Do some French people see what's going on? Yellow Vest Protests

Translated from French by Microsoft
I'm tired of the forces of law and order: some #policiers"feel #GiletJaune" #Police @alliancepolice all the #actu by #RTFrance: 📰 Actualité — RT en Français

Policiers en burn out et commissariats qui craquent : «Notre sécurité n'est plus assurée»
Translated from French
Burn out cops and police stations cracking: "Our security is no longer assured" #Police ➡️ Policiers en burn out et commissariats qui craquent : «Notre sécurité n'est plus assurée»
dff3ae8d161b908eecbbc51e9a828a48.png

Taken between the crossfire of terrorism, delinquency and social movements, the police stations continue to operate despite cruel lack of personnel that generate intense pressure on the police.

In the midst of social movements that cross the whole of France and subject the police to intense pressure, police officers show as many signs of shortness of breath as yellow vests. The interior minister, who has relied heavily on his peacekeepers in recent weeks, has agreed to meet with the majority unions in the sector on 18 December. But Christophe Castaner immediately set the limits of the framework of the discussion by stating at the microphone of BFMTV: "I do not believe that the police are Yellow Vests." These professional representatives however compete with shattering announcements on actions that flirt with the limits of the strike although such action is prohibited. The union VIGI, very unrepresentative within the police, even went so far as to announce an unlimited strike notice from 8 December.

But according to police officers in the field, the minister's reaction comes too late, anyway. The announcement repeated this December 18 by the government of a premium of 300 euros for staff mobilized during the events (attributable under certain time and calendar conditions) had already been made on the occasion of the lunch Emmanuel Macron in a barracks of CRS December 3 in the twentieth arrondissement of Paris. A CRS company had decided to give it up. A member of the police association UPNI, joined by RT France considers moreover that it is a "very bad message" to address to the Yellow Vests: "This dehumanizes still more the policemen and one does not have really you do not need that. "

Meanwhile, some police stations, especially in Paris, have to close at night, for lack of staff, when the agents of some others do not go out anymore on patrol.

The police station in Longjumeau in Essonne is a particularly shining example of what the men and women in blue face every day in a struggle that is becoming less and less silent to the point where the media are beginning to take an interest in it. In this police station, nothing goes more: according to police officers interviewed by RT France, out of 32 policemen holding land (police-relief and anti-crime brigade combined), 14 are currently on sick leave, despite the persistent delinquency and the crisis of Yellow vests.

On the other hand, local staff did not wait for recent union initiatives to strike the figure and suspend their patrols - that is, only to go out on call. This is already the situation in Longjumeau since long weeks. In this, this police station that goes wrong can be considered a forerunner in this area and its staff, out of breath, appear as whistleblowers.

The local hierarchy supports its teams, as well as the departmental director, the psychologist and the mayor of the city ... But nothing moves and the police flounder one after the other. Some begin to have suicidal thoughts.

Small police stations like ours are forgotten

Two members of the police force of this police station confided to RT France and described a "catastrophic" situation: "Two out of three day brigades are currently on sick leave. In three years, the situation has seriously deteriorated. For example, we did not have school trips [new recruits fresh out], except to fill the departures. Already at the time, when the community police disappeared, this brigade turned into a BAC [anti-crime brigade] by day and it has grown to seven, instead of eight, including two security assistants. They do what they can on the ground, but they do not have the same powers as the peacekeepers ... "

And yet there are plenty of problems on the ground and people are screaming for safety. One of the two police officers interviewed by RT France stressed the urgency of the situation in Longjumeau: "This is a difficult sector. This is the second narcotics trafficking platform on our department [Essonne]. However, Longjumeau has not been put in SUEP [sectors or priority management units, which attract applications from officials wishing to advance their career], and the working conditions are catastrophic ... "

I could not stand it anymore so I called my commander to tell him that I preferred to return my service weapon because I had suicidal urges

So, to continue to ensure a minimum of patrols during the day, colleagues arrange between them, even if they have to put their personal leave and mandatory training in the background. However, officials believe that a double standard applies to staffing police stations: "We must understand that small police stations such as ours are forgotten. At home, the night BAC turned four people three nights out of seven, now there are only three to do the same job, "laments a policeman Longjumeau.

