Dutroux Cover-up Protected Pedophile Networks

Daenerys said:
Could a suite of videos be made in regards to self help based on our psychology books and spiritual truths and psychopathy be made? Yup. Then they would have a choice, where right now there is not one as a stepping stone.

I would be happy to help out doing a video, on the technical end. Perhaps we (anyone interested) could get together in another thread and distill some of the psychology to a simpler message and script? I've been thinking about doing this but my authoring/distillation skills are not too good yet.

My compulsion, if you will, is because I know what it is like to be very damaged and have no one who is in any way stable to listen or offer any type of help to someone who IS asking. It is not a matter of one who is not asking. It usually starts by the simple request of asking to be LISTENED to. Validated. Heard. The when one feels one is heard, one does ask questions. Simple as that. I do not think many here understand what it is like to be really really broken to the extent some are, and know that something is wrong , and not have a clue what to do. Much less have any one willing to communicate with you that has their act more together or has the knowledge in any way that could help. The are generally not in the social milleu that you find yourself in when that is the case. As I said earlier in this thread, to a certain extent you are a leper. If it is selfish or STS to see this and want to give people who do want help an option, so be it. I assure you, most educated people who could help do not ever give these people the time of day.

Daenerys, I hear you, I agree with you, and I'm trying to be supportive of you. It's obviously a good thing I'm not in the counseling profession.

parallel said:
Daenerys said:
Could a suite of videos be made in regards to self help based on our psychology books and spiritual truths and psychopathy be made? Yup. Then they would have a choice, where right now there is not one as a stepping stone.

I would be happy to help out doing a video, on the technical end. Perhaps we (anyone interested) could get together in another thread and distill some of the psychology to a simpler message and script? I've been thinking about doing this but my authoring/distillation skills are not too good yet.

I'm game. I have never made a video before but I will do whatever I can.

Daenerys said:
Anart, let me clarify, and I will leave it at this. These things have come about gradualy and naturaly. I know I cannot save anyone. I really basically listen. If someone is asking I do what I can in the process of discussion. I am not being derogatory in any maner and if anything I say comes across that way I do not mean it to in the least bit. I am stating an issue that I see. It is there, it is objective, and it is the truth. What I am saying in the paragraph you are referencing above was in relation to trying to answer Laura. I can criticize these women no more than I can criticize myself. I know what it is like to certain extent to be in their shoes. That is why I do listen and do what I can. The point I am trying to make overall is a lot of people do not in their daily lives have access to many things that would help them, nor role models, nor reference points to get the reference points that they need.

Who are you to determine that they need help?

That is my whole point.

If they are sincerely asking for help and showing, through actions, that they are willing to do what it necessary to learn and change, that is one thing. If, as you have stated, they need constant pushing and prodding from you to get even the most basic idea about what to do or how to learn more, then that's completely different. There appears to be an energy dynamic at play here where they feed off of you by telling you their troubles and you feed off of them by acting as the 'teacher' or 'rescuer' - can you see that possibility?

I am asking you to take a hard look at your motivations here because your entire mindset appears to be of a person who has decided not only that others need to be different than how they are, but that she is the one to 'fix them'. That is a very slippery slope.

Make no mistake, I'm not saying that we shouldn't help people, I'm saying that in order to do so effectively (and to help those capable of being helped) one must remove oneself from the equation and you seem to be quite in the center of this equation - emotionally, psychically and energetically.

Daenerys said:
I do not know all of the limitations of others. I also do not wish to argue. As to if would help or not I don't know. I just wonder what would have happened if Laura had felt the same way about her knowledge. All I am suggesting is serving a lot of the same knowledge to a wider sector of people who could use it and need it. I am not so willing to give in to a defeatist attitude.

And with the above, you have lost the plot. Laura never determines the needs of others. She doesn't talk to people about this who aren't asking about this - in fact - she put the information out there and let people come to it. That is a very, very different thing than actively counseling people who she thought 'needed help'. Even with people who come to her and ask for help, she still merely shows them the door and lets them do the work and find the answers - that is an STO approach, because Laura knows that it's not about Laura, it's about each person doing what is in them to do and it's not up to her to determine what each person needs or doesn't need. Can you see the difference?

Daenerys said:
I do not think many here understand what it is like to be really really broken to the extent some are, and know that something is wrong , and not have a clue what to do.

You're making a huge assumption here. You cannot know whether 'many here understand what it is like'. It's more likely that many actually DO know. And how they got here was searching - searching for answers.

anart said:
Daenerys said:
I do not know all of the limitations of others. I also do not wish to argue. As to if would help or not I don't know. I just wonder what would have happened if Laura had felt the same way about her knowledge. All I am suggesting is serving a lot of the same knowledge to a wider sector of people who could use it and need it. I am not so willing to give in to a defeatist attitude.

And with the above, you have lost the plot. Laura never determines the needs of others. She doesn't talk to people about this who aren't asking about this - in fact - she put the information out there and let people come to it. That is a very, very different thing than actively counseling people who she thought 'needed help'. Even with people who come to her and ask for help, she still merely shows them the door and lets them do the work and find the answers - that is an STO approach, because Laura knows that it's not about Laura, it's about each person doing what is in them to do and it's not up to her to determine what each person needs or doesn't need. Can you see the difference?

Let me try again. I do see the difference. This is not about me either. The only thing I want, period, is to have an option available that meets them where they are at. One does not exist currently. That is it. I am not looking to change anyone. I see people that want help, and is not readily available where they are currently.

I am not determining anyone needs help anart. They tell me they do. I am not looking to actively counsel anyone either. This is something that it would seem is in me to do- that is to try to find a way that would serve this segment, and then they may do what they will.

I see through actions that they are willing. I see where the blocking points and snags are. I am also trying to find a way to remove myself so they can proceed. If that has not been made clear by all the posts I have made then I just do not know how to make it any clearer. I am pointing out the snags, and that there does seem to be a solution. I want to have a door to show people that cannot at this point use this door. That is all.

1984 said:
Daenerys said:
I do not think many here understand what it is like to be really really broken to the extent some are, and know that something is wrong , and not have a clue what to do.

You're making a huge assumption here. You cannot know whether 'many here understand what it is like'. It's more likely that many actually DO know. And how they got here was searching - searching for answers.

I guess I did not take it far enough. I should have said also in addition to the above, not have the skills to find this material and absorb it, where they currently are right now. I really did not mean for all of this to become such a big deal. I ust would like to help this segment, in giving them a choice where they are right now. That's all.

Daenerys said:
Let me try again. I do see the difference. This is not about me either. The only thing I want, period, is to have an option available that meets them where they are at. One does not exist currently. That is it. I am not looking to change anyone. I see people that want help, and is not readily available where they are currently.

You are assuming that they would even be vaguely interested in the reality of what it is we do. You seem to be completely missing the fact that 98% of the people are not interested. 'Where they are currently' is a reflection of who they are and you cannot change that, no matter how much you have decided it needs to be changed. We have all sorts of outreach programs going on from EE classes to You Tube videos to facebook pages and postings to blog entries. It's being done. If you want to help with that, then great.

d said:
I am not determining anyone needs help anart. They tell me they do.

No, they talk to you and you interpret that as them telling you they need the kind of help we offer. There is a difference here that you are not seeing.

d said:
I am not looking to actively counsel anyone either.

Yes you are - from what you've written you are already doing it!

d said:
This is something that it would seem is in me to do- that is to try to find a way that would serve this segment, and then they may do what they will.

Does it make you feel good about yourself to be seen as a teacher or rescuer? Be honest.

d said:
I see through actions that they are willing.

Willing to do what? Listen to what you say and then do what you tell them to do? That isn't learning, it's following direction.

d said:
I see where the blocking points and snags are. I am also trying to find a way to remove myself so they can proceed.

I don't think that you are. In fact, I don't think that you even understand what it means to remove yourself from the equation, because that is a very specific and very subtle thing.

You absolutely cannot bring this body of information to people - it does not work that way. You can advise on diet and health in a non-professional manner and talk about psychopaths but you have to understand that it is not up to you to make other people learn. Until you really grasp that, you're just doing damage.

Most of us have been in your position, by the way - we know what it's like to want to help people and the struggle and energy drain that ensues until you realize that it's up to the person to learn and change - this information is not Reader's Digest recipes or Better Homes and Gardens advice on life - it is not for everyone. It's not for most people! Perhaps you should consider going back to school to get a social services degree or psychology degree so that you can help people in the way that makes you happy, without doing damage along the way?

anart said:
Does it make you feel good about yourself to be seen as a teacher or rescuer? Be honest.

What makes me feel good, as I have mentioned several times in this thread, and why I am willing to listen a lot of the times, is because I know what it is like to not have anyone who cares, and I do not like to see people in that position. That is the bottom line. I have also said a couple of times that it does cost me sometimes. I have tried to learn to eliminate where that energy drain comes into the picture. I also would have liked to have something valuable pointed out to me as well. That is my motivation.

I think it best I just leave this alone at this point.

Daenerys said:
anart said:

What makes me feel good, as I have mentioned several times in this thread, and why I am willing to listen a lot of the times, is because I know what it is like to not have anyone who cares, and I do not like to see people in that position. That is the bottom line. I have also said a couple of times that it does cost me sometimes. I have tried to learn to eliminate where that energy drain comes into the picture. I also would have liked to have something valuable pointed out to me as well. That is my motivation.

Hmmm, that's unfortunate because 'just leaving it alone' basically means that you don't want to talk about it any more, which also means you're not really listening to what is being said to you because it doesn't agree with your vision of yourself and this situation. Let me put it this way, just in case you can actually hear me:

Helping people is a good thing. In order to help people, we have to be capable of doing so without being eaten up in the process and the people we are helping have to be capable of being helped (meaning they must be capable of helping themselves).

That is what it comes down to.

From your responses to me, it is obvious that you're not hearing what I'm saying to you, which is unfortunate. You see, we as human beings, project all sorts of ideas, feelings, motivations and thoughts onto the people around us, especially when pity is evoked or we care about them. For the most part, 90% of what we think other people are feeling, thinking and motivated by is a pure projection on our part and simply not true. One of the first lessons we must learn is that we are not the people around us - and that not everyone is motivated by the things that motivate us.

I think it would really help you to sit down and think about that deeply and try to take a look at your situations and the posts you've written here as if someone else had written them. Perhaps then you'll start to understand what I am trying to say.

Again, helping people is good - but the devil, as always, is in the details.

anart said:
Daenerys said:
anart said:

Hmmm, that's unfortunate because 'just leaving it alone' basically means that you don't want to talk about it any more, which also means you're not really listening to what is being said to you because it doesn't agree with your vision of yourself and this situation. Let me put it this way, just in case you can actually hear me:

Helping people is a good thing. In order to help people, we have to be capable of doing so without being eaten up in the process and the people we are helping have to be capable of being helped (meaning they must be capable of helping themselves).

That is what it comes down to.

From your responses to me, it is obvious that you're not hearing what I'm saying to you, which is unfortunate. You see, we as human beings, project all sorts of ideas, feelings, motivations and thoughts onto the people around us, especially when pity is evoked or we care about them. For the most part, 90% of what we think other people are feeling, thinking and motivated by is a pure projection on our part and simply not true. One of the first lessons we must learn is that we are not the people around us - and that not everyone is motivated by the things that motivate us.

I think it would really help you to sit down and think about that deeply and try to take a look at your situations and the posts you've written here as if someone else had written them. Perhaps then you'll start to understand what I am trying to say.

Again, helping people is good - but the devil, as always, is in the details.

When I say it best to leave this alone, I mean leave the whole idea of helping in the manner I wanted to alone. Not that I do not to want to discuss it. As in maybe you're right.

Daenerys said:
When I say it best to leave this alone, I mean leave the whole idea of helping in the manner I wanted to alone. Not that I do not to want to discuss it. As in maybe you're right.

Well, if you ever feel like expanding on that (i.e. what you're thinking and feeling about it) it might be a worthwhile discussion for the swamp.

Interesting to see the Belgian monarchy's webpage banner. Look at the girl's face. I wonder They couldn't get any thing better than this.

_http://www.monarchie.be/royal-family/birthdays

seek10 said:
Interesting to see the Belgian monarchy's webpage banner. Look at the girl's face. I wonder They couldn't get any thing better than this.

_http://www.monarchie.be/royal-family/birthdays

This little girl looks very unhappy, right.

Back
Top Bottom