Creating a New World

Alana said:
Alma.Innovadora said:
I think should show a list of what I eat in home. Is not very wide, but not bad, we are "careful". Ofcourse we have no knowledge about those products that we believe are beneficial, and are the most harmful and i have the UltraSimple BASIC DIET but I have not bought anything by "domestic obstacles".

And my mother just says, "I can not eat this, I can not eat anything, all go die to something. Sometimes we care so much and kills us something more absurd. Many procupación for nothing, all die equally. I'll give me my taste, at least in what I like to eat, not enough that one not be a bad person? so many bad people out there and nothing ever happens to them, but i go to sleep and i die by swallowing my own saliva, PLEASE MY GOD!". :rotfl:

Really Thank you.

Hmmm... it sounds like your mother is not very supportive to the idea of diet changes because we are all going to die from something eventually. Well, my mother was like that. She too was thinking that i was too much preoccupied with what i am eating and thought it was pointless. But i continued buying my foods and eating only what i knew was healthy for me, and you know what? Slowly slowly, she started eating like i did and stopped bothering me. I guess she saw that eating healthier made me feel and look better, and to tell you the truth, what i cooked was so very delicious that she couldn't resist my healthy cuisine :lol:

I don't know your situation, but are you able to buy your own foods? Or is your mother making most of the shopping? Do you cook? Perhaps you can surprise her with some tasty healthy foods once in a while? She might like it if somebody else cooks in the house for a change, if she is the one responsible for it all the time.

Like i said, i don't know your situation, so i don't know if what i suggest can be applied in your house, there are just suggestions, for what they are worth.

Yes, i can do it myself. Excelents suggestions! That same, i thought do.

She worries about the image, the aesthetics. The psychological aesthetics, to be exact. She is careful, but do not feel good about herself. I suggested the diet, but nothing. I know nothing about cooking (just kinda), but i'm willing to buy food and burn everything until learn. :lol:

Alma.Innovadora said:

She worries about the image, the aesthetics. The psychological aesthetics, to be exact. She is careful, but do not feel good about herself. I suggested the diet, but nothing. I know nothing about cooking (just kinda), but i'm willing to buy food and burn everything until learn. :lol:

Take a look here for some healthy and easy recipes. We can start creating a new world from our kitchens!

Happy cooking Alma.Innovadora :)

If i could have one day, just one day, without an ounce of stress; physically, mentally and emotionally, what would i be like?....how would i behave?....what would i do?
Mmmm first ,I pick a day where i would have to call in sick from work, or change appointment/s to another day, or cancel business trip for another time,..etc you get the picture. :D And if you got kids let them skip a day from school/preschool/daycare, cancel anything that you think feels like an obligation, know what I mean? :halo:
So now, you have this day without obligation/s on your mind, what's next? No T.V., no computer, no tech-related games, no texting, no phone calls in or out, in other words NO to anything to do with machine, but most of all, don't read the morning paper! ;D
Second; no spending money, not even a penny (not that you could purchase anything with a penny :P) "sorry, John&jane Doe, can't give you my dollar today" :rolleyes:
Third; if weather permits, a day spend at your local park. Be cheap and make those peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches and water to wash it down, your preference but no spending money... no kfc...no McD's and such.
Now what? Relax...? Play...? Laugh...? Ponder...? just Breath :lol:
If I did all of these things, would it effect the world through me by simply asking for such a day?
What do you think? Is such a day possible for anyone to do?
okiron

Hi okiron,

Welcome to the forum. :) We recommend all new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about themselves, and how they found their way here. Have a read through that section to get an idea of how others have done it. Thanks.

[quote author=okiron]If I did all of these things, would it effect the world through me by simply asking for such a day?[/quote]

Yes.

What do you think? Is such a day possible for anyone to do?

Yes.

