C's sense of humor.

Wandering Star

The Living Force
I am rereading the C's sessions and I have laughed heartily at an exchange. Is this:

Q: (T) Was it built the same way the Coral Castle was built?

A: Close.

Q: (L) I want my husband to get me a bucket seat and suspend it from the tree so that I spin in it. If I do this, will I develop strange abilities?

A: Yes, dizziness.
The complete exchange would be this:

Q: (J) We were watching a program about the pyramids in Egypt and they were saying that there was nothing magical or unusual about how the formula was arrived at by which the pyramids were built. Originally they were trying to measure it with tapes that stretched and are inaccurate. So, they decided that they used a measuring wheel which would have enabled them to do it without any great mathematical computation. Is that correct?

A: No.

Q: (L) You knew that. (T) Is this why pi appears in the mathematics of the pyramid?

A: Take means subject. I.E. a different "take" on the subject.

Q: (J) So, we should take a different tack on a subject. (LM) Well all the textbooks show a hundred thousand slaves rolling blocks on logs to build the pyramids. (L) It was done with sound wave focusing.

A: Textbooks are propaganda.

Q: (T) Was it built the same way the Coral Castle was built?

A: Close.

Q: (L) I want my husband to get me a bucket seat and suspend it from the tree so that I spin in it. If I do this, will I develop strange abilities?

A: Yes, dizziness.

Q: (L) Did the guy who built the Coral Castle sit in his airplane seat suspended from the ceiling and spin in it?

A: Open.

Q: (L) Was the airplane seat suspended from the ceiling in his room part of how he did his work?

A: If you spin, it must be a precise method, not just spinning randomly.
When I find more "jewels" of this type, I will publish them here.:-D

There are lots humorous remarks from Cs, but I like this one best, every time I read, I laughed so much that I felt like my immune system activities higher!

November 29, 2001

Q: Well, if Vincent Bridges was sitting here asking you what you wanted to say to him, what would you say?
A: Get a life you robotoid sloozer.
Q: What is a "sloozer?"
A: Sloozer is a slow loser.
Q: Alright. Let's say good night.

There are lots humorous remarks from Cs, but I like this one best,

I can't think of a unique enough term to search for the context of my favourite but it was back when Laura and Ark where still separated by distance (and numerous other constraints) and in response to a question where Laura's concern / emotions where patently obvious plus her desire for some more information from the the 'C's was almost palpable.

And the answer was a clanger - simply 'No'.

This one would probably be number 2 on the charts though :-)

Q: ...It seems to me that the imagery of Jesus nailed to the Cross is actually the Rose affixed to the Cross. How does Jesus relate to the Rose?

A: No, it is from the Rose arose the Cross.

Q: Oh.... I see...

A: Said the blind man.

Q: Elaborate, please. Are you saying that what I am seeing is not correct?

A: No, mirth!

Thank goodness for the light-ness. The humor has always helped, like a saving grace, to not lose heart or get too heavy emotionally. The intensity of the info didn't stop me from falling into a depression here and there when I first discovered this experiment lol. But the touch of mirth throughout was and is a big reminder to not take myself so seriously (still learning this one:) and
to just keep on keepin' on. The (fun)ny Qs and As are also a kind of clue for how to face stuff in a more balanced way somehow. Thanks for posting this thread.
It reminds me of something A. Huxley wrote (in a letter to someone?)
"It's dark because you are trying too hard. Lightly child, lightly.
Learn to do everything lightly.....there are quicksands all about you trying to suck you down into fear, self-pity and despair. That is why you must walk so lightly, my darling."

It reminds me of something A. Huxley wrote (in a letter to someone?)
"It's dark because you are trying too hard. Lightly child, lightly.
Learn to do everything lightly.....there are quicksands all about you trying to suck you down into fear, self-pity and despair.
That is why you must walk so lightly, my darling."
I agree, I think trying to "force" something is an STS path.

And with this I have laughed too:

Q: (L) Okay, a strange thing happened the other day. Our neighbor, who has always been kind of aloof from us, came over and offered LM help in getting a job. Why?

A: We will occasionally throw "perks" in your direction, just to help you out, when you have had periods of equally balanced misfortune!

Q: (L) Well, is he going to get the job?

A: Up to LM, these are perks, not guarantees. In other words, we do not lead by the hand.

Q: (L) Well, if you can get him into a job, I thank you.

A: You are welcome.

Session 8 July 1995​

Q: (L) Well, this article I was reading said that different people used several techniques where they think it has helped them to halt or avoid abduction by "aliens." One is to generate an "internal" sound, a high-pitched "thought hum," and another is to invoke angelic spirits such as the Archangel Michael, and another is to "Just Say No," and these people think they have avoided being abducted thereby. Are any of these usable techniques?

A: Potpourri.

Q: (T) Sweet smelling dried flowers are potpourri.

A: Sage, salt, ooohm, any other rituals you like?

Q: (L) In other words, nothing works? (T) It's not going to stop them! I keep a heavy shield around the house and all that stuff and they still get through!

A: How about the hula hoop dance with green peppers stuck up your nose! [Hilarious laughter]

................................................. ....................

I really have laughed until I cried with this.:lol:

This session I have already read a lot of times, however, I always, always smile at this exchange:

Q: (L) I noticed that in the beginning of these transmission that the language was very formalized, and that as time has gone by, the language used has become more colloquial. Why is this?

A: Formalized? Colloquial? Define your judgments, please!

Q: (L) Well, what I meant was, that in the beginning it seemed that certain colloquial expressions that we are accustomed to were unclear to you. And now, not only is there great familiarity with our expressions, but you seem to often come up with rather clever and original witty sayings.

A: Familiarity breeds contentment!

Q: (L) Okay. I want to get on with the questions for tonight...

A: Do you not wish to reflect upon our witticism?

Q: (L) [Laughter] Yes! I thought that was a very clever witticism!

A: It seemed as if you were not impressed?!? Give us a break, Laura?!? We're only sixth density!

Q: (L) Give me a clue... I want something that will blow me off my chair and enrich my life which is so grim... produce knowledge that will protect me...

A: Won't succeed until locks are blown off in proper way.

Q: (L) Well, I hope I survive until then.

A: Refer to previous answer.

Q: (L) If you guys were here, I'd throw something at you!

A: We'd dodge!
It's fun to imagine Laura "pissed off" throwing something at the C's.:-D

Q: (L) Why did my air conditioner break down today when I was talking about the heat to AJ?

A: Maybe it is time to enhance your pondering. Drastic measures are only necessary when one's stubbornness places one upon the precipice!

Q: (L) Well, if you guys did that, I hope you thought of the fact that there won't be any sessions until it gets fixed!

A: Do we need sessions?!?

Q: (L) No, you don't, but don't we?

A: What good are they when the messages are lost?

Q: (J) What is the significance of Terry's and my presence here tonight? Is it significant?

A: Yes! And road maps available at the Mobil station.

Q: (L) Well, we're glad to see you too!

A: Thank you! And likewise.
:-D

A: Since you have broached the subject: are you familiar with the "twin sun" theory?

Q: (L) No. What is it? (T) Referring to our sun and the possibility of Jupiter being a sun in the making?

A: No.

Q: (T) Okay, what is the twin sun theory?

A: Theory that the sun is really a double star.

Q: (L) Well, if it is a double star, how come we don't see the other one? Where is the other one and why don't we see it? (T) I don't think I have ever heard of that, have you? (F) It seems vaguely familiar for some reason. (L) Is this factual, correct?

A: Wait a moment...

Q: (T) They are bringing in their twin sun expert... (L) No doubt! {planchette spins numerous times.}

Q: (L) All right, well let it go until it runs out. Is there some energy interaction that's causing these electronic failures? Is there an indication of some...

A: Yes, and "it just ran out."

Q: (L) What just ran out? (T) The question string.

A: Yes.

Q: (T) You said you'd let it run out, and it just ran out! (J) They're playful tonight! (L) OOOH! So, yes, there's a connection, and that's all I get! (J) Hoisted upon your own petard, as they say! (T) Mirth! Mirth!

A: Bingo!

Q: (L) Stinkers, stinkers! OK... (T) Shall we run like we did last week, and just let them...

A: You would have asked 29 questions about you and "Ark," and that is a "No-No."

Back
Top Bottom