Cassiopaean sessions

Re: Hello Cassiopaea

ark said:
From "The Big U" by Neal Stephenson

"Ephraim had been talking the entire way. "So if you were the religious type, you know, you could say that the right side of the brain is the 'spiritual' side, the part that comes into contact with spiritual influences or God or whatever-- it has a dimension that protrudes into the spiritual plane, if you want to look at it that way-- while the left half is monistic and nonspiritual and mechanical. We conscious unicamerals accept the spiritual information coming in from the right side mixed in subtly with the natural inputs. But a bicameral person would receive that information in the form of a voice from nowhere which spoke with great authority. Now, that doesn't contradict the biblical accounts of the prophets-- it merely gives us a new basis for their interpretation by suggesting that their communication with the Deity was done subconsciously by a particular hemisphere of the brain."

Laura said:
Problem is, catastrophism makes a monkey of evolution...

I got it. Sometimes, the best answers are the ones you realize as opposed to being taken by the hand.
The work I referred to is only as important or useful if 'a new basis for their interpretation' is ALL you're looking for.
Laura is trying to pinpoint something specific and no work that concerns 'something evolving over time' can be useful if catastrophism isn't taken into consideration.

Laura said:
Problem is, catastrophism makes a monkey of evolution. It's not survival of the fittest, but survival of the lucky.

Perhaps those just take place at different times? First the lucky survive, and than they get to evolve for a while before the next catastrophe?

Laura said:
Problem is, catastrophism makes a monkey of evolution. It's not survival of the fittest, but survival of the lucky.

or, interpreting the Noah myth in a certain way: survival of whomsoever are chosen to be 'tipped off' by higher forces.
It still confounds standard evolution theory though.

I'm sure I heard about some studies that suggest a kind of 'punctuated' evolution, whereby the bodies cells or DNA structure (?) 'save up' an ability to mutate, over many generations, and then at periodic times of great stress (which catastrophism suggests) the rate of mutation is much higher (as these savings are 'spent') - this is at a physical level, but is an interesting (if loose) echo of 'spiritual evolution' which seems to require the crucible of conscious suffering. The suggestion being that things only change when the heat is on.

Nomad said:
Laura said:

or, interpreting the Noah myth in a certain way: survival of whomsoever are chosen to be 'tipped off' by higher forces.
It still confounds standard evolution theory though.

I'm sure I heard about some studies that suggest a kind of 'punctuated' evolution, whereby the bodies cells or DNA structure (?) 'save up' an ability to mutate, over many generations, and then at periodic times of great stress (which catastrophism suggests) the rate of mutation is much higher (as these savings are 'spent') - this is at a physical level, but is an interesting (if loose) echo of 'spiritual evolution' which seems to require the crucible of conscious suffering. The suggestion being that things only change when the heat is on.

When circumstances create the greatest stress, very interesting! If the lower emotional pathways have been properly brought under control to serve as energy controlled, rather than run amok, then times of great stress would provide tremendous energy for... Who knows? Some sort of quantum leap? Genetic activation?
Transducer of "cosmic" energy? :D

In essence, the necessary energy to free ourselves from "mass hypnosis!" Something to hope for. :)

Re: Cassiopaean transcripts beyond 020928

I've had the exact same question and am interested in knowing the answer, but that thread that was linked seems to have been deleted. Any way I could get a working link to it, or the gist of the explanation from soneone who has read it?

Re: Cassiopaean transcripts beyond 020928

twiggles said:
I've had the exact same question and am interested in knowing the answer, but that thread that was linked seems to have been deleted. Any way I could get a working link to it, or the gist of the explanation from soneone who has read it?

Here is a link that seems to work :
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=9420.0

Re: Is Laura Knight-Jadczyk still communicating with the Cassiopaeans?

Data said:
Hello Spi!

In this thread, http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=2007, you may find an answer to your question.

Welcome to the forum!

This link shows an error that the file is missing or I do not have access? Is there a glitch on my end or has the thread that has the answer to why the sessions stopped for awhile been moved?

Re: Is Laura Knight-Jadczyk still communicating with the Cassiopaeans?

April said:
Data said:
Hello Spi!

In this thread, http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=2007, you may find an answer to your question.

Welcome to the forum!

This link shows an error that the file is missing or I do not have access? Is there a glitch on my end or has the thread that has the answer to why the sessions stopped for awhile been moved?

Probably the thread has been moved.

Maybe, it was this one:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=5614.0

However, here's a new session:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=9609.0

Casschat and Transcripts?

In reading the forum messages, I have noted that many people readily pull quotes from the C's transcripts to post when helping out. This leads me to believe that there is somewhere that they are together and can be referenced. In searching I found the following old post:

Cassiopaea Forum » Esoterica » The Cassiopaean Experiment

henry said:
Hi Arena,

You can find the transcripts at casschat in the files section.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/casschat

You'll have to sign up and become a member of casschat to download the transcripts.

Henry

However, when I clicked that linked it says the group has "Move to" and then blank. I was hoping to find / download the full transcripts with contextual commentary as in "The Wave", et. al. but it seems that the Casschat group has moved or isn't active.

Given the above, would someone point me to a location for the transcripts (or correct me if there is none).

Secondly, does anyone know how the Casschat group related to these forums? Is there more to read and learn there or has it shut down?

Thanks.

Re: Casschat and Transcripts?

Hi Mr Gullible,

A link to the transcripts can be found in this post.
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=4432.msg29920#msg29920

and yes, casschat is "closed". People participating in casschat were invited to come to this forum for further discussion. :D happy reading

Megapode said:
Hi Mr Gullible,

A link to the transcripts can be found in this post.
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=4432.msg29920#msg29920

The search function at this linked page doesn't seem to work any longer. Also, the links on that page for downloading or purchasing the transcripts do not work any longer either.

Is there another web page that enables me to search the transcripts as a whole (vs. individual sessions)?
Also, are the transcripts available for purchase via download or CD?

Thanks

Hi JGeropoulas,

If you join casschat - http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/casschat/ then you can download a file called sessions.exe which will allow you to search the sessions up to 2002.

edit - oops just learned that casschat is closed. I am not sure if you can still join but I still have access to the file.

I'd just like to add a reminder of the standard caveat that the Cassiopaean Transcripts should NOT be read in isolation, but in conjunction with The Wave series which provides the essential context. I'm sure you know that, but this is for the benefit of anyone else who might come across this thread.

Masamune said:
Hi JGeropoulas,

If you join casschat - http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/casschat/ then you can download a file called sessions.exe which will allow you to search the sessions up to 2002.

edit - oops just learned that casschat is closed. I am not sure if you can still join but I still have access to the file.

Yeah, I had joined casschat awhile back and learned about the session.exe file, but never got to download it before the site closed.
So, if you're offering, I would very much appreciate obtaining a copy of that file, however that might be done and for whatever costs necessary.

What I had been doing for months was tendiously cutting and pasting individual transcript sessions from the SOTT site. I had gotten about a third compiled into a Word document which was searchable. It's was a great tool--which I lost when my PC crashed recently.

I do agree with Nomad comments following your post. Without doubt, reading Laura's articles and books are the most productive way to learn from the transcripts. The only "problem" I had with that approach is that it was nearly impossible to stop reading! It was as if I were starving and had come upon a cosmic cafeteria serving the most exotic variety of delicious, nourishing truth--perfectly prepared and cooked to perfection. Uuumm. I voraciously devoured every article listed in the Site Index--and then had all her books for dessert!

The primary reason I want a comprehensive, searchable file of the sessions is to enable me to quickly find references for the C's material cited in my posts here on the forum.

Let me know about the exe file.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom