Cancer: causes and cures

Re: Electromagnetic radiation and its effect on the brain

3D Student said:
Thank you for the podcast E, I listened to it yesterday on my way to work.
What is shocking is when Barrie said that you are in essence cooking yourself
in a microwave if you make a call in a car :shock:. It's kind of ironic because I
made a call in my car as I was listening to the podcast, and a few minutes later
he said that. I left my phone in my car instead of carrying it around in my pocket
like usual.

But I'm not sure about this:

dant said:
I seem to recall that it is not enough to turn off
the cell or some devices, as some devices are
still running while the battery is still in place?

snip!

"Active Standby" devices could be remotely accessed, even when turned "off", unless
there is absolutely no power. It would be interesting if there is a "energy storage device"
on the cellphone, much like the separate battery that drives the BIOs.

In any case, there was/is a new development for certain chips that draw power "from there air".
and I think this info was posted on SOTT, I just don't remember where I found it.

Notice that BT did not say anything about "call home pulse" mode when your cell is "turned off"
and I think I recall what the C's said: it is not the transmission but the pulse that is most damaging,
assuming that I got this one correct? The question is, can the pulse be detected on the radio?
I would not rely on a "radio-detector" as a definitive microwave tester when your life is at stake,
no, rather I'd use special testing equipment for that purpose to know for sure.

BT is perhaps being careful what he says? I think so - as revealing the "mil/law"
chip/added-functions are most likely to put one into the slammer?

Also there was a case where the FBI was able to remotely turn on the microphone
of a cellphone for wire-tapping. How was this done exactly? Not only that, what
else... your camera, downloads, uploads and so on? Google for this if you want.
Here is one: _http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/12/can_you_hear_me.html

So, that is why, if it were me, I would completely remove the main power source,
when not in immediate use?

FWIW,
Dan

E said:
3D Student said:
I also didn't understand the part about the radio. I listen to my car radio usually. But aren't radio waves less harmful than microwaves? How does a radio wave turn into a microwave when in a car? :huh:

JCW:

Will car radios have the same effect on you, turning a car into a microwave, if I turn on my car radio? Is that a problem?

BT:
You should never , ever have microwave radiation inside a car, not ever. Never ever.

Yeah, that bit is a little confusing. I think he may have misunderstood the question. We were also wondering about the car radio. Maybe someone who is knowledgeable about these things can shed some light.

Maybe he was referring to satellite radio?

We also have to consider the effects from using a GPS device. I use one for work, otherwise I'd be totally lost as I don't know the city and have to go to people's houses as part of my job. After listening to this I think I'll turn on the GPS to get the turn list directions then shut it off. The thought of riding around all day in a microwave oven makes me :cry:.

Odyssey said:
Maybe he was referring to satellite radio?

We also have to consider the effects from using a GPS device. I use one for work, otherwise I'd be totally lost as I don't know the city and have to go to people's houses as part of my job. After listening to this I think I'll turn on the GPS to get the turn list directions then shut it off. The thought of riding around all day in a microwave oven makes me :cry:.

Oh yeah, satellite radio would actually have a microwave oscillator, but I don't think it actually transmits anything back. The same for GPS devices, which receive microwave signals at about 1.5GHz, I think. Both systems won't actually transmit anything, but they still have the oscillator to demodulate signals that are received. So, they are "less evil" than a cell phone or WiFi which actively transmit, but still not as safe as nothing at all.

Another thing I forgot about cell phones: cell phones in standby will also transmit info back to the towers every now and then even when you are not making a call. So, there is still 2-way communication going on because the cell towers need info back from the cell phone so that they know where the cell phone is, and if it should be "handed off" to a closer cell tower (like if you're driving in a car, for example). Of course, when you are actively talking on the phone, the power level of your little portable microwave transmitter is much higher.

We pretty much know this is true because cell phones will have, say, 24-hours of "standby" time, but only 3 hours of "talk time". So, for this example, the amount of battery juice the cell phone is using is therefore 8 times lower when the phone is on but you are NOT talking on it. However, of that "8 times more power" being used when talking on the phone, not all of it is used just for the microwave transmitter; some of it is used to encode/modulate audio being sent, decode/demodulate received audio, power the speaker, etc. Transmit power also depends on your distance from the cell tower, the quality of the signal, if your hand or something else is blocking the antenna inside the back of your phone, etc.

Satellite radio and GPS devices will never transmit anything back as far as I know - they just receive signals and use them to let you listen to music or to triangulate your position and plot it on a map.

One more thing: It is absolutely true that cordless phones are just as bad if not worse than cell phones. Modern cordless phones usually use the 2.4GHz portion of the spectrum, and they sit there and transmit all the time inside your home, even if you aren't making a call - and even if the handset is on the cradle.

Cell phones usually use 1.8 or 1.9 GHz. The frequency of a microwave oven is actually 2.45 GHz, because this is the frequency that will make the water molecules "vibrate" and heat your food. Granted, a microwave oven uses between 500-1000W power to generate microwave energy and concentrate it into a small, reflective space in order to heat your grub. Bluetooth (2.4 GHz), cordless phones (usually 2.4 GHz or thereabouts), and WiFi (2.4GHz and sometimes 5GHz) use much lower power levels, but that doesn't mean they are magically safe.

