DMSA for heavy metal detox - how long available?

Laurentien said:
I asked my dentist a few weeks ago if white amalgams contain mercury an she said no, only the silver filling.

Sherry Rogers mentioned also the white ceramics in Detoxify or Die, but mercury is really far more toxic and white amalgams are definitely safer and a better option.

Gandalf said:
Psyche said:
I used to have 26 mercury fillings :-[ .

Wow, 26 mercury fillings and I thought that 16 was quite a lot. ;)

I don't know how I allowed my teeth problems to go so wrong :( I was a little kid when my biggest mercury amalgams were placed. Sigh.

I just wanted to add my 2 cents: the detox protocol with DMSA helps A LOT.

It's definitely a good idea to get rid of candida and stick to a healthy diet, eliminating wheat, dairy, etc. Do prep your system first, because your first round of DMSA can be a bit hard (aches and pains, mental craziness, and so on). But it does work!

I didn't have any mercury fillings, but I had plenty of vaccinations and I grew up near Lake Michigan in the USA where coal power plants were abundant. The EPA did a test in 2005 I think it was and they found that the rain water in that area had unsafe levels of mercury. Mercury is far more prevalent than people think.

The first couple rounds were pretty bad, but it gets better. You'll feel like a whole different person!

Laura said:
Also, I've been doing the mercury detox while having my amalgams removed. I may do an extra cycle or two just to be sure. I have the last two removed on Friday. (Had two done today.)

My dentists are real careful about removing the amalgams, but I still get sick and have more problems with MS than usual. I take the detox cocktail from Sherry Rogers books, and add in spirulina and chlorella. Anything more is too harsh. My next crown will be in this week, then I have one amalgam left.

Right now I can't eat much of anything and am feeling pretty icky. I had to stop the Ultra shakes and stick to brown rice only over the weekend.

So far, its been like this: two steps forward, one back.

As for dental amalgams, too bad the "Satisfaction
guaranteed or your money back" offer expired years
ago. I have quite a number myself and cannot afford
the removal expense.

Perhaps a poorman's solution is to do tooth self-removals
with a door and a string or better yet, take a trip to the
car junkyard and stand under the huge electro-magnet
with my mouth opened skyward and say "throw the switch!"?

*sigh* :D

dant said:
I have quite a number myself and cannot afford the removal expense.

Yeah, it can be quite expensive. I had mine done in Costa Rica, extremely cheap, all 26 mercury fillings. Almost for free if you compare it to US prices. But one must be careful about how the procedure is done. In any case, Andrew Hall Cutler, in "Amalgalm Illness" says that any protocol involving a dam and independent breathing air or equivalent protection is suitable. He says that if one has patience, removing one amalgalm every 4-6 weeks "will eventually do it and makes protection less of an issue."

Not only did I have a mouthful of mercury, but I also received all vaccinations and then all possible reinforcements with thimerosal when I was in my early 20s. And I loved tuna... Not to mention the environmental pollution!

After a few cycles of DMSA, I do feel a significant difference. It really works, even though some people say it does not cross the blood brain barrier, I can definitely say that my neurological symptoms are better. :)

Laura said:
So, I thought I would mention this here so that any of you who are planning on going the whole nine yards, best get your DMSA now, put it in a cool dark place until you are ready to use it, and maybe have some put aside for emergency use. I understand it is really helpful in a number of conditions.

Also, read Baker's "Detoxification and Healing" before doing your complete mercury/metal detox. He has the protocol in there that you must follow as well as all the background info that will be needed. I think it is a pretty safe bet that about everybody on the planet needs to detox mercury and a few other heavy metals.

Wow, thank you for the warning. Better stock up on it.

I don't have any mercury fillings and have only had about four vaccinations (tetanus, MMR, HepBx2) but I used to play with my brother's soldering iron kit when I was a kid. I'm not exactly sure of the exact ingredients in the metal stick used with it but I do believe it has some lead or tin in it. I used to let it drop on the skin on my calf and was amazed that I didn't get burnt. :shock: Very stupid, experimental kid I was. Later the family dog head-butted me on my calf and I still have bump there because it never healed right. So, I'll be getting some of that DMSA too.

Thanks for the info.