Hello Vulcan59
I will do so. Thanks for the reminder. :)

Jerry, Hello :)
Can you elaborate more in how you arrived at an "yes"?
Personally speaking, I myself have found unable to make such a commintment. Sure in my past experiences it does somewhat come close but never completely. I ask myself why is that and the next thing you know I hear the echos of Gurdjieff's quote "....we are machine". Not to say playing hooky from Life breaks the linkage from this so called "machine", but it's to allow me an others' perspective in how it was done and how it effected them and how, hypothtically speaking, would it effect the world.
okiron

Alana said:
Alma.Innovadora said:

Take a look here for some healthy and easy recipes. We can start creating a new world from our kitchens!

Happy cooking Alma.Innovadora :)

Oh! jo Thanks, thank you very much for the tip. :rockon:

Hi all.
Some time ago I talked my father about the work system in the world and I said I was not in accord with the "job card" because I have to check the card before starting work .... and I personally think that the job after the family is the most important aspect of our daily life, so work should be based on trust between employee-company-employee company.
And I say this because when I set my card on I feel like a slave and this may affect your psyche at some point.
I would start by changing the work system for adapting all stand to benefit both, the person with the idea of giving work to the person who wants to provide a service

I agree wholeheartedly. There's two parts to the situation. One is finding a way for everyone to do what they truly love. The other is fostering a sense of responsiblility to the whole community, so that the jobs that no one may want to do, but are necessary for the whole to function still get done. Think garbage collecting or something like that. In the kind of world we hope to make both of these should be possible.

Unfortunately, in this world, that sense of responsibility is not always present. You may not need a time card to make you show up to do your job, but how many of your coworkers do? On the business' side, it would help for the company to make the workplace as comfortable and interesting as posible (more human!) but in most cases that is not likely either, especially in large businesses. Corporate snakes just don't think that way.

So that leaves us with having to "create a new world" through our own activities. If you could run a business, what would (could!) you do, and how would you do it? Food for thought.

Herondancer

I realize I’m arriving late to this thread but it’s such a fascinating discussion, with so many ideas (it’s taken a week just to read through) that I’d like to add my own thoughts also.

So far there have been many ideas put forward about what might need to be considered if a group of people were to go about creating a new world from scratch with the aim of building it in a way that aligned it more with sto principles.

It also seems from the discussion that the question of how to deal with psychopaths has been identified as one of the most important tasks especially initially, if the group is to avoid repeating the mistakes of the past. So I’d like to address this issue.

Quote from: Laura on November 19, 2009, 03:36:33 AM
So far, I think Smaragde's solution is the best: education and exclusion/control by refusing the manipulations of the psychopath and making it possible that they could be bred out of existence. Of course, that doesn't mean that a new batch won't come along, mutating out of the human gene pool. And how to really breed them out of existence by refusal to mate with them if their genes are scattered all through the human population?

Very tricky issue.

Possible combined solution:

1) Put the violent ones in a high security facility for the rest of their lives. Doesn't seem to be any other solution that is humane.
2) Non-violent, but emotionally destructive: if they can do jobs that their natures' support, fine, but only with everyone knowing their nature and constantly networking so that they can't create problems.
3) I can't see manipulating their brains electronically - sets a bad precedent - and they really aren't to blame for being born the way they are, so no need to take vengeance on them.
4) All of them probably ought to be "neutered." One could imagine that if they DID have what they don't have genetically - conscience - they would opt to not pass on their genes, so helping them by lending them some conscience isn't such a bad idea, IMO.

I’m not entirely sure about the neutering idea, but perhaps that’s because I associate it primarily with Eugenics approaches that appear very pathological to me. I definitely agree that exclusion in one form or another is the only way to go with psychopaths however.

Quote from: Laura on November 19, 2009, 11:41:13 AM
The thing is, there are actually a lot of people who are not psychopathological who ought to give up ideas of reproducing at all, particularly if they carry genes for certain defects that cause suffering. The only exceptions I can think of is if those genetics also often come with other heightened abilities that are valuable to society. Additionally, populations ought to be controlled, preferably by the personal choice of the individuals who make up the group and not imposed from "above." A person ought to look at themselves and their partner realistically, have good knowledge of their genetics, good counseling, consider their society, and make intelligent decisions about whether or not to have a child. Remember, it was the Fascist god who said "be fruitful and multiply..." and he was talking to his psychopathic followers. They have only been interested in producing more cannon fodder.

I would also like to add that, given the distribution of psychopathy through the gene pool and the possibility of it popping up unexpectedly in future generations and the difficulties of identifying it, perhaps efforts to control population and reduce the spread of psychopathy could also include some kind of mentoring/guidance and careful supervision of individual’s decisions to marry and have children, perhaps by elders of the community.

For example people might be encouraged to seek the blessing/approval of elders before entering into intimate relationships, or perhaps be required to engage in training or mentoring before having children, that way if more experienced members of the community with greater discernment had noticed any cause for concern potential problems could be addressed early.

I’m thinking here of the way that not only psychopaths but the STS hierarchy generally, through pathological or unaware people, seems to use intimate relationships as a primary vehicle for feeding off victims and the difficulty most people have with assessing situations clearly when they become romantically attached to people and their endorphins and other chemicals kick in.
I’m also wondering whether it might be important to consider putting processes in place that facilitate ways the community as a whole can educate and prepare prospective couples and parents before they decide to take on these responsibilities.

For example the traditional culture of the Yolgu Aboriginal people of Arnhem land Australia includes a practice whereby the same sex in-laws of a prospect bride and groom take on certain responsibilities for guiding and teaching their prospective son or daughter in law, long before they are married. Perhaps many other Indigenous groups also have traditional customs designed to guide and prepare people for these things, I’m not an expert and I’m not really sure myself. My point is that perhaps social practices could also be utilised alongside exclusion of identified psychopaths and or more technological methods such as sterilisation to manage and control the incidence of psychopathy in the population. This would also obviously have the added benefit of encouraging responsible decisions and helping control population size without forcing or controlling in an authoritarian way, osit but perhaps my thinking is being a little skewed by my dislike of the neutering idea, I’m not sure?

okiron said:
If i could have one day, just one day, without an ounce of stress; physically, mentally and emotionally, what would i be like?....how would i behave?....what would i do?

Thats something that is happening with me. You know, from like 12 months a lot of stress like get to my life but magically, it was when I Begin to digest the wave series and doing the Eiriu Eolas, but I tell to myself "if others can work with, I can to"
I thin to be in a STO world we could start with do not make judges, understand that everyone have free will and they may chose whatever they want, and as well, the consecuences are from those tho chose incorrectly

ok this is one hell of a thread so i did not go through all of it, so i don't know whether anyone suggested the venus project as the system for the new world.
to me really, everything they suggest makes perfect sense to me. no government, no money instead a resource based economy.
_http://www.thevenusproject.com/
that's the kind of world i would like to live in.

pinkredpurple said:
ok this is one hell of a thread so i did not go through all of it, so i don't know whether anyone suggested the venus project as the system for the new world.
to me really, everything they suggest makes perfect sense to me. no government, no money instead a resource based economy.
The Venus Project is promoted by the Zeitgeist Addendum movie. In the movie you will see how the Venus Project founder strongly disagree with the conclusions that have been drawn here, i.e. that there is genetical pathology, and that we need to deal with that. I'm sceptical of any project not basing its ideas on reality. Personally, I would not want to live in a world like that. Oh, right, I already do...

Replacing one form of slavery with another is the oldest trick in the book. And we fall for it, over and over and over and over again. When will it stop? It will stop when we look at reality as it is, and base our actions on that reality, rather than some fantasy.

pinkredpurple said:

pinkredpurple, if you do a search of the forum for "venus project", you will find a few threads where this is discussed. I know it can be quite time- and energy-consuming to tackle a thread of this length, but it would be a good idea to go through it so that you can get a grasp of the sorts of issues that are being discussed (particularly in regard to psychopathy); this will then put you on firmer ground when you are deciding how to further contribute.

Back
Top Bottom