Chemical Plant explosions and fires

Throwing in few technical terms from my area of expertise. MRO (maintenance, repair and operations) and MTBF (mean time between failure) is now literally run to failure. People who have no business in their 'jobs' are there because of DEI. Not because they are the best at what they do.

What is causing trains to blow up, metal plants to explode and people to die? Incompetence. Laziness. Lack of capability or accountability. Not spending money to fix stuff. Not knowing that you have to spend money to fix stuff. Pedal to the metal. That gauge is in the red? Hey, isn't a needle in the red a fashion style thing?

So we can expect more of this. No need to make it a conspiracy when simple incompetence and laziness will do.
I think you are right. This is probably a big factor in all of these situations. Society is disintegrating from a drop in standards in all areas of life, education, work ethic, pride in one's work .... Then you have a generation+ conditioned to stare at smartphones, splitting their attention from what should be done at any given moment.

But I still can not get my head around the decision made in East Palestine.
I have two possibilities in mind,
1) Gross negligence and incompetence
2) Willful desire to pollute large areas of the country for what ever reasons

I don't see much in the middle. From the images/videos I saw, the chemicals seemed to say at the bottom of the streams. Why didn't they bring in bulldozers and made temporary earth dams every X hundreds of feet and used these pools to collect what flows out. Then collect what's in there with pumps thus catching as much of the chemicals as possible, so that less would go further down stream ???

I don't get it.:-O

Fire at Y-12 contained; no injuries, contaminations reported
OAK RIDGE, Tenn. (AP) — A fire that broke out Wednesday at the Y-12 National Security Complex in a building where uranium is processed has been contained, officials said.

The fire at the facility in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, was reported shortly after 9 a.m. in production building 9212, said Steven Wyatt, spokesperson for the National Nuclear Security Administration. The building is a uranium processing site, news outlets reported. Air monitors did not go off, which means there was no release of radioactive material, officials said.

About 200 employees were evacuated from the building where the fire occurred, and officials say there were no injuries or contaminations reported.
Operations have returned to normal, though officials said they are still trying to determine how the fire started.

Another hit for the Cs? It doesn't seem bad but maybe it is the start of something worse? I immediately thought of the March 1st 1997 session when I heard about the fire at Oak Ridge.

A: We see distinct possibility of major nuclear accident at Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
Q: (T) What's that got to do with Gulf Breeze? (J) I don't know. (L) They weren't talking about Gulf Breeze... (T) I guess not! Thanks, I feel really wanted now! (L) OK a major nuclear accident in Tennessee. I know that this is a really, really unacceptable question, but do we have a, in terms of 'photon belts' being fields of probability, do we have a time frame for this? Somewhere in there?
A: Near.
Q: (T) About the same time as the Gulf Breeze conference, this month? (L) Maybe that's what triggered it...
A: Possibly.
Q: (L) Anybody know anybody in Oak Ridge? I don't.
A: Radioactive fallout over East Tennessee and Western North Carolina and Virginia.
Q: (T) Yes, we know people in Western North Carolina... (L) Yes, we do. In Waynesville. (L) Where is Oak Ridge? (T) Near Knoxville, close to the Tennessee/North Carolina border, probably not more than 50 miles from the border. By Knoxville. (F) There is a breeder reactor right there... (J) That's where the whole dang thing started. (T) What kind of accident is this going to be? Is this going to be a big explosion, a fire? Is it going to be like Chernobyl, or is somebody going to accidentally release radiation into the air?
A: First of all, it is possible, not definite. Second, if it happens, it will be bad!!

Last edited:
A: First of all, it is possible, not definite. Second, if it happens, it will be bad!!
I saw this news today and looked at the Windy for the air currents. They were kind of wrapping around the east of Tennessee. Aren't there Radiation and air particulate monitor websites, supposing they're still active? I went to EPA Radnet and it says there is a delay due to server upgrades, heh. I guess we'll have to wait and see if this one was mitigated, and if as they say there was no (or minimal) release. 😬

Chemical derailment, chemical plants, chemical metal alloy plants, metal manufacturing plants = job loss, domino effect on anything that is manufactured with chemicals and metals = practically everything we have from automobiles to products for the home and life, to house building, and so on....
And not to forget the fall out of those disasters will also affect the health of nearby populations and wildlife. Talk about extinction!

And of course, all those food processing plants that went up in smoke in so many areas of the country!
Gosh, if this goes on, unbelievable shortage and supply chain will be so affected that people will cry out..... Good grief! No kidding!

Little one from Australia..

Workers near a chemical plant in Sydney's south were evacuated over fears a cooling tower could collapse and cause a "significant fire and explosion".

Emergency crews worked to prevent the tower from falling on a supply of highly-flammable hydrogen gas stored next to the plant on Denison Street, Banksmeadow.

Fire and Rescue NSW said the tanks had been safely moved just before 4pm.

Firefighters were called to the scene about 6:15am this morning and found flames spouting 50 metres above the exhaust stack.

Staff began an emergency shutdown of the plant and conducted a controlled burn to stop the flow of gas within the stack.

But firefighters returned to the site just after 9am when informed the tower could collapse due to "structural integrity issues", Superintendent Adam Dewberry said.

He said there were several hydrogen tanks located next door, which could have exploded if impacted.

"If the tower did collapse on these hydrogen tanks we could be talking about a significant fire and explosion ... in the area."

A failure of a water pipe in the facility is believed to have caused damage to the wooden structure surrounding the cooling tower.

As a precautionary measure, an evacuation order was issued for people and local traffic within 800m of the tower.

NSW Police, NSW Ambulance paramedics and firefighters remained on the scene into the afternoon.

Drones and lasers are being used to monitor any movement on the tower.

Superintendent Dewberry said the situation had been "stable" but progress was moving slowly.

Back
Top Bottom