Candida- The Silent Epidemic

aragorn said:
I've had some success removing a yeast rash (don't know if this is the right term) on my leg with a Hulda Clark zapper (home made I might add :) ) I'm wondering if it would be successful to use the "right frequency" e.g. the Candida frequency given by H.C. in her book, or maybe the ones by Rife, with a zapper or other "frequency-device" to kill the overgrowth. Has anyone tried this?

I'm certainly planning to modify my zapper so that I can get the right frequency - it's worth a try i think...

Edit: Oh, just remembered that H.C. did mention that the zapper doesn't reach the gut very well...

I have a zapper, too, and it does not seem to do much. A modification to the H.C. candida frequency will not solve the lack of penetration problem.
Further it was mentioned here that there are 26 strains of candida so we might need more than one frequency for a successful treatment. A possible solution could be a Rife device consisting of a frequency generator with sweep function and a plasma light device. Regrettably this is in the ballpark of USD 1800 and up. Some members of Rife forums are willing to share their devices but one has to find one in one's area first.

Ellipse said:
Here is a french article here : Le cancer est-il provoqué par le champignon Candida Albicans ? (Is cancer cause by Candida Albicans mushroom ?)
http://www.laleva.org/fr/2007/03/le_cancer_est-il_provoque_par_le_champignon_candida_albicans_.html

Site of Dr Simoncini : http://www.curenaturalicancro.org (italian site)

English article : http://candida-international.blogspot.com/2007/03/is-cancer-caused-by-candida-fungus.html

I hope I do not double post.

A proof that 'simple' remedies are always the best?

Dr. Simoncini says to have cured stomach cancer and liver cancer with sodium bicarbonate. At the root of almost every infection there's candida, the fungus you have to keep under control if you want to stop a series of chain reactions that lead to a number of diseases and eventually cancer.

Standard medicine is stuck with the genetic alteration issue that make a healthy cell to go mad and turn 'cancerous'. He says it's a bluff, a hoax. At the root of it all there's a candida infection, and the practical problem is how to reach certain areas of the body where cancer is growing, such as bones and the brain. Using the 'Selective arteriography' technique and catheters can solve the problem.

Reminds me also of the intravenous hydrogen peroxide thing, which is said to help also Multiple Sclerosis cases. So, is it all about killing fungus and germs in the body?

This one looks pretty interesting: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/ They note:

Firstly, everyone's cure will be different, because everyone's body is different.

For some patients a simple dietary change will do, avoiding particular food groups and following new recipes at home. Others will need supplements to their diet, such as garlic or oregano oil.

Alternatively, perhaps a colon cleanse will be best suited to your particular type of Candida.

Either way, take a look at all the sections of our site and choose a combination of techniques that fits well with you and your daily routine. Good luck with finding your own Candida Diet!

This is their foods to avoid list:

Aged cheeses
Holistic practitioners recommend that Candida sufferers dramatically reduce their intake of dairy products. This is because Candida prevents the body from processing fat properly. At the very least dieters should eliminate aged cheeses - a small amount of swiss or mozzarella cheese every once in a while should not hurt.

Additives & Preservatives
If you see something on the list of ingredients that you don't know or can't pronounce, chances are that you should steer clear. One common preservative is Citric Acid, a chemical derived from yeasts and often found in supermarket tomatoes.

Non-organic food like meat or eggs can also contain residual levels of antibiotics and steroids that were used during the farming process. These chemicals can disrupt your friendly bacteria and allow the Candida yeast to flourish.

Alcohol
Alcohol is high in sugar, sugar that can feed the growth of the Candida yeast and put stress on your organs and immune system. Mixing alcohol and Candida is like opening all your windows in a house fire - you don't want to feed the problem. Wine, beer and spirits are all off-limits, but remember these can be reintroduced when the diet starts to work!

Caffeine and Other Stimulants
That's right, its time to cut out that cup of coffee in the mornings. Not only do the sugar and sweetener kickstart your Candida, the caffeine gives it just as much of a boost as it does to you!

