Earthquakes around the world

4.2 yesterday in Middletown, California - south of the Geysers again:

Also noting dutchsinse quite accurate predictions for Indonesia and NorCal although about a magnitude less and not off the coast. From 4/15:
“A seismic spread is currently taking place in the M5.5 range across the planet, focusing on the West Pacific , spreading East to South / Central America. The west coast of the USA is primed for a M5.0 range quake off the coast.

A possible M4.0 range quake could develop in Virginia on the East coast of the USA this week as well as swarm activity on the New Madrid Seismic Zone.

West Pacific Vanuatu going to Soloman Sea is due for mid range M6, and Indonesia due for M7.0 this week (2-3 more days to go in the warning for them).”
With the 2-3 day window closed, here's his latest report (haven't watch yet but description below):

Activity has spread , and become noteworthy enough to see via general observation of the past 48 hours of earthquakes. The spread is massive, spanning an area thousands of miles across, and 10,000 linear miles each way East, West, and North.

The area which is currently moving on a M5.0+ to M5.8 level reaches from Fiji to Iceland, and from Fiji to Kamchatka Russia. Additionally the spread reaches from Fiji to South America's coast / Antarctica's plate boundary. I would expect the next step up to take place soon.

We should graduate up at least 1 magnitude , go up from M5.8 to M6.5+ if this power increase fully plays out as I'm expecting. The solar activity sure played into things as well, the seismic increases we see after solar storms arrive is always noteworthy.

Expecting the West Coast of the USA to be on M5.0+ watch off the coast, and upper M4.9 range on land by the bay area, then Ridgecrest CA.
Although looks like there's still a chance for activity off the coast of California.

When I started this writing I was very nervous because it obviously rumbled all the day, and I was afraid of a next big bumper in the night. The last big earthquake here was about 50 years ago and was a heavy one with some damages done. - Meanwhile I talked to my younger daughter, which was quite refreshing because she - in contrast to me - is not afraid of earthquakes. She said: "Well, that's not too bad, you see that the earth is alive and that's good!, ins't it?" - Of course not a good point if it is a really bad one and damage is done. But in any case it helped me to calm down and since I am living in a 120 year old house I can feel safe enough, I also talked to my landlady and she calmed me down, too. Nevertheless I had a little bit of an exciting hour. And something to learn . . . "Keep calm and relax" :cool2::cool2::cool2:😧:-D:-D:-D

When I started this writing I was very nervous because it obviously rumbled all the day, and I was afraid of a next big bumper in the night. The last big earthquake here was about 50 years ago and was a heavy one with some damages done. - Meanwhile I talked to my younger daughter, which was quite refreshing because she - in contrast to me - is not afraid of earthquakes. She said: "Well, that's not too bad, you see that the earth is alive and that's good!, ins't it?" - Of course not a good point if it is a really bad one and damage is done. But in any case it helped me to calm down and since I am living in a 120 year old house I can feel safe enough, I also talked to my landlady and she calmed me down, too. Nevertheless I had a little bit of an exciting hour. And something to learn . . . "Keep calm and relax" :cool2::cool2::cool2:😧:-D:-D:-D
I like me too to feel the earth alive and enjoyed the few little earthquakes I had in my life. I think we need sometimes, once in a while, to feel the earth under our feet moving, like an animal, something alive, something with energy like tempests and hurricanes or simply a crazy wind, or typhoons. It put us where we are with intensity.

Take care.

Coincidently after reading this thread there was earthquake M3.3 about half an hour ago. It was not long, just few seconds, but it was close to capital Zagreb so it felt stronger then previous lesser ones that had epicenter further away around Petrinja and Sisak, so it seems like being in a sandwich, and today in frustration I made comment there should be five more like before to reset whole country how are things non functioning here.

Greece - Earthquakes near volcanic island of Nisyros

Date: 22 April 2021 | Time: 19:49:58 UTC | Location: 36.41 N ; 27.14 E | Depth: 12 km | R: 4.1

I have noticed that there has been a lot of earthquake activity going on lately. Apparently since the beginning of the episode, 400 earthquakes have been registered. Alone 34 ones in the past 48 hours. Given that this is close to a volcanic island, I am always paying extra attention (it enables a natural way for me, loving to learn more about a volcano's history).

Apparently the last eruption took place between 1422 and 1888 which were of phreatic nature (interaction between groundwater and magma). Today there are still fumaroles active.

2021-04-23_105755.jpg

nisyros-sat2.jpg

Strong mag. 6.5 earthquake - Fiji Islands Region, Tonga

Date & time: 24 Apr 2021 00:23:37 UTC - 7 hours ago
Local time at epicenter: 24 Apr 1:23 pm (GMT +13)
Magnitude: 6.5
Depth: 283.0 km
Epicenter latitude / longitude: 18.84°S / 176.34°W
TO.png
(South Pacific Ocean, Tonga)
Nearest volcano: Metis Shoal (125 km / 78 mi)

Last week was relatively quite and there were no earthquakes worldwide reaching M6.
In the usual area, there were 0 out of 80 earthquakes worldwide equal to or greater than 4.5 and 1602 out of 2106 quakes of all sizes.
Percentage: 76.1%
Last week saw 2 M6 with the strongest being the M6.5 in Tonga. (according to USGS well knowing that it does not by far represent all).
In the usual area, there were 0 out of 74 earthquakes worldwide equal to or greater than 4.5 and 1926 out of 2268 quakes of all sizes.
Percentage: 84.9%
If we were to add Hawaii to the numbers (+153), then the percentage would be 91.7%)
Earthquakes 7 days to April 25th 2021.gif

More on the Iran earthquakes and very interesting observation - 5:31 vid. Do read the quite insightful comments:

Large Earthquake In Iran M 6.1, Damage and Injuries, Bandar Bushehr Nuclear Power​

The video points to the possibility that this was an induced earthquake and that Iran would not be able to blame Israel. This could put the event 4 days later, when a missile from Syria unhindered struck very close to the Israeli nuclear power plant. This was the first time that it has happened and perhaps it was a message to Israel that Iran is on to their game and that it will not go with impunity if repeated.

5.8-magnitude quake hits Kermadec Islands region: USGS

2021-04-27
NEW YORK, April 26 (Xinhua) -- A 5.8-magnitude earthquake jolted Kermadec Islands region at 21:07:28 GMT on Monday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.

The epicenter, with a depth of 10.0 km, was initially determined to be at 29.2757 degrees south latitude and 176.6957 degrees west longitude.

5.7-magnitude quake hits 177 km ENE of Angoram, Papua New Guinea -- USGS

2021-04-27
HONG KONG, April 27 (Xinhua) -- An earthquake with a magnitude of 5.7 jolted 177 km ENE of Angoram, Papua New Guinea at 02:12:50 GMT on Tuesday, the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) said.

The epicenter, with a depth of 10.0 km, was initially determined to be at 3.4026 degrees south latitude and 145.5236 degrees east longitude.

5.9-magnitude quake hits Kermadec Islands region -- USGS

2021-04-29
HONG KONG, April 29 (Xinhua) -- An earthquake with a magnitude of 5.9 hit the Kermadec Islands region at 06:50:22 GMT on Thursday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.

The epicenter, with a depth of 10.0 km, was initially determined to be at 29.5551 degrees south latitude and 175.4753 degrees west longitude.

Back
Top Bottom