Donald Trump wins 2016 US presidential election

Ha, seems like another hit for the Cs. Here in Germany, politicians across the spectrum are already in panic mode. Meanwhile, Snoop Dog praises the legalization of Marijuana in California (there was a parallel referendum) with the hash tag #smokeweedeveryday. What a show.

Wisconsin just put Trump over the top with 276 electoral votes.

It looks like he'll win Michigan (16 votes), Arizona (11) and Alaska (3) as well, for a veritable landslide total of 306 electoral votes.

According to NBC, Hillary has just phoned Trump personally to admit her defeat. Better than a soap opera indeed!

Laura said:
It's like so awesome that Killary did NOT win. That's the main good thing about it because, as I wrote very early in this thread, Trump is more like Hitler than Killary, and the dynamics all seem to be similar to Hitler's surprising win against the establishment. They can manipulate a LOT of votes, but not all. And from what I was hearing, there was unprecedented turnout: the people really have asked for Trump and for good or ill, they've got him.

Now, the only campaign promise I'd like to see fulfilled is that he arrest the Clintons and drain that swamp in D.C.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall wherever Killary is. That woman deserved being trounced if anybody ever did.

As already noted in a previous post (think it was griffin): now Obama and the gang will be working like mad to booby trap everything before Trump takes office in January.

Anyway, as has already been said, now there will be no war with Russia which is a good thing. I'll be interested to see how the NATO chumps start acting now that their big backer is gonna go South.

Anyway: I know it is unseemly and all that, but I can't help feeling satisfaction that Killary, that eeeeevil murdering psychopath, did NOT get her "dream". Gaddafi must be cheering on the other side, too, rest his soul.

Agree on all points. I also feel like this is a significant turning point of the likes we haven't seen since 9-11 -- the following weeks and months are going to be really interesting to observe. I can't help but wonder what's going on among the Israeli elite right now. For this brief moment in time, though, I'm really enjoying the fact that Hillary didn't get what I'm sure she saw as rightfully hers.

Laura said:
It's like so awesome that Killary did NOT win. That's the main good thing about it because, as I wrote very early in this thread, Trump is more like Hitler than Killary, and the dynamics all seem to be similar to Hitler's surprising win against the establishment. They can manipulate a LOT of votes, but not all. And from what I was hearing, there was unprecedented turnout: the people really have asked for Trump and for good or ill, they've got him.

Now, the only campaign promise I'd like to see fulfilled is that he arrest the Clintons and drain that swamp in D.C.
[..]
Anyway: I know it is unseemly and all that, but I can't help feeling satisfaction that Killary, that eeeeevil murdering psychopath, did NOT get her "dream".

Woke up this morning and heard the results, gotta say I am also feeling the same way about this all. It feels fairly unreal still though and hasn't quite sunken in yet. Trump is just such a laughing stock, that to think that he has made his way into presidency is totally weird. Again, pretty unreal. A sign of the times indeed. Will be very interesting to see how this all plays out with Russia, China, and US' position in the Middle east.

I just really hope he keeps to his word and sticks that witch and her cronies in prison where they belong. That'll bring me pleasure to watch

Interesting 'turn' of events to wake up to. Good, hopefully, about less warmongering with Russia thankfully. Hope that evil witch and her cronies get their just desserts. Either way USA is getting thwarted everywhere now on their 'foreign policy'. Now to see if there is any social unrest in USA after this 'event'.

Hope the exposure of the media takes a turn for the better for the American people to start waking up. They don't know what a 'sane' president looks like and Trump is a loose cannon. So same old show and expectations I guess.

In Trump's acceptance speech he talked of seeking "common ground and not hostilities", and it was quite conciliatory in tone. These are interesting times indeed, and time will tell if his actions match his words. Can't wait until Trump and Putin talk and meet up.

Anyway: I know it is unseemly and all that, but I can't help feeling satisfaction that Killary, that eeeeevil murdering psychopath, did NOT get her "dream". Gaddafi must be cheering on the other side, too, rest his soul.

I feel a sense of relief and satisfaction too that Clinton hasn't become the 45th US president, but I am sure there will be recriminations to come. The depth of animosity towards Clinton and the 'Establishment' was perhaps a significant sentiment among voters I think.

Donald Trump - US President....who would have thought that 18 months ago when this farcical democratic circus began. :shock:

Adaryn said:
According to NBC, Hillary has just phoned Trump personally to admit her defeat. Better than a soap opera indeed!

According to Trump, what she said exactly was that she was "calling to congratulate us". Whether that can be read as stubborn narcissism or as collusion I'm not sure, but I thought it was an interesting choice of words.

Right now, I'm watching a bunch of corporate media who until earlier today were vilifying Trump doing a complete about-face and more or less kissing his butt. I'm sure Trump supporters are gratified, but I find it rather chilling.

The main thing is that people didn't chose the absolute dark. Trump is shady, but not black hole dark as Clinton is. Probably more timelines for the future are opened with this.

Ding Dong the Witch Is Gone! Hopefully to some high security prison down the road.

As for the rest, we shall see. Donald's victory speech was ok, he spoke about uniting the people of America, finding a common ground with other nations, rebuilding the infrastructure, fixing the economy, and creating jobs. All these would be doable if he was actually the commander in chief.

I don't think he would (if it was up to him) go to war with Russia and/or China. He is a fun loving man, enjoying all the perks that come with being rich and famous, he likes the good life, his women, etc. Unlike Clinton who is more about the power grab, even if that means parts of America are scorched. I don't think Hitler shared this love of the good life as Trump does either. And Trump wants people to love him, and keep loving him, so he might try to meet some of the real needs of the US citizens.

The "What next?" will be very interesting to observe indeed.

Keyhole said:
Woke up this morning and heard the results, gotta say I am also feeling the same way about this all. It feels fairly unreal still though and hasn't quite sunken in yet. Trump is just such a laughing stock, that to think that he has made his way into presidency is totally weird. Again, pretty unreal. A sign of the times indeed.

My sentiments too. It's good to at least see that Devil Woman lose (and would LOVE to see her really go down), but you know what they say about the Devil you DON'T know... We'll see!

Avala said:
The main thing is that people didn't chose the absolute dark. Trump is shady, but not black hole dark as Clinton is. Probably more timelines for the future are opened with this.

I think it was more than this. People didn't just choose a lesser evil. I really got the sense people rejected the greater evil. I guess that is kind of a "Is the glass half full or half empty" sort of thing. I think there was a lot of "I don't know what Trump will bring, but I know I hate what we have" sort of thing too.

But, the best part was watching all the newspeople on TV absolutely melting down as this thing unfolded. It was priceless. Almost all the women commentators seemed to be anticipating a Clinton win and when it was not happening their faces grew soooo long and their eyes sunk into their skulls and glazed over and they became depressed and bitchy while a couple of them seemed on the verge of tears and acute emotional instability. It was epic! The male announcers became surly and irritable and almost pouty. Truly entertaining! No matter what Trump does, it will be much more entertaining than a Hillary presidency. The guy is, after all, a showman, if nothing else. His "walk up to the podium" theme music was absurdly pompous and overblown. It was grand theater Las Vegas style. And yes, he has the Mussolini thing down perfect.

And, yes, I DO realize this could all go very badly, in the end.

Back
Top Bottom