Even decaf tea and coffee are to be avoided if possible, as they contain residual levels of caffeine. As for energy drinks like Red Bull, their levels of sugar, caffeine and taurine are so high that no serious Candida dieter should ever go near them.

Chocolate
Often Candida sufferers have sweet cravings, which makes it doubly important to stay off the chocolate! Its not you that needs the chocolate, its the Candida telling you that its hungry. Put your Candida on a starvation diet - don't eat chocolate.

Fruits
While fruit is good for you in so many ways, its high sugar content does you no favors when it comes to Candida. Like other foods to avoid on this page, the sugar helps to feed the growth of Candida.

Avoid fresh, dried and canned fruit. Especially avoid fruits like melon that may contain mould. You should even cut out your morning glass of orange juice while you're fighting Candida.

Glutenous foods
Avoid foods containing Gluten - basically anything made with wheat, rye, oats or barley. Cut out foods like wheat bread, rye bread and pasta. Some people are very sensitive to Glutens, if you're not careful your body will spend all of its time combating these glutenous foods instead of attacking the Candida.

Mushrooms
Mushrooms are fungi, and Candida loves to feed on mould and fungi. Cutting mushrooms out of your diet will help to restrict the infection's growth in your system. Also make sure to avoid truffles, as these are part of the same family.

Nuts
Any nuts that are high in mould, like peanuts, can promote a Candida outbreak. Nuts that were cracked a long time ago, for example sliced almonds, also have time to develop mould. If you like nuts, stick to freshly cracked or whole ones.

Sugars, honeys and syrups
That includes any chemical ending in 'ose', like lactose, sucrose, fructose etc. Sugars feed the growth of your Candida infection. This means stay away from the soft drinks too!

Many people don't realise that sweeteners can also make your Candida worse, as well as keeping your sweet tooth alive and well. You may think that sugar-free diet cola is a safe option on the Candida diet, but the fact is that it can feed your Candida just as much as a really sugary soft drink.

Spices, Curries & Hot foods
Even a mild curry can destroy the friendly bacteria in your gut and allow the Candida yeast to flourish. Try to avoid anything that tastes spicy.

Vinegar
Vinegar is made in a yeast culture, depletes the stomach of acids and can also cause inflammation in your gut. There are reports that one particular vinegar, apple cider vinegar, can be helpful in combating yeast. Other types should be avoided.

Let me say that I have made a chocolate mousse with Stevia that is rather decent so, since they aren't going after chocolate, per se, just the sugar, I think that a bit of chocolate with stevia is okay.

Here is the food to eat list:

Foods to Eat on the Candida Diet

So what's left after you take cheese, alcohol, chocolate and various other foods from your diet? Well the good news is the foods to eat section also contains some delicious items. Remember to check out our recipes page for inspiration!

Vegetables

There are some vegetables that will actually inhibit the growth of Candida. These include raw garlic, onions, cabbage, broccoli, turnip and kale. Keep starchy vegetables like potatoes and yams to a minimum.

You should buy your vegetables fresh and steam them. Add a little garlic for flavor (garlic is also helpful with Candida). Not only do vegetables starve the Candida of its sugar and mold diet, they also absorb fungal poisons and carry them out of your body.

Proteins

As part of your plan to starve the Candida yeast, feel free to eat plenty of high-protein meals. Foods like beef, chicken, fish and eggs are all good for you anyway, but they serve an extra purpose in an Anti-Candida Diet. Almost completely free of sugars and mold, they fill you up while restricting the Candida's appetite and growth.

As you probably know, one excellent high-protein diet is the Atkins Diet. Most Atkins recipes will also work reasonably well in a Candida diet. Other supplements can also help, whey protein being a good example.

Live yogurt cultures

Live yogurt cultures (or probiotics) are a class of supplement that help your gut to repopulate itself with good bacteria. They are especially useful as a course of antibiotics, or when a patient is suffering from Candida. The live bacteria in the yogurt will crowd out the Candida yeast and restore balance to your system.

Good bacteria will also produce antifungal enzymes that can help you fight Candida. Take a look at our probiotics page for more info on good sources for probiotics.

