E-cigarettes: research - experiments - ideas

Okay, Chu, I don't use video equipment but I will document my next extract with more details and photos. It may take a few weeks as I am busy with other things right now.

Thank you so much!! And no pressure, like I said. Whenever and whatever, we'll be happy with it. :-)

I have been hesitating to tell you this but you need to know The Truth about

Distilled Water

If it is too strong
you are too weak! :-D

Touchée ! Alright, alright, we'll toughen up at some point. :cool2:

Talking to the young vapers at work and learned something new. They all use disposables, but they don't inhale into their lungs at all. I bought two different disposables to try them out. If you've ever shared a mirror in a bathroom full of women when they're getting ready to go out and copped a gob full of hairspray then coughed up a lung, then that describes my first impressions of inhaling from the disposable vapes that I've bought. However, after learning that the young vapers don't inhale into their lungs and giving that a try it seems more doable. It seems as though I'm still getting a nicotine hit doing it that way. I wonder if since the nicotine is in a vapour rather than in smoke if it is more readily absorbed through the mouth lining?

There is a compilation of studies posted in the "Smoking is ... good?" thread on side effects in e-liquids. I think its relevant to keep in mind.

As suggested by broken.english and Chu, it would be great to learn how to make our own liquids and experiment with what to mix to enhance bioavailability and health effects.

In the meantime, I´m vaping nic salts. As a newbie, I wondered about the different forms of nic salts. The most commonly used is nicotine benzoate. Now I found a nic salt liquid that is a mixture of nicotine benzoate and nicotine malate. The addition of nic malate seems to make a positive difference. For me, it´s smooth and lovely to vape. With nic benzoate I would not be well after some time. With this one, no noticeable side effects :-)

Its called Hybrid Nikotin Shot. On their website its under 'Boosters.'
The ingredients: PG/VG, nic benzoate, nic malate

IMG233808.jpg

@Mari, there are other kinds of nic salts/boosters too, maybe that´s an option for you to order?

On their website its under 'Boosters.'
Well, Scottie explained in previous post that this shots and boosters need to be diluted, either to add it to your liquid or to mix one owns. It says in the description of this one:
"Simply add it to your favourite e-liquid to create a personalized vaping experience that suits your needs."

Which strength did you buy and are you vaping it on it´s own?

Thanks for the tip, I did look into them.
Currently I´m very pleased with "Zeus" brand Nic Salt called "Bia & Hades"; I get them from the local vape shop in UK, where they sell them on discount - 4 for 10 pounds; that turns out a bit less than 3€ per 10ml, which is the cheapest liquid I´ve found in 3 European states. 😅

10ml lasts me for 4 days, so it turns out less money than when smoking (I smoked Pueblo, 30g costs 5,95€ in Germany).

Its called Hybrid Nikotin Shot. On their website its under 'Boosters.'
The ingredients: PG/VG, nic benzoate, nic malate

Don’t know if it’s their style or whatnot but the art of the bottle seems as if I were to consume poison, but a “cool” one!

There is a compilation of studies posted in the "Smoking is ... good?" thread on side effects in e-liquids. I think its relevant to keep in mind.

I think when it comes to smoking any of the ingredients can have side effects one way to another… the question would be, are these side effects at least better than smoking regular tobacco?

I wonder if since the nicotine is in a vapour rather than in smoke if it is more readily absorbed through the mouth lining?

It depends on (at least) the alkalinity of the vapor... If I remember correctly, the more acidic the vapor is, the better absorbed it is in the lungs. The more alkaline, the better absorbed in the mouth. And then there seems to be some personal preference/chemistry involved.

I think when it comes to smoking any of the ingredients can have side effects one way to another… the question would be, are these side effects at least better than smoking regular tobacco?

Maybe even more important is to ask that question for a specific person. For example, if the MAO inhibitors in ciggy smoke do you a lot of good, then vaping (which doesn't have them) may be worse for you even if you're absorbing lots of nicotine.

I generally take the view that darn near anything I ingest in any way is probably going to be bad for me, so I try to minimize the bad and maximize the good - not in a "the sky is falling" kind of way, but hopefully in an objective, reasonable way. As in, I try not to BS myself.

The simplest example is a glass of water. Distilled or RO water? Awesome! Anything else probably has all kinds of bad stuff in it. But then if you only drink ultra-pure water, sometimes you miss out on certain minerals, etc. :umm:

And then, sometimes the "negative effects" of some substance are greatly outweighed by the "positive effects", so I just take the bad with the good and don't worry about it.

Maybe even more important is to ask that question for a specific person. For example, if the MAO inhibitors in ciggy smoke do you a lot of good, then vaping (which doesn't have them) may be worse for you even if you're absorbing lots of nicotine.

Yeah I agree, it’s about finding what works for you! I’ve basically cut my tobacco to 4 a day and the rest of the time I vape … so I’m thinking that I’ve got the best of both? Will continuing to experiment and see how it goes as I get used to the vape thing and try different strengths and devices to find the sweet spot

irjOsaid:
Don’t know if it’s their style or whatnot but the artof the bottle seems as if I were to consume poison, but a “cool”one!

I think its an obligatory regulation. All local e- liquid bottles have this "lovely" poison sign on it.
Besides that I enjoy vaping so far and try to figure out what fits for my health. I support what Scottie said, that it´s individual and training to be resilient in a down to earth way. :-)

Yeah I agree, it’s about finding what works for you! I’ve basically cut my tobacco to 4 a day and the rest of the time I vape … so I’m thinking that I’ve got the best of both? Will continuing to experiment and see how it goes as I get used to the vape thing and try different strengths and devices to find the sweet spot

Yeah, we're all super different, so there won't be a one-for-all solution, IMO. I sometimes go 3-6 weeks without smoking, then a few puffs here and there. This week we were painting and using chemicals, so I took some puffs for extra lung protection, for example. I can't say the effect is any different from that of vaping, though.

We were talking with some friends recently, and one of them is studying to be a herbalist. She told us that her teacher is not against smoking at all. The thing is, though, that if you smoke regularly you stop benefiting from its medicinal properties. While if you do it once in a while, like native American Indians traditionally used to, you actually get to use it as "medicine" and benefit from it. A Chinese doctor had told us something very similar a while ago. So far, I'm sticking to something like that theory. But I think that depends on the individual, once again! Some need more, some not at all, etc.

From the Cs answers recently, I reckon the answer is yes. But, again, on an individual basis, and even taking into consideration special circumstances (personal, genetic, environmental, govt. agencies concocting new "frankenviruses", etc.)

Back
Top Bottom