His colleague nevertheless welcomes the values that the police know how to keep between them: "Our direct hierarchy supports us, among colleagues, there is a lot of solidarity and we continue to make the interpellation, the détrerrement, despite the difficulties to lead our mission. "

Our disarray was also noted by the psychiatrist, she is outraged

The problem of this poorly endowed police station is actually a classic of territorial issues in the police: the police station of Massy, first city of the department aspires vocations thanks to the SUEP status.

For example, the already assigned police officers in the sector, who are being cleared to work as an anti-crime squad (BAC), are faced with two choices: staying in a police station struggling for money and waiting for their clearance to become null and void. a year or ask for transfer to a police station that can accommodate them in a BAC.

Our security is no longer assured, especially during the day in drug trafficking areas. This is not important for the Ministry of the Interior apparently.

In addition, the lack of resources confronts police officers with another stumbling block in the police force; they no longer feel safe on the ground. "The context has changed a lot in ten years. Now, there are the attacks, the school protests more and more violent and recurrent. So no, our security is no longer assured, especially during the day in drug trafficking areas. We have a great feeling of insecurity. Our security is not important for the Ministry of the Interior apparently, "says one of the police officers interviewed.

So, in desperation and pushed to extremes, members of the security forces who can not strike or continue under these conditions accumulate work stoppages to avoid the end of case: "We are all out. We talked to our departmental director, but he himself told us that his hands were tied. Our dismay was also noted by the psychiatrist. She is outraged ... The mayor of Longjumeau [Sandrine Gelot, The Republicans-LR] also supports us. On the other hand, it's radio silence, "the other policeman complained.

Our personal life is impacted too. Sometimes we think of suicide. So we stop.

Another adds: "Our only way not to crack is the work stoppage. The commanding officer and the chief of service have asked for their transfers, and the officers usually get what they ask for ... We, no. We stay there. We were told to wait until June 2019 without knowing what will happen at that time. But for us, the speech of patience is heavy and it does not change anything. Our personal life is impacted too. Sometimes we think of suicide. So we stop. "

Stopping rather than going too far and committing the irreparable is the choice that one of these two policemen had to make: "I could not stand it anymore so I called my commander for him to say that I preferred to return my service weapon because I had suicidal impulses. I was taken on a date for two hours and was told, basically, "Take your day." Then I was given my weapon back to work. "

And if these police officers know they can count on a part of their hierarchy at the local level, they have no illusions about the consequences that will be given to their movement of distress: "In any case, we were sworn that we would be paid for our sick leave. "
When mayors must find solutions to overcome state deficiencies

Joined by RT France, the cabinet of Sandrine Gelot, Mayor LR of Longjumeau, recalled that the city had written an open letter to the Minister of the Interior on December 10, in which it drew the government's attention to the critical situation of residents of the neighborhood La Rocade-Bel Air who, faced with the crime of their residential area, "are exhausted, are afraid for themselves and their children, feel at the mercy of dealers and abandoned by the state."

Desert Hawk on Twitter
Video
#Rungis food market blocking of #YellowJackets in #Paris More updates follow (with some big surprise ..) #Resistance #GiletsJaunes #GiletsJaunesParis #GJ #18dicembre #France ..1:20 PM - 18 Dec 2018

I realize that it is just what’s been predicted, but is there a particular “France Situation & The Cs” discussion happening that I can read, just to hear everyone’s thoughts and interpretations on the matter and how it’s all unfolding? Or could someone post some links to highlight where this has been touched upon? Or, as this situation really blew up after the most recent session, maybe I should just wait for the next one?

I realize that it is just what’s been predicted, but is there a particular “France Situation & The Cs” discussion happening that I can read, just to hear everyone’s thoughts and interpretations on the matter and how it’s all unfolding? Or could someone post some links to highlight where this has been touched upon? Or, as this situation really blew up after the most recent session, maybe I should just wait for the next one?