Nuts and seeds

Another high protein option that starves Candida and restricts its growth. Avoid peanuts as they tend to have a higher mold content.

Also consider soaking other nuts in water to remove any mold on the outside (spraying with a diluted grapefruit seed extract solution is even better).

Non-glutenous grains

Wheat and rye are off the menu but there are other grains that you can eat. If you like toast in the morning, try millet bread instead of your usual brand. Rice is OK for a Candida Diet, but get brown rice or preferably wild rice. For cereal at breakfast, try a low-sugar variety with oat bran.

Green algae

Green algae such as Spirulina and Chlorella are some of the most ancient organisms on earth, but they're also some of the most up to date cures for Candida. Scientists have found that they can restore balance to your gut and boost your immune system.

I'll be taking a look at their recipes: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/recipes.htm

More bad news...

Candida Yeast Infection and the Metal Toxicity Connection

http://chetday.com/yeastinfectionmetaltoxicity.htm

The intense existence of harmful chemicals and toxic metals in our environment, in the medicines that we take, in the food that we eat and even in our dental fillings, creates a huge challenge for our body to effectively rid itself from these toxins resulting in a vicious cycle that manifests itself in a variety of symptoms and health problems, among them is candida albicans overgrowth that causes the symptoms of yeast infection to appear.

Chemical and toxic metal build up inside the body can also lead to hormonal imbalance, genetic alterations, immune system misfunction, poor elimination, slower healing process, skin problems, allergies and nerve and brain damage.

The presence of heavy metals in the body (led, silver, mercury) coming from food, the air that we breath, medicines and dental fillings (contain 50% amalgam), create an acidic and anaerobic (lacks oxygen) environment I that encourages candida yeast overgrowth.

When there is toxic metal overload in the intestine, the intestinal lining produces extra mucus to block metals from being absorbed into the blood stream. The problem is that this mucus creates an environment, which lacks oxygen, thus encourages bacteria and fungi like organisms such as candida yeast to grow out of control.

Moreover, candida binds to heavy metals (even in your amalgam fillings) and overgrows as the body performs a desperate attempt to protect itself against heavy metal poisoning.

A deep metal detoxification combined with the gradual removal of amalgam dental filling and replacing them with safer white fillings is one of the most important and fundamentals steps in battling candida yeast infection and restoring the body back into balance.

http://www.modernherbalist.com/heavymetal.html

Yeast overgrowth in bodies challenged by high toxic metal levels, can be understood as the body's desperate attempt to protect itself against the ravaging effects of heavy metal poisoning. In such cases, the heavy metal load on the system must be reduced to free the system of long-term yeast overgrowth. Individuals with high levels of heavy metals are likely to suffer if attempting to clear yeast / fungal overgrowth, before first addressing their elevated heavy metal levels effectively. When yeast is attacked in such cases, the underlying heavy metal toxicity may cause symptoms of considerable unwellness. Such symptoms and signs are most often misinterpreted as yeast die-off reactions.

So, basically you have to detox yourself from heavy metals if you want to win the war against candida. Low-carbohydrate diet and anti-fungals work but doesn't address the heavy metal part. The good news is that oral chelation therapy for heavy metal toxicity seems to be effective.

Laura said:
It's not a quick fix. I don't think there are any quick fixes. Our world is just a toxic place as a consequence of human greed and lack of care for the environment. We just have to figure out ways to cope and survive so that we can be at our best and do our best where we are needed, as long as we are needed.

Laura, thanks! Wow, it's a lot to digest and this program definitely requires a lot of reading, discipline, shopping and planning, but your taking the time to create this plan - with everything you learned along the way - and sharing it with us, helps a lot! I was reading up this section of the the forum (H&W) again today (which i never much entered in the past :-[ since i thought i am healthy enough :zzz: i never considered that my mood/energy problems might have their roots in the physical body) and was getting all confused on how to go about using all this info to clean my body. Was taking notes, which filled few pages, some even contradicted one another (blood type diet, genotype diet, candida diet, detox diet, supplements).

So thank you very much again :flowers: , for this general plan, and of course, each and everyone of us must modify it according to their body and environment.

