E-cigarettes: research - experiments - ideas

I found a 5 minute video that describes the tobacco extraction process using a cool low-tech DIY distillation method. Looks somewhat easier than messing around with olive oil and vitamin C! My coil unfortunately plugged up pretty quickly after using my homemade batch, so I may try this method next.

I found a 5 minute video that describes the tobacco extraction process using a cool low-tech DIY distillation method.
Would be interesting to learn how it goes and if tobacco flavours are still present after distillation. I am a bit worried about this.

My coil unfortunately plugged up pretty quickly after using my homemade batch,
My main suspect is insufficient filtration of the flavour extract. My coils last forever.

I found a 5 minute video that describes the tobacco extraction process using a cool low-tech DIY distillation method. Looks somewhat easier than messing around with olive oil and vitamin C! My coil unfortunately plugged up pretty quickly after using my homemade batch, so I may try this method next.
Thank you, that´s really low tech. Do you know what is the sodium carbonate/water/tobacco ratio before distilling? In the video its a bit vague. Probably the plastic hose for destillation should be BPA free, something like that?

Thank you, that´s really low tech. Do you know what is the sodium carbonate/water/tobacco ratio before distilling? In the video its a bit vague. Probably the plastic hose for destillation should be BPA free, something like that?

Not sure, but one could guess based on the size of his containers used. I'd say about 1 quart jar (~1 L) full of tobacco. That's probably around 50 - 60g. Then around 1 L of boiling water, adding heaping teaspoons of carbonate and stirring until it stops dissolving. He added four. He didn't end up using all of the carbonate water anyways, just enough to saturate the tobacco jar. It doesn't look to be a scientifically specific method. But one could measure all that out somewhat easily.

And yeah, it would be best to use a tube without plastic, that's a good point. Maybe metal piping? Copper tubing is bendable, and copper is protective in the 'energetic' sense, though I don't know how its conductivity would affect the distillation...

Not sure, but one could guess based on the size of his containers used. I'd say about 1 quart jar (~1 L) full of tobacco. That's probably around 50 - 60g. Then around 1 L of boiling water, adding heaping teaspoons of carbonate and stirring until it stops dissolving. He added four. He didn't end up using all of the carbonate water anyways, just enough to saturate the tobacco jar. It doesn't look to be a scientifically specific method. But one could measure all that out somewhat easily.
Fine with me, to be figured out : )

And yeah, it would be best to use a tube without plastic, that's a good point. Maybe metal piping? Copper tubing is bendable, and copper is protective in the 'energetic' sense, though I don't know how its conductivity would affect the distillation...
Copper tubes could go very well. Copper is used for stills, also for essential oils and hydrolats, because of its many positive properties.

Back
Top Bottom