Get a regular phone with a long cord! It's not that annoying. The convenience of no wires is not worth the effects of microwaves.

Also, use a WIRED headset if you must use a cell phone, get rid of any Bluetooth nonsense, and use ethernet cables instead of WiFi.

Isn't it curious that the favorite frequency of all these wireless technologies is the same as that of a microwave oven?

Man, they will find a million ways of killing us or ruin our lives! :curse:

We use mobile phones at work. No way to avoid it. The place is bathed microwaves. Along with carpet fumes and pathological management it's no wonder I don't feel good so much of the time. :scared:

I don't use my cell phone much. The nearest cell tower is about 1/4 mile away. But we have two wireless phones in the house. Don't know if wired phones are even available anymore.

Thanks so much for the info.

Mac

Mr. Scott said:
Satellite radio and GPS devices will never transmit anything back as far as I know - they just receive signals and use them to let you listen to music or to triangulate your position and plot it on a map.

Wouldn't a GPS have to send a signal back to give its location, in order to map? Perhaps I don't understand how GPS works, though - I thought it sent a signal to the satellite to say 'here I am' the satellite returned a signal to say 'yep, there you are in reference to the rest of the globe'? How else could phones be tracked by GPS signal if they didn't transmit? I could obviously use some 'technical assistance' on this one.

A regular GPS reciver doesn´t have to send any signals to figure out the position. It need four satelites above the horizon to pinpoint the position.
A ground-level GPS receiver, using pre-programmed data, knows where each satellite is in its orbit. The receiver takes this information and compares it with the time required to receive each satellite’s signals at ground level, to calculate a specific geographic position on Earth.

A GPS receiver can "observe" only those satellites orbiting above the horizon, which normally totals from four to 12. The receiver selects the satellites offering the best "view" to do its calculations. If some satellites become blocked or "shaded" by tall buildings or other major obstacles, the receiver automatically uses alternate satellites to maintain the position fix.

Although a GPS receiver needs at least four satellites to provide a three-dimensional fix (latitude, longitude and altitude), it can maintain a (latitude-longitude) fix using three satellites.
_http://www.hemispheregps.com/About/AboutGPSTechnology/tabid/374/Default.aspx

But a mobil or computer could send this data of to somewhere else if it is connected and got a program running to do this.

Nice discussion, thanks for all the info y'all. Mr. Scott seems to be well informed on this. So radio should be fine, but phones still emit a little radiation when turned on.

I've had my laptop's wireless and bluetooth turned off for a while now. My sister wanted to go wireless internet some months ago and I insisted against it, citing the health effects. But we do have 2.5 Ghz wireless phones, the one in my room has been long dead, fortunately. I don't think I could convince my family to go to corded phones, it would probably not be externally considerate.

Another thing I forgot about cell phones: cell phones in standby will also transmit info back to the towers every now and then even when you are not making a call. So, there is still 2-way communication going on because the cell towers need info back from the cell phone so that they know where the cell phone is, and if it should be "handed off" to a closer cell tower (like if you're driving in a car, for example). Of course, when you are actively talking on the phone, the power level of your little portable microwave transmitter is much higher.

I would also add one more thing , most modern cell phones DOES NOT turn its transcievers off if you turn them off , this is done because of terrorism stuff i think , they want to use so called triangulation on your phone to keep an eye on on it and have it locked all time.
Worse thing is that for example in iPhones you cannot even take battery out of phone :/

Wouldn't a GPS have to send a signal back to give its location, in order to map? Perhaps I don't understand how GPS works, though - I thought it sent a signal to the satellite to say 'here I am' the satellite returned a signal to say 'yep, there you are in reference to the rest of the globe'? How else could phones be tracked by GPS signal if they didn't transmit? I could obviously use some 'technical assistance' on this one.

Nope standard GPS device is only a reciever , GPS as a system works in a broadcast mode , like standard radio. It only recieves information about longtitude and latitude , so no transmitters in it

anart said:

What Arne said! ;)

If a cell phone has GPS, the position data could be sent over the cellular network to alphabet soup agencies.

Although even a normal cell phone can easily be tracked because the cell network must know where the phone is (roughly speaking). If you add fancy software that has access to the cell network, and/or spy satellites into the mix, ANY device that emits ANY radio waves can be used to track you. Theoretically. In fact, now that I think about it, any electronic device will generate small electric and magnetic fields, yes? Right. Except that no 2 devices are exactly the same due to tolerances in components and such. So then, it might even be possible to track a device's more-or-less unique, weak emissions, even if it isn't a cell phone or some other actively transmitting gizmo. Like, say, an MP3 player... All that would be required is a bunch of smart people and a lot of money, and it could probably be done.