I am adding my appreciation here to everyone that contributed to and shared this very valuable information! Realizing that most of what sits in my kitchen may be causing harm or exacerbating an already existing inbalance is quite an eye opener. The only actual "diet" I have tried is the low carb diet and I learned that in a sense it requires learning new information and then the patience and willingness to somewhat experiment with the different options one step at a time. Thanks again!

Smaragde said:
Laura said:
It's not a quick fix. I don't think there are any quick fixes. Our world is just a toxic place as a consequence of human greed and lack of care for the environment. We just have to figure out ways to cope and survive so that we can be at our best and do our best where we are needed, as long as we are needed.

Laura, thanks! Wow, it's a lot to digest and this program definitely requires a lot of reading, discipline, shopping and planning, but your taking the time to create this plan - with everything you learned along the way - and sharing it with us, helps a lot! I was reading up this section of the the forum (H&W) again today (which i never much entered in the past :-[ since i thought i am healthy enough :zzz: i never considered that my mood/energy problems might have their roots in the physical body) and was getting all confused on how to go about using all this info to clean my body. Was taking notes, which filled few pages, some even contradicted one another (blood type diet, genotype diet, candida diet, detox diet, supplements).

So thank you very much again :flowers: , for this general plan, and of course, each and everyone of us must modify it according to their body and environment.

Just note that if you can't do anything else, do the morning shake with alpha lipoic acid, glutathione and B complex. If you just add the multi-minerals and extra magnesium, that will go a long way toward detoxing your system. In a month's time, you'll be feeling terrific.

The rest of the program is for those who are just hanging on by a thread or have serious illnesses/issues. That's me, of course, with rather severe auto-immune problems. I can say that, after a month, my pain levels were reduced by more than half, the swelling is gone, and I actually have some good days! The surgery I had in the spring really took me down fast and I was hanging on by a thread. Something had to be done, and this works.

thanks for gathering all this information together in one place. I've been reading a lot of health information over the last few weeks and the amount can be overwhelming and sometimes a little contradictory, so I've been starting simple, trying to compare the common elements from each source, and adding one extra thing at a time :)

There is a product called Mercy Oil which is made from black Cumin seed oil, and contains various vitamins and minerals, so maybe this is useful?

From the label:
Nutritional Information Given in mcg/g (micrograms per gram) for 5ml of Mercy Oil

Vitamin A - 10.08
Vitamin B1 (Thiamin) - 6.8
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) - 3.2
Niacin - 65.8
Vitamin C - 87.2

Calcium - 1.81
Magnesium - 0.38
Molybdenum - 0.18
Iron - 1.726
Zinc - 126.8
Nickel - 0.18
Iodine - 122.0
Potassium - 0.48
Chromium - 2.3
Copper - 21.4
Cobalt - 0.98
Manganese - 2.6
Vanadium - 0.16
Selenium - 48.5

After reading this thread I decided to search for studies about Candida albicans. I was amazed how many studies and papers had been published - I thought that mainstream medicine was in total denial about Candida?

So anyway, reading one study/paper led to another and I think I found something worth mentioning. In other words, I followed one of many aspects and was able to understand a tiny bit of the puzzle. I'd like to share this with you:

In searching for the toxins produced by the Candida albicans I found the following studies by Shah & co from 1991:
Candida infections are major causes of morbidity in compromised human hosts, but our understanding of the virulence of Candida remains incomplete. The possibility that toxic fungal metabolites belonging to the chemical class epipolythiodioxopiperzine (ETP), which are reported to possess immunomodulating and antiphagocytic properties may be produced by Candida species was investigated. [...] Of 50 strains of yeast tested, 32 produced this gliotoxin-like material (Shah & Larsen 1991).

Further study by the same from 1995 and 1998:
Based on the recent finding that C. albicans is able to produce an immunosuppressive mycotoxin, gliotoxin, we analyzed vaginal samples of 3 women severely symptomatic for vaginal candidiasis and found that they contained significant levels of gliotoxin. Three control women who were not colonized with C. albicans showed no gliotoxin in vaginal samples. These findings raise the possibility that gliotoxin may play a role in the virulence of C. albicans (Shah & Larsen 1995).

