Do some French people see what's going on? Yellow Vest Protests

Not to forget by the way that it's not only the Black Block and other extrem Left groups but also, and even more or at least equally, the "Ultra Right" which is in front of the violence within the YV movement...

Like predators around a shoal of sardines...
Ballet de prédateurs autour d'un banc de sardines
But the French people continue to stubbornly support the YV movement :
Gilets jaunes : les Français toujours favorables au mouvement 3 mois après
Twelve weekends of mobilization and continued strong public support. According to two surveys published this week, the yellow vests still have a good image among the French. Almost two out of three French people (64%) continue to "support" the movement, two more points in one month, and 77% (+3) consider their mobilization justified, according to a YouGov poll released on Thursday. 32% (-2) of respondents did not support the movement. For 52% (+4), the Yellow Vests should not stop their mobilization during the great national debate, against 36% (-2) of a contrary opinion, according to this survey for the Huffington Post and CNews.
And always misinformation...
Ce sondage qui détruit Macron et que les médias vous cachent
The IFOP places Macron at 34%, a fine lie.

POLITICS - What happened to the slogan "and from the right, and from the left"? While the latest figures in social-ecology, Nicolas Hulot followed by his right-hand man Matthieu Orphelin, abandoned the LREM ship, Captain Emmanuel Macrongarde turned right in the yellow vest storm.

The refusal to reverse the suppression of SIW, combined with a polarized debate between republican policing and police violence, makes a President of the Republic appear more upright in his boots than ever. And this is reflected in his image.

After the fall slump in the autumn, then the January upswing thanks to the return of the Christmas truce, Emmanuel Macron's popularity stagnated in February at a modest 21% score of favourable opinions in the monthly YouGov barometer conducted for Le HuffPost and CNews.

An article that gives some food for thought and that nicely complements the latest NewsReal about the YV movement:

The Yellow Vests' choice: populist revolution or globalist counter-revolution

The nature of the Yellow Vests movement is changing, mainly in cities. While at the beginning, the whole left classified this movement as far right - let us remember Philippe Martinez, leader of the CGT (trade union) forbidding his militants to join the YVs, or leftist Clémentine Autain explaining that she would not hang out with the far right - we are now witnessing a real takeover bid, and the total transformation of the original objectives, to the great pleasure of Macron and the system.

Thus, on February the 5th, the same CGT, supported by the Insoumis and the NPA (far-left parties), called for a general strike that could be extended, and parts of the Yellow Vests seemed ready to sacrifice their independence and join them. Can we imagine Eric Drouet (one of the "leaders" of the YVs), who was photographed with Raquel Garrido (spokesperson of the Insoumis), daring to take a selfie with Marine (Le Pen), or with Nicolas Dupont-Aignan? And yet, the latter, who have supported the movement since the beginning, would have more legitimacy parading about with the most prominent man in the Yellow Vests than the Insoumis....

Macron and his gang, supported by timid Yellow Vests spokespersons, have decided, in this movement, to ban any discussion on immigration, while the cost of this scourge, with newcomers mainly Muslim, is worsening the living conditions of the Yellow Vests, something Marine Le Pen has the courage to say, by demanding a referendum on immigration. Of course, the social aspect is important, but we must not let the left forbid the discussion about the question of identity, and therefore the migratory invasion.

In cities like Toulouse or Bordeaux, we see the extreme left, followed by the left, leading the movement, and driving away, by their methods and violence, the Yellow Vests who had identified with a popular and patriotic movement. Of course, the [Macron] regime is delighted with this turnaround, and happy to have state representatives with whom it is used to negotiate, and whom it can buy (see, for ie, the privileged status of the trade union leaders).

Does this mean that the movement is deliberately scuttled from the inside, and therefore totally destroyed? That would be ignoring the depth of the revolt in the rural world, the 5 million forgotten French people who live on less than 700 euros per month, and French people who earn 1000, 2000, 3000 or 5000 euros per month and who have identified, in their own way, with Yellow Vests. These people have flown the flags, sung La Marseillaise, and, despite the leftist political enforcers who have imposed themselves on several roadblocks, they have not hesitated, among themselves, to talk about the harmful effects of immigration, the cost of the migratory invasion, and those billions that should go into their pockets, rather than those of the newcomers.