And it is true in any case that even emissions from a normal computer (and fancy cell phones these days are literally small computers) can be "read" from a distance if you have the proper toys so that people can see what is on your screen and what you are typing. There was an article on that on SOTT awhile ago, I think.... No wait, that was on my blog: Big Brother Techniques to be Revealed at Black Hat USA 2009? Big Deal! The techniques described there are the tip of the iceberg. The laser technique can be used on a pane of glass on a window, for example, and people can listen in on a conversation inside a house from a distance. That particular "laser mic" gizmo is REALLY old school already!

I always remember the C's quote (can't seem to find it!) about how the capabilities of the bad guys in the movie Enemy of the State were nothing compared to what actually is being used out there. I can very easily see how that could be so!

Arne said:
A regular GPS reciver doesn´t have to send any signals to figure out the position. It need four satelites above the horizon to pinpoint the position.
Thanks Arne!

You don't even need a GPS receiver to track a cell phone. Each cell phone and it's SIM card has a unique number called the IMEI and IMSI respectively and so knowing it's position shouldn't be a problem, isn't it? :huh:

Orange is not exactly on the ball in terms of reliable and easy-to-use DSL modems, unfortunately. But, where there's a will, there's a way!

Thanks Mr. Scott. After fiddling with the box and laptop to the point of getting know where fast, and not letting it drive me to go couko for coco puffs, it would be your last sentece that provided results. I found the will, and the way to take it to friend, whom provided the helped (computer pro). He was able give it a check up, as well as put in the wifi free zone. It all worked out well. And Thanks also E for the push with laminating the continued dangers and the side effects of the wifi signal. I had been wanting to deal with it for a while and now was time. Cheers! ;)

I don't use my cell phone much. The nearest cell tower is about 1/4 mile away. But we have two wireless phones in the house. Don't know if wired phones are even available anymore.

Hey Mack, When I was using a cordless phone in the home, I did a test, and took it for ride in the car expecting the signal to fade once I drove off. I ended up about 2 blocks and realized that it was still reaching the base unit in the house. It was not to long before I converted to a old school land line. Yeah, it wasn't as convenient but it was a lot safer.

I ended up going to www.radioshack.com (or your phone service provider may have an option) for an alternative. I include this article that has similar information (that I found at that time) to the technology and possible repercussion's. Best of luck!
Press Reports on EMF
New Cordless Phones Danger
News of the World, February 5, 2006
by Robbie Collin

Concerned about the EMR from your cordless phone?
Try the scientifically proven EMF radiation shield w/ patented MRET technology

BIOPRO Universal Chip
for cordless phones
Learn more

Cordless handsets 100 times worse than mobiles, say experts.

Having a cordless phone in your house can be 100 times more of a health risk than using a mobile. The popular phones constantly blast out high levels of radiation - even when they are not in use. Landlines are widely thought a safer option than mobiles. But researchers in Sweden now warn cordless phones are far more likely to cause brain tumours than today's mobiles.

Emissions from a cordless phone's charger can be as high as six volts per metre - twice as strong as those found with a 100 metres of mobile masts. Two metres away from the charger the radiation is still as high as 2.5 volts per metre - that's 50 times what scientists regard as a safe level.

Powerful
At a metre away the danger is multiplied 120 times - and it only drops to a safe 0.05 volts per metre when you are 100 metres away from the phone. Because of the way cordless phones work, the charger constantly emits radiation at full strength even when the phone is not in use - and so does the handset when it is off the charger.

The most common cancers caused by such radiation are leukemias. But breast cancer, brain tumours, insomnia, headaches and erratic behaviour in kids have also been linked. Those with chargers close to their beds are subjected to radiation while they sleep.

Phone watchdog Powerwatch, using a testing device called the Sensory Perspective Electrosmog Detector, even found electromagnetic fields as strong as three volts per metre in a bedroom above a room holding a cordless phone.

The group's director, Alasdair Philips said: "As ill-health effects have been found at levels of only 0.06 volts per metre, this is very concerning. It's likely everyone in a house with a cordless phone will be constantly exposed to levels higher than this."

The shock Swedish report - by scientists Lennart Hardell, Michael Carlbery and Kjell Hansson Mild - is backed up by many medical experts who believe cordless phones are a health risk.

Harley Street practitioner Dr David Dowson said: "Having a cordless phone is like having a mobile mast in your house. I'd recommend anyone who has one to switch to a plug-in phone."

But BT's health advisor, John Collins, disagreed. He said: "There's no conclusive scientific evidence linking the radiation to any of the symptoms experienced. The evidence is that it doesn't do us any harm. We're a responsible company and abide by all the guidelines set down by recognised experts."

-------------

Attachments

• landlinephone.jpg
    landlinephone.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 6
  • image[1].jpg
    image[1].jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 6

Mr. Scott said:
Isn't it curious that the favorite frequency of all these wireless technologies is the same as that of a microwave oven?

Supposedly, it is because 2.4 - 2.5 GHz is a ISM radio band and is license-free. However, that still leaves the question why that band was made license-free in the first place and thus making it the favourite band for all sort of devices to transmit in.

Back
Top Bottom