Candida albicans is known to produce gliotoxin, which has several prominent biological effects, including immunosuppression. Interference with host defenses may arise from the effects of this toxin on leukocyte structure and function. [...] Gliotoxin also affected the ability of PMN to kill Escherichia coli. CONCLUSIONS: This study suggests a previously unrecognized potential virulence factor of C. albicans that could contribute to persistence of yeast colonization or recurrence of symptomatic infection through diminished host resistance (Shah, Jackman & Larsen 1998)

_http://lib.bioinfo.pl/auth:Shah,DT

So what does this gliotoxin do exactly? Many studies about this.
i. Gliotoxin is highly toxic to SH-SY5Y cells and there is a correlation between the toxicity and the cellular redox status.

ii. Gliotoxin reduces the number of neurites, but does not affect the cell bodies morphologically, at non-cytotoxic concentrations.
This indicates that the toxin may induce peripheral axonopathy in vivo.

iii. The intracellular free Ca2+ concentration is increased after exposure to gliotoxin, an effect that is the most ubiquitous feature of
neuronal cell death. Simultaneously, calpains and caspases, proteases known to be involved in neuronal death and axonal degeneration, are activated.

iv. The observed irreversible neurite degenerative effects of gliotoxin are mainly dependent on caspase activation, whereas calpains are involved in the gliotoxin-induced cytotoxicity.

v. Gliotoxin induces a decreased rate of protein synthesis at noncytotoxic concentration, which may contribute to the degeneration
of neurites

(Axelsson 2006, 5)

_www.diva-portal.org/diva/getDocument?urn_nbn_se_su_diva-1312-2__fulltext.pdf

The fungal metabolite gliotoxin shows selective toxicity to cells of the immune system and has been implicated in the aetiology of invasive aspergillosis. [...] Gliotoxin can therefore inhibit alcohol dehydrogenase [* Alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH) is an enzyme discovered in the mid-1960s. In humans and many other animals, they serve to break down alcohols which could otherwise be toxic. Source: _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_dehydrogenase] by either pathway and this will depend on the availability of reducing agents such as glutathione (GSH) and/or how readily the reactive oxygen species generated are removed (Waring, Sjaarda & Lin 1995).

_http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7539267

After 72 h of exposure to gliotoxin, moderate cytotoxicity was induced at 0.1 μmol/L, which was more severe at higher concentrations. A reduction in the number of neurites per cell was also observed. By decreasing the level of intracellular glutathione [*must mean GSSG glutathione disulfide (oxidized glutathione); the GSH pools are replenished by reducing GSSG] with l-buthionine-sulfoxamine (BSO) a specific inhibitor of glutathione synthesis, the cytotoxic effect of gliotoxin was significantly attenuated. The gliotoxin-induced cytotoxicity was also slightly reduced by the antioxidant vitamin C. However, the neurite degenerative effect was not altered by BSO, or by vitamin C. A concentration-dependent increase in the ratio between oxidized and reduced forms of glutathione, as well as the total intracellular glutathione levels, was noted after exposure to gliotoxin (Axelsson, Pikkarainen & Forsby 2006).

*)My interpretation

_http://www.springerlink.com/content/jkn4n5508831w682/

So it seems like glutathione is pretty important (just read the detox program by Laura - yes, there was glutathione included!). Just digging a bit further on this - this is maybe covered elsewhere on the forum:

However, if stress levels in the cell increase, or if other factors limit the reduction of GSSG back to GSH, the GSSG form may accumulate and the thiol redox status of the cell will shift (*read: GSSG = "bad" - GSH = "good"). Thus, the cellular redox status depends on the relative amounts of GSH and GSSG ([GSH]/[GSSG]) and appears to be a critical determinant in cells. The utilization of GSH in different essential cellular functions can lead to depletion of GSH pools that ultimately must be replenished. This is done through two major routes: (i) reduction of GSSG via GSSG reductase, and
(ii) de novo synthesis of GSH (Axelsson Stockholm 2006 , 30-31).

*)My interpretation

_www.diva-portal.org/diva/getDocument?urn_nbn_se_su_diva-1312-2__fulltext.pdf

And from Wikipedia:
[...] Glutathione (GSH) is a tripeptide. It contains an unusual peptide linkage between the amine group of cysteine and the carboxyl group of the glutamate side chain. Glutathione, an antioxidant, protects cells from toxins such as free radicals.

Supplementation of glutahione

Supplementing has been difficult, as research suggests that glutathione taken orally is not well absorbed across the GI tract. In a study of acute oral administration of a very large dose (3 grams) of oral glutathione, Witschi and coworkers found that "it is not possible to increase circulating glutathione to a clinically beneficial extent by the oral administration of a single dose of 3 g of glutathione.". However, tissue and serum glutathione concentrations can be raised by increased intake of the precursor cysteine, or in chronic conditions, by S-Adenosylmethionine (SAMe). Glutathione precursors rich in cysteine include N-acetylcysteine (NAC), and undenatured whey protein , and these supplements have been shown to increase glutathione content within the cell. N-acetylcysteine is a generically available supplement which has been demonstrated to increase intracellular reduced and total glutathione by 92% and 58% respectively. All of the published clinical studies using bioactive whey proteins mentioned in the references above used a form of a bioactive whey protein and bonded cystine dietary supplement derived from lactose-free organic milk (whey protein) called Immunocal. This whey protein is clinically proven to increase glutathione levels within the lymphocytes of the immune system by 35.5% while increasing peak power and muscular performance by 13%

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glutathione

So my conclusion is that the dangers of C. albicans has been prooved in these many studies without a doubt - the most dangerous substance probably being this gliotoxin. The good news is that the effects of gliotoxin can be reduced significantly by glutathione, N-acetylcysteine (NAC) and probably whey. This is just of course one little detail in getting well (getting rid of the Candida) - the best way most likely is the holistic approach, like the detox program by Laura.

Thanks, Aragorn, for some good research excerpts. I am lactose intolerant and whey gives me a number of issues. There are a couple of things I was taking faithfully through the first month detox program: Lactoferrin, Seacure Hydrolyzed Fish Protein, and Seavive which contains bovine colostrum and Beta Glucan. This helped me get around the whey problem. I was able to tolerate the colostrum.

SEACURE® is a pre-digested protein supplement made from white fish fillets. The fish fillet is digested using a marine organism discovered by a South American scientist! This organism digests the protein into protein fragments that are in the dipeptide and tripeptide form. Dipeptides are two amino acids joined together and tripeptides are three amino acids linked together. Studies on human digestion and absorption have revealed that the body absorbs dipeptides and tripeptides much faster than single amino acids! see: _http://www.merc-buyers.com/SEACURE.htm

SEAVIVE contains the highest quality Colostrum (lacttose, casein, and fat-free-D) and
the most bioactive B-1, 3-D glucan available. It is further enhanced with SEACURE
and Vitamin C. SEAVIVE promotes an actively functioning Immune System See: _http://www.flora-source-probiotic.com/SEAVIVE.htm

Lactoferrin antimicrobial activity is due partly to its high affinity for Fe3+ (ferric state). LF proteolysis produces lactoferricin, kaliocin-1 small peptides with antimicrobial activity. The combination of iron and lactoferrin in mucosal secretions modulate the ability and aggregation of pathogenic bacteria, and inhibit both bacteria and viruses by binding to host cells/viral particles. This inhibits the ability of bacteria and viruses to attach to cell membranes. It is also an antifungal agent. See: _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactoferrin

You can also take fruit pectin capsules in the evening to move heavy metals out of the intestines a bit more efficiently.

Laura quoting www.thecandidadiet.com said:
Food to avoid list:
Mushrooms
Mushrooms are fungi, and Candida loves to feed on mould and fungi. Cutting mushrooms out of your diet will help to restrict the infection's growth in your system. Also make sure to avoid truffles, as these are part of the same family.

I happen to have studied mushrooms intensively for 3 years, when trying to start a commercial edible mushroom cultivation. IMO, stating Candida "loves to feed on mould and fungi" is too general a statement to be very accurate when it concerns placing mushrooms and all the other fungi in the same bag. :) There are actually two major kinds of fungi: micro fungi and macro fungi.

Mould and the rest are actually micro fungi, as all other pathogenic fungi. The edible mushrooms we know are all macro fungi. And since micro and macro fungi are "family" and compete for the same "food" but also compete with other micro-organisms , mushrooms (macro fungi) have a lot of antibacterial and antimicrobial substances to secure their survival -which provide a mild alternative to industrial anti-biotics.

For example:
_http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1193547

The Pharmacological Potential of Mushrooms said:
from Introduction:
‘Mushroom’ is not a taxonomic category. The term ‘mushroom’ should be used here according to the definition of Chang and Miles as ‘a macrofungus with a distinctive fruiting body, which can be either hypogeous or epigeous, large enough to be seen with the naked eye and to be picked by hand’ (10). From a taxonomic point of view, mainly basidiomycetes but also some species of ascomycetes belong to mushrooms. Mushrooms constitute at least 14 000 and perhaps as many as 22 000 known species. The number of mushroom species on the earth is estimated to be 140 000, suggesting that only 10% are known.

from Antibacterial and Antifungal Mushrooms:
Mushrooms need antibacterial and antifungal compounds to survive in their natural environment. It is therefore not surprising that antimicrobial compounds with more or less strong activities could be isolated from many mushrooms and that they could be of benefit for human (12). But only compounds from microscopic fungi are on the market as antibiotics till now.

from Summary and Outlook:
The review demonstrates that mushrooms, similar to plants, have a great potential for the production of useful bioactive metabolites and that they are a prolific resource for drugs.

The spectrum of detected pharmacological activities of mushrooms is very broad. Dependent on increasing knowledge about chemistry, biotechnology and molecular biology of mushrooms as well as an improvement of screening methods (high throughput screening, genomics and proteomics), a rapid increase in the application of mushrooms for medicinal purposes can be expected.

According to what i have studied about mushrooms, they have a LOT of medicinal potential. And actually are not "friends" with other fungi and dangerous micro-organisms so it seems that we can benefit from their natural defenses.
I just wanted to make that little note after spending a lot of time reading about these amazing creatures called "mushrooms" which are neither plants nor animals, but somewhere in between.
Thank you! :)

Laura said:
Before Sauna or Gym Work-out

50 – 100 mg niacin
1 capsule digestive enzymes
Multi-mineral (determine dose by strength of product which varies)
2 calcium
High potency Zinc
High potency Magnesium

Hoo-boy. What a regieme! I'm going to get the sauna, but unfortunately, I don't think I can do the niacin. I tried it once and thought I was gonna have to use my epi-pen, I swelled up with hives so bad, I'm afraid to take it again. :shock:

Will make some modifications due to 8-5 work and therefore not being able to sauna in the afternoon. Coffee enemas will be relegated to weekends too for same reason! :P

thanks for putting the "plan" together!! :rockon:

You can take lower doses of niacin. I find it unpleasant myself, but my daughter likes the "flush." Go figure.

Shar said:
Laura said:
Before Sauna or Gym Work-out

50 – 100 mg niacin
1 capsule digestive enzymes
Multi-mineral (determine dose by strength of product which varies)
2 calcium
High potency Zinc
High potency Magnesium

Hoo-boy. What a regieme! I'm going to get the sauna, but unfortunately, I don't think I can do the niacin. I tried it once and thought I was gonna have to use my epi-pen, I swelled up with hives so bad, I'm afraid to take it again. :shock:

Will make some modifications due to 8-5 work and therefore not being able to sauna in the afternoon. Coffee enemas will be relegated to weekends too for same reason! :P

thanks for putting the "plan" together!! :rockon:

Ginkgo Biloba is also a vasodilator so perhaps you could use that in place of niacin.

Laura said:
You can take lower doses of niacin. I find it unpleasant myself, but my daughter likes the "flush." Go figure.

Well I definitely don't like the "flush." It makes my psoriasis itch like crazy!

Back
Top Bottom