There is a new video out from Ken Jebsen from KenFm, one of the best and well known alternative Journalists in Germany. I skipped through it and by the looks of it, it seems like a very good video to share for all german speakers:

Donald Trump tweet 15hs ago:

I don't know if it's just a my feeling, but the tweet seems like a whole statement of anger, frustration and possibly fear.

On the other hand, concern about keeping the stock market functioning is leading to desperate acts like this:

The U.S. is accustomed to economic rescues "printing" dollars left and right. But if the rules governing the world economy (rules based on the petrodollar and the "export" of dollars abroad as a result of being the world's main reserve currency) are altered, the U.S. economy may implode much faster than many imagine (and with them perhaps all of us).

As a small example, governments like Argentina are warning that due to the crisis being generated by the coronavirus, for 5 years they will not be able to pay their international debts. This means that it will not need a huge amount of dollars to comply with the usual payment schedules for a while. Imagine if other countries in similar conditions make decisions along the same lines! The question is, what will happen to all those dollars that will not be able to leave the US and will have to circulate within the country? In the first instance, one might think that inflation might grow out of control at the same time that the American currency itself is going to suffer an abrupt devaluation.

Obviously there are many factors that can be combined to make this scenario much more complex, but in any case, the result seems to be more or less the same: economic debacle, scarcity of resources, hunger, and of course great social chaos.

Personally, I have never felt such a massive disconnect between myself and the rest of the world. It feels as if I just landed on another planet, shaking my head in disbelief about the strange ways of these people. It's astonishing, really.

Exactly Luc. It is like we have been projected in an episode of The Twilight Zone.

Here, in Québec, day by day they increase the restrictions.

Today, they added:
All companies that are not essentials will be closed for 3 weeks by tomorrow night.
All persons over 69 living in residence must stay inside and they are not allowed to go outside.

And they have changed the way to count the number of people having the covid19 in order to be like other countries. So now, those who have it and those they think that could have it are added together.

They told us that it is going to be longer that they thought. It could be months before going back to normal.

Updated measurements as of this evening in the Netherlands - the Dutch PM is calling this an 'intelligent lockdown':

- Meetings are forbidden until June 1st (most measurements will last until June 1st if I understood correctly, though it can change again)
- Fines are given if the rules aren't followed (max 400 E for individuals and 4000 E for businesses)
- Mayors of each city will decide if certain areas will become forbidden (such as beaches or markets)
- Enforcers (I think that's what they're called) will be patrolling (though this was not so clear to me)
- When one family member is sick, the whole family needs to stay at home, unless one of them needs to buy groceries
- Only one person is allowed to do the groceries
- Clothing stores are still open, but if they don't adhere to the rules, they'd have to close and pay a fine (4k)
- People can still go outside for a walk, but preferably alone or otherwise with max 2 people as long as they keep a 1.5m distance
- For schools, other rules apply, they are not known yet (it's not known whether schools will open on April 6th or not)
- Unknown yet whether restaurants can open or not on April 6th

Bizarro World!

This maybe nothing, and I lack the expertise to understand this properly, but I did a search on "coronavirus" on Google, limiting the time frame to the year 2018, and found this (emphasis mine):

Novel coronavirus-like particles targeting cells lining the respiratory tract
Antonina Naskalska , Agnieszka Dabrowska, Paulina Nowak, Artur Szczepanski, Krzysztof Jasik, Aleksandra Milewska, Marek Ochman, Slawomir Zeglen, Zenon Rajfur, Krzysztof Pyrc
Published: September 5, 2018

Abstract
Virus like particles (VLPs) produced by the expression of viral structural proteins can serve as versatile nanovectors or potential vaccine candidates. In this study we describe for the first time the generation of HCoV-NL63 {that's a coronavirus} VLPs using baculovirus system. Major structural proteins of HCoV-NL63 have been expressed in tagged or native form, and their assembly to form VLPs was evaluated. Additionally, a novel procedure for chromatography purification of HCoV-NL63 VLPs was developed. Interestingly, we show that these nanoparticles may deliver cargo and selectively transduce cells expressing the ACE2 protein such as ciliated cells of the respiratory tract. Production of a specific delivery vector is a major challenge for research concerning targeting molecules. The obtained results show that HCoV-NL63 VLPs may be efficiently produced, purified, modified and serve as a delivery platform. This study constitutes an important basis for further development of a promising viral vector displaying narrow tissue tropism

and

Virus like particles (VLPs) have recently emerged as promising and versatile molecular biology tools. Formed by structural viral proteins which have an inherent property for self-assembly, these structures not only mimic the morphology of the native virus but can also transduce permissive cells. Devoid of viral genetic material, VLPs do not replicate within the host cell, but can be used as carriers for nucleic acids, proteins or drugs. Numerous studies have demonstrated that VLPs originating from different viral species may be produced using eukaryotic expression systems. Coronaviruses—enveloped, positive-stranded RNA viruses that cause common respiratory diseases in humans and a broad variety of diseases in animals are also able to form such structures. Successful production of coronavirus-like particles has been reported for severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV), mouse hepatitis virus (MHV), avian infectious bronchitis virus (IBV), porcine transmissible gastroenteritis virus (TGEV) and porcine epidemic diarrhea virus (PEDV).

and most interestingly in the end of the article:

Summarizing, we have successfully designed, produced and characterized HCoV-NL63 VLPs. Developed particles require the ACE2 protein for successful entry to the cell, thus may be used for delivery of nucleic acids, proteins or small molecules to the ciliated cells lining the conductive airways. Noteworthy, these particles could be potentially inhaled, thus overcoming the immune reaction related to systemic administration.

So what I get from this, maybe erroneously, is that in September 2018 these Polish scientist did the first successful creation of a generation of VLP:s (virus like particles that don't cause an immune reaction?) using the HCoV-NL63 coronavirus. I'm not saying that they were the bad guys, but someone might have got inspired by their success. Guessing further, maybe the super-secret scientists in the US thought that using a coronavirus would be the ideal candidate for their tinkered version with VLP:s that they thought would go undetected because the immune system didn't recognize them (I might have understood that wrong)? The plan was to infect the world unnoticed by anyone with their 'control virus', but then something went wrong...

I was thinking about how a virus might affect our thinking in a previous post, and combined with media hype, how the two shadow each other...

And so, it was speculated in some circles that this is a human created virus...

What if it is meant to attack the brain, and augment the mass media that has in recent times lost influence and credibility. Mass media - being instruments of government, and the means of govt control. You know how everything is polarized in the politics? It is over-the-top in its attempt to make things look diverse, yet this is just a show. And people quietly accept this dysfunction, not envying one bit those involved. So, at a loss to persuade the masses, a virus that attacks the brain comes into their possession, and they will try it out. They have nothing to lose.

So, in combination with the hysteria the virus generates, and what effect it has on our nervous systems, the resultant incapacitation opens up avenues, allowing the governments to be more authoritative. And they suspend the means of normal operation of society, making themselves more important, but under the guise of protection and prevention of a virus, so that it is not seen as holding govt operations hostage. But all the while, every step is used to seize god like authority and control.

- For schools, other rules apply, they are not known yet (it's not known whether schools will open on April 6th or not)

Today I heard from a cashier that her University is closed till the 1st of September!

My mother whom I am not allowed to visit in her nursing home still thinks that it will only last until 6th of April. I feel for all these old people who have to do without their friends and family and God only knows what is being done to them without their family keeping a watchful eye.

Thanks for the news, Oxajil.

The whole UK on lockdown

Coronavirus: PM tells Britons to 'stay at home' - non-essential shops are going to shut

People will only be allowed to leave their home for the following very limited purposes:

• Shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible
  • One form of exercise a day - for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household
  • Any medical need, to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
  • Travelling to and from work, but only where this is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home

ok guys, Today in france, the health minister, has just declared a ban on the use of chloroquine on its soil. That sounds to me like what we've been talking about is that we're going to put a vaccine on us and only push for that. (Video in french)

Reporting from the Southern Cone. As you know almost all countries here are under lockdown with varying degrees between and within each country.

What surprised me today was the vaccination issue. As this crisis coincided timing-wise with the governmental health authority's push for the annual flu vaccination which I always ignore, I was surprised when the secretary of the condo I lived in came out of her office as she saw me pass by to inquire if I would be getting the vaccination. Stumped by such a question from her, she elaborated that THEY would be coming to the condo to vaccinate and just wanted to know if I wanted the vaccination. I said, no I'll do it latter and went to my apartment. Now I fear I will be painted by gossip and whispers as an identified, dangerous, foreigner anti-vaccer. This does not bode well for the future when the official Corona virus vaccine is released. If it will be mandatory, I hope I can find a way to wiggle out of it (maybe a bribe?).

Un dimanche à la campagne. (cinephile reference)

Sunday was a sunny day, temperature above the norm for this third day of spring.
I went to the open market in the next village (800 inhabitants). There was less sellers than there would be in a rainy sunday in the heart of the winter. Sellers all wearing masks, some wearing gloves. All had make some measures to avoid clients to be too close to their stands.

The two sellers I buy from every sunday were there. One said he took those measures because if he had not they may close the market.
Third place to go: the little local organic shop. Wash your hand before enter (I did not), one person at a time.

Two policemen were there.

Except for this little escapade and the following usual eating at a neighbour place (don't tell, I think it's forbidden ;)) the weekend was pretty busy. So far I am a lucky one, business wise. And the weekend was when I did the more sells. 55 sales in 24 hours on saturday (previous record was arround 30 sales during the christmas period). I am self employed and sell Dvds via internet. Yes, that's a job.

Ma petite entreprise ne connais pas la crise. (cinephile reference)

Back
Top Bottom