Civil War in Ukraine: Western Empire vs Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many people are not happy in Ukraine also not with the Government in Kiev. There have been protests by ordinary people and government employees who do not have enough money.
Kristina Rus translation of _http://rusvesna.su/news/1413362511 posted on FB page of Novorossiya Rises.We will Win _https://www.facebook.com/721709267878762/photos/a.721716094544746.1073741827.721709267878762/741068705942818/?type=1 said:
BUDGET CUTS PROTESTS SWEEP KIEV

Not ideology or nationalism have fueled the newest protests in Kiev, but empty wallets. Regular people have come out on the protest stage in the capital of Ukraine - students and trade unions protesting budget cuts. Teachers, doctors and other budget workers came from different parts of the country to protest in front of the Cabinet of Ministers building.

"Our goal is to warn the government about the assault on social rights of the workers. Salaries have been frozen since 2013. Benefits and social payments are cut."

Average salary in Ukraine dropped to 3,370 UAH in August, but the dollar went up from 8 UAH in December to 13 UAH, but salaries and benefits have not been adjusted.

In addition budget workers have to finance the killing of fellow Ukrainians in the East with a war tax of 1.5%.

And there are soldiers who like to go home:
_http://ukraineantifascistsolidarity.wordpress.com/2014/10/14/hundreds-of-conscript-national-guard-soldiers-stage-mutiny-demand-to-be-demobilised/ said:
On October 13 hundreds of National Guard soldiers staged locked their officers, left their base in Novi Petrivtsi and marched on Kiev to protest outside the president’s office demanding their demobilisation. A similar protest by 50 National Guard soldiers took place in Kharkov.

Upon their arrival In Kiev, the 300 hundred servicemen rallied to demand their demobilisation as they have already served a year of their term of involuntary service, plus an additional six months in accordance with President Poroshenko’s decree. Soldiers were chanting, “Demobilization!” and, “All for one and one for all.”

And radical elements who wish to be more radical etc. as was mentioned by
_http://ukraineantifascistsolidarity.wordpress.com/2014/10/15/ukraine-thousands-of-far-right-supporters-mark-anniversary-of-genocidal-upa/ Solidarity with the Antifascist Resistance in Ukraine: said:
Despite the fact that many of those present were carrying Svoboda flags and that the party’s twitter account had been boasting about it, later on in the day representatives of Svoboda, the Azov regiment and Turchynov himself, all disassociated themselves from the violence, which they put down to a “provocation of the Russian secret service”!.

There was also a separate demonstration called by even more far right elements in the Azov Regiment, led by the neo-nazi Social Nationalist Assembly, and the fascist Right Sector. They were also marching in military formation, with military uniforms and carrying torches.

What could this lead to? The Saker suggest regime change again and with the Pravy Sektor af new rulers. One commentator Joaquin Flores has this to say among many other comments:
_http://syncreticstudies.com/2014/09/15/pravy-sektor-coup-as-isis-scenario-nato-to-feign-a-unilaterial-alliance-with-russia/ said:
Pravy Sektor Coup as ISIS Scenario: NATO to Feign a ‘Unilateral’ Alliance With Russia
The US stages a coup ousting Poroshenko and installs Pravy Sektor in order to build international support for a Human Rights intervention against Pravy Sektor and to restore ‘democracy’ and ‘order'; the real aim being to create a failed state, perpetuate indefinite war on Russia’s door and even World War … and beyond

At first I thought the ISIS scenario a bit far out, but then the Kiev government definitely is not in ful control of the parts of Ukraine they claim, so maybe there is a chance that this scenario has some truth to it.

This is a translation of an interesting analysis by Rostyslav Ischenko, President of the Center for Systemic Analysis and Forecasting _http://www.actualcomment.ru/politics/1488/ translated by Kristina Rus and posted on the FB page of "Novorossiya Rises.We will Win". What to make of it all I leave to the reader.

The literal translation of the title "Российское эхо украинского кризиса" I understand to be "The Russian Echo of the Ukrainian Crisis" which gets translated to "Why the Putin-Oligarch Conspiracy is a Tool to Destabilise Russia". Anyway here is the rest
_https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=741295892586766&id=721709267878762 said:
In recent weeks, the internet was flooded with content on the development and justification of a conspiracy theory, claiming that under the pressure of the oligarchs, Putin (let me emphasize it is Putin, rather than the Russian Government as a whole) had agreed to the elimination of Novorossiya, and now, in the framework of the Minsk process, is allegedly completing the destruction of Donetsk and Lugansk Republics.

Characteristically, the worse the situation is in Kiev and the more the local media and radicals blame Poroshenko for the Minsk agreement and a "betrayal of Ukraine", the greater the number of publications in the Russian segment of the Internet devoted to the theme of "betrayal" of Novorossiya by Putin.

The standard format for such claim is made up of three parts:

1. It is noted that the Western sanctions resulted in giant losses for Russian oligarchs who put pressure on Putin to end an active foreign policy and to actually turn Russia into an American dominion.

2. A halt of the August offensive and the beginning of the Minsk process, contrary to the facts, is served as the evil will of Moscow, which is scheming behind militia's backs with the West. Ignoring the militia's inability to really develop offensive in great depth. Some militia 'insiders' claim that "Mariupol could be taken in two days," without explaining why they didn't take not only the Donetsk airport (really well fortified by Stalin), and the town of Schastje, Stanitsa Luganskaja, and have not been able to definitively close the cauldron under Debalcevo. Additionally in this part the role of Strelkov is accentuated, who with almost bare hands for many months fought the armoured hordes of Kiev. Also, contrary to the facts, it is argued that once he was removed from Donbass, the other commanders began to suffer defeat.

3. Finally, in the last part of the thesis is that the Russian Government and Putin personally betrayed and deceived not only Novorossiya, but also the patriotic Russia and as a natural result a change of power in the Kremlin is needed from Putin to a Russian patriot. As a patriot here again Strelkov is often referred to.

This anti-Putin campaign spread across the net like a forest fire and engulfed many respected bloggers.

It is obvious that a large part of the people involved (including, most likely, Strelkov with his posse and fans) are in the dark and are just honestly mistaken, infecting their misconceptions onto others. However, the campaign to discredit Putin began not by chance and has a clearly defined goal - a weakening (and, ideally, an overthrow) of the Russian authorities.

By the end of the summer it became clear that the United States suffered a crushing defeat in Ukraine. The collapse of the regime under the load of its own crimes and an economic catastrophe has become a matter of time (the nearest time). Recognition of the Nazi nature of the Ukrainian authorities, at least, by Europe also is brewing. Kiev can no longer rely on military means to solve the problem of Novorossia: the Kiev powers are splitting into warring factions, and Nazi insurgents are less inclined to obey the politicians of Maidan. They clamor to power themselves, and are ready to kill their liberal allies from yesterday. In general, we only have to wait, and Ukraine will fall right into the hands of Putin as a mature fruit. The West should therefore not only accept it, but also bless such a result.

The sanctions did not have a devastating impact on the Russian economy. Falling oil prices may not be too deep and prolonged, to devastate Russian finances, because with a price below $80 a barrel, the Saudis and the American oil companies loose many times faster than the Russian oil and gas sector.

Liberals were unable under the anti-corruption and "universal" slogans on the street to gather any significant number of people. They have remained a Bohemian crowd, which with its "Rain" and "Echo" became even useful to the Russian government, since they demonstrate the opposition from an unsightly side. They are not the captors of the minds, but greedy and amateur diletants, who think the Russian people are cattle and hate them for lack of worship towards themselves. Based on their agenda they cannot rock the domestic political situation in Russia.

But in Russia, there are still the patriots. The patriotic camp brings people together across the political and ideological spectrum. There are the communists (from modern liberal communists to diehard stalinists and leninists, and advocates of a return to the teachings of Marx in his pristine form, not clouded by works of the chiefs of the Russian Revolution). There are the anarchists of all possible shades. There are the monarchists (from constitutional to supporters of the restoration of the monarchy, right down to the fans of the pre-Peter I forms of Russian political life). There are the Orthodox (vocerkovlennye and nevocerkovlennye, the clerics and the renovationists, black-hundredists and old believers). There are even the Russian Nazis, some of whom are fighting on the side of Kiev, while others support the militia. All in all, this is a very colorful company, whose members in other moments were willing to fight to the last drop of blood with each other, but now joined in the fight for national interests of Russia.

They have one problem: they want instant gratification. They are opponents of political manoeuvring, believe that Putin must simply "stomp his foot" and put the Americans in the Rocky Mountains and the forests of Vermont, and the militia should be strengthened by the Russian army so that within a week or two it would take Kiev. All in all, it's people like the ones, who in August 1914 in a patriotic stupor smashed the German Embassy, expressed support for the beloved Monarch who started the war, and after two and a half years in February 1917 with no less fury overthrew this Monarch, unable to accept relatively small military difficulties and losses.

These people are the target of a propaganda campaign against sensitive and measured foreign policy style of Putin, who already for fifteen years allowed Russia, while being in a weaker position on the international stage, to win victory after victory, strengthen its authority, while incurring minimal costs.

They are convinced that we can win faster and easier, that Russia still has not eliminated the Nazi revolt in Ukraine just because the leadership is intimidated and is under a spell of some oligarchs. In its 'light' version this campaign should weaken public support for Putin's course, and put him in the opposition of those patriots who are his natural allies. Stricter variant presumes armed patriots, fighting in the Novorossia, to be thrown against Putin, reinforced by the disgruntled by "weak government" patriotic masses of Moscow.

With help of experienced street fighters of patriotic organizations, and ideally, aiding them with armed volunteers from Novorossia, Putin is expected to face such internal political problems, that he will forget about Ukraine.

Russia again should be destroyed with the hands of the impatient Russian patriots, plunging the country into civil conflict. And the fact that the impatient patriots 'want for the better' and 'want more justice', is not justified. Once I read the memoirs of ordinary gunner, who sharply criticized Stalin for hardhitting and improper planning of strategic operations of World War II. The gunner explained that he was on the front line and he knows better than the Commander-in-Chief "how to fight correctly."

Impatient patriots look just as ridiculous as the gunner, but can do a lot more damage in their naivete. While breaking the union of Putin and the patriotic public (and some even repeat the slogan "Strelkov for President!", not realizing that they have bought and sold a cat in the hat — a media image of a hero, and not a real person), the impatient patriots help Ambassador Tefft to solve the unsolvable in the liberal paradigm, universal task of organizing a color revolution in Moscow.

And Putin's successful 15 years are not convincing enough. They prefer to live within their own phobias and childhood complexes, but it's time to grow up.

Rostyslav Ischenko, President of the Center for Systemic Analysis and Forecasting

Translated by Kristina Rus

_http://actualcomment.ru/politics/1488/
The website of the Center for Systemic Analysis and Forecasting is _http://centr-sistemnogo-analiza-i.spb24.net/ in Saint Perterburg. If anyone wishes to find out more about the writer, (In Russian) there is this _http://ria.ru/authors/rostislav_ischencko/ and _http://www.iarex.ru/experts/98.html Apparently Ischenko has worked for ministers and presidents of the Ukrainian government, but since 2009, as president of the Center for Systemic Analysis and Forecasting.

That was an interesting analysis. Thanks for sharing, Thorbiorn.

I think the situation of the world is very precarious in all ways. The fiascoes and chaos all over is making the Empire really desperate. What they're usually good at, causing chaos to maneuver and ram through their agendas is failing at ever increasing speed, it seems - and the chaos has totally gone out of control. It's going to be a really interesting year or so to come. I think a worse than USSR collapse can happen within that time frame (even without a major cosmic event thrown in). Or so I think.

SeekinTruth said:

I think the situation of the world is very precarious in all ways. The fiascoes and chaos all over is making the Empire really desperate. What they're usually good at, causing chaos to maneuver and ram through their agendas is failing at ever increasing speed, it seems - and the chaos has totally gone out of control. It's going to be a really interesting year or so to come. I think a worse than USSR collapse can happen within that time frame (even without a major cosmic event thrown in). Or so I think.
I agree, the economy is not too stable, the sanctions against Russia do not help, and then there is the threat of Ebola _http://www.sott.net/article/287380-How-an-Ebola-outbreak-would-be-an-absolute-boon-for-globalists
_http://www.sott.net/article/287389-5-things-about-Ebola-you-should-know
_http://cluborlov.blogspot.dk/2014/10/ebola-and-five-stages-of-collapse.html
You suggest a collapse could be worse than the one experienced by the USSR and that is indeed possible, with one reason being that the people of the USSR generally were better educated and accustomed to "prepare for the winter", thus better prepared to absorb the shock of the collapse, though it was still very hard.

The junta government advices the citizens not to use the social network Vkontakte:
_http://rusvesna.su/news/1413462659 said:
[...]
In an interview with Ukrainian TV channel "112 Ukraine, adviser to the head of the interior Ministry Markiyan Lubkivsky responsibly said about the role of Russian propaganda in the protests netguardian the building of the presidential Administration of Ukraine.

"We are convinced that today the Russian social networks are an element of pressure and impact on our citizens. We declare with full responsibility that the situation that took place with the Ukrainian army and the Ukrainian conscripts, she was spurred it on the network "Vkontakte", we ask all Ukrainians, all of our citizens to be careful not to use these networks, because at the moment, in this situation it is part of the information war against Ukraine," said the tournament Director.
[...]
And here it was said that Belorussian TV channel has been outlawed in Ukraine: _https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6noxXyXE2Zk&feature=player_detailpage

At the same time it is said on _http://rusvesna.su/news/1413231694 that agents from the Ukrainian Secret Service had questioned children in kindergarden about the political views of their parents.

And here is a proposal for the future of Ukraine with the help of _slovari.yandex.ru
_http://varjag-2007.livejournal.com/6903371.html said:
Total training Ukrainians in childhood, solid minefields and Cossack settlements on the border with Russia. This sees the future of Ukraine, member of the parliamentary Committee on national defense and security Yuri syrotiuk ("Svoboda"), who announced this initiative at the round table "New image of Ukrainian troops", the correspondent of "Policyfilter". [...]
As I understand from one of the commentators, who researched the background of this Svoboda person, his speciality is the teaching of history.

But of course not everyone is buying into the nonsense. Although the following is from September 7, it is still worth mentioning:
_http://rusvesna.su/english/1410115507 on 07.09.2014 - 22:45 said:
Ukrainian singer Ruslana: a visit to Donetsk was an eye-opener
Renowned singer and unofficial «symbol» of Maidan Ruslana said a visit to Donbass «opened her eyes».

The singer returned from Donetsk and immediately held a press conference where she declared she was wrong, supporting the policy of the Government of Ukraine.

— I came to Donetsk and saw something that I never expected to see. It literally «blew my mind» There are shells falling on our people! — the outraged Ruslana said. — It is necessary and simple -initiate a cease-fire, end the war and bloodshed. And if the politicians think otherwise it means there’s something fishy, there are some dirty games being played.

According to Ruslana, Ukrainian journalists must go to the front to find out what is true and what is false.

— If you’re so brave, then come with me next time, — the singer invited of one of Kiev reporters. — Then you’ll be able to see everything and understand me.

Artiste told that her car, in which she was traveling with DNR Prime Minister Alexander Zaharchenko, came under fire.

— Who was shooting and whom, whose bullets were those — it’s impossible to make out. But it is quite clear that we shoot our own people. I was the first one to beat my chest and scream that there is no civil war in Ukraine. I was so wrong, — admitted Ruslana.

The singer said that she was greatly disappointed by the Ukrainian leader Petr Poroshenko. Ruslana told how she went to participate in a demonstration in front of the presidential administration in Kiev on August 28. The rally was arranged by relatives and friends of the Ukrainian military, surrounded in Ilovaisk. Singer was shocked and angered that nobody from the Poroshenko’s people came out to talk to activists.

— You have to work with people, to talk, to convey your position. And let me tell you the shocking phrase, but, nevertheless, I was not heard by Poroshenko, when I stood at the presidential administration. When I arrived at the Donbass,it was Zaharchenko who listened to me and heard me — summed up the singer.

Ruslana, known as the winner of «Eurovision — 2004» actively participated in the Maidan protests. In early December, the singer even threatened to burn herself on the main square of Kiev, if things in the country «do not change». Her active civil position won her unofficial title «symbol of the Maidan," among its activists, and in February, Ukrainian politicians promised her a place in the new parliament.
A video of the above conference is here, in Ukrainian mostly _http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9Guw6bOsirg The POW negotiator Vladimir Ruban was also present at her side along with another lady. Anyhow, what is shocking about this report is how ignorant this lady could be for so long. This was in early September when about 10000 people had died. One could also turn it around and reason that since she, who is Ukrainian and, if she lives in Kiev, is only 733 km by car from Donetsk, knew nothing for such a long time, and only found out because she was curious, then it is clear those who live further away and are less curious might never really know. This explains perhaps why few care in the NATO countries about all the wars they start - it is too far away and they don't bother.

From FB page of Novorossiya.We will win. It connects with the translation from the conference with Ruslana in my previous post, as it confirms the impression many Ukrainian know little about what goes on.
Now the following is from an interview with POWs dated 16.10.14 available in Russian here
_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lML2OI8POOY , translated and prefaced (text in itallics) by Kristina Rus.

UKRAINIAN POW'S - SHAME, SORROW, BROKEN LIVES

It is easy for us to judge Ukrainian soldiers fighting on the side of the junta, but it would be a mistake to paint them all with one stroke. There are convicts, extremists, nationalists and russophobes, and then there are reservists, conscripts and forcibly enlisted random citizens. This is why it was neccessary for the junta to create the elite 'zagrad-brigades' (meaning 'barrier') with ideologically 'filtered' troops to be 'the police' of the army.

Under the heavy assault of Ukrainian media, which is the number one tool of the junta, inadequate internet availability and a black out of the Russian media, which could give them a different perspective, it's not easy for Ukrainian citizens to have a clear picture of what's going on in Donbass.

In Ilovaisk Ukrainian POWs are working on fixing the infrastructure and damage, which they have inflicted. In the video you can see the shame and anquish in some of the faces. It is clear that many of them unknowingly became the tools in a game they didn't begin, and for some of them it will take their entire lives to reconcile with themselves...

Here is an interview with one of the POW's:

- We are the military, we were called up, and we had to follow the order. If you don't go, you will be jailed, if you go - you will be killed. We had no choice. We were under fire every day. We complained, but couldn't leave, because then we would be labeled 'deserters'. We waited for 45 days. Then we hoped for rotation. I was hoping to go home, and to never return.

- When you were mobilized did you know, you would go to Dobass?

- We were told we would go to the zone of the ATO. That we would perform peacekeeping functions. To protect the order and prevent crime. We helped the locals, shared our food.

- Do you have a family?

-Yes

- Big family?

- Yes?

- Do you think it is justified, that if Donbass residents came to your town and destroyed it, that they would have to rebuild it?

- Yes, of course.

- How long will you be here?

- It doesn't depend on me, I came to work. I will stay here as long as I have to. I want to help the people, who have suffered such losses.

- What can you say about this war?

- I can say one thing, this war is pointless. Neighbors against neighbors.

- Did you realize it here?

- Yes, I did.

- What did you think before you went to war?

- You know, I am not very versed in the Internet. So I didn't read anything there. We were told, there are drug addicts here and so on, and we have to restore order, to help the local police. When I came here I saw something very different. I was very disappointed, and wanted to go home.

A comment on recent posts: For a few days I have been posting a bit more than usual and more than I really have the time to continue doing. It began with a hunch that I should look something up, which then led to whole lot of other things. In any case, I think it is safe to say that people who can translate Ukrainian/Russian are valuable if we wish to know more about what is happening in Ukraine/Novorossiya. Otherwise we are stuck with the same kind of not knowing what goes on as the Kiev government wishes for their own citizens in order to keep them in the dark about their misdoings. The fact that it is so difficult to get information from UA shows how solid the lid is. We are kept in the dark by our governments as much as many Ukrainians are kept by theirs.

It is pity that so many people need to suffer because of fx this: http://www.sott.net/article/287453-Former-FSB-chief-US-using-old-anti-Soviet-policy-to-break-up-Russian-Federation and this http://www.sott.net/article/287448-Psychopathic-warmongers-in-Washington-hunt-Russia-ISIS-and-Ebola-at-the-same-time

There are ways to resist. Here is one example which is also a bit funny:

_https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203288807925240&set=a.1025071711322.2004160.1361147445&type=1 said:
THE HOTTEST PRODUCTS IN UKRAINE ARE MADE IN RUSSIA!

In Nikolayev, the appointees of the Kiev authorities, began to put pressure on the management of large chain stores, urging the labelling of products, made in Russia. To please the inspectors one of the stores sported labels showing a burning Kremlin tower with the ominous words "Made in Russia".

Due to the fact that this initiative has not been enacted into law yet, this requirement is being touted as good advice and a strong recommendation, but with a hint of the consequences. The implications for the retailers can be quite extensive:

- Problems with the renewal of retail licence

- Surprise inspections from the Society for the Protection of Consumer Rights, Occupational Safety and fire inspectors

Of course, the labeling was immediately done.

But the intended result was quite the opposite. According to the head of one of the suppliers that supply Russian construction goods to stores in the southern region of Ukraine:

"As you know, at first I was very nervous, expecting falling sales, even went to one of the stores, to watch customer response. But it turned out that there was nothing to worry about, sales of our power tools literally in two weeks have almost doubled! Customers, seeing the label "Made in Russia," asked, whispering:

"Is that really Russian?"

"Yes"

"Well, then I will take it!"

Attachments

• 10703597_10203288807925240_2043155500516527443_n.jpg
    10703597_10203288807925240_2043155500516527443_n.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 130
On Czech TV, there was an interview with a Valentine Lula (Валентина Люля). The earliest date I can find for it is March 1, 2014. _http://rus-vopros.livejournal.com/4350545.html although the video is uploaded dated march 13. Anyhow she says that there was a close relation between Right Sektor and Ukrainian Jews who had gone to Israel, received training in IDF and then returned. This I have similar before, but not so short and clear. The interveiw is under 2 minutes: _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doKQBUXZ51g#t=16

thorbiorn said:
SeekinTruth said:

I agree, the economy is not too stable, the sanctions against Russia do not help, and then there is the threat of Ebola _http://www.sott.net/article/287380-How-an-Ebola-outbreak-would-be-an-absolute-boon-for-globalists
_http://www.sott.net/article/287389-5-things-about-Ebola-you-should-know
_http://cluborlov.blogspot.dk/2014/10/ebola-and-five-stages-of-collapse.html
You suggest a collapse could be worse than the one experienced by the USSR and that is indeed possible, with one reason being that the people of the USSR generally were better educated and accustomed to "prepare for the winter", thus better prepared to absorb the shock of the collapse, though it was still very hard.

Yes, as has been written about extensively by Orlov and others, the Soviet society had many advantages in facing an almost total societal collapse and surviving; then after Putin came to power, totally rebuilding and thriving.

I appreciate all the different sources and data points you've been gathering and posting here. The situation in Ukraine is very much a typical Nazi/fascist totalitarian push to control everyone and continue to commit outrageous atrocities. The policies pursued are ultimately suicidal, but have caused enormous suffering and brought the country, already quite troubled by widespread corruption, oligarchic and Western domination and exploitation, to a fully failed state pretty much. Also, many of the policies, such as the "Made in Russia" labeling you posted about above, have immediately and obviously backfired already, just like the policies of their Western fascist masters.

A comparison of machine translations of a text in the Ukrainian language
SeekinTruth said:
[...]
The situation in Ukraine is very much a typical Nazi/fascist totalitarian push to control everyone and continue to commit outrageous atrocities.
[...]

We might have another example in the following document from an official Ukrainian Government site, which I have machine translated in four ways using Google, Bing and Yandex to test the quality of the translations done, in case others might be interested in mining websites in Ukrainian language for information without knowing Ukrainian or another closely related Slavic language.

Before using the translation machines, it seems reasonable to present the original text in case the page gets taken down or people fluent in Ukrainian and English would like to comment.
_http://comin.kmu.gov.ua/control/uk/publish/article?art_id=115412&cat_id=109884 said:
Держкомтелерадіо вживає заходи щодо очищення інформаційного простору від сепаратистської преси
16.10.2014 | 14:23 | Департамент інформаційної політики версія для друку

Держкомтелерадіо України спільно з правоохоронними органами, Державною реєстраційною службою України, Укрпоштою та за підтримки громадськості вживають заходів щодо очищення вітчизняного інформаційного простору від сепаратистської преси.
У зв’язку з порушенням Закону України «Про друковані засоби масової інформації (пресу) в Україні» Державною реєстраційною службою визнано такими, що втратили чинність,
свідоцтва про державну реєстрацію друкованих ЗМІ: збірника «Україна. Південний регіон. Новороссийский календарь»; газет «Новороссийский курьер», «Русский мир Украины», «Русская культура Украины», «Руський блок. Україна», «Русский блок. Украина», «Червона зірка», «Красная звезда»; а також журналів «Російська мова та література в навчальних закладах», «Русский язык и литература в учебных заведениях», «Русский язык, литература, культура в школе и вузе», «Російський профіль», «Русский профиль», «Russian profile», «Russischer profile», «Російський рок», «Русский рок», «Личности России», «Persons of Russia».
«Держкомтелерадіо й надалі докладатиме зусиль для безумовного виконання усіма суб’єктами інформаційної діяльності чинного законодавства», - зазначив директор департаменту інформаційної політики Держкомтелерадіо Богдан Червак.

First comes the translation of _https://translate.google.com which has the advantage that one can do a whole web page at the time, but is this advantage worthwhile when the task is Ukrainian to English?:
State Committee shall take measures to clear the data space of the separatist Press
16.10.2014 | 14:23 | Department of Information Policy

State Committee of Ukraine in cooperation with law enforcement agencies, State Registration Service of Ukraine, Ukrainian Post and the support of the public take measures to clean the national information space of the separatist press.

Due to the violation of the Law of Ukraine "On Print Media (Press) in Ukraine" State Registration Service is recognized as invalid certificate of registration of print media: the book "Ukraine. Southern region. Novorossiysk Calendar ", newspapers" Novorossiysk Courier "," Russky Mir Ukraine »,« Russian culture of Ukraine "," n block. Ukraine "," Russian bloc. Ukraine "," Red Star "," Red Star "; and magazines "Russian language and literature in schools", "Russian lang Y k and literature in uchebnыh establishments", "Russian language, literature and culture in school and vuze", "n profile", "Russian Profil», «Russian p rofile »,« Russi scher p rofile »,« Russian rock "," Russian rock "," personality Russia »,« Persons of Russia ».
"State Committee will make efforts to unconditional fulfillment усіма суб' єктами інформаційної діяльності чинного законодавства », - The director департаменту інформаційної політики Держкомтелерадіо Богдан Червак .
The first part with the organizations and so on is okay, in the middle there are several lonely letter left behind, and in the last paragraph it becomes unintelligible, not even a modest transliteration is offered. This translation is alright if one only wishes to get the headline and a rough idea. Later, I will give Google translate another chance, but now let us try Bing: _http://www.bing.com/translator/
Deržkomteleradìo takes steps to clean the information space of the separatist press
16.10.2014 | 14: 23 | Information policy Department

Deržkomteleradìo of Ukraine jointly with law enforcement bodies, State registration service of Ukrposhta and the public take action to clean up the national information space from the separatist press.
In connection with the violation of the law of Ukraine "on printed mass media (the press) in Ukraine" the State registration service is deemed illegible, certificate of State registration of printed media: the collection "Ukraine. Southern region. Novorossijskij, "; newspaper «Novorossijskij kur′er», «Russian world of Ukraine», «Russian culture of Ukraine», «Russian unit. Ukraine», «Russian unit. Ukraina "," Red Star "," Krasnaya Zvezda "; as well as the magazines "Russian language and literature at educational institutions», «Russian regional options literatura in učebnyh zavedeniâh», «Russian regional, literatura, culture in Muz.shkole and vuze», «Russian profile Profil", "Russian", "English profile», «Russischer profile", "Russian rock", "Russian rock", "Ličnosti России», «Persons of Russia."
«Deržkomteleradìo further efforts for the unconditional implementation of all the subjects of the information activities of current legislation ",-said the Director of information policy Deržkomteleradìo Bogdan Červak.
The advantage of Bing in this case is that one more or less knows how to pronounce Deržkomteleradìo and Ukrposhta in Ukrainian :), but a few more words to explain, Deržkomteleradìo, might have been useful. Overall, this is better than the whole page Google translation, because Bing does not leave us with Ukrainian letters. However, Bing does make do with transliterations in several places where we would have liked some more English. Can the option in Google where one inserts text, just like in Bing, do better? This is what _translate.google.com returned:
State Committee shall take measures to clear the data space of the separatist Press
16.10.2014 | 14:23 | Department of Information Policy

State Committee of Ukraine in cooperation with law enforcement agencies, State Registration Service of Ukraine, Ukrainian Post and the support of the public take measures to clean the national information space of the separatist press.
Due to the violation of the Law of Ukraine "On Print Media (Press) in Ukraine" State Registration Service is recognized as invalid certificate of registration of print media: the book "Ukraine. Southern region. Novorossiysk Calendar "; newspapers «Novorossiysk Courier", "Russky Mir Ukraine», «Russian culture of Ukraine", "n block. Ukraine "," Russian bloc. Ukraine "," Red Star "," Red Star "; and magazines "Russian language and literature in schools", "Russian language and literature in uchebnыh establishments", "Russian language, literature and culture in school and vuze", "n profile", "Russian Profil», «Russian profile» , «Russischer profile», «Russian rock", "Russian rock", "personality Russia», «Persons of Russia».
"State Committee will make efforts for the unconditional fulfillment of all subjects information current legislation," - said the director of information policy Derzhkomteleradio Bogdan Chervak​​.
Now, this is much better, and readable, but what is "vuze" and what does "of all subjects information current legislation" mean just as Google gives up on "Derzhkomteleradio" at the end. We would like to have those problems solved too. What has translate.yandex.ru got to offer
The state Committee shall take measures for cleaning information space from the separatist press
16.10.2014 | 14:23 | Department of information policy

The state Committee of Ukraine jointly with law enforcement agencies, the State registration service of Ukraine, the Ukrainian post and with the support of the public take action clean-up of the national information space from the separatist press.
In connection with the violation of the Law of Ukraine "On printed mass media (press) in Ukraine" the State registration service void the certificate of state registration of printed mass media: a collection of "Ukraine. The southern region. Novorossiysk calendar"; newspaper "Novorossiysk courier", "Russian world of Ukraine", "Russian culture in Ukraine", "Russian bloc. Ukraine", "Russian bloc. Ukraine", "Red star", "Red star"; and magazines "Russian language and literature in schools", "Russian language and literature in schools", "Russian language, literature, culture in schools and universities", "Russian profile", "Russian profile", "profile Russian", "Russischer profile", "Russian rock", "Russian rock", "personalities of Russia", "Persons of Russia".
"The state Committee will continue to strive for unconditional implementation of all subjects of information activity of the current legislation", - said the Director of the information policy Department of the state Committee of Ukraine Bogdan Chervak.
This translation is pretty okay, there are no Ukrainian letters left over, there is not much unnecessary transliteration. While this is not as good as a human translation, it is way better than Google wholepage translation and Bing. The distance between the Google text insert translation and Yandex is less but still, it appears the winner of this little test was translate.yandex.ru.

The test was done using an official press release, for colloquial Ukrainian or slang it may be different. In addition even though Russian and Ukrainian are closely related, this test does not show that Bing and Google do worse when translating Russian to English than Yandex. Interested readers will have to test that for themselves.

thorbiorn said:
We might have another example in the following document from an official Ukrainian Governent site, which I have translated in three ways. This began as an experiment, but here I present it as a test of the quality of the translations done by Google, Bing and Yandex in case others might be interested in mining websites in Ukrainian language for information without knowing Ukrainian or another closely related Slavic language.

/.../
"Russian and Literature at Schools" magazine

it, certainly, terrorist magazines! :headbash:
Jeez, how many it will last still... :mad:
these degenerates Ukrainians deny, discredit and turn inside out ALL Russian. recently in Lviv the police arrested the man who during meeting of "patriots" burned the American flag. but when the Russian flags are burned, and their companies when monuments and symbols of the Russia/the USSR profane and pull down are smashed - here no police is present, on the contrary it is encouraged.
EVERY day the junta limits a free will more and more, there is no right for own opinion. these are 1000% the absolute, totalitarian state described by Orwell. and I live here...
in college in my city of all students forced to get flags of "Right Sector". THIS IS what the hell is that? :curse:

Lumiere_du_Code said:
thorbiorn said:
We might have another example in the following document from an official Ukrainian Governent site, which I have translated in three ways. This began as an experiment, but here I present it as a test of the quality of the translations done by Google, Bing and Yandex in case others might be interested in mining websites in Ukrainian language for information without knowing Ukrainian or another closely related Slavic language.

/.../
"Russian and Literature at Schools" magazine

it, certainly, terrorist magazines! :headbash:
Jeez, how many it will last still... :mad:
these degenerates Ukrainians deny, discredit and turn inside out ALL Russian. recently in Lviv the police arrested the man who during meeting of "patriots" burned the American flag. but when the Russian flags are burned, and their companies when monuments and symbols of the Russia/the USSR profane and pull down are smashed - here no police is present, on the contrary it is encouraged.
EVERY day the junta limits a free will more and more, there is no right for own opinion. these are 1000% the absolute, totalitarian state described by Orwell. and I live here...
in college in my city of all students forced to get flags of "Right Sector". THIS IS what the hell is that? :curse:
The Right Sector flag is not exactly pretty. It looks like this, as long as the embedded link is active.
250px-Flag_of_Right_Sector.svg.png

And now the Kiev Government outlawed Belorussian channels in Ukraine. Source is FB, originally posted in Russian on Wall of Alexandr Zhilin _https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6noxXyXE2Zk&feature=player_detailpage It is dated October 15th.

You ask: "THIS IS what the hell is that?"
Could it be the US/Israeli/EU/ governments supporting the kind of administration they either already have at home, or would like to create in case their economies and societies collapse due to "whatever"? Or, is it really all just a plan to destabilize Russia, a fight for resources, money and power? But then this does not explain the hypothesis that MH17 was aided down to avert too much focus on the recent Gaza war. Such answers can be very nice, but they do not quite touch the ground. In the following, I will borrow some observations from others to help offerning perspectives on your observations. I have selected three quotes which I found on the wall of Kristina Rus who translates and offers comments too, therefore I do not know fx, if the first was in Russian originally.
From a comment:
"People can be re-formatted using the zombie-box (TV) in 2 months. A year ago everyone in Dnepropetrovsk was for Yanukovich and no one cared for Maidan. Then their brains got re-formatted, got hammered into their heads, that Crimea was personally seized from them, and in general they should do something, otherwise Donetsk will be personally stolen from them too!"
That is one reason, a desire or need to programme people because...
Is Ukraine running out of Nazis?

Alexander Rogers:

"I have suspected since summer, that there are not that many neo-Nazis in Ukraine. Yesterday's Bandera march showed that. Many cities were exposed, when most Banderites were shipped to Kiev for the main march. They had called for vandalizing and seizing Ortodox Churches of Moscow Patriarchate across the country yesterday, but didn't have enough manpower to follow through. I think a handful of radicals are terrorizing the entire country"

_Kristina comments said:
a. Many of them have been killed in a war

b. Often they get shipped around the country to various cities depending on a need for a TV picture, or a pressing need to terrorize the population

c. I agree with him, yesterday's day of the Ukrainian Insurgent Army was celebrated by ony a handful in Odessa (150 people according to @greycroco) who sang a few songs and dissipated in a couple of hours, while the second most talked about march was in Kharkov, where it was held for the first time (last year it was banned). As the most likely next in line and most vulnerable, also predominantly Russian, reinforcements were likely shipped there from other towns.
The video source is _https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIkZPwQMjvA
Okay, Kristina offered three, and it boils down to lack of people to continue the fascist revolution.
And here is a third one from the same wall, but photo is from wall of Andrei Palitsa
On the day of liberation of Zaporozhje from the Nazis, local authorities organized a show with Soviet soldiers 'raping' local Ukrainian girls. Well, Ukraine was USSR, and Soviet army was about 25% Ukrainian. Ukrainian population was obviously both Russian and Ukrainian. One blogger said, he felt sick to his stomach and had to apologize to the veterans whom he was driving home from the event.
See the picture from above quote here: _https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1478528179087795&set=pb.100007918809476.-2207520000.1413553077.&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Fscontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-xaf1%2Fv%2Ft1.0-9%2F1959891_1478528179087795_5533460541162792143_n.jpg%3Foh%3D6b287a8f0b2700859c501a08b3af54c7%26oe%3D54ABC760&size=600%2C576

The third perspective is similar to the TV box only more 3D and ritualistic just like the Right Sektor flag event reported by Lumiere_Du_Code

It appears the regime and their handlers need more converts to maintain power for a longer period of time in order to achieve what they want to do with the power; to free the land of people they don't like and to destabilize Russia. Besides, some of the people in Power, in Right Sector etc are clever enough to understand what the consequences could be, if they loose the show. Also students are a way to put pressure on intellectuals hiding in University, for that see Lobaczewski's book on Political Ponerology.

These were comments from the perspective of the present. And then I discovered a small book in German called "Heinrich Böl: Eine deutsche Erinnerung, Interview mit René Wintzen". In the edition from Deutscher Taschenbuch Verlag page 112-142, there is a description of his time growing up and going to school in Nazi Germany, where the system put much pressure on the students to enter Hitler Jugend, even though it was not obligatory. Thus in Böll's school, there were only two or three students, including him, who were not members. Böll also talks about his experiences during the war where he spent time in France and on the East Front. The chapter ends with how he gets away from Ukraine, and what happens until he recovers a couple of years after the war. When I read the chapter, I got the impression that he survived because he was "gentle as a dove and wise as a serpent".
This was just one example from older litterature (interview 1975, French edition 1978, German edition 1981), but there must be others in other languages too.

I found the following link on the FB wall of Kristina Rus who gave a translation of a section of it:
Pauline Dubinina dug up an archive of a newspaper of Ukrainian immigration to America a century ago. Pauline traced an amusing process of renaming the diaspora of immigrants from 'Russians' to 'Ukrainians'. It turns out back in 1893, the newspaper of 'Ukrainian' emigrants, 'Svoboda' called its readers 'Russian' and the subtitle was "Chronicles of the Russian people in America." Despite the efforts of two Polish nobles - Ptotsky and Chatsky - at that time the name 'Ukraine' and 'Ukrainian' was not yet accepted. The newspaper was devoted entirely to the life of the natives of Malorossia and had no connection to Velikorossia. Nevertheless, the debate about how to be called in America continued. And on October 15, 1914, 'Svoboda' was first printed with the subtitle "The newspaper for the Ukrainian people." It Has Happened! "The Ukrainian people" were born!

If one needs more details, below is the text after treatment by translate.google.com, which in this case gave a more readable English than translate.yandex.ru. Still, if you find something is weird, I would suggest you tage the original an enter it into yandex and compare, maybe your place of trouble clears up. The pictures of the original newspapers are many and can be found on the original webpage. They are also interesting because of the events of ww1 being reported, but this is for those who know a slavic language and cyrillic.

_from http://rusvesna.su/recent_opinions/1413376652 said:
Exactly 100 years ago, immigrants from Galicia renamed from Russians Ukrainians
Dmitry SEDOV 15.10.2014 - 16:37

With the strengthening of democracy and the flourishing of Ukrainian national historical thought emerged that Russian and Ukrainians come from different tribal roots and can not be considered as one ethnic group. Russian - the result of a cross between Finno-Finns with the Mongols, lagging behind the Europeans a few centuries. Ukrainians also led the formation of European civilization, because, as you know, wore Oseledets Apuleius wrote "The Golden Ass" on the old Ukrainian language.

This plausible explanation is added, however, fly in the ointment Polish historians who claim that the first time the term "Ukrainians" invented an expert on Pullout hohlatskih forelock Count Potocki 200 years ago. However, no scientific ethnographic meaning to the term graph is not attached, but simply believed that cattle living on the outskirts of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, which is called the "margin" or "Ukraine".

This is fundamentally contrary to already-established proto-version of the roots of humanity and come into conflict with other studies of a Polish count and part-time specialist on ethnic groups Thaddeus Chatsky. This samovospitavshiysya scientist, not go beyond his estate, discovered that "Ukrainians descended from ukrov, special hordes who had come to the place of Ukraine because of the Volga in the 7th century ...". Count Ukrainians gave much longer periods of historical development, but it is up to Tripoli culture, originated 140 thousand. Years ago, yet does not hold. Although the world of science is a horde did not hear anything, but it just so happens that the global science and history of the ukrov radically diverged.

Try today to bring to the consciousness of the Ukrainian historian need to rely on historical documents, excavation and evidence of ancient times, to focus on common linguistic roots of the Dnieper-Suzdal tribes means running into self-mutilation. In 1925 in Berlin, a book historian A.Storozhenko, in which he described the symptoms Russophobian obsession, "" Ukrainians "- a special kind of people. Born Russian, Ukrainian feels Russian, denies in himself russkost and viciously hates everything Russian. He agreed that it was called Kaffirs gottengotom - anyone, but not Russian. Tags: Russia, Russian, Russian act on it as a red scarf on a bull. No foam at the mouth, he can not hear them. But the most annoying "Ukrainian" old land titles of his ancestors: Little Russia, Little Russia, Little Russia. Hearing them, he frantically yells "Shame!" (Shame. - Polish). Anger, foam and cramps - clear signs of lunacy. "

This description is given for nearly a hundred years ago, no way out of date. Of such lunacy grew delusional tales of Tripoli culture, invented in its interior wheel and Ukrainian roots of ancient Babylon.

Therefore, any attempt to independent scientists to establish a dialogue with the Ukrainian "historians" of the fundamental approaches of history still to no avail. These attempts are rejected by all means, up to brutal.

However, one thing - poor fellow peeps on Science of Ukraine surrounding space. They can be ignored. It's quite another thing - the documents of the recent past from which to dismiss challenge.

Certain Pauline Dubinin unearthed archival newspaper Ukrainian emigration to America a century ago. Being a man of meticulous, not too lazy to follow our Pauline on these papers a curious thing - the process of renaming a bunch of Russian emigrants in the "Ukrainians". It turns out that in 1893 the newspaper "Ukrainian" emigrants "Freedom" called his people "Russian" and the subtitle was called "Chasopis for the Russian people in Americium." Despite the efforts of two Polish graphs - Ptotskogo Chatsky and - at that time the name "Ukraine" and "Ukrainian" were not accepted. The newspaper was completely devoted to the life of people from Little Russia and Great Russia had nothing to do. Nevertheless, the discussion about how you need to be called who had settled in America, representatives of the people, continued. A 15 October 1914 "Freedom" was first published with the subtitle "The newspaper for the Ukrainian people." It is finished! "The Ukrainian people" was born!

How to be the creators of the theory of "Tripoli culture"? Where to now hide old newspapers? Photocopies are available on Internet and loudly proclaiming: "With centenary you ukry!"

Dmitry Sedov

More history, but a lot less concrete than the previous post.
This is about the revival of culture in the Donbass area. In these hard times people draw up new life in their attempt to cope with and survive the difficulties they face. Just to list these expressions would be a task in itself. There are many individual stories that could be put together to give inspiration and hope for others. Since there, as we have read in the analysis of Rostyslav Ischenko on page 100, are people of many cultural and ethnic orgins in Eastern Ukraine, especially now with all the international helpers and "military advisors", there will be many roots. Generally what I have seen from local people is a call for moral reform whatever the faith. One man wrote one has to recall the sufferings of those who lived before and not give up because of the present circumstances. In another I understood it to include suffering for a religious cause. Many people are awre that this conflict is not won with guns alone, but through the will of dedicated groups of people that work together. Perhaps, one could say that at least some people get united by the suffering they undergo mentally and physically. One perspective and analysis of the change of perception of self in the Donbass area in particular is offered by the following translation by Kristina Rus that was posted on her wall the 12 of October. The original title is " Тор - несокрушимая крепость Славянска" Which I would translate as "Tor - the invincible fort of Slavyansk" at the time of the recording in May it was held by the emerging army of Novorussiaya, which lasted until July 5. Therefore I have inserted [Translator comment] at the point when the sentence coiuld not have been made in the original.

THE THOR LEGEND OF SLAVYANSK

(May, 2014) Den TV, Leonid Savin, editor of the journal of "Geopolitics":

What is going on today in South-East of Ukraine is undoubtedly a very important case study in ethnology and nationalism. We see an emergence of a new phenomenon - Donbass nationalism. Nationalism is a very broad term. It encompasses cultural and political aspects, but in this case I refer to it as an umbrella concept of group formation, solidarity, political identity, connectivity and the like. We see that Ukrainian, or more precisely - Galician nationalism has failed, because it was based on chimeric fantasies. People in various regions of Ukraine rejected the Galician nationalism, and began to form their own unique nationalism stemming from primordial and situational factors. All who study nationalism understand, that primordiality is characterized by those roots that spring from the depths of historical past.

The regions of Donestk and Lugansk are therefore very interesting. As opposed to Galician nationalists, who created many myths, this region went through an interesting interaction of cultures and ethno-genesis. First it was a land of Scythians and Sarmatians, then Alans, For a period of time it was a frontier between the Russian Empire and Crimean Khanate, and it was sparcely populated. But already in the 17th century the settlements of Russian Cossacks appeared, followed by, what's remarkable - refugees from the Balkans. While the Ottoman empire was encroaching on their territories, some Chernogorians, Serbs and Valahians (Orthodox Romanians) received an invitation to settle the new lands. Therefore a New Serbia was created in Kirovograd region, and in Donetsk and Lugansk regions - Slavano-Serbia, founded in the middle of the 18th century. But earlier Chernogorian hussars settled in the Thor Fortress, on the territory of present day Slavyansk.

Thor, as we know, belongs to the pantheon of Scandinavian gods. The supreme god is Odin. Odin was a real historical figure, and likely he lived on the Don river. Possibly, during the great resettlement of people he headed for Scandinavia with his followers, where he funded his cult, which became a legend. This story may become absorbed into the ideology of Donbass nationalism. Thor is a warrior. And Slavyansk was at the center of the stand-off with Kiev junta.

In historical context, the area became a territory of the great Don Cossack Host, inherently connected with Southern Russian lands. Cossacks and raskolniki, who settled there, did their part in fighting Napoleon in 1812. After October revolution of 1917, failed attempts were made to create Don-Krivorog Republic. In any case we can trace an emergence of a new ethnicity. We know that some of the workers were resettled there to explore Donbass coal basin. And therefore a new identity of Donbass resident-worker was created. The recent history of Ukraine did not bring any improvements. We remember the coal-miners' strikes, demands to increase salaries, frequent catastrophes at coal mines. And now came a period of flourishing situational nationalism, during a period of weakened state, when the authorities can no longer use violence effectively to bring order, we see a situational nationalism, connected with firmly defined political identity, which is directed at denial of chimerical Galician potential, exported from Lvov and Kiev, and directed at a creation of a new political identity. Without a doubt this identity organically fits under the umbrella of Russian nationalism, and in the future it will be realized in an independent state - Donetsk Peoples Republic, or a new subject of Russian Federation in the Russian part of Eurasia.

[Translator comment:]At the end, Thor, the God of Thunder, did not protect Slavyansk from the thunder of Ukrainian-Galician bombs.

Translated from Russian by Kristina Rus

VIDEO: _https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLAR32V31Lk
It is a six minute video uploaded 19/05/2014 To the translator note: True, but Slavyansk lasted significantly longer than I had imagined, may it be free again.

The following article was posted on _http://voicesevas.ru/news/yugo-vostok/5993-missiya-chernyy-tyulpan-volontery-sobirayut-ostatki-tel-geroev-vsu-na-polyah-srazheniya.html put up by
Author: "Max from Yesterday"
Then it was mirrored by _http://www.novorosinform.org/news/id/12208 where it appeared the 17th of October, translated by unknown and posted by Martin Tubières de Cayless

_https://www.facebook.com/groups/IOUCO/permalink/648069058639485/ said:
The mission of "the Black Tulip": volunteers is to collect the remains of the bodies of the Ukrainian Army from the battlefields.

The Kiev junta gave up not only on the living but also its dead. Apparently they are no longer needed or wanted by the Kiev authorities.

Kiev is not concerned officially about the fate of its patriots who were sent to the Donbass to fight for the "Glory of Ukraine". Totally the reverse. Everything was done in such a way that more "Patriotic meat" was sent to grind in a meat grinder of a war. The Liev government Defense Ministry did not take the time to even give their soldiers any means of identification ; no dog tags, etc.

This was done for a simple reason. Simply put to know how many soldiers Poreshenko and Yatsenuk sent to the Donbass and how many still lie here in the fields, is not possible.

According to the former Kiev Minister of defense during the war were killed nearly 900 soldiers, however, based on factual information – this number goes literally into the thousands . In addition, in Dnepropetrovsk every week are buried more unknown soldiers, and according to presidential adviser Olga Bogomolets in morgues there are currently about an additional 1,500 unidentified bodies and fragments.

But not everyone has forgotten so easily as the government in Kiev. In the area of the Uta volunteers with the humanitarian mission "Black Tulip" have so far found another150 bodies of Kievs soldiers. This was announced by the Chairman of the public Association Yaroslav Zhilkin.

During the month volunteers traveled to 10 settlements and found three dozen graves, ten of them mass graves. Among the dead, say the activists, there were two civil - man and woman. Most were buried without documents, no dog tags and no identifaction. Therefore, to identify the bodies handed over to the specialists of the Ministry of defense is and will be all but impossible. Accordingly the mission estimates that in the Donbass there are still tens of thousands of dead bodies of the Ukrainian Army. To remove them, the volunteers say simply there are no funds (none proposed by either the EU or the US either....ed).

The figures for this humanitarian mission are really impressive, especially considering that they have been searcing for only 40 days, and initially searching for the bodies of 10 people. Volunteers have performed 35 expeditions. So far we've searched through a number of settlements, among them Saur-Grave, Ilovaysk, Shakhtersk. The « Black Tulip » is equally sure that if Kiev was interested and was actively involved in place of the volunteers, then the number found would be many times more.

Volunteers lack both material and technical resources, they have no official status and no security guarantees or money too. "The physical needs of one day is 40 thousand UAH (used to be around 4,000 euros before the UAH started to collapse). We'll give it a week or two, and then we will have to quit. We have no resources. Without government intervention from Kiev to find the remains of soldiers will be impossible.
And there probably won't be any. In Eastern Ukraine we are and have been witnessing the most serious conflict and display of atrocities since WW2 and the Western Press cares even less about it than the administration in Kiev care about many of their soldiers as seen in the above article. This is at the same time very sad and upsetting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom