Caricature of Love

I just finished this book and I must say that it was one of the hardest reads I've done so far. I just wanted to put it away and never look at it again while reading most of it. The filth and debasement of women he describes triggered in me a strong revulsion and sometimes even made me feel sick.

Cleckley illustrates clearly how the degrading of women and the degrading of love even has been promulgated in our society via literature and Freud and all his followers. It's a damn shame things have gone this way, and that those psychopaths were allowed to publish all this sh*t. Though I've never read any of the authors he mentions, I can see how these sometimes very influential characters have shaped the view of sexuality in our western world. Perhaps in the USA these effects on society were even stronger, I don't know. It's different here in the Netherlands for sure. Maybe somehow I was lucky and my upbringing wasn't influenced that much by it.

I didn't find the last two chapters any consolation though, he basically states that there's nothing to say about true love because we all interpret differently.

Yes, it is a hard read. "Revulsion" is the same thing I felt.

I would suggest "The Education of Julius Caesar" by Arthur D. Kahn next.

Mechanic said:
I just finished this book and I must say that it was one of the hardest reads I've done so far. I just wanted to put it away and never look at it again while reading most of it. The filth and debasement of women he describes triggered in me a strong revulsion and sometimes even made me feel sick.

I had similar reactions - had to put it down for a little while as it was indigestible in the state I was in but will be returning to it. Whenever I read about psychopathy, I get to thinking how I sound like a sub-criminal Authoritarian follower type of sorts.

It's an area I feel my understanding is weak no matter how much I read, or it just makes my stomach churn; better understood over discussion... there's few willing to discuss the matter to the depth addressed in the book but there's the forum.
Cleckley's work is very concise I should add.

Laura said:
Yes, it is a hard read. "Revulsion" is the same thing I felt.

I would suggest "The Education of Julius Caesar" by Arthur D. Kahn next.

I'll save this little number for when I finish Caricature of Love.

I'm finally ready for this book. It will be interesting to observe my own emotional reactions while reading it!
I'm happy and thankful for finding available link for PDF here. :flowers:

Laura said:
NOTE: These posts are split from another topic in where the nature of personal sexual predation was being discussed. I had mentioned that the poster (and those commenting) should read Cleckley's "Caricature of Love" which is no longer available except in very pricey old copies. To help out, the book was scanned and uploaded and from this point, the discussion was devoted to it and deserves to be available to a wider audience so it has been moved to a public area of the forum. This thread begins with the announcement that the book is now available.

AI has fixed up the book for ya'll:

Here's a link to the PDF for Caricature of Love. I couldn't get it smaller than 25 mb, so if someone can do so, please go ahead. Also, it's on mediafire, so if someone can upload it to a more stable place, that'd be cool too!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tilkz1s2zfnlsaa/Caricature%20of%20Love_C.pdf

I HIGHLY recommend that everyone read this book not for the issues of homosexuality, but for the historical review of how women have been degraded. The only homosexuals Cleckley had to study were those who were psychiatric patients. What he was really seeing, and probably didn't realize, was the sexual attitude of the psychopath and how it has completely ponerized society and the relations between men and women. VERY important work.

Thank you, Laura, for doing this for us!

Are any of the recommended books to read on narcissism available this way or through other means? As I have been reading the threads related to NPD, I have found that I have sadly been raised by a parent who was one and a very destructive one, too. I ask because I have no means ($) to buy at this point and have only found and been able to read Trapped in the Mirror by Elan Golomb.

I was 'led' to this thread following some interesting research on Karezza. What can I say - I don't want to be here now? :cry:

but thank you all, and the trixter who sent me here grrrrr... :lol: I have successfully downloaded the .pdf version and will start ASAP.

Obviously I shall have to reset my devices :cool2: to read this one accurately. Already I have learned to hate and watch for my conditioning, but this specifically male aspect to the ponerological problem must be digested stat! :-[

It seems my learning path is taking me unexpectedly into a horridly revealing tunnel of 'Love', in the Grail sense - which leads me to wonder if those side-show "tunnels of love' have a shamanistic origin, just like as I believe does Karezza?

Laugh, already my mind wishes to escape this "Charicture of Love" session. I shall report back hopefully.

Glug, glug :huh:

For those of you printing your e-book version - back yard perfect binding A4 single sided print-outs with thin card cover works really well for me, in terms of expense, as I have a mono sided printer. Perfect binding is simple to do with a couple of clamps and some PVA glue. And hey! there are plenty of blank backsides for notes.

I am up to chapter chapter 10 now and I am finding it very interesting to say the least – though requiring much thinking with a 'Hammer'. This subject of sexual perversion for me has become hopelessly enmeshed with the concept of Karezza, like two sides of a coin. This will be apparent in my post.

It has been mentioned before how close Cleckley came to the concept of Ponerology and I wonder if he sensed that the “concepts and hypotheses that promote confusion in the world” which he discovered were in any way orchestrated or followed patterns over time.

His take on sexual perversions is heavily shaped by his own cultural programming, but I find the detailed content of his writing reveals much that I am better off knowing, in spite of the implications for my own pathological thought processes and confidence. I thank Infinite Potential for containing the possibility that I may trnsmute this pathology woven into my being.

