Dental Health

Re: Teeth Health

Trevrizent said:
You may like to put your tongue between your teeth, or not, before you go to sleep, it works as a guard and stops you grinding your teeth - it works for me. :)

Thanks for the suggestion Trevrizent. It isn't really a problem for me, just when I continue to do unconsciously it after waking. I think putting your tongue in your teeth would require pushing it forward and opening the mouth a little, and I don't know if it would stay like that.

3D Student said:
I'm a little confused about the frequency of brushing from the last few posts. Is it ok to brush with charcoal and baking soda every day?

I think you should be careful with charcoal. I only use it once or twice a week, and the rest of the time fluoride-free toothpaste. I much prefer the effect charcoal has, but it is possible that it is too abrasive, like what Alma Innovadora pointed out about baking soda.

Trevrizent said:
You may like to put your tongue between your teeth, or not, before you go to sleep, it works as a guard and stops you grinding your teeth - it works for me. :)

Now, that's funny Trevrizent :lol: That would definitely make me stop grinding, biting my tongue, ouch. The only problem is that I don't think I have control over my tongue either, just like my teeth. I do use NTI device, it is a little different than a mouth guard, it actually fits just on the two front upper teeth. But it does not work everytime. I wonder why some people grind or clench their teeth at night. Does it mean we are more angry? Or maybe stressed out? Or we feel like biting into something during our sleep unconsciously? Or.............. were we ubducted by aliens and it is like a mental defense of some kind? I know, that last question was way too weird, but I justwidh I could figure this out. Once we do maybe we will get rid of this nuisance we do at night.

3D student , I also get the headaches sometimes.

Mona said:
I wonder why some people grind or clench their teeth at night. Does it mean we are more angry? Or maybe stressed out? Or we feel like biting into something during our sleep unconsciously? Or.............. were we ubducted by aliens and it is like a mental defense of some kind? I know, that last question was way too weird, but I justwidh I could figure this out.

According to Louise Hay (Heal your life):

Clench teeth, grinding = not wanting to.........

Belibaste said:
According to Louise Hay (Heal your life):

Clench teeth, grinding = not wanting to.........

Not wanting to............... Holy doodle that is a hard one. 3D student, I loooooove to sleep, so that one has to be eliminated for me. But the first thing that came to my mind, considering that I have had this issue since childhood, is maybe, not wanting to live in 3D world. I will have to think about this more. Thanks Belibaste

Re: Wisdom teeth. To pull or not to pull. That is a question...

One of my wisdom teeth has been bothering me lately. They go off and on with short and minor pain spurts, always with a lower one. Last week I started to get allergy-like symptoms. And then Friday my gum was hurting significantly. And this weekend and now I'm ready to get this thing out :rolleyes:.

It's painful to chew and swallow, and it seems infected with my jaw swollen and even my ear hurts. So I think I will be going to the dentist really soon.

I had gone a few months ago and they said I should get them taken out. But I didn't have any problems with them and I only wanted surgery if they were a problem.

I've tried some remedies like chewing onions, cloves, salt and olive oil in cotton, and chewing a garlic clove. Garlic is really spicy and only made it even more sore and have a burning sensation so I wouldn't recommend that.

3D Student said:
It's painful to chew and swallow, and it seems infected with my jaw swollen and even my ear hurts. So I think I will be going to the dentist really soon.

If your jaw is swollen and your ear hurts go to the dentist first thing tomorrow morning. I would suggest going tonight, but since it's Sunday, that's not likely.

anart said:
3D Student said:

If your jaw is swollen and your ear hurts go to the dentist first thing tomorrow morning. I would suggest going tonight, but since it's Sunday, that's not likely.

I second that. Due to recurring problems over the years, including the fact that my wisdom teeth were growing in crooked, I eventually had to have mine pulled after an antibiotic treatment.

Yeah I actually want to go. I really am not into visiting hospitals and dentists. But for now I'm going to take a large dose of ascorbic acid, which I remember is good for infections.

I went yesterday to the dentist and have a referral to see a surgeon to get my wisdom teeth removed. The dentist gave me amoxicillin and acetaminophen with codeine. I haven't taken an antibiotic in 7 years. And I don't like to take pain pills either. But last night at work I had one and I had one this morning because I couldn't sleep with such pain.

I knew there was something to be careful about with the acetaminophen, and it seems the maximum dose is 4 grams. I have 325 mg caps and am only taking them when I cannot stand it. I will probably take one tonight for dinner because I can only open my mouth so far to chew.

I had some amaranth with rice milk today and sweet potato without the skin, both of which were easy to get down. I feel a little better, but am hoping the antibiotic starts killing off the infection soon.

Hi 3D Student,
hope you can battle the infection and only will have to take out one of your wise teeth! Sending you strength and empathize with your pain!

Guest said:
Some thoughts. There was a dentist in the 50's who went and studied the teeth of various populations that had yet to be touched by modern foods (google: Victor Price.).

Ok, so the guys name is Weston A Price, and you can find a lot of info about the link between tooth health and diet, and about the necessity of eating nutrient dense food (as one can read a lot about on this forum as well!) on the websites of Weston A Price Foundation. There may even be a chapter near where you live, I've had a lot of help and support from the "WAPF"-people here.

My own wisdom teeth started growing pretty early, I must have been 15 years old. Since then (over the past 15 years) they've been "annoying" but not straight out painful, whenever something important was going on in my life. Such as big decisions, destructive relationships, cognitive dissonance etc. Just as if they were growing in pace with myself becoming more independent and adult and responsible.
Today, three of them have come out all right, and the fourth one is half through. Sure, I have to take good care of them, wash them properly and wash my teeth straight after if I eat anything sweetened. One dentist have told me to get them out ASAP, another that it would be too risky because one has the roots all crooked around the facial nerve (that Corto Maltese wrote about), and that surgery may damage the nerve... Where as leaving the tooth in, the risk is minor.

There are some books on the links between teeth and psychology, in holistic medicine, none of which I remember the titles of right now. Name and author of some interesting studies relative to caries can be found at http://www.healingteethnaturally.com/emotions-stress-and-caries-development.html , but I figure it is relevant to wisdom teeth as well.

FWIW, hope it can be of use!

Pippi said:
Hi 3D Student,
hope you can battle the infection and only will have to take out one of your wise teeth! Sending you strength and empathize with your pain!

Thank you Pippi. I am doing better and the antibiotic seems to be kicking in. I think I am going to get all four taken out, which the dentist recommended. They are impacted and I don't want to go through this infection business again :thdown:.

After I finished writing the comment on your previous article for teeth, I read this post and saw that you too have written about baking soda and other natural remedies, Good going, Keep it up.

Hi robinhoods123,

What previous comment are you referring to? In any case, welcome to the forum. :) We recommend all new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about themselves, and how they found their way here. Have a read through that section to get an idea of how others have done it. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom