Detoxification: Heavy Metals, Mercury and how to get rid of them

Carl said:
dugdeep said:
Hi ClaudiaYG :)
I can't say for sure, but if you're suffering from some sort of stealth infection, the IV chelation may be disturbing biofilms and causing an immune reaction, leading to an autoimmune reaction. I'm just guessing here, but it could be the case. The site that Odyssey posted suggests a 3.5 to 4 hour chelation, so 1.5 hours seems very fast. Is there a way you could slow down the process to see if things improve?

Yes this is quite probable. Also when you are moving metals around it is not unusual to get inflammation and other 'detox' symptoms. I don't know much about IV chelation but I would expect it to be more intense, and therefore more taxing on the body than oral chelation. If it continues and gets worse or becomes unmanageable, I would stop for a while and see if it improves.

Yes I think it was a detox symptom, because I am in my 11 IV and the inflammation stops. I feel very good, no more join pain and no more inflammation.

Just got this in my inbox, thought it may be useful for people who are trying to detox, I haven't heard of NBMI before, anyone else familiar with it?

Mercury detox: NBMI as a safe and non-toxic heavy metal chelator

Mercury toxicity is a big issue when it comes to anxiety and a host of other health issues. Detoxification of mercury can be a complex process and is often controversial. Professor Boyd Haley’s interview on the Heavy Metals Summit (airs online Jan 29 to Feb 5, 2018) addresses all this so well and shares some cutting-edge information. I was really quite blown away with this interview and highly recommend tuning in.

link to sign up for free http://theheavymetalssummit.com/?idev_id=739&idev_username=trudyscottcn&utm_source=739

Effective Mercury Detoxification Strategies is covered by Professor Haley, a researcher I have been following for years. He is interviewed by one of the summit hosts, Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt who asks brilliant questions. Be prepared for deep questions and some pretty technical feedback.

Professor Haley shares this about mercury amalgams in the mouth and iron that is displaced:

mercury vapor can penetrate any part of the body it wants. Mercury would rather be in fatty tissues, and that makes the brain a prime target. Plus, you can take it in through the axonal nerves… from the nasal cavity up into the brain. And if you breathe it, it gets into the body and it travels, basically penetrating every cell or any membrane.

When mercury is converted from Hg0 [elemental mercury] to Hg2+ [inorganic mercury] it displaces iron from iron sulfur centers in the brain. And that iron is now free, and iron is a very potent oxidative stress inducer...that’s associated with Alzheimer’s disease and other neurological illnesses [such as anxiety].

He talks about the synergistic effect of aluminum and mercury, and offers that the DMPS challenge test does show mercury body burden but isn’t good enough for reducing body burden, and that both DMPS and DMSA can make some people sicker and affect their kidneys. This has always been one of my concerns with this approach. I shared how I reacted badly to DMPS in my anxiety summit interview with Dr. John Dempster.

Professor Haley then shares how he set out to find a safe and non-toxic heavy metal chelator that would cross blood-brain barrier, get inside the cells and bind the mercury. The compound was initially sold as an antioxidant (as OSR), is now called NBMI and is in phase 2 clinical trials:

It was sold for a long time called OSR, Oxidative Stress Relief. And now, it’s called NBMI…it takes a carboxybenzoate which is found in berries and couples to the carboxyl groups cystamine which is cysteine without the carboxyl group. And when you do that, you neutralize both of the charges, and you make an uncharged compound that has two sulfurs off two arms that can surround a mercury atom or any atom of any size.

And that compound is what we’re working on today. We’re now going into phase two studies. When we gave it to humans in a phase one study, the safety and pharmacokinetics, it was 60-80% absorbed into the blood. And we didn’t have one single adverse effect reported. It is the same thing we had when we sold it as a dietary antioxidant - this compound not only does it bind mercury, it is a very potent oxygen-radical scavenger, just like glutathione.