“Almost uniformly, homosexual patients I personally have studied have shown indications of promiscuity that in a mature heterosexual person could only be called distinctly pathologic.” Hervey Cleckley

I don't know about this. For a start, his idea of promiscuity is cultural, and our culture is pathological. To me this is another of those mirrors of Truth – like normal sex and the “Law of One” where the image we have been told to see is in reverse of what is actually life-giving and creative. For me, the jury is out until I see so-called promiscuity in the context of a healthy sexuality within a non-ponerised community. I am mindful of the Oneida community experiment as per John Humphrey Noyes here. My reluctance to accept Cleckley's view in this instance is based on the fact that I worked alongside homosexuals of both sexes in my professional life. Almost to an individual, these people were kind, considerate, fun-loving and loyal. In my observation, they were no more promiscuous and persuasive than the heterosexuals in the same teams. In fact, one or two of the alleged heterosexuals were locked up for impropriety. There is more to homosexuality than dear Harvey Cleckley was able to see.

One needs to keep in mind that the modern practise of Karezza also occurs in a psycho-pathological milieu, and is therefore open to corruption if psychopathy at any level is allowed to go unnoticed or addressed. Perhaps that is why the Oneida experiment failed to thrive (not to mention STD's).

See Re: Caricature of Love: http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,21284.msg210315.html#msg210315 for a good run-down on Karezza (thank you so much Aproaching Infinity).

But as I continued to read Cleckley's moralising on homosexuals, suddenly I understood the perfect sense in the words Gay and Lesbian, as a replacement for homosexual. Perhaps the use of these words arose out of a need to differentiate the sexes in homosexual unions for clearer communication. Perhaps they were inserted into our language to obscure the more useful knowledge of psychopathy; but the labels sure helps me to differentiate between psychopathy driven homosexuality on the one hand and on the other, the same-sex union of ordinary humans with the very real potential to connect with their spiritual nature through the Karezza manoeuvre, which possibility yet remains unknown to my understanding – lack of data.

Specifically, does the human couplet in the bio-electric dipole antenna configuration of the Karezza manoeuvre require an actual penis and vagina to create the hyper-dimensional connection? The Dipole must have equal opposite charges. Personally, from a natural world-view, I think this is probably the case. If so, where does that leave homosexuality in any form? How thick this soup.

In my own line of questioning, while recognising homosexuality in normal humans as a probable circumstantial anomaly, I also explore the question of whether there is a place for homosexuality amongst a spiritually normalised human population post Transition. This is really just an intellectual exercise for the purposes of deepening understanding, so I don't expect an answer just yet.

But stated clearly, I would like to know if the Karezza Manoeuvre during a homosexual union, sets up my theorised dipolic bio-electric antenna, which then enables the participants to access 4th or 6th density consciousness as it appears to do in heterosexuals. As I currently view homosexuality as a kind of 'contraction' into sameness which is equivalent to non-Being, I cannot see how homosexual unions could be regarded as anything less than an anomaly or a specific lesson to those effected – or some form of balance the Universe needs to establish in situ.

And also, I am unsure if Karezza even if performed appropriately, could not allow direct contact with STS forms of stalking and manipulation. Which implies that Karezza of itself may not be enough. A supercharged sexual conduit may work for STO or STS. Mmmm, I don't think there would be much negative energy to be consumed, but the state of mind in the participants just may open them to external suggestions. This the STS could use to set up a 'fall'.

The next item that takes my interest in terms of Karezza in “The Caricature of Love” is on page 23 and I quote:

“Nothing they do sexually [pathological homosexuals]seems to afford them real satisfaction, so they keep on seeking new and stranger activities. Though a kind of admiration or affection may accompany or prompt their sexual overtures, such feelings usually sour eventually into scorn or distaste for the object of desire. Moreover, in the biologically artificial situation they usually demand additional artificiality, often wanting the partner, although their impulses demand that he must be a male, to dress in woman's clothes.”.

In the above, I think Cleckley is describing a condition also known to heterosexuals and called “The Passion Cycle”. The passion cycle is all about levels of neurochemicals that change within us on sexual satiation. This cycle, now explained by neuroscience, is the crux of why fertilisation and goal-oriented sex causes love to turn into hate and intimacy into horror and this is exacerbated within the context of a pathological social belief system.

I'd like to state very clearly my current opinion about homosexuality and other so called perversions. We do not live in a healthy world, not physically nor psychically, and certainly not spiritually. When our very best minds view the world, they see through limitation and conditioned cognition. On one side of these clever people we have well meaning men and women. On the other, cunning and aggressively greedy anti-Feminine psychopaths of every variety who are 'masked' as normal, preventing easy recognition.

But the terror of the situation here and now, is basically the classic Pot calling the Kettle black. Neither side in their wishful and narcissistic thinking, can see a healthy, workable example to be able to say what or what is not of benefit to humans – actually the psychopath doesn't care about this as long as its feeding is not interrupted.

This nutty situation is replicated in the anti-smoking campaign and its legislation, where no one mentions the air pollution or the radioactive fall-out from the 2500 odd nuclear explosions these psychopaths have played with since the 1940's, which just happen to cause lung, skin and other cancers I kid you not. Again, the health industry, with any number of modern diseases where big pharma only funds researchers not making a correlation with our global change in diet. Take cannabis as another example. Cannabis was mankind's friend for millennia, needing no petro-chemicals to grow and being naturally pest resistant. But this has been replaced with with the disease prone, pest-ridden, petro-chemically fertilised mono-crop called cotton. Neither side, humans nor psychopaths can see HEALTY in order to compare it with anything else. The blind leads the blind and very few think to just not follow, to learn for oneself the dimensions of one's reality using the senses one already possesses, and then sharing that information with others near you in a network of minds. - heads up to Laura - Thanks.

No wonder we have to Work so bloody hard and persistently to obtain real spiritual growth. No wonder then, that the genuine Way's of Ascension have been distorted, lost and turned into inverted versions, caricatures of themselves.

To me, it has become so simple. I think Karezza is an integral part of The Way's teachings. Our ancestors knew it and time and time again, those bloody psychopaths suppressed it where they could. We let our guard down of course, but there were many distractions. But still, no excuses here. We are owned, and our emotions are deliberately manipulated to provide nutrition to entropic forces manipulating human bodies - Us. That is just the way it is, and that is why all 'normal' sex is pathological.

I'll continue reading and hopefully post a relevant comment later.

Tumble said:
For a start, his idea of promiscuity is cultural, and our culture is pathological. To me this is another of those mirrors of Truth – like normal sex and the “Law of One” where the image we have been told to see is in reverse of what is actually life-giving and creative. For me, the jury is out until I see so-called promiscuity in the context of a healthy sexuality within a non-ponerised community. I am mindful of the Oneida community experiment as per John Humphrey Noyes here. My reluctance to accept Cleckley's view in this instance is based on the fact that I worked alongside homosexuals of both sexes in my professional life. Almost to an individual, these people were kind, considerate, fun-loving and loyal. In my observation, they were no more promiscuous and persuasive than the heterosexuals in the same teams. In fact, one or two of the alleged heterosexuals were locked up for impropriety. There is more to homosexuality than dear Harvey Cleckley was able to see.

I see it slightly differently. Our culture is pathological, and the rampant promiscuity is also pathological. You could just as easily say that Cleckley's view on murder is 'cultural'. Just because something is cultural, doesn't mean it is pathological. That said, even if there exists a non-pathological form of promiscuity, I still don't think that would get us off the hook. The quality of our promiscuity is pathological. As for groups you mention above, are you saying that the homosexuals weren't that promiscuous, or that the heterosexuals were just as promiscuous? I think that's an important distinction. It might show that things have simply gotten worse since Cleckley's time. (I'd say they have. Nowadays, it's 'normal' to be promiscuous.)

I'd like to state very clearly my current opinion about homosexuality and other so called perversions. We do not live in a healthy world, not physically nor psychically, and certainly not spiritually.

If I'm understanding you correctly, what makes you think homosexuality has anything to do with spirituality? It's a totally natural phenomenon in the animal kingdom. On the other hand, you don't see in other animals the type of paraphilias found in humans (to my knowledge).

Tumble said:
But stated clearly, I would like to know if the Karezza Manoeuvre during a homosexual union, sets up my theorised dipolic bio-electric antenna, which then enables the participants to access 4th or 6th density consciousness as it appears to do in heterosexuals.

Hi Tumble. Why do you think that Karezza establishes some sort of connection to higher densities? My understanding is that it can promote a longer-lasting emotional bond, but I doubt it will result in any form of 'ascension', except in the sense that a stronger couple will grow faster and better.

I'm having trouble opening this file.
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,21284.msg435971.html#msg435971

Does anyone have a different link?

Anthony said:
I'm having trouble opening this file.
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,21284.msg435971.html#msg435971

Does anyone have a different link?
Did you try any of the one's at the link below? The first one downloaded and opened.

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,21284.msg214808.html#msg214808

Yes, that one works fine, thank you, I didn't notice that
there was another link.

Perhaps one of the moderators should change the download link
provided in the Recommended Books List.

7.2. The Caricature of Love
The Caricature of Love (thread) discusses distortions or "caricatures" of love and sexuality. Though written without the knowledge of ponerology (#5.3), it shows the mindset and influence of pathological characters. The thread provides some much-needed context and describes the significance of this book. This post links to a free PDF download.

Thank you for uploading this book it will be the next on my reading list,i heard about the book but kept ignoring it even if i knew that it's an important piece of work, i decided to read this book as soon as possible because of an article that I've read recently, a couples of week ago I've read an article about that the psychologists have found that most of women who have read the new bestseller 50 shades of grey trilogy may have suffered abuse or are more prone to suffer/tolerate abuse or to be more prone to tolerate promiscuity,an abusive partner etc. in a relationship( the link to the article :Danger of normalizing and glorifying psychopathic perception of reality: Reading 'Fifty Shades' linked to unhealthy behaviors ).

Back
Top Bottom