NITRATE is available in bulk by railcar or truck.

Application Recommendations

Industrial Grade AMMONIUM NITRATE is used extensively in the mining industry and is intentionally made very porous to allow for the rapid uptake of liquid fuel oil. The prill is coated with a trace amount of waxy anti-caking material to enhance flowability and handling characteristics.
• AMMONIUM NITRATE will decompose into ammonia and nitric acid fumes at 350°F.

If it was an HD Prill, it would then need the additives (fuel/oil - or similar compositions) to bring it to its fuller potential i.e. ANFO. The Prill process makes AN much more stable - see anti-caking and for storage.

Very odd.

I wouldn’t discount the possibility that it is true what those remote viewers allege to have seen/recorded before the explosion. Remote viewers can in fact be extremely and surprisingly accurate down to small details. My hunch is that what they allege is true.

Notice also that at least one Remote Viewer there is pretty clear and detailed about "the fact" that there is some kind of bomb device involved, possibly stored at a warehouse or more specifically inside a ship container or something, while pinpointing the area of the explosion pretty much as it happened. A question to ask is this: If they made it up after the fact, why would they go with the "bomb" theory when the official theory is pretty clearly an accident? Assuming they made it up to attract people to their website/work after the fact wouldn't it be better to fake it with the official story in mind? That they saw a bomb or something is a data point that points to me into the direction that they did in fact record it before the explosion.

Take a look at the sketch of one Remote Viewer:

Unbenannt das.jpg

Here is the satellite image before and after:

beirut-explosion-1.jpg

See below. Now if you imagine yourself standing at the port at ground level (red dot) and viewing in the following direction (red arrow) the actual "crime scene" looks very similar to the sketch. Notice the two buildings very near to the explosion on the left (1 and 2), the one nearest to the water/explosion (1) being smaller than the other one (2). Also notice the form of the buildings pretty much resembling the high grain silo building (2). Also notice where the epicenter/crater is located in the sketch, pretty much (more or less) in accordance with reality (3). Also notice that the epicenter is directly at the center of the smaller building 1 that was completely evaporated (3).

Unbenannt das.jpg

Back to the sketch for comparison:

Unbenannt das.jpg

Here the aftermath more closely from ground level in approximately the same direction as the sketch:

_113839716_silosrtrs976.jpg

And here the same scene from a slightly different angle before the explosion in 2017:

Unbenannt das.jpg

And now the same two last pictures with the viewpoints/buildings and Explosion/Crater drawn in. Again, compare it to the sketch:

Unbenannt das.jpg

Unbenannt das.jpg

Back
Top Bottom