Faced with a movement of a revolutionary nature, the left and the far left are perfectly playing their role as a crutch of the globalist system, and are openly working for counter-revolution against the Yellow Vests, whose original claims, it should be recalled, were aimed neither at the RIC (popular referendum), nor at the ISF (Solidarity tax on wealth, which brings in only 4 billion) but at too many income taxes and too many taxes, which challenged the State apparatus and the policy of the globalists, by attacking the cost of two pillars of the system: the illusion of climate emergency and the need for immigration, and of course, let's not forget the exorbitant price that the State charges the Yellow Vests, in order to feed the privileged and the parasites well.

This regime has started a death struggle against this movement, which is revolutionary in essence, and it will stop at nothing to crush it.
Between the Yellow Vests and Macron, there is one too many...

We're seeing an increase in attacks, gratuitous violence against police officers which increases the repression against the Yellow Vests, burned cars, destroyed shops, and the rise of a segment of the population against this type of demonstrators. It is in this context that we must understand the particularly disgusting attack on the journalist Vincent Lapierre, which happened in Toulouse during Act XII.

Obviously, with the sense of irony that characterizes him, our founder Pierre Cassen […] could not miss these acts of violence, and had a go at the antifas. He points out, above all, the complicity of the regime, which uses leftists to break this movement, and discredit it in the eyes of the French. We are in a context where, everywhere in the world, people are rebelling against the left and against globalists. France could not be an exception. The Yellow Vests will therefore be torn between populist revolution and globalist counterrevolution, the latter embodied by the left and the far left. It is up to us to do our best to make sure that it goes in the right direction.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Last edited:
Food for thought comes with looking right and left and avoiding a black or white thinking.
The French government has been trying to discredit the YV by letting people believe that it is an extreme right movement. And indeed a lot of the violence is done by identified far right groups.
Why do you, Adaryn, focalize on the leftists infiltration, kind of ignoring its opposite, which is factual ?
People in the YV movement come from all areas, wether political or geographical. And most of them are aware of the infiltrations from both sides. And they don't agree with this situation...

Why do you, Adaryn, focalize on the leftists infiltration, kind of ignoring its opposite, which is factual ?
Adaryn shared an article stating that the antifas were infiltrating the YV. What's wrong with that?

Why do you suggest Adaryn 'is kind of ignoring' infiltration by the ultra-right?

Instead why don't you share article/data illustrating such an infiltration?

Food for thought comes with looking right and left and avoiding a black or white thinking.
The French government has been trying to discredit the YV by letting people believe that it is an extreme right movement. And indeed a lot of the violence is done by identified far right groups.

It's not so-called ultra right groups who assaulted Vincent Lapierre last week, or who attacked the facade of the National Assembly this afternoon - to mention their most recent 'feats'.

I have searched through the Internet for solid evidence of systematic violence committed by the so-called "far right" during the rallies, and I haven't found anything conclusive, except for a few hooligans arrested and condemned for tagging some building during a YV rally last december.

It's true that there seems to be some kind of underground war going on between the antifas/black blocs and the so-called ultra-right groups, but notice that more often than not, it's the antifas who provoke the ultra-right groups and violently attack them, booting them from the YV rallies - which, as any French citizen, they have every right to attend.

Don't fall for the MSM's propaganda about a so-called 'infiltration' of the movement by the 'ultra-right'. I find it silly to talk about "infiltration", BTW. The YV is not a political party, they have no 'official ideology'. A lot of YVs support what is called 'far right values' (it seems that, today, being against mass migration and having a patriotic mindset is enough to be qualified as 'far right', which, for the MSM, really means 'nazi')… so what? I don't see that as a bad thing, on the contrary.

Antifas/the far left, on the other hand, are another kettle of fish - but by now, there is enough evidence that they're used by the system to undermine the YVs, so no need to labour the point.

Violence broke out for the 13th week in Paris as riot police took on yellow vest protesters.

Feb. 9, 2019 - Protester loses hand in 'gilets jaunes' demonstration
Protester loses hand in 'gilets jaunes' demonstration

In the midst of tear gas and baton charges, one protester lost a hand in horrific circumstances.

The cause of the injury has not been confirmed but eyewitness claim he picked up a tear gas grenade that exploded in his hand.
Police say he is being treated in hospital.

Published on Feb 9, 2019 (1:00 min.)

Adaryn shared an article stating that the antifas were infiltrating the YV. What's wrong with that?

Why do you suggest Adaryn 'is kind of ignoring' infiltration by the ultra-right?

Instead why don't you share article/data illustrating such an infiltration?
Saying that after Adaryn disliked my previous post, where I was pointing to the fact that there are also far right groups into the YV violence, at least equally with far left ones.
There are lots of articles and videos on the Web to show this. But why sharing it when it is easy to find it and anyway it will be even easier to say that it comes from some kind of manipulation from the government, leftists or who knows who ?
And it's more or less the same that one could say about the articles or videos Adaryn provided, from an opposite point of view.
It doesn't mean anything other than : let's keep looking right and left and avoiding a black or white thinking...

...no need to labour the point.
If it is clear for you...
I could say exactly the opposite to your statement : "A lot of YVs support what is called 'far left values'… so what? I don't see that as a bad thing, on the contrary". But it would only be to tease you somehow :cool2:
Thanks anyway for your answer Adaryn

Here some GJ try to enter the General Assembly.

I ask myself: where this will end? How this will end? The more the time passes the more the situation is dangerous. Will they wait a point where the army will come to the streets? What is waiting this team of politicians in France? Is Macron sleeping well?

There are lots of articles and videos on the Web to show this. But why sharing it when it is easy to find it and anyway it will be even easier to say that it comes from some kind of manipulation from the government, leftists or who knows who ?
Why don't you share those sources anyways? Then we can discuss it. After all that's the essence of this forum: building together an objective view of the world, including the YV movement.

Esote said:
Saying that after Adaryn disliked my previous post, where I was pointing to the fact that there are also far right groups into the YV violence, at least equally with far left ones.

Esote, I disliked your post because I disagreed that there is at least equal violence (you even wrote "even more" violence) from the far right than from the antifas. I haven't see evidence of that, at least for now - even though, as already pointed out in my previous post, it seems some kind of war's going on between those 2 groups, and the situation is deteriorating (see below).
You say that it's necessary to look right and left, but I don't think you're doing that. Based on your previous posts in this thread (about migrants, for ie), it seems you're biased towards leftist views. Well, you could say I'm (currently) biased towards rightist views and you'd be right (;-)). It's because there's a clear imbalance right now, where leftism is the dominant ideology, and the far right really gets a bad press. If, at some point, the far right becomes the dominant ideology and really goes over the top/gets heavily ponerized (like the left has been), I'll adjust my thinking and will point out how the far right has gone astray. But for now, the "enemy" is the far left. I don't see the point in beating the far right's (almost) dead horse, the MSM are already doing it very well.
An old article from 2016 (in French) that might interest you: The self-proclaimed antifas serve the established order
---------------

Banks were targeted by troublemakers in Paris yesterday:

Pitched battle between antifa "YVs" and far right "YVs" yesterday:

Message from the Black blocs:

"Dear YVs who don't want us, we (??) This world makes no sense so we're fighting. We're taking risks, it's a job, it's scary. We do this so that our lives and yours become bearable. Our violence is an answer to theirs. We're together. (???) At the very least, respect our actions. Even better, join us. There is no other way… Sincerely, and still as Black blocs as ever."

These cops are so well hiden under their helmet. Will not be surprised that many of them are recent migrants, M's "european army".
Why do EU needs an army? who is their ennemy?

Very good thinking.
Since they are in NATO I also didn't see why they needed an army and when you had that question "who is their enemy?" the answer that came to me was IMO "their people"

Why don't you share those sources anyways? Then we can discuss it. After all that's the essence of this forum: building together an objective view of the world, including the YV movement.
Keeping on arguing about the violent groups in the YV demonstrations would be useless IMO.

Since Adaryn's answers and links I can understand that Antifas and Black Blocks seem to be more active than Far Right groups (which may be very dangerous nonetheless).
Anyway most of the YV people have nothing in common with these extremists...

An old article from 2016 (in French) that might interest you: The self-proclaimed antifas serve the established order
It makes sense !

Back
Top Bottom