Borax-boron how to detox and heal yourself inexpensively / Arthritis

20 Mule Team Borax® : There is no written ingredient list on the box indicating that the product is 100% borax
I just did a quick Google search and got this as a result. Which one to believe?

EWG.org website
20 Mule Team Borax Natural Laundry Booster & Multi-Purpose Household Cleaner Cleaner Rating
Ingredients from the label
-Borax. SODIUM BORATE.
-Lactose. LACTOSE.
-Sucrose. SUCROSE.
-sodium tetraborate decahydrate. SODIUM BORATE.

And on the official 20 Mule Team Borax® site:
Ingredients.
Borax is a naturally occurring compound that is found in arid regions similar to salt plains in Utah or Nevada. The mineral itself is made up of Sodium, Oxygen and Boron to create Sodium Tetraborate (Na2B4O7 • 10H2O) and is mined in Central and Southern California. The compound is considered a salt and actually shares many chemical properties with average table salt.

20 Mule Team™ simply refines the raw Borax that is mined from the ground and converts it to a powder for your easy use.

Is there a difference between those 2 terms?
sodium tetraborate decahydrate vs Sodium Tetraborate
Sodium tetraborate is a term used for either the anhydrous or hydrated form of the compound with the formula Na2B4O7. The decahydrate (Na2B4O7·10H2O) is also referred to as borax. Borax also occurs without water of hydration and in that form is known as anhydrous borax.

Decahydrate Definition:
decahydrate (plural decahydrates) (chemistry) A hydrate whose solid contains ten molecules of water of crystallization per molecule, or per unit cell.

It would seem that 20 Mule Team™ would be safe except for people with Lactose intolerance (if there is indeed Lactose in it, which would mean it serves as a filler to cut the cost and maximize profits).

So, about month, I have been taking 1/8 TSP Borax every days.
Then I made Borax Shampoo by 1 TBS of Borax and 2cups a water. First time, when I used for this shampoo, I was really surprised by my hair felt so soft and shining.
Another I had problems since last Summer was that the Soles of the my feet looked white-powder, when I scrub, then lots of dead-skin keep coming out but I didn’t felt any pain or sense in the feet. So, one day, I splashed the Borax Shampoo all over my feet then put my socks.
Next morning, when I checked my feet, the sole of my feet looked healthy and pinkish.

As i suggested before, try ebay.

Some sellers have not provided any shipping costs - so you first make contact to the seller and ask for a shipping quote. If the seller agrees, then you can order it.

I saw a couple providers in Germany, and several from Poland as of now, Jan 2024 via ebay.de - but I didn’t check via eBay via other EU countries.

Amazon was/is useless. They do sell boron as trace minerals in minuscule amounts (3 mg) for big money. Ain’t no fool. :whistle:

A kilo of traditional Borax likely lasts for life time.

im finding it quite a challenge to source it here in the eu as well as ok
I bought it last summer in The Netherlands at the online company Bol.com for 15 Euro something. I have yet to try taking borax, but so far I have made laundry detergent with it (recipe with grated soap, bicarbonate of soda, essential oil and water) and with the same solution we mop the tiled floors. Works fantastic.

Also 12% H2O2 (unstabilized) I can still get from one eBay source in Germany - while the rest just sells 3% (for the same price) since the EU put a cap at 3% for H2O2 years ago.
This Dutch supplier still delivers 12% hydrogen peroxide and in a special bottle.
im finding it quite a challenge to source it here in the eu as well as ok
I just bought if from Weldes as Gaby mentioned although I could find a Dutch supplier, but it is still cheaper even if I had to pay 15 euros for shipping!
What do you think about this product? It's only 15$ CAD
Boron Supplement 90 cap
Boron Chelazome
The boron capsules I bought contain only sodium borate:
Borax is a naturally occurring mineral commonly mined from dried salt lakes, and is the source of other manufactured boron compounds. The main deposits are in California and Turkey. Chemical names are sodium tetraborate decahydrate, disodium tetraborate decahydrate, or simply sodium borate.
Don't know about Chelazome.:-/ Hope this helps.

Don't know about Chelazome
Chelazone is a trademark (you see TM on the bottle).
The ingredient listed is : 3mg Boron (Glycinate) Amino Acid Chelate
You can thus conclude that Chelazone refers to Amino Acid Chelate

Google: In the realm of supplements, amino acid chelates are a specific form of nutritive minerals. An amino acid chelated mineral is simply a mineral (like magnesium or iron) that's been molecularly attached to an amino acid.

in this case, Boron (or most likely sodium borate) is the mineral and Glycinate is the amino acid.

Google: glycine is considered a conditionally essential amino acid for humans and other mammals to enhance good growth.

I've heard from a nutritionist that minerals that are chelated are easier to absorb by the body. I don't know if the claim is true.
I've heard from a pharmacist friend that Trophic has really good quality supplements (made in Canada). I don't know if the claim is true but I've been using them and they are fairly priced.
I don't know if it makes a difference whether a person uses borax or this supplement. Maybe someone knows or will find out.

This Dutch supplier still delivers 12% hydrogen peroxide and in a special bottle.

Stabilized

The supplier lists the 12% hydrogen peroxide / H2O2 being stabilized, which means there is an addition of phosphoric acid (?) in it. Of course that doesn't matter if it is for external use. Stabilized versions are pretty easy to come by (even at Amazon etc) in the 12% strength - no problem.

Unstabilized

But for internal/oral use (which in the final solution that ones uses, needs to get diluted down to 0.5 to 1%), only unstabilized H2O2 is recommended. So, I meant earlier that the unstabilized 12% version nowadays is almost impossible to come by these days. Well, except for that one supplier listed on German eBay.

Oh by the way, Gwenllian - I just discovered that the supplier you referred to, also lists Borax Powder (Natriumtetraborat, 1 kg / 7.50 €). That was interesting !

I recently discussed using Boron with my chiropractor because I suddenly began having nodules grow on my finger joints. In addition to to supplements, she suggested that I add borax to my bath. Makes sense as you would absorb it through the skin. I am doing both and in addition, am rubbing castor oil into my hands. i have several of those small roller vials and put the castor oil in those. i keep them in several places around the apartment and rub on the oil often. Hopefully will be able to report some improvement..

thanks kindly everyone- i tried ordering from those companies and all of them wont send to ireland !

i think ive sourced someone here who is selling locally -under the radar
For those of you having trouble finding borax you might find it labeled as something else. In Norway i have found it sold as fertilizer, called granubor 15. And also as a chemical used to weld pieces in blacksmithing. Here it is called flussmiddel, not sure in English, maybe something with flux?? Anyway , if someone go this route, make sure you find additive-free products.

Makes sense as you would absorb it through the skin.
The article says the opposite, so I don't know.
borax is not readily inhaled or absorbed through intact skin

The anti-fungal effect is probably good for the skin anyway. Now I need to locate some borax, so I guess I'll get some 20 Mule.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom