Civil War in Ukraine: Western Empire vs Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
That picture, Lumiere_du_Code, of Obama behind grad missile proof glass, reminds me of the pope and his assasin-proof-mobile, and they both remind me of the idea: "if you've done nothing wrong, you've nothing to fear"..

That woman is most certainly wearing a wig, and the eyebrows, to me, match. Though it would have passed me by had it not been pointed out. The propaganda at play is incredible.

Lumiere_du_Code said:
I am above all these events, turning inward, and I'm ready for anything.

I salute you, Lumiere_du_Code: You and those around you are taking the brunt of it for us all, now, it seems.

My heart goes out to you.

When ransacking my mind for some thought that might actually be useful in the conditions you are in, I remembered something Andrew Lobaczewski wrote, about how he endured imprisonment and interrogation from the Nazis.

He made a point of observing his tormentors. He observed them in the way a biologist would observe the appearance and behavior of a strange, newly discovered species of insect.

This strategy allowed Lobaczewski to think, speak, and act out of some other emotion than overwhelming fear and loathing. He reported experiencing a kind of wonder at the strangeness of these “specimens” who were mistreating and threatening him.

Part of the result was that he later wrote out his observations and his thoughts based on them into an incredibly insightful book, Political Ponerology.

You are doing the same service for us who read this thread on the Forum. You are teaching us.

I owe you much gratitude: Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou.
May you be safe.

I initially wanted to post the following earlier.

On 24.09.2014, Obama gave his speech at the UN.

Here it is in full:

https://youtu.be/qxHcwt3qBCk

The amount of sheer hypocrisy, lies and false reality that Obama presented there, is just staggering. It just makes you feel like :jawdrop:, in almost every sentence he delivered. If you have the nerves to watch the full thing, you might learn quite a bit about how he/they created their own reality (that has nothing to do with reality) and impose it on the world. This is definitely one of the most stunning examples of hypocrisy and lies delivered in a 39 minutes speech, that I've ever seen.

What I wanted to point out though, is the reaction of Vitaly Churkin (Russian Ambassador to the United Nations) and Sergey Lavrov (Foreign Minister of Russia since 2004), during and after that speech.

From 05:47 - 07:18 we get a taste of what Obama had to say and in the end we see how Churkin and Lavrov reacted to it when the camera switched to them. My initial reaction when I saw the reaction of Churkin and Lavrov, was that I laughed out loud and thought "sometimes visual expressions say more then a thousand words".

After Obamas speech Lavrov said the following:

http://rt.com/news/190392-russia-lavrov-obama-threat-speech/ said:
Russia tops ISIS threat, Ebola worst of all? Lavrov puzzled by Obama’s UN speech

Following the US President’s speech at the UN, Russian FM Sergey Lavrov was puzzled with Barack Obama’s ranking of international threats: deadly Ebola virus top, followed by so-called Russian aggression and ISIS in Syria and Iraq only third?

Gathered at the UN headquarters in New York, the world leaders attending the 69th General Assembly heard Barack Obama highlighting the three most significant global threats today.

“As we gather here, an outbreak of Ebola overwhelms public health systems in West Africa, and threatens to move rapidly across borders. Russian aggression in Europe recalls the days when large nations trampled small ones in pursuit of territorial ambition. The brutality of terrorists in Syria and Iraq forces us to look into the heart of darkness,” the US leader said at the beginning of his statement.

Reacting to the speech, Russia’s Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov spoke with astonishment.

“We earned the second place among the threats to international peace and stability,” Lavrov told journalists on the sidelines of the UN assembly.

Not only the ranking of international threats seemed bizarre to Lavrov, especially in the light of the current strikes in Iraq and Syria that bypassed the UN mandate, but also Obama’s certainty that the world has become “freer and safer.”

“I didn't understand whether he was serious or not and whether there was an Orwellian element in it. Because George Orwell invented the Ministry of Truth and it looks like this philosophy is lingering."

The Russian foreign minister assessed Obama’s words at the session as a “speech of a peacemaker – the way it was conceived” which he “failed to deliver if one compares it to real facts”.

The US President presented a US worldview stressing the exceptionality of himself and of his country, the Russian FM said:

“That's the worldview of a country that has spelt out its right to use force arbitrarily regardless of UN Security Council's resolutions or other international legal acts in its national defense doctrine.”

Regarding the sanctions, Lavrov lashed out that it was only the problem of the US which imposed them. Meanwhile, the Ukrainian conflict is a domestic problem that should be solved without US interference, he added.

“Ukrainians met in Minsk several times and signed two documents there. OSCE and Russian officials helped to foster this dialogue. It's all written in the protocol and the memorandum and they must be implemented,” he said. “This is what the Ukrainians themselves have agreed to, and it would be incorrect to dictate any of the implementation parameters to them.”

Moscow seeks to settle conflicts through equal dialogue and not through unilateral accusations, not by “shifting the blame,” Lavrov said adding that he will definitely point this out to US Secretary John Kerry in a meeting between the two later in the day.

So Lavrovs reaction during the speech indeed most likely expressed what he later said and I felt as well. It is also quite interesting that he made the reference to Orwell's writing and how it exactly applies to Obama and the US-Regime today. A very high ranking russian politician who has read/studied Orwell and can make the right connection to the current state of the world, thanks to the US-Regime, is quite interesting, isn't it?

I wonder if Putin at one point gave him the hint to study Orwell...

Not only people in Novorossiya suffer, and in the rest of Ukraine not only some politicians who get trashed, not only people who disagree with the new rulers like those that died in Odessa on the 2. of May. Many others suffer too: In this post in Russian _http://mikle1.livejournal.com/4696511.html posted on October 11 the blogger reports that crime has risen by 40 %, that unemployment has gone up to 10 %. This and more can be gleaned from this google translated version
[...]no doubt that the military situation contributes to crime. "Advisor Interior Minister Stanislav Rechinsky said that crime in the country has increased by 40% compared to last year. He admitted that the reason for its growth was the capture armories, which took place in January-February 2014 in the midst of the events on Independence. " No wonder: about 300 thousand people in Ukraine have lost their jobs in recent months, salary debts increased by half. Industrial production has fallen by a quarter, while the unemployment rate rose to 10 percent. Chaos in the country, disbelief, anger, which beat primarily on vulnerable segments of the population. Rechinsky acknowledged that the country's booming illegal trade in arms: "It is easy to buy and the machine, and a gun and a grenade launcher." Overcome illicit arms trafficking, he said, it is extremely difficult due to the lack of professionals in the Ukrainian law enforcement bodies. If the staffing situation will not change, said Rechinsky, country "overwhelm shaft crime." And it will only change for the worse. Lustration will throw the last of professionals and have at least some education cops, investigators, rozysknikov. In their place will come "ideologically correct true Aryans.[/b"
They said there is an increase in crime by 40% but then they probably forget about the areas of Novorossiya and eastern Ukraine. From that area there is a sad report, with the title "Death Squads" mainly about the Aydar batallion, which unfortunately is in Russian and Google does a poor job of translating, but I submit the link anyway in case anyone is interested: _http://dnr-news.com/stati/5435-batalony-smerti.html

Recently there emerged Novorossiya style flags in Kharkov and Zaporozhye,
_http://dnr-news.com/dnr/5452-v-harkovskoy-oblasti-poyavilis-shevrony-hnr.html
_http://dnr-news.com/dnr/5416-zaporozhskie-partizany-perehvatili-oboz-s-zimnim-obmundirovaniem-dlya-93-y-brigady.html as
Overall it appears that the discontent with the Kiev junta is on the rise in Kharkov, a beautiful city in Eastern Ukraine, where three big battles were fought between October 1941 to March 1943 during WW2. In the second battle alone some 27000 Soviet people lost their lives or went missing! This is according to _https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Battle_of_Kharkov, and a friend from Kharkov once told me, they lost 500.000 in two battles. 500.000 is more than the US lost during all of WW2 _https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties Below are the flags:

Attachments

• 1413031076_1413029295_1027857796 Kharkov flag.jpg
    1413031076_1413029295_1027857796 Kharkov flag.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 173
  • 1412969261_1412968733_zaporo12 Zaporozhye flag.jpg
    1412969261_1412968733_zaporo12 Zaporozhye flag.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 167
thorbiorn said:
Judging from the reports, shelling of civilian areas continues day after day. Every single day there are new photos of shelled buildings, burning houses, and dead people:
18 + Photos from one of morgue in city Donetsk made by Graham Phillips, British journalist, freelancer. Photos was made at 8th October. This and other photos from Donetsk morgue were deleted from wall of Graham. He received 24 hours of ban. Because masters of Kiev junta want to hide big number of civilians killed by their puppets.
Doctors from morgues worked at day and night in order to make papers for every body of dead civilians from Donetsk and nearby villages. But number of victims is very big and everyday coming new bodies. So in rooms of morgue are mess. But in Donetsk morgue just little part of Kiev junta victims, many were buried by relatives in own yards, because constant shelling of Kiev junta don't allow carry bodies to local cemetery. Many victims are still under ruins of their houses, especially in villages. Many victims in mass graves after tortures and executions by Kiev junta fascists.
Others photos of Graham from Donetsk morgue are here
_https://picasaweb.google.com/115903745545816833607/18DonetskMorgueOctober8th?noredirect=1#

And there was this:
_https://www.facebook.com/TruthfromUkraine/photos/a.1462094710680543.1073741828.1452285018328179/1558693117687368/?type=1 said:
10th October 2014, city Donetsk, Donetsk republic

In the city Donetsk, Ukrainian fascists shelled hospital for children

Today, October 10, periodically throughout the day Ukrainian fascists carried out the shelling of the Kuibyshevsky and Kievsky districts of Donetsk. In both districts, once again were affected homes of civilians. Thus, in the Kievsky district was destroyed house № 117 the street 50 years of Ukraine, in the Kuibyshevsky district: houses № 65 and № 67 on the Rabfakovskaya str., house № 113 on Kovalko str., house № 31 on Oginski str., house № 8 on Yershov str. The shelling killed two civilians today in the Donetsk.
In addition, Ukrainian fascists shelled children's hospital number 23, located in the Azothy sub-district of Kuibyshevsky district.

Consequences of firing at Children's Hospital are shown in the photo.
1412967003_0_8a775_6900386_l-1.jpg
The above photo was from the original article in Russian: _http://dnr-news.com/foto/5415-v-donecke-ukrainskie-karateli-obstrelyali-detskuyu-bolnicu.html
And there was more shelling this morning, October 11, as one can see on this youtube _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npXDke6VdQU
It seems the cease-fire primarily exists in the majority of Western medias, since they report next to nothing.

Today I saw a summary of Graham's facebook and it is there a post about that, "the news service" Kolomoiskiy television channel TSN - again stole his video about the bodies in morgues Donetsk, given them as their own and habitually distorted the content and meaning.
a few days before I wrote here that the same channel blocked by false complaints account of Ukrainian media expert Anatoly Shariy, calling the cause "COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT"

thorbiorn said:
Recently there emerged Novorossiya style flags in Kharkov and Zaporozhye,
_http://dnr-news.com/dnr/5452-v-harkovskoy-oblasti-poyavilis-shevrony-hnr.html
_http://dnr-news.com/dnr/5416-zaporozhskie-partizany-perehvatili-oboz-s-zimnim-obmundirovaniem-dlya-93-y-brigady.html as
Overall it appears that the discontent with the Kiev junta is on the rise in Kharkov, a beautiful city in Eastern Ukraine, where three big battles were fought between October 1941 to March 1943 during WW2. In the second battle alone some 27000 Soviet people lost their lives or went missing! This is according to _https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Battle_of_Kharkov, and a friend from Kharkov once told me, they lost 500.000 in two battles. 500.000 is more than the US lost during all of WW2 _https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties Below are the flags:

In Kharkiv region will be moved to the special division of Ukrainian law enforcers. Such an order given by Poroshenko in the end of his working visit to the region. This was announced by the head of the region, Igor Baluta, reports RIA Novosti.
http://russian.rt.com/article/53984

I think this is due to the fact that in the Kharkiv region are guerrillas, incapacitating Ukrainian technique and so on. in the Zaporozhye region, too, are there. Kolomoysky actually manages these regions, and their head - just a puppets.

and this - elections in "liberated from the terrorists" city of Slavyansk.
photo source - Oleg Tyagnibok, leader of the Nazi party "Svoboda". he posted it on his page on FB, glad this photo

Anatoly Shariy:
A new way of campaigning. I am sure there is no violations. This is not a bag of buckwheat, but merely two automatic rifles.
Now in each voting booth by gunner - and the most democratic elections in the history of Ukraine can be considered valid.

https://www.facebook.com/anatolijsharij

ka said:
Lumiere_du_Code said:
I am above all these events, turning inward, and I'm ready for anything.

I salute you, Lumiere_du_Code: You and those around you are taking the brunt of it for us all, now, it seems.

My heart goes out to you.

When ransacking my mind for some thought that might actually be useful in the conditions you are in, I remembered something Andrew Lobaczewski wrote, about how he endured imprisonment and interrogation from the Nazis.

He made a point of observing his tormentors. He observed them in the way a biologist would observe the appearance and behavior of a strange, newly discovered species of insect.

This strategy allowed Lobaczewski to think, speak, and act out of some other emotion than overwhelming fear and loathing. He reported experiencing a kind of wonder at the strangeness of these “specimens” who were mistreating and threatening him.

Part of the result was that he later wrote out his observations and his thoughts based on them into an incredibly insightful book, Political Ponerology.

You are doing the same service for us who read this thread on the Forum. You are teaching us.

I owe you much gratitude: Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou.
May you be safe.

thank you very much for your kind words. I watch a lot, like everyone here, and awareness of how every day the whole world is amplified in a total madness, perversion and destruction of the human and spiritual, disrupting and destroying all the mounting pressure of psychopathy and the nature of evil - only one conclusion to this: the world really is at the completion of the features of his dramatic performance...
and everyone who is not going to go along with him to the destruction, must hold, in spite of everything. in the discussion of the underground bases was a fragment of "stalk, which bends in the wind, does not break"

Lumiere_du_Code said:
thank you very much for your kind words. I watch a lot, like everyone here, and awareness of how every day the whole world is amplified in a total madness, perversion and destruction of the human and spiritual, disrupting and destroying all the mounting pressure of psychopathy and the nature of evil - only one conclusion to this: the world really is at the completion of the features of his dramatic performance...
and everyone who is not going to go along with him to the destruction, must hold, in spite of everything. in the discussion of the underground bases was a fragment of "stalk, which bends in the wind, does not break"

I hope that there will be at least temporary relief soon, because winter is coming, the army is exhausted, etc. And the junta has no money to successfully continue this war. Although, this time Nuland and Co. decided that cookies are not enough, and brought some scaners and binoculars to Kiev, as well as 45 military vehicles. But those 'gifts' won't change anything: the army is not ready for winter at all (i.e. for an ordinary winter, not to mention a really cold one). It seems that they started to understand this simple truth. The sooner they realize it, the better for everyone. So you are right, Lumiere_du_Code, try to hold on, this madness can't last forever.

I watched this episode from Russian TV, that is translated by the Saker team. It is interesting, also to get a sense of the ideas moving in Russia.

http://www.thesaker.net/russia/geopoliticians-discuss-the-russian-response-to-americas-declaration-of-war/ said:
Geopoliticians discuss the Russian response to America’s ‘declaration of war’

Today, thanks again to the absolutely fantastic work of the Russian and Oceania Saker Blog I can share with you a fully translated and subtitled video of a Russian talk show which I find particularly important. Let me explain.

The show in question called “Sunday evening with Vladimir Soloviev” is one of the most watched shows on Russian TV. It airs at prime time, right after the main Sunday evening news. The people invited to this show are typically very well-known public figures and the topics discussed are the hot topics of the day. What I am trying to say here is that this show is a very good reflection of the mood in Russia. I can hear the objection “this is state controlled TV!”. Okay, let’s say it is. But in this case, is it not interesting to see what kind of ideas the state is trying to sell to the general public? Same goes for the “oligarch controlled TV” argument. What are the oligarchs paying for? Finally, if this channel is trying to appeal to the general public, then it shows what the publics wants to hear. In reality, this is a state controlled TV channel, a very “mainstream” and “approved one”, but also a very popular one. The host, Vladimir Soloviev, is a Russian Jew who is very patriotic and who regularly *blasts* Russian “liberals” (in Russia that means pro-US russophobes) and who makes no secret of his disgust for the Ukie junta.

Please watch this very mainstream “state approved” discussion and ask yourself the following questions:

a) If the Kremlin wanted to backstab Novorussia – would it allow such shows on prime time TV?

b) What will happen to Putin if he lets Novorussia be over-run by the Nazi death squads?

c) Do you detect any sign of fatigue, fear, demoralization, surrender or weakness which would indicated to you that “the sanctions are biting” and the Russian public opinion getting weary or otherwise willing to negotiate with the Ukraine, the EU or the USA?

Again, this is very “mainstream”, I could *easily* have found far more “patriotic” or “anti-Nazi” shows. But I wanted to share with you something very “middle of the road”, the tip of a much bigger iceberg. I hope that you will find this interesting.

Kind regards,

The Saker

PS: please press “cc” to see the English subtitles

https://youtu.be/aGuuorNhzWw

Credits:

English Transcription & Translation by:
VineyardSaker Video Team ->Marina,Katya,GC,Gideon, Denis & S

Editing & Production: Augmented Ether *Oceania Saker*

Kristina Rus has posted a few translated excerpts and summary of a nice interview _https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoxX39Riyjw with Vladimir Rogov and put them up on her FB. I post them here as there seem to be no other translation.

"Western human rights institutions have one purpose - to legalize the position of the West"
Then he talked about a prisoner exchange, when OSCE and all the western journalists were waiting for one Ukrainian POW, who supposedly had his legs cut off by Novorossia captors. What a story! Then he got off the bus, limping, said that Novorossia doctors saved his legs, and how well he was treated. They quickly lost interest, and then completely ignored visibly beaten and tortured Novorossia POW's who were trying to talk to the OSCE representative, and he just wasn't interested."
[...]
"The new Ukrainian parliament will consist of the moderate nazis, the military Nazis, and the reactionary Nazis
[...]
"The junta needs to show a picture of victory. The picture is drawn by fighting with statues"
[...]
"Most of our POW's are not fighters, they are political activists, teachers, professors. For example, in Kharkov, a rector of Slavic University, Yury Samoilov, a happy grandfather and a father was taken hostage by 15 officers of Ukrainian special forces, who in full gear broke into his house and beat him heavily in front of his five year-old granddaughter, and pointed a gun in her face. Just think about the clouded mentality of these people, who can do this to a child. He was on the list for a POW exchange 5 times, but he was never brought, because they are most afraid of people who have the ideology and the skill to teach and organize the young generation. And we have dozens of examples"
[...]
"Capture cures much of the nazi virus. 90% of junta POW's don't want to go back to Ukraine, the militia guys feel bad, but they have to exchange them to get our guys back"
[...]
"The virus of nazism is more dangerous then the virus of Ebola"
[...]
Polish private military companies are actually American companies, which hire Poles and fighters from the Baltics, because they are cheaper then Americans. In Ukraine more mercenaries died then in the 20 years of their past engagements - 560 people. Life insurance for a private contractor is $1 million in America vs. $500-800 thousand in Poland. They were hired by Kolomoisky and Poroshenko.
About Vladimir Rogov, Kristina says
Vladimir Rogov is from Ukraine, and he always has incredible insider information and knowledge, very informative and intelligent, you can follow him on FB (_https://www.facebook.com/editorre)
I have listened to Vladimir Rogov for an hour and I agree it is interesting. I found out he is from Zaporoszhye. That is where there is a huge nuclear powerplant, the largest in Europe and number 5 in the World _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaporizhia_Nuclear_Power_Plant

When one looks around there is more opposition to the Kiev puppets in Ukraine, and not only in Novorossiya than I first imagined. Above I mentioned Vladimir Rogov, and here is another: _https://www.facebook.com/viktoria.shilova who has reached the FB limit of 5000 friends, there is also a website (which was down when I tried it!) but it sent me to _https://vk.com/antiwar2014, where I found this video

https://youtu.be/raSPJMVFVjs?feature=player_embedded
Yes it is in Russian, but you will get the idea as song and drawings tell the story.

Just for documentation in this Russian youtube General Ruban, who is negotiator of POWs in Ukraine, explains how and why the UA army bombs civilian targets. _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwJx5rfr5IU&feature=youtu.be It is a scare tactic. This is an understatement, on the other hand, could he say more and still continue to be a negotiator?

The 14th of October is now a new public holiday in Ukraine. In relation to this, I found a couple of links via the FB page of "Solidarity with Antifascist Resistance in Ukraine" which is UK based:
_http://ukraineantifascistsolidarity.wordpress.com/2014/10/15/ukraine-thousands-of-far-right-supporters-mark-anniversary-of-genocidal-upa/ said:
Ukraine: Thousands of far right supporters mark anniversary of genocidal UPAOn October 14 thousands marched in several Ukrainian cities to mark the anniversary of the founding of the Ukrainian Insurgent Army (UPA), the WWII organisation which collaborated with Nazi Germany and carried out genocide against Poles and Jews. President Poroshenko declared the day a national holiday.

During the day there were several marches in Kyiv. One of them was organised by far right party Svoboda, which has three ministers in the current government of PM Yatseniuk. The march was held under the demand to “ban Communist ideology and its organisations” as well as to “recognise the UPA as fighters for Ukrainian freedom”. At the head of the march were members of the party’s volunteer battalion in their military uniforms.
[...]
According to a report in Timer, the party MP Irina Fahrion in which she railed against Putin saying: “We will never change this aggressor, except that we have only one way – to destroy Moscow.” She also quoted Hitler saying: “Hitler was right when he said that wars are won before the outbreak of hostilities, wars are won when the teacher will suffer defeat and when the priest will suffer defeat.” A video of her speech is available on-line. _https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7kL2FAMjpA
[...]
As well as having collaborated with the Nazis during WWII, the UPA carried out a genocide of Poles in Western Ukraine and a massacre of Jews. A paper by professor Timothy Snyder published by MIT gives the following description of the way in which the Poles were massacred by UPA forces:

“On a single day, 11 July 1943, the UPA attacked 167 localities and killed about 10,000 Poles. Ukrainian partisans burned homes, shot or forced back inside those who tried to flee, and used sickles and pitchforks to kill those they captured outside. In some cases, beheaded, crucified, dismembered, or disemboweled bodies were displayed, in order to encourage remaining Poles to flee.” (_http://web.mit.edu/cis/www/migration/pubs/rrwp/9_resolve.html)
[...]
The article has more about the activities Kiev and other Ukrainian cities, but this should give you an idea. As a comment I should like to point out the difference between Victoria Shilova from antiwar.com.ua, which I mentioned in a previous post and the above Irina Fahrion. They are very opposite in viewpoint, and also in the emotion they express which shows how divided the Ukranian people really are. And it will take a long time for the dust to settle.

About the rise of rightwing groups in Ukraine and the rewriting og history there is an academic paper published in 2010, that is four years ago, and it warns about the problems that could arise and have arisen as a result of a very intentional rewriting og history:
_http://www.academia.edu/499198/The_Organization_of_Ukrainian_Nationalists_and_the_Ukrainian_Insurgent_Army_Unwelcome_Elements_of_an_Identity_Project said:
John-Paul HIMKA
THE ORGANIZATION OF UKRAINIAN NATIONALISTS AND THE UKRAINIAN INSURGENT ARMY: UNWELCOME ELEMENTS OF AN IDENTITY PROJECT
Introduction
What follows below are four polemical texts that aim to repudiate thelegacy of the Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists (OUN) and of itsarmed force, the Ukrainian Insurgent Army (UPA). They were motivated by the, unfortunately largely successful, campaign of former president Viktor Yushchenko in Ukraine and the Ukrainian Canadian Congress (UCC) in the North American diaspora to put the glorication of these radical right nationalists at the very center of the Ukrainian national identity project.

It is my conviction that building an identity around these organizations, with their heavy history of war crimes and ethnic cleansing, is misguided, and in the texts below I attempt to explain why.
[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom