Comets and The Horns of Moses, Special Edition!

BrightLight11 said:
I'm having difficulties placing the order. I'm using a valid credit/debit card and inputting all required information. There is plenty of funds in the account to cover the purchase. I think the problem may be that it's not converting euros into dollars, although I see the conversion on the item itself and in the total. I'm ordering from inside the US. If anyone could help direct me as to what I need to do, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Added: If it turns out that my card provider is the reason and I cannot use it, do I send the money order to the address in Cullowhee, NC.? Also, what would be the total with shipping? Thank you ahead of time and I apologize for the trouble.

I also just had trouble paying for it, Bright Light. No message other than being declined, same details you (plenty of money, correct info inputed, etc.).

Haven't found information on the possibility of paying through paypal or by snail mail. Anybody have a link?

Delays are a bummer. I'm very excited to get this book, especially a special edition with color pics and Laura's signature. Thanks again to Laura for taking time out of her busy schedule to personally sign copies for us! :)

I first had trouble placing my order with the card failing. In my case, the address field had already been filled in but apparently the way it autofilled wasn't liked. So, I put my street address on one line and city, state on another line in the box (IIRC) and then it worked.

If this is your first time ordering, then the above might not be your issue. Either way, the world pay stuff seems very finicky about the format in the address field area.

TheLostBoy said:
BrightLight11 said:
I'm having difficulties placing the order. I'm using a valid credit/debit card and inputting all required information. There is plenty of funds in the account to cover the purchase. I think the problem may be that it's not converting euros into dollars, although I see the conversion on the item itself and in the total. I'm ordering from inside the US. If anyone could help direct me as to what I need to do, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Added: If it turns out that my card provider is the reason and I cannot use it, do I send the money order to the address in Cullowhee, NC.? Also, what would be the total with shipping? Thank you ahead of time and I apologize for the trouble.

I also just had trouble paying for it, Bright Light. No message other than being declined, same details you (plenty of money, correct info inputed, etc.).

Haven't found information on the possibility of paying through paypal or by snail mail. Anybody have a link?

Delays are a bummer. I'm very excited to get this book, especially a special edition with color pics and Laura's signature. Thanks again to Laura for taking time out of her busy schedule to personally sign copies for us! :)

As it turned out, my bank didn't have any answer as to why the card wouldn't work. Banking! :evil: I emailed SOTT@sott.net and let them know my dilemma. You may want to do the same. I was advised that I could go the snail mail route and send a money order or check to the following address:
Quantum Future Group Inc.
PO Box 414
Cullowhee, NC 28723
USA

I would advise you to contact SOTT/QFG TheLostBoy, for they can quote you a price and you can give them your address. Good luck and Happy Reading! I too am excited to see and read this special edition!! From everything I've already read, it sounds like everyone involved worked their tails off on this project! Yes, thank you Laura and Crew!! :clap: :thup: :cool2:

My paperback copy just arrived yesterday and kept me awake till midnight, Laura always messes with my sleeping cycle :)
This is going to be one exciting book. Thank you.

I received mine today, thank you so much ! It looks like the package was opened then re-closed, by the way...

I finish CHM today. I liked the pages about Heraclitus particularly, and also the summary passage about the crux of the Horns of Moses being interpreted as the horns of a dilemma, on page 354.

I am still puzzling over whether human societies rise and fall, and go through periods of variously rising or declining levels of health or pathocracy, while comets come and do what damage they do regardless of what goes on "below", or whether on the other hand particularly pathocratic societies invite greater destructive effects from comets.

The passage from Clube (1990) was quoted a couple of times:

"[. . .] there is good evidence that these climatic stresses are connected not only with famine but also with times of great social unrest, wars, revolution and mass migrations"

But that passage in itself seems ambiguous about whether great social unrest, wars etc. precede climatic stresses and induce them to occur, or whether great social unrest, wars etc. follow and are caused by conditions resulting from climatic stresses. [i.e. the Clube passage seems to be pointing out a correlation, but not the direction of any causality.]

p.s. There is a good reproduction of Michelangelo's statue of Moses with horns in Myers Park, in central Auckland, New Zealand. It was gifted to the city of Auckland in 1971.

