Donald Trump wins 2016 US presidential election

Now the show is over and it looks the end of the status quo on many fronts including politics, markets at least on the face value. Well, we thought the same with Obama and it didn't last longer. All these old electronic voting machine rigging stories made any thing possible for Clinton. I guess real controllers gave up on Clinton. We will have to see what is next.

In a message to Donald Trump, Russian President Vladimir Putin has expressed confidence that the dialogue between Moscow and Washington, in keeping with each other’s views, meets the interests of both Russia and the US.

Putin also expressed hope over the joint efforts on bringing Russian-American relations out of their current crisis.

DETAILS TO FOLLOW

https://www.rt.com/news/365966-putin-trump-congratulates-victory/

BHelmet said:
I think it was more than this. People didn't just choose a lesser evil. I really got the sense people rejected the greater evil. I guess that is kind of a "Is the glass half full or half empty" sort of thing. I think there was a lot of "I don't know what Trump will bring, but I know I hate what we have" sort of thing too.

But, the best part was watching all the newspeople on TV absolutely melting down as this thing unfolded. It was priceless. Almost all the women commentators seemed to be anticipating a Clinton win and when it was not happening their faces grew soooo long and their eyes sunk into their skulls and glazed over and they became depressed and bitchy while a couple of them seemed on the verge of tears and acute emotional instability. It was epic! The male announcers became surly and irritable and almost pouty. Truly entertaining! No matter what Trump does, it will be much more entertaining than a Hillary presidency. The guy is, after all, a showman, if nothing else. His "walk up to the podium" theme music was absurdly pompous and overblown. It was grand theater Las Vegas style. And yes, he has the Mussolini thing down perfect.

And, yes, I DO realize this could all go very badly, in the end.

Thanks for this description of the news coverage (would have loved to have seen THAT!) and thoughtful remarks. I agree: it was a rejection of known evil.

So, we have a new chapter in the soap opera: a new player has come on the scene! Let's sit back and enjoy the show!

My gosh, what an update to wake up to. Well it is good news to hear ding dong the witch is dead. So the freak show continues with Trump at centre stage :evil:

Laura said:
Thanks for this description of the news coverage (would have loved to have seen THAT!) and thoughtful remarks. I agree: it was a rejection of known evil.

So, we have a new chapter in the soap opera: a new player has come on the scene! Let's sit back and enjoy the show!

For any student of body language and facial expression tonight was solid gold. I had the remote TV clicker and was bounding from one stunned TV anchor to the next. All the wonderful descriptors applied: flummoxed, bewildered, what's the yiddish word? "farmisht".

You could see it in their furrowed brows: "This...this.....isn't happening......this... CAN'T be happening.....OMG! this COULD BE happening......Uh.... Oh no ....this....IS.....happening.... (and all my prepared notes fawning over Hillary are now out the window AND I have to try to say something nice about HIM) .... uhhhhhhh I just can't make myself do it!!"

so classic

On one channel the dudes sitting around the discussion table were acting like they were at a wake. I am surprised nobody pulled out a bottle of Scotch right on the air and offered a teary-eyed eulogy to the deceased.

A real-life in-the-moment thing of absolute beauty. As I watched this go down, I have to admit, I was almost giddy with delight at times, since at the start of the night I was fully expecting a Hillary win.

After a whole lot of Trump ridiculing and bashing at the beginning of this thread, I checked in on page 8 and wrote:

Laura said:
I tell ya, the Weimar Republic peeps tried to stop Hitler in every way. Sensible people kept saying "he can't win - he's a violent clown..." But he did. Hitler was legitimately elected.

How long before angry and violent Trump supporters (a goodly portion of the USA) start wearing matching shirts so they can recognize each other at rallies? Think Brownshirts.

Nobody wants Hillary for president - she's connected to Bill and she's a woman to boot. So if it comes down to her and him, he will definitely win. If Hillary would just get out of the way, Bernie could run against Trump with Hillary as VP. THAT might work. But their egos won't let them do anything rational.

And the Cs said Trump would win too.

I shoulda put money on it.

Laura said:
I was tempted last night and regret not sticking £10 on for the hell of it :thdown:. The odds were massively in favour of Hilary at 1.2 whereas they were 5.8 for Trump.

After this recent FBI stuff, with Comey coming out saying there was nothing on those emails... it really made me think that she would come out on top by a rigged vote with the support from the PTB. Turns out things didn't play out like that after all.

Laura said:
I woke up this morning and knew Trump had won. I checked, and sure enough.

It's like so awesome that Killary did NOT win. That's the main good thing about it because, as I wrote very early in this thread, Trump is more like Hitler than Killary, and the dynamics all seem to be similar to Hitler's surprising win against the establishment. They can manipulate a LOT of votes, but not all. And from what I was hearing, there was unprecedented turnout: the people really have asked for Trump and for good or ill, they've got him.

Now, the only campaign promise I'd like to see fulfilled is that he arrest the Clintons and drain that swamp in D.C.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall wherever Killary is. That woman deserved being trounced if anybody ever did.

As already noted in a previous post (think it was griffin): now Obama and the gang will be working like mad to booby trap everything before Trump takes office in January.

Anyway, as has already been said, now there will be no war with Russia which is a good thing. I'll be interested to see how the NATO chumps start acting now that their big backer is gonna go South.

Anyway: I know it is unseemly and all that, but I can't help feeling satisfaction that Killary, that eeeeevil murdering psychopath, did NOT get her "dream". Gaddafi must be cheering on the other side, too, rest his soul.

Last night I had the same thought that Trump would win. I really hope Trump would start that investigation of Hillary and put her in jail!

Regarding him as President, I'm not going to be hopeful that he will start making things better for Americans (all of them), after all, actions speak louder. But I sure am happy as well that Killary didn't win! It'll be interesting to see how things will develop.

Side-note: Apparently the Canadian immigration site has crashed!

Keyhole said:
Laura said:
I was tempted last night and regret not sticking £10 on for the hell of it :thdown:. The odds were massively in favour of Hilary at 1.2 whereas they were 5.8 for Trump.

Same here. Two weeks ago I coulda got 6/1 on Trump, but I didn't have the money to lose :lol: Would've sorted my December.

Anam Cara said:
In Trump's acceptance speech he talked of seeking "common ground and not hostilities", and it was quite conciliatory in tone. These are interesting times indeed, and time will tell if his actions match his words. Can't wait until Trump and Putin talk and meet up.

Yes, watched that as well and it was a very softly-softly tone throughout. It sure will be interesting when Trump and Putin meet, it will be interesting too if and when all the US positions of support for terror abroad are unwound. We’ll see on that though. It would be interesting too if that does happen to see Trump’s actions towards Saudi & Co though.

From a brief glimpse of social media here this morning people are in shock/OMG mode, and there‘s been such media bias toward Killary that the "well at least we won’t have WWIII with Russia" (just yet at least) seems a bit of a stretch, especially since everyone has been programmed to believe Russia are the bad guys anyway.

Chu said:
Keyhole said:
Woke up this morning and heard the results, gotta say I am also feeling the same way about this all. It feels fairly unreal still though and hasn't quite sunken in yet. Trump is just such a laughing stock, that to think that he has made his way into presidency is totally weird. Again, pretty unreal. A sign of the times indeed.

My sentiments too. It's good to at least see that Devil Woman lose (and would LOVE to see her really go down), but you know what they say about the Devil you DON'T know... We'll see!

zerohedge tweeted (jokingly?) "Wall Street wants a refund for its speeches"
Given how quickly ex 'leaders' seem to age when the plug is pulled and they are no longer useful, hopefully it won't take long for her to go fully under.

Laura said:

It's going to be fun to watch his ego potentially clash with the PTB.
Speaking of which, the US Senate and Congress are also under Republican control.

Larry King was discussing Trump on RT's coverage (they're friends), he described him as having the biggest ego on the planet, and that he's actually quite intelligent (not a buffoon).

Anam Cara said:
In a message to Donald Trump, Russian President Vladimir Putin has expressed confidence that the dialogue between Moscow and Washington, in keeping with each other’s views, meets the interests of both Russia and the US.

Putin also expressed hope over the joint efforts on bringing Russian-American relations out of their current crisis.

DETAILS TO FOLLOW

https://www.rt.com/news/365966-putin-trump-congratulates-victory/

I wonder how quickly Trump is now nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize! Obama - the deadliest President of them al so far was certainly whisked through! Then Saudi for Human Rights! Well if Trump can have some great talks and listen to Putin he may have a chance to get the Peace reward for the right reasons - especially if Russia back him up through RT with all the right reportage for the peeps that are now not trusting the media!

Would love to know what the C's take on this is.
But to hope Trump can outsmart his controllers, and still keep alive, to possibly emulate Kennedy and coddle the love of his supporters (to stroke his ego, of course), is very high hopes. However, Putin, Lavrov etc are very good judges of character - they will know which 'buttons' to press. For the good of all.
I still hope that this is yet another nail in the coffin of the ptb if the current tide of unrest in Amerikka is handled the right way - and quickly. Perhaps this is one of those wake-up 'shocks' needed? All the instability and signs are there :-)

Alada said:
Yes, watched that as well and it was a very softly-softly tone throughout. It sure will be interesting when Trump and Putin meet, it will be interesting too if and when all the US positions of support for terror abroad are unwound. We’ll see on that though. It would be interesting too if that does happen to see Trump’s actions towards Saudi & Co though.

Yes, if Putin is smart (and we know he is), he will treat Trump like a king and play his ego. I always thought that's what he did with Germany's ex-chancellor Gerhard Schröder, who has a huge ego as well and was a willing minion for the PTB when in office. But Putin really played him IMO, talking about a 'friendship between men' etc., and now Schröder is on the Russian side, lobbying for them in the business sphere etc.

Let's not forget our friends in the deep state though. I think it's not unlikely that they want to continue with their 'meet the new boss, same as the old boss, only worse' game that they have been playing for so long. Or they will change their game and replace the current batch of elites. Or downright fascism, with Alex Jones getting his own TV channel :)

Wait and see / enjoy the show I guess!

The one thing that IMO stood out in Trump's recent victory speech was his stance on foreign policy. He stressed the importance of building relationships with other countries and stop hostilities and conflicts. This is a powerful statement that was clearly directed at the establishment, telling them that he wants things to change with regard to the US foreign policy.

It will be interesting to see the PTB reaction and what measures they are going to take to try to put him in line and continue with their existing imperialistic agenda.

Trump Victory Speech Full Transcript

We have a great economic plan. We will double our growth and have the strongest economy anywhere in the world. At the same time, we will get along with all other nations willing to get along with us. We will be. We will have great relationships. We expect to have great, great relationships.

No dream is too big, no challenge is too great. Nothing we want for our future is beyond our reach.

America will no longer settle for anything less than the best. We must reclaim our country's destiny and dream big and bold and daring. We have to do that. We're going to dream of things for our country, and beautiful things and successful things once again.

I want to tell the world community that while we will always put America's interests first, we will deal fairly with everyone, with everyone. All people and all other nations.

We will seek common ground, not hostility; partnership, not conflict.

Back
Top Bottom