As of now this compound is only available in Switzerland and chelates any metal that binds sulfur - like mercury, lead, iron, cadmium, copper – all of which can increase anxiety when levels are high.

Dr. Klinghardt has been using it with success and feels Professor Haley deserves the Nobel Prize for his work! This is so promising because as you’ll hear in Dr. Klinghardt’s interview: Biophysics of Heavy Metal Detox

Zeolite not useful in heavy metal detox?

I've been taking zeolite powder for some periods of time for cleaning my bowels.

The zeolite industry and health practioners usually claim that the powder can (among other things) be used for heavy metal detox.

Reading the article linked below made me think again... :shock:

Zeolite myths

Hello! I'm so excited as I'll finally begin removing 5 silver fillings starting in a month. I have my sauna blanket and I'm gathering all information. I'm at page 20 of this thread so far. My one concern is the yeast problem. Having symptoms in the last few weeks I've started adjusting my diet and taking Walnut tincture and Grape seed oil on an empty stomach. I'm sure my mercury level is high as I started getting silver fillings at the age of 6 and all that have been replaced since then haven't been with precautions. I also worked in a dental office and prepared mercury fillings when I was pregnant with my son! Years later I worked in another office that did mercury fillings.

I read all the candida info here a few years back but had forgotten mercury can cause candida over growth which explains my on going problem with flare ups which I blamed on eating sugar mainly.

So before doing the DMSA i want to make sure the candida is in check. I may ask the dentist, who specializes in mercury removal, if he can write me a prescription for Nystatin and after completion start the DMSA then.

I'm also wondering if there is another form of mercury removal I can do if I decide to hold off on the DMSA for awhile. Surely it won't be as affective but I'd like to get going on this. I read a few pages back that a powdered Zeolite was affective but then found this article which says that isn't correct.

So, if anyone has suggestions I'm all ears. Also I've been mainly gluten free for several years, HOWEVER...I've been buying the gluten free products that contain rice flour... there has been talk here that contains gluten, :-(. I haven't done any research on this but thought I'd mention it. Thanks

I'll be buying Baker's book and I was wondering if any new information, books etc. have come up in recent years that are recommended as this thread is quite old.

So, if anyone has suggestions I'm all ears.
I've used zeolite, activated charcoal and other clays and the effect that I felt was of a mild detox, at least a bearable one. I've used low doses of DMSA (one or two caps before going to bed) without seemingly any bad effects as well. EDTA is also better tolerated than DMSA, in my experience.

Every time I did a detox like that, I felt I had less brain fog and more brain energy. But I hold the record of having among the highest mercury levels in the urine after a DMSA + EDTA challenge. Back in the day, I had +26 mercury fillings and I also have detox genetic issues.

Years ago, I did cycles of DMSA 3 days a week and it made feel horrible. Afterwards I'll have cognitive improvements, even my writing was neater after taking DMSA.

IV infusions of glutathione and vitamin C plus other stuff (Myers cocktail) brought my mercury levels to it's lowest levels.

So for me it has a been a combination of different things, although I believe that you don't have to go the IV route if you have oral options available.

Nystatin complemented with natural measures should help with the candida problem. For me, it always helped when I took it.

I've used zeolite, activated charcoal and other clays and the effect that I felt was of a mild detox, at least a bearable one. I've used low doses of DMSA (one or two caps before going to bed) without seemingly any bad effects as well. EDTA is also better tolerated than DMSA, in my experience.

Every time I did a detox like that, I felt I had less brain fog and more brain energy. But I hold the record of having among the highest mercury levels in the urine after a DMSA + EDTA challenge. Back in the day, I had +26 mercury fillings and I also have detox genetic issues.

Years ago, I did cycles of DMSA 3 days a week and it made feel horrible. Afterwards I'll have cognitive improvements, even my writing was neater after taking DMSA.

IV infusions of glutathione and vitamin C plus other stuff (Myers cocktail) brought my mercury levels to it's lowest levels.

So for me it has a been a combination of different things, although I believe that you don't have to go the IV route if you have oral options available.

Nystatin complemented with natural measures should help with the candida problem. For me, it always helped when I took it.
Thanks Gaby. The people here started this protocol many years ago so its good to hear some of what you've been doing since then. I'll have a closer look at the zeolite and EDTA. I just realized, I wrote this in the wrong thread, This is the one I've been reading.

Just got this in my inbox, thought it may be useful for people who are trying to detox, I haven't heard of NBMI before, anyone else familiar with it?

Mercury detox: NBMI as a safe and non-toxic heavy metal chelator
I just listened to the latest Delingpod with this Boyd Haley who's a professor of chemistry. Haley is apparently known for his decades long research in mercury toxicity and how it contributes to Alzheimer's disease and other brain diseases like Parkinson's and autism.

In this interview he talks a lot about his chelation compund that he's developed NBMI (or OSR). This stuff sounds almost too good to be true but he's apparently done many studies with good results. Unfortunately the FDA has not yet approved for distribution, and probably never will (what a huge supprise! :lol:).

What also caught my attention was that he said that glutathione as a supplement (even as liposomal) is useless, as is zeolite and ALA, in removing mercury according to him. The only other thing besides his NMBI he recommends is selenium, and maybe NAC if I understood him correctly.

I'm not sure what to think, maybe he's just promoting his own product? On the other hand, you can't buy that anywhere (and he's not selling it either!). He sounds very knowledgeable and cites many studies, so I lean towards believing him for the most part (famous last words!).

So, the next thing I'd like to know is where I/we could get this NBMI, maybe from China? Or could you make it yourself somehow (probably not)?

I have a cousin who's roughly my age who's got Alzheimer's but I suspect she's too far gone to gain any help even with NBMI. However, this stuff could for sure be useful to take as a prophylactic.

I'm not sure what to think, maybe he's just promoting his own product?
Maybe it's promo. We have some experience of before and after levels of heavy metals using natural chelators such as ALA, glutathione and vitamin C and the results are excellent. Non profits like Autism Institute has done a lot of research in autistic children too. His product might work very well, though.

I just listened to the latest Delingpod with this Boyd Haley who's a professor of chemistry. Haley is apparently known for his decades long research in mercury toxicity and how it contributes to Alzheimer's disease and other brain diseases like Parkinson's and autism.

In this interview he talks a lot about his chelation compund that he's developed NBMI (or OSR). This stuff sounds almost too good to be true but he's apparently done many studies with good results. Unfortunately the FDA has not yet approved for distribution, and probably never will (what a huge supprise! :lol:).

What also caught my attention was that he said that glutathione as a supplement (even as liposomal) is useless, as is zeolite and ALA, in removing mercury according to him. The only other thing besides his NMBI he recommends is selenium, and maybe NAC if I understood him correctly.

I'm not sure what to think, maybe he's just promoting his own product? On the other hand, you can't buy that anywhere (and he's not selling it either!). He sounds very knowledgeable and cites many studies, so I lean towards believing him for the most part (famous last words!).

So, the next thing I'd like to know is where I/we could get this NBMI, maybe from China? Or could you make it yourself somehow (probably not)?

I have a cousin who's roughly my age who's got Alzheimer's but I suspect she's too far gone to gain any help even with NBMI. However, this stuff could for sure be useful to take as a prophylactic.

NBMI sure does look awesome . I was familiar with it for a while after listening to Haley discuss it.

Downplaying glutathione is inaccurate. The studies on this provide results which are clear: Glutatione definitely can mobilize and excrete mercury. The only difference is that a binder is necessary to keep it in the gut to prevent reabsorption. It is different to DMSA/DMPS, which will mostly carry metals out through the urine. The metabols bound up with glutathione and other phase II liver conjugates will mostly go out of the gut, hence the greater need for a binder.

Same applies for ALA, albeit less potent than glutathione.

I get the impression that rather than trying to sell his product, he might just not have much experience in using those natural compounds for metal detoxification.

NBMI sure does look awesome . I was familiar with it for a while after listening to Haley discuss it.

Downplaying glutathione is inaccurate. The studies on this provide results which are clear: Glutatione definitely can mobilize and excrete mercury. The only difference is that a binder is necessary to keep it in the gut to prevent reabsorption. It is different to DMSA/DMPS, which will mostly carry metals out through the urine. The metabols bound up with glutathione and other phase II liver conjugates will mostly go out of the gut, hence the greater need for a binder.

Same applies for ALA, albeit less potent than glutathione.

I get the impression that rather than trying to sell his product, he might just not have much experience in using those natural compounds for metal detoxification.
Sorry, stupid question, but what is meant by binder - which are those?

A binding agent which remains in the gut and adsorbs to toxins. Examples include charcoal, bentonite clay, activated silica, modified citrus pectin, zeolite
Thank you. The reason I'm asking has partly to do with how I recently I started using the liposomal glutathione and glycine that I had purchased in case I'd be forced to take the Covid jab. Both products were over their expire date so I thought it would be better to use them at this point.

I might have understood things poorly but in the 'vaxx protection protocol' that you so magnificently produced, I didn't see any binders under 'Glutathione and precursors' so I didn't include any of those. So, after a week or so on both these products I started having strange palpitations in the upper gut area (at some point I thought I was having a gallstone issue), and I wonder if the fact that I didn't use any of these binders made the heavy metals to concentrate in the colon? In any case, I've now stopped taking both glutathione and glycine and the palpitatoins are gone now. I need to get some binders before I try those again...

Thank you. The reason I'm asking has partly to do with how I recently I started using the liposomal glutathione and glycine that I had purchased in case I'd be forced to take the Covid jab. Both products were over their expire date so I thought it would be better to use them at this point.

I might have understood things poorly but in the 'vaxx protection protocol' that you so magnificently produced, I didn't see any binders under 'Glutathione and precursors' so I didn't include any of those. So, after a week or so on both these products I started having strange palpitations in the upper gut area (at some point I thought I was having a gallstone issue), and I wonder if the fact that I didn't use any of these binders made the heavy metals to concentrate in the colon? In any case, I've now stopped taking both glutathione and glycine and the palpitatoins are gone now. I need to get some binders before I try those again...
Its possible that it was related to the gallbladder. Glutathione is one of the phase II conjugates in the liver, responsible for packaging up bad things and carrying them out through the bile. Likewise, it is one of the main ways by which cells (outside of the liver elsewhere in the body) export intracellular toxins into the blood.

A high glutathione load, with perhaps some of the other nutrients (ALA, glycine, NAC) can enhance the rate of detoxification from liver-->gallbladder. However, the bile must be soluble and fluid, and there must be sufficient bile flow. Without good composition of the bile and adequate flushing from gallbladder, it can cause a "backlog" in the liver.

That is one of the reasons why detoxification protocols generally focus on three main areas:

1. Increasing toxin clearance from cells and supporting the liver (glutathione, ALA etc)
2. Improving the composition and FLOW of bile (phosphatidylcholine, TUDCA, and cholagogue herbs/bitter herbs to stimulate gallbladder release)
3. "Catching" the waste in the gut to stop it from being reabsorbed - binders.

Funnily enough, I did a video outlining this basic concept recently, and am going to follow up with a more detailed one shortly:

I have been using NBMI/OSR for around a year now. Feel free to ask me anything!

I have been using NBMI/OSR for around a year now. Feel free to ask me anything!
3 years ago, I contacted Haley's company but they couldn't deliver it because it was restricted: they were allowed to deliver under condition only to commonwealth countries.
Maybe things have changed? Do you have a website where to buy it? Is it on sale over the counter?
After a year of use do you still need to take it?

Back
Top Bottom