Cherie

I'm really sorry to hear about your all loss. As you wrote, she was such a sweeeeet girl and always loved to play catch ball, that's how I remember her. May she rest in peace, and she had a wonderful life with you all.

cherie.jpg

So sorry for your loss!! What a beautiful girl Cherie is! Losing a precious cat or dog is like losing a family member, but there is comfort that one day we can embrace them again. Big hug for you all!! :hug: :hug2:

Perhaps if we had not looked at time in this linear way, we would not have been suffering so cruelly because of the losses? But how to do this? How to restore any moment? How can we get it all back? I intend to devote my life to that. And get this life again.

She was such a beautiful Sheltie. I've always loved that breed but never had the pleasure of having one. I know you'll surely miss her. I lost my beloved Maine Coon who died when 13. Like Cherie, he was special, completely entertaining and a wonderful companion, so I still miss him after 7 years, but am comforted by the hope that he'll be one of those "treasures in heaven" I've laid up from this life. :-)

She was such a beautiful Sheltie. I've always loved that breed but never had the pleasure of having one. I know you'll surely miss her. I lost my beloved Maine Coon who died when 13. Like Cherie, he was special, completely entertaining and a wonderful companion, so I still miss him after 7 years, but am comforted by the hope that he'll be one of those "treasures in heaven" I've laid up from this life. :-)

Cherie was a rough collie, not a sheltie. She was almost 3X bigger than our sheltie girls.

Perhaps if we had not looked at time in this linear way, we would not have been suffering so cruelly because of the losses? But how to do this? How to restore any moment? How can we get it all back? I intend to devote my life to that. And get this life again.

I'm not sure we should even want to 'get it all back'; we might end up with something like "Groundhog Day" (the movie). It would almost defeat the purpose of existence. Read my signature quote.

I'm not sure we should even want to 'get it all back'; we might end up with something like "Groundhog Day" (the movie). It would almost defeat the purpose of existence. Read my signature quote.
On the one hand, I agree with you and I know your signature quote well. I've known that quote for many years before I saw you quote it.

However, I think the purpose of existence is not linear, as are many of the phenomena in this world that we describe linearly in this density.

I do not mean that you are experiencing the same moments over and over again. I mean something higher, something that is out of time.

I can see you are suffering and I understand that you are suffering. You learn. The point, however, is that I do not put infinite hope in this quote. We know well the suffering caused by time, but the unknown is suffering that takes place outside of time.

And from some unfathomable depth of intuition, it seems to me that only breaking time will lead us to understand everything that we are going through in this world. This time seems cruel, doesn't it? But what is beyond time is the limit for me. The boundary beyond what is materialistic and what constitutes the upper world. This is one of the reasons I am so interested in time.

When I see a person experiencing a loss, I understand that person more than perfectly. Every day I experience a loss. This day will never happen again. Something has passed with no way to return. But I feel there is much more to this than we think today.

Each loss can be a new hope. I watch it closely.

I wrote about loss in this reality musically here from 4:50 to 5:37 (It was you as the first person, Laura, who encouraged me to put this music on YouTube). Later I wrote about loss and the reality after loss. There has been a skip. There were no more losses here. The world I dreamed of remained. Reality bifurcation. But the part I'm giving you right now is about loss. This is gothic styled. It doesn't move us deeply. It just is a waste.

Only over time you feel that when you lose something really important, you've never really lost it. I am talking about it without words here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in 2017, Cherie suffered a sports injury - she dislocated her hip chasing the ball. It was put back in a time or two, but would not stay, so she had to have hip surgery. They shaved her backside to do the surgery and she was so embarrassed that she was getting depressed on top of just trying to recover and learn to walk again. So, I bought her some doggie clothes... a workout suit. I think she actually was proud of it.

View attachment 54246
I am very sorry for your loss. Cherie had your love and she is in peace for she knew the meaning of love. Rejoice in the thought of seeing her again where time does not exist and souls meet to greet once again. May she keep growing and learning.

@Cleopatre VII , a lot of times, what you are trying to say is not clear. Please work on this and state things more clearly and plainly. If you have nothing comforting to say, then don’t say anything. Its the most considerable thing to do.

We have lost a few 2D friends and have cried a lot. The last one nearly destroyed us. Do we want them back or turn the time back? Absolutely no! Every life lived must be savoured for “what was”, not for “what could have been”. The latter is what underpins the STS thinking i.e. never letting go and a desire to subvert natural order of things. FWIW

Back
Top Bottom