Mal7 said:
I am still puzzling over whether human societies rise and fall, and go through periods of variously rising or declining levels of health or pathocracy, while comets come and do what damage they do regardless of what goes on "below", or whether on the other hand particularly pathocratic societies invite greater destructive effects from comets.

"[. . .] there is good evidence that these climatic stresses are connected not only with famine but also with times of great social unrest, wars, revolution and mass migrations"

But that passage in itself seems ambiguous about whether great social unrest, wars etc. precede climatic stresses and induce them to occur, or whether great social unrest, wars etc. follow and are caused by conditions resulting from climatic stresses. [i.e. the Clube passage seems to be pointing out a correlation, but not the direction of any causality.]

Exactly. Which is why we want to examine the historical record with some care in order to see if we can find a definite correlation.

Well, I've already been through it and it does appear to be so but, as you point out, is it cause or effect? I'm not even sure that this can be definitively answered. But there sure is a correlation.

"In the average man the results of his mentation and feelings often lead to this, that, as it might be expressed, 'a fly becomes an elephant and an elephant a fly.'

The manifestations in the common presences of the said people of this maleficent property is particularly intensely actualized just during such events as wars, revolutions, civil wars, and so on.

Just during these events, the state, even constated by them, is particularly sharply manifested, under the action of which they all with few exceptions fall, and which they call 'mass psychosis.'

[. . .]

Informed people sincerely regret just this inherency in contemporary people, because, according to historical data and also to experimental elucidations of numerous genuine learned beings of past epochs, Great Nature has already long ceased to have need for such a phenomenon as mass psychosis for Her equilibrium. Rather the contrary, such a periodically arising inherency in people compels Her always to new adaptations, as for instance increasing the birth rate, changing the what is called 'tempo of the general psyche,' and so on and so forth."

- The Addition, "From the Author", Beelzebub's Tales, unrevised edition.

c.f. also chapter 43 "Beelzebub's Survey of the Process of the Periodic Reciprocal Destruction of Men, or Beelzebub's Opinion of War".

Mal7 said:
I finish CHM today. I liked the pages about Heraclitus particularly, and also the summary passage about the crux of the Horns of Moses being interpreted as the horns of a dilemma, on page 354.

Yes, a polnt which has occupied my mind strongly for some time along with a quote from the C's "cataclysms mirror human expereintial cycle." Does it have to do with being stuck in a time loop? Is it because the cosmos is alive in a way we can't perceive with our 3rd density awareness and has a built in balancing/ cleansing mechanism? If humanity could change it's experiential cycle, would the cosmos respond differently?

Sorry, can't seem to get quote seperated from my response with the device I'm using.

Modified spelling error

mod: quote fixed

Ordered and payed for my copy! Win! Can't wait... I will wait, however, to read the book before commenting on the commentary you all are currently conversing about :)

Laura said:
Mal7 said:

Exactly. Which is why we want to examine the historical record with some care in order to see if we can find a definite correlation.

Well, I've already been through it and it does appear to be so but, as you point out, is it cause or effect? I'm not even sure that this can be definitively answered. But there sure is a correlation.

In these situations the notion of covariance might be helpful.

For instance start here and follow through upon relevant links:

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covariance

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covariance_%28disambiguation%29

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covariance_and_correlation

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_and_dependence

For me most of it is abracadabra as statistics has never been my forte, but I happen to know the existence of this way out of ambiguity. ;)

Hope this helps a bit.

Mr. Scott said:
Check it out:

Comets and The Horns of Moses, Special Edition

This is the Special Edition of Comets and the Horns of Moses, with color images and also signed by Laura.

Limited availability, so grab 'em while they're hot!

Just a suggestion that you remove the second link "Comets and the Horns of Moses" which takes you to Amazon, since this thread is about the special edition. Didn't realize the special edition was being offered through QFG publishing only... ordered one for myself and one for friend... they arrived this morning. Yay!!!
Great that it's here, but bummed we didn't get SE with signature.

My bad for not reading all the way through the thread and clicking the second link in my excitement.

Back
Top Bottom