I think it mirror's familiar issues in the states with more distraction's. Similar but different.

I highly recommend visiting and witnessing for yourself, Europe's political climates shift and ebb.
With a stop over in Russia as special treat. As Wave reading units.

https://www.politico.eu/article/6-summer-hotspots-for-european-politics-crises/

French riots? Here's the reality MSM will not show you... and there's good reason.

Video: Are the police joining the ranks of the Yellow vests? At St Isidore's headquarters, in Nice.

"Yellow vests": roundabouts evacuated in several regions

Roundabouts, occupied for weeks by "yellow vests" who had built wooden huts for sleeping or eating, were evacuated on Tuesday by police in several areas.

In the Gard, where mobilization has been strong since the beginning of the movement, the roundabouts evacuated by the police are immediately reoccupied by "yellow vests", particularly in Alès, where the ring road is regularly blocked.

The same determination was seen in Samazan (Lot-et-Garonne), south of Marmande: a camp of "yellow vests" at a roundabout near the A62 was dismantled by the gendarmes, but the demonstrators are planning to return.

In Gironde, three roundabouts, which have become important places for mobilisation since the beginning of the crisis, have been evacuated, while the "yellow vests" have left other roundabouts on their own after negotiation and "in a calm atmosphere", according to the prefecture.

In the Haut-Rhin, the "yellow vests" were called upon to dismantle their "solid" installations by Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning, while in Calais, the three main roadblocks established at strategic roundabouts, frequented by trucks bound for England, were cleared in a calm atmosphere on Tuesday evening. Angry and in protest against these dismantling operations, "yellow vests" have decided to start blocking the A16 between Boulogne-sur-Mer and Calais.

In Tours, the "yellow vests", received at the prefecture, pledged to lift their rally point on December 26, announced a leader of the movement. "It went better than we thought," said Jimmy, a YV.

In the morning, several dismantling operations had already been carried out by the police throughout France.

In the Côtes-d'Armor, several evacuations have taken place, particularly in Saint-Brieuc. "There's no way we're letting go today. What they do, it only reinforces anger," Tristan Lozach, one of the "yellow vests" present on site, told AFP, saying he was ready to spend Christmas at a roundabout. "There is no shortage of wood to build huts," he added.

Elsewhere in Brittany other roundabouts were also evacuated in a calm atmosphere on Tuesday.

- "Re-camping" -

In Saône-et-Loire, several "illegally installed barracks" were also dismantled during the night from Monday to Tuesday. About ten people were already present on Tuesday morning to "rebuild a camp but just based on boards and wood", Pierre-Gaël Laveder, a "yellow vest" from Montceau-les-Mines, told AFP.

In Normandy, three roundabouts around Rouen were evacuated, one of them twice during the day because it had reformed.

In the Hautes-Pyrénées, the installations at the Tarbes Est and Tarbes Ouest toll gates were dismantled overnight.

The evacuations of roundabouts and roads will continue, Interior Minister Christophe Castaner warned on Monday, highlighting the "eight deaths" that have occurred since the beginning of the movement.

According to police sources, evacuations will be carried out "on a case-by-case basis" and "at the discretion of the prefects".

On the other hand, no evacuation in sight on Tuesday in Vaucluse and Bouches-du-Rhône where "yellow vests" were gathering, particularly in Arles and La Ciotat, according to a police spokesman.

In Bandol (Var), where a toll gate was burned down during the night from Monday to Tuesday, Christian Secolo, unemployed and "yellow vest", said: "We are quite peaceful in our demands but it is something we can understand (editor's note: the toll fire) because we have already been expelled several times when we had done nothing".

The actions of the "yellow vests" are sometimes combined with other protest movements. Thus, on Tuesday morning in Nîmes, "yellow vests" were invited to a demonstration by farmers and winegrowers from the Gard who were protesting at the departmental council against "tax bludgeoning".

Some 200 "yellow vests" tried to use force in Biarritz (Pyrénées-Atlantiques) to disrupt a pre-G7 meeting scheduled for the end of August in that city. The police used tear gas and defensive bullet launchers.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

For those thinking that the protests may not make any long term changes, the attached is a document written by a lady who has been studying constitutional law, administrative law and international law. It's based around the situation in Australia, but many countries that have a constitution would probably have been through a similar process.

Basically Administrative Governments were set up to replace Constitutional Governments and then the Administrative Governments signed International Treaties and Statutes. The people of each country have, without their full knowledge or consent, agreed to contracts with the Administrative Governments and in those instances have basically lost access to constitutional rights, become citizens of the Administrative Government instead of Constitutional Nationals of their respective countries.

So the situation is that people are no longer constitutional subjects (because of contracts they've agreed to) and they are protesting to an Administrative Government in an attempt to have that Government act in a more constitutional fashion. An analogy, they've signed a contract to buy a Ford, walked into the Ford dealership and are jumping up and down because they are not being delivered a Mercedes. Prolly not going to happen outside of being thrown a few crumbs as appeasement so everyone can get back to business as usual.

With that in mind what's currently happening in France kind of seems like the Storming of the Bastille 2.0.

Attachments

• Flora News #30 The Australian Government.pdf
    317.1 KB · Views: 7
I found this interview of Macron on Forbes from May 2018:
The world took notice last year when Macron, at 39, became the youngest president ever elected in France. But his age is less important than his background: Before politics, Macron spent more than three years as an investment banker at Rothschild and also tried to develop an education startup. French politicians, from Chirac to Hollande, have blathered about reform for decades, only to succumb to pressure from change-averse pensioners and myopic unions. Macron gets it, and has staked his entire presidency on delivering. “Perhaps some of them will want to organize strikes for weeks or months. We have to organize ourselves,” the president says. “But I will not abandon or diminish the ambition of the reform, because there is no other choice."

Using executive orders, he’s quickly pushed through a raft of new employment laws, making it easier to hire—and fire. To add some honey to the medicine, he’s also put $18 billion into professional retraining over the next five years, including a controversial extension of unemployment insurance for France’s growing number of self-employed and small business owners. He’s slashing at taxes on wealth, capital gains and worker compensation, and “simplifying everything.”

How far is Macron willing to go? He reveals to Forbes that next year he intends to permanently end France’s notorious 30% “exit tax” on entrepreneurs who try to take money out of France—a tremendous disincentive for foreigners to start a business there and a strong incentive for French citizens to launch elsewhere. In doing so, he’s moving in the opposite direction of President Trump, who has gleefully threatened American companies who expand abroad and promised subsidies for those who stay.

“People are free to invest where they want,” says Macron. “If you want to get married, you should not explain to your partner, ‘If you marry me, you will not be free to divorce.’ I’m not so sure it is the best way to have a lady or a man who loves. So I’m for being free to get married and free to divorce.”

These enlightened policies come just in time. Demographically, France will surpass Germany as Europe’s most populous country within this generation, and it’s an educated lot, rating with the Continent’s best educated, with a slew of elite engineering schools to boot. “France is extremely well-positioned from a growth perspective,” says Jonas Prising, CEO of ManpowerGroup. At the same time, the competition is heading the wrong way: As it stumbles toward Brexit, Britain continues to deepen the largest self-inflicted wound in modern economic history. Merkel remains politically hobbled by her weakened coalition. And while Trump crows about the strong U.S. economy, his protectionist trade policies have more in common with Smoot and Hawley than with Reagan and Clinton.
https://www.forbes.com/feature/france-macron-station-f-entrepreneurship/#58c21209573a

What is the "exit tax"?
The law, in the mild name of "taxation of unrealized capital gains on the transfer by taxpayers of their tax domicile outside France", and more commonly known as "exit tax", is a tax created to fight against tax evasion.

Article updated on September, 17 2018:
From 1 January 2019, it will be replaced by "a targeted anti-abuse device, to fight against tax optimization," says the cabinet of the Minister of Economy, Bruno Le Maire, confirming information from the Echoes of September 15th. "The new system will target divestitures two years after leaving France to avoid the optimization behaviors of making short trips abroad to realize its added value," explains Bercy.

What are we talking about ? The exit tax target since 2011 taxpayers who hold more than 800 000 euros securities (shares, bonds) or half the capital of a company, and would be tempted to exile tax - especially in Belgium - to to sell their company without paying tax on the capital gain. The latter must declare their "latent" (theoretical) capital gains. If they sell their shares within fifteen years of leaving abroad, they will be taxed. But not in the opposite case. It is this length of time that the executive expects to cut short, in the 2019 Finance Bill, presented on September 24th.

A decision far from consensus. "Simplify the exit tax, which is a gas plant, why not? But two years, it seems short: any business owner can go take a studio in Belgium and leach its capital gains after this time, "
said LRM MP Emilie Cariou, also rapporteur of the bill on tax fraud.

The "exit tax" has reported to the State 138 million euros between 2012 and 2017, and concerned less than 400 people per year on average, according to Bercy. This is a tax deterrent, so performance by definition low, recall his supporters
DeepL/Google Translation
« Exit tax » : la volte-face du gouvernement

For those thinking that the protests may not make any long term changes, ...

With that in mind what's currently happening in France kind of seems like the Storming of the Bastille 2.0.

"who wants to take the blame , for a war threat" ?
I fear that the changes will be far too rapid and dramatic in terms of alternative understanding.
A referendum on mandatory brain scanning at the helm of institutions? Can we disconnect everything, media, TV, internet,...., even if only one day?
It's a war on the news, all right.

The implementation of the Macron Plan is criticized in the majority
Several elected Macronists have expressed reservations about the choice of using the activity bonus to give a "boost" to the smic.

What if, finally, some French people don't see the color of Emmanuel Macron's ads? Members of the majority are concerned about the implementation of the measures presented by the Head of State on 10 December to get out of the "yellow vest" crisis. At the weekly meeting of the deputies La République en march (LRM) at the National Assembly on Tuesday 18 December, in the presence of the Prime Minister, Edouard Philippe, several Macronist elected representatives expressed reservations about the choice to use the activity bonus to reflect the presidential promise to increase by 100 euros the salary of all workers at the smic.

The MP for Yvelines Aurore Bergé and her colleague from Deux-Sèvres, Guillaume Chiche, both spoke at this internal meeting to warn of the "complexity of the system", which will benefit only 55% of smicards on arrival, even though 1.2 million more households will also benefit from a "boost". "100% of people who earn the smic will not benefit from the activity bonus. Especially women," said Aurore Bergé. A system that will not be able to "faithfully transcribe the word of the President of the Republic, even if it makes it possible to go beyond that on low incomes," she regretted.

"In a sequence of mistrust towards elected officials, we cannot say that all smicards will have 100 euros more, while 45% will be excluded," said Guillaume Chiche, adding that it was necessary to "individualize the measure to free themselves from the reference tax household". When the income level of the entire household is taken into account, 1.2 million employees earning around the smic are excluded from the beneficiaries.
The complexity of the procedures criticised

The question of the non-automatic payment of this bonus was also debated. Several MEPs, including the one from Val-d'Oise Aurélien Taché, regret the complexity of the procedures for obtaining this assistance, paid by the Caisse nationale des allocations familiales (CAF). "The request to CAF is complicated. People are not going to receive because they are not going to ask for it. And among those who will ask for it, everyone may not have it...", he worries.

The day before, during the party's executive committee, LRM deputies Thomas Mesnier, Pierre Person and Guillaume Kasbarian also regretted the use of the activity bonus, considered complex and difficult to read. "It's a bad vehicle," says a chosen Macronist. When we talk about the revaluation of small incomes, the right vehicle is the increase in the smic. »

The other point of tension concerns how to make the cancellation of the CSG increase applicable to pensioners receiving less than €2,000. Among the majority, several MPs consider it "regrettable" that the beneficiaries of this measure will have to wait until July to benefit from the abolition of the CSG increase, initially announced for early 2019. "It is not normal to make people pay for six months before paying them back," said an elected official.

In general, several LRM MPs fear that the difficult implementation of the Head of State's promises will create disappointment among the French, who expect to receive this aid. "The risk is that some people will see a mess in Macron's ads, and think that in the end, they will not really get what they were promised," summarizes a pillar of the majority. Hence the commitment made by the President of the Assembly, Richard Ferrand, in an interview in the Journal du dimanche, published on 16 December. "There will be no rifle," he said, assuring that Mr. Macron's "commitment" to purchasing power "will be kept.
DeepL.
La mise en œuvre du plan Macron suscite des critiques dans la majorité

70% of the French still approve the movement of yellow vests, 54% want the mobilization to continue 70% des Français approuvent toujours le mouvement des gilets jaunes , 54% souhaitent que la mobilisation se poursuive - Fdesouche … via @f_desouche

If the goal is to "overthrow" Macron it is a trap to mix the fight against immigration in the fight of yellow vests. If the goal is to give impact to our themes it's a good thing.

So I put a simple message to say that I'm looking for a roommate in Paris and this is what the macronists answer. These hundreds of tweets of insults, threats, every day. These people are extremists, dangerous!

Was Cherif Chekatt aimed at journalists Davet and human? Cherif Chekatt visait-il les journalistes Davet et Lhomme ? - Fdesouche
Cherif Chekatt visait-il les journalistes Davet et Lhomme ? - Fdesouche

Migrants: On this subject also the French are not "intelligent" enough? (BVA Survey of 19/12/18).

Embezzlement of "My old man" by Daniel Guichard. Original Music: Jean Ferrat
Rewriting and Editing: Gaëtan T. and David B.
Interpretation: Gaëtan Thomas
The origin of the word "gueux"/beggar
The name was thrown to the petitioners of the noble compromise who, in Brussels, in the 16th century, launched a petition against the excesses of repression against Protestants and supporters of the old franchises of the Spanish Netherlands. Hence the word was taken as an insult that the petitioners took on board by organizing a beggar's banquet where they appeared disguised as poor with the motto "beggar to bag", meaning that they accepted to be stripped of their possessions rather than to withdraw.

Born of social, political and religious opposition to the authority of Philip II in Flanders and the Netherlands in the 16th century, the "beggar" movement expresses both popular discontent, responsible for the outbreak of iconoclasm, and the demands of nobles and Calvinists. Crushed in the southern provinces, the guerrillas developed in the north into a liberation war that led to the independence of Holland.

"The Yellow Vests are family, my family!"

They did not know each other a month ago but now say they are "a family". At the Tossiat tollbooth in the Ain, or at the roundabout in Feyzin, a suburb of Lyon, "yellow vests" "eat, talk, live together", forging new bonds in their precarious daily lives.

By Franck Grassaud (Tossiat) - AFP (Feyzin)
Published on 19/12/2018 at 10:54

Whether at the foot of the Feyzin refinery or below a motorway toll in Tossiat, the testimonies collected are always the same. The "yellow vests" refer to the family they found in the struggle.

Francis, 49, and Yacine, 29, are two figures of a wood and tarpaulin camp set up since November 21 along the A7 highway, facing the refinery's tanks. At first, we had to "tame each other" because the horizons, the opinions were multiple and the confidence not immediate, they say. It was also necessary to overcome the "embarrassment and shame" caused by financial difficulties.

For Yacine, former sales manager at Darty, who now works as a home help worker, "it came through discussion", which "broke down the barriers that have been erected between people for years".

"On social networks, you think you have friends but it's virtual! Here, we spend a lot of time talking about our lives, our paths. Some of them are spilling their guts. Macron wanted to bring the French together and they were brought together, but without him," adds Francis, a temp in petrochemicals.

Around a brazier, below the motorway access to the A42, Tossiat's "vests" are a handful to take turns night and day in their camp. After being dislodged from the toll, they settled in a state-owned right-of-way. A photocopy of the land register is posted at the entrance to their camp, as if to justify that this place is also theirs, that of citizens. From the road, you can barely see them, but the truckers, perched high in their cabin, honk their horns to show their support.

Every day, Sophie, who works in the plastics industry in Oyonnax, spends two or three hours here after work. "We found a family, it's my family," she explains. This "adventure" allowed her to observe "a great misery". "We know it exists, but seeing it makes you feel bad."

Odessa also comes after her work day as a waitress. Originally from Haute-Marne, she has just settled in the Ain region with her unemployed partner. From now on, she knows a lot of people in Bresse. "We're not here to make friends, let's not forget that we're against Macron, but we've met some great people," says the young woman.

"A better future"

In Feyzin, the camp also serves as a refuge for the homeless and roams are organized, as far as the centre of Lyon, to distribute the surplus of food donations, many. "There's a guy in a suit and tie who drives over in his Range Rover every day with a big bag of hot croissants," says Tony, 46, a former driver who now works in the trade.

Solidarity, again, when two badly parked "yellow vest" cars, during an impromptu visit to the Hôtel de Région, ended up at the pound and the fine had to be paid: in two hours, 330 euros were collected at the roundabout.

Even the police officers are putting some money in... Caroline, 28, a self-employed cleaner, did not like them first but ended up talking to them, even sharing her snack.

"Fraternity, mutual aid, that's what we found. We welcome people to whom no one spoke anymore. Anonymous pple, disabled, sick, those who don't have food, or who only eat every other time. Forgotten people who find here people to listen to them, not just ten minutes like at the counter. We can be proud of this yellow vest, we should wear it all the time on the street," says Francis.

"Like me," says Avelino, 63, who earns 1,245.78 euros net per month, memorized to the nearest cent, with his retirement pension as an electrician. Without a car, he comes every day from La Mulatière, higher on the A7, by train.

"All this happened naturally and that's what's beautiful," says Sarah, 28, a former unemployed Carrefour employee who has been involved since the beginning.

For her as for the others, the movement is not running out of steam and will continue no matter what: if they are dislodged by the police, the "yellow vests" will settle elsewhere.

Determined in their drive. "To the young people before, I told them:'Get out of this country'. Today, I think to myself that we may be building a better future for them," says one of them.

And what about a boycott ? The great majority of the YV and those who support them are still consummers. Let's say that we only buy the minimum necessary : a little bit of happy sobriety can't hurt. Large purchases could be postponed as much as possible. I know it's totally stupid to propose a stuff like this on Christmas Eve, but it might be cool to start it in January, for example. Effective, durable and totally non-violent, but which stings where it hurts.

On the media side, we are assured that the police unions have "won":
Jusqu'à 150 euros net de plus par mois : accord trouvé sur la hausse des salaires des policiers
But on the other hand, some in the police do not seem to agree: rigging of professional elections, personal support from management to ministers:
VIGI (@VIGI_MI) | Twitter
Yesterday @CCastaner offered @alliancepolice @UNITESGPPOLICE @UNSAPOLICE a bone to chew on the brand new carpets of @Elysee. For our part we want purchasing power and we call for support for Blue Gyros and Yellow Vests

Attention some unions have made a commitment to serve people, rather than the people. But not all of them. For our part, we apply section 12 of #DDHC1789 (Article 12 of the Declaration of Human Rights):
Thanks to our fellow police officers and gendarmes for their availability, cold bloodedness and mastery over the past six weeks throughout the country. You all honour the commitment we have made: to serve @CCastaner @NunezLaurent @DGPNEricMorvan

And with this banner:
The majority unions of the CEA, which are thanks to electoral fraud, negotiated for us. They boast with an increase of about 125€/month over 1 year, if ever the increase of the ISSP was not the one already planned, for a part of the staff.

b2ap3_large_950-x-500-gyro-bleu-gilet-jaune.png

Back
Top Bottom