Hi everyone,

My computer died a couple days ago, so I'm scrambling to connect and catch up in just a few minutes at work. Mercury detox is a huge issue. As soon as we got dental insurance last year, I found a treasure of a dentist who has been doing natural dentistry for decades (he's 83!). He removed all my amalgams and my husband's as well. He uses several supplements before, during and after the process. One of the chelation products he's uses after having explored many options is this Detox Max ( _http://www.healthsavers.info/savealife_files/ProdMoreInfo/DetoxMax-MoreInfo.htm ). I really don't know how that rates in comparison to DMSA, but I thought I would mention it. He also does vitamin C (made from organic beets) and an algae supplement. I'll try to remember to bring the info to work in case anyone is interested in what he recommends. I really respect this dentist and his opinions...very humble, intelligent, and scientific.

I will have to get Baker's book too so I can be caught up on the info everyone is discussing.

Thanks for sharing~

Tree

This is much better, so cool ... thank you all!! My friend at Whole Foods had me on this amino acid/vitamin 30 day cleanse, I ordered my DMSA and now we will see what we will see!

Laura said:
I wrote to the amazon seller where I got my dmsa before asking what was going on. Here's the response:

Hi Laura

The amazon store is having technical problems at the moment, its a problem amazon is working on. You can order directly from us at our other store front here.

http://dmsa.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=6673862

The price is a bit better and there is free shipping.

If you have any questions please just ask :)
regards
Kris

Hmmm, I get this message when I click on the link, let's hope it's only temporary:

"Unscheduled Downtime

eCRATER will be back soon ... assuming everything goes well"

Mrs. Peel said:
Laura said:
I wrote to the amazon seller where I got my dmsa before asking what was going on. Here's the response:

Hi Laura

The amazon store is having technical problems at the moment, its a problem amazon is working on. You can order directly from us at our other store front here.

http://dmsa.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=6673862

The price is a bit better and there is free shipping.

If you have any questions please just ask :)
regards
Kris

Hmmm, I get this message when I click on the link, let's hope it's only temporary:

"Unscheduled Downtime

eCRATER will be back soon ... assuming everything goes well"

I managed to log just now. So the Ecrater website seems to work again.

On Amazon.co.uk is a DMSA product called Chelation Support with 45 capsules costing £34.90 =38.96 euro( incl.p&p) although
there's no mention of how many milligrams per capsule. fwiw.

Have you also experience with intravenous DMSA? I am aware that this should be done a lot more carefully and under supervision of a doctor. But I was just thinking that the absorption rate of oral DMSA could be low, so that most of the invested money would literally go down the toilet.

Edit: I just found this:

http://www.dmsa-chelation.info said:
In healthy individuals, approximately 20 percent of an oral dose of DMSA is absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. Ninety-five percent of the DMSA that makes it to the bloodstream is bound to albumin. One of the sulfhydryls in DMSA binds to a cysteine residue on albumin, leaving the other S-H available to chelate metals. In healthy fasting men, 90 percent of the DMSA recovered in the urine was found to be mixed disulfides (where DMSA is attached to one or two cysteine molecules), and 10 percent was free unchanged DMSA. No mixed disulfides were found in the blood. It is thought these disulfides are formed as albumin releases DMSA in the kidneys.

There is no question that DMSA is more readily absorbed when it is taken on an empty stomach. However, some people experience gastric upset when they take DMSA apart from food, and that is more likely to occur in children. Therefore, caution and flexibility are required in regard to this.

But then, it just doesn't matter how much is absorbed, as long as it has an effect.

Gee, there is even a whole German book from a Dr. Dr. Nilius which tries to 'debunk' DMSA. It is called: "Schweres Gift: Die erhöhte Bindung von Schwermetallen an Hirngewebe durch die Entgiftung mit BAL, DMSA und DMPS" ("Heavy poison: The increased binding of heavy metals to the brain caused by detoxing with BAL, DMSA and DMPS"). This individual apparently received a science award, funded by -- guess by whom -- Dentsply, the world largest supplier of dental amalgam and other dental products.

So it really seems that big pharma wants DMSA out of the picture!

Homepage of Dr. Nilius with nice portrait: _http://www.maxfac.eu
The book: _http://www.amazon.de/Schweres-Gift-Schwermetallen-Hirngewebe-Entgiftung/dp/3828888720

Back
Top Bottom