Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

During yesterday's (Thursday) meditation stage my body was more relaxed than in previous sessions, apart from clearing my throat of flem which seems to be the Predator's preferred 'influence' or defense mechanism at the moment, I experience Evolutionary1's 'swirling lights', or 'ink blobs', for the first time with the tape.

The colours were purple-violet, which I've experienced before when making higher self connections, and, for the first time, I saw yellow 'blobs'. The session ended with tearful eyes.

Trevrizent said:
The colours were purple-violet, which I've experienced before when making higher self connections, and, for the first time, I saw yellow 'blobs'. The session ended with tearful eyes.

How do you make higher self connections? How do you experience it?

Hi Pryf

I learned how to do it when studying Ancient Hawaiian Huna, many years ago. The process involves getting rid of limiting decisions, buffers, etc. Does this sound vaguely familiar to something else that you are aware of? The process 'proper', as it were, involves generating energy to send the higher self - a process called Ha breathin (breathing in through the nose and out via the mouth in the ratio of 1:2. Does this sound vaguely familiar to something else? First of all this is done for at least fifteen minutes, then there is a sequence of four sets of four Ha breathing using a particular 'body posture', followed by three levels of transferring the generated energy from the navel to the crown of the head, when the connection is made. As far as experiencing it, when asking questions of the higher self, I personally received the answers in the form of images or feelings, often both were very subtle and needed translating.

Another method is to sow a 'seed', a prayer (although the prayers that i have come across are far, far inferior to the Prayer of the Soul). Does this sound vaguely familiar to something else?

Since Laura has introduced the Breathing programme that is the subject of this thread I have used Laura's method of initiating 'contact', as it were. It is a much more powerful process in my opinion, as there is much more happening at once, and with much more behind it - as Laura has explained earlier. I am happy to stay with the breathing meditation programme, and to see what transpires.

Hey everyone I need to post something here, and I apologize if this has been addressed before, if it has if you can just re-direct me to the area where it has been addressed.

Anyways, last night I was doing the breathing exercises, and for some reason could not continue. My breathing became extremely difficult, and I had some odd occurrences that took my concentration away from the exercises completely. One of these was the manifestation of high vibrations in my hands that didn't stop until I started doing pipe-breathing. It was the feeling that my hands had fallen asleep with an additional feeling of my astral hands (dont know any other way to explain this) were trying to break free from physical restrains.

Anyways, aside from this, today my breathing, normal breathing, has been extremely difficult. It's as if my lungs aren't capable of inhaling the required amount of air to sustain my lungs and breath. This then has started causing pains in my rib-cage region, and lower back. I have to double my efforts to force air inhalation just to get one good breath, which is very difficult and very uncomfortable.

I then attempted to try the breathing exercises to try and aleviate this difficulty with breathing, and had to stop during the Ba-Ha portion as I just could not get enough air into my lungs to sustain a concerted effort towards focused, and proper breathing.

I'm having a difficult time concentrating on anything for that matter, which has impaired my daily activities and is starting to worry me some. It's as if I'm suffocating.

I haven't anything else to add to this, but if anyone has any insight into this, and what one might be able to do in such a situation would be very very helpful.

I'm going to go get some fresh air now... :/

Hi all. I want to present some comments and a question!

Generally as I perform some slow breath out, I feel somewhat energy on my fingers and sometimes even my heartbeat. It's seems really easy to me. Nonetheless when I practiced the Ba-Ha few weeks ago, I realized that the feeling appeared faster and is much more intense! As I understand it means that it works me, because I interpret this feeling as a good one. I read a book for out-of-body experiences that talk about this feeling that put hands to sleep (I loose sense), sometimes it extends to arms, and once the whole body. It is the prelude to something, as I understood.

Now my problem when listening Laura during pipe breathing. The seconds do not fit to my breathing timing. On the breath out part, I am not able to fully finish within 9 seconds. If I try to accelerate, some hyperventilation appears, relaxation as consequence is impossible. As I was initiated on Zazen, relaxation is a must. I remember a documentary (Song of the Dragon) that says an expert may be able to breath out for up to 2 minutes! (if I remember it right).

Now my question:
¿is this 9 seconds breath out important? I need 12 (14) seconds at least.
These numbers (seconds) have some kind of meaning, or only a simple guide.
May be only nerve stimulation is the essence (most important part).

Thanks in advance.

jordifs, when I first began doing pipe breathing, I also had difficulty breathing in and out for the 6 and 9 seconds respectively. I found it uncomfortable and not relaxing at all. However with practice, it became a relaxing process. I eventually figured out that you need to breath in and out at a certain "speed" in order to do it within the required count. Constricting your throat too much makes out-breathing slower, so you may need to pay attention to that. Also, bear in mind that you need to master pipe breathing before you move onto the full program which you seem to have done already. I suggest you go back to the audio presentation which talks about pipe breathing and how to do it correctly. You should practice pipe breath every day. Hopefully this helps.

-I almost die from a heart attack with what happened to me yesterday night!, I was doing the entire program, but I skip some ba-ha breathing. I decided to do the meditation by my own with a 6-4-9-4 formula because I like to retain more time the air in my lungs. When I was thinking in the meaning of the phrases I started to feel like static electricity in my belly and with each breath this sensation grow and grow and went up increasingly. I was afraid about what could happen with this sensation but I choice to continue with the meditation, few moments after, and suddenly, I felt I don´t know how describe it! It was like an explotion!, my body got tonnage, and my senses clouded by a second, it was as a ray crossed through my body and I couldn´t talk and move. It was overwhelming. After My heart was beating very strong, :scared: This certainly was not my imagination! it was very real!
I don´t note any psycological effect yet but I will be watching myself.

Andrew said:
Hey everyone I need to post something here, and I apologize if this has been addressed before, if it has if you can just re-direct me to the area where it has been addressed.

Anyways, last night I was doing the breathing exercises, and for some reason could not continue. My breathing became extremely difficult, and I had some odd occurrences that took my concentration away from the exercises completely. One of these was the manifestation of high vibrations in my hands that didn't stop until I started doing pipe-breathing. It was the feeling that my hands had fallen asleep with an additional feeling of my astral hands (dont know any other way to explain this) were trying to break free from physical restrains.

I'd suggest to do a search with search terms like: parasthesia, tetanus and tremors. Many questions and similar experiences are to be found in this thread. As a quick note - don't worry, this sounds like a completely normal reaction. There can be HUGE resistance manifesting as various mental or physical reactions, just to make you not do it (the breathing)!

Andrew said:
Anyways, aside from this, today my breathing, normal breathing, has been extremely difficult. It's as if my lungs aren't capable of inhaling the required amount of air to sustain my lungs and breath. This then has started causing pains in my rib-cage region, and lower back. I have to double my efforts to force air inhalation just to get one good breath, which is very difficult and very uncomfortable.

I then attempted to try the breathing exercises to try and aleviate this difficulty with breathing, and had to stop during the Ba-Ha portion as I just could not get enough air into my lungs to sustain a concerted effort towards focused, and proper breathing.

I'm having a difficult time concentrating on anything for that matter, which has impaired my daily activities and is starting to worry me some. It's as if I'm suffocating.

I haven't anything else to add to this, but if anyone has any insight into this, and what one might be able to do in such a situation would be very very helpful.

I'm going to go get some fresh air now... :/

Now, I'm just guessing here, this sounds a lot like you are doing the breathing program too often and maybe too intensively. I'd recommend taking "small steps" if you haven't done this type of breathing earlier - the reactions can be very powerful. The "suffocating" feeling could be caused by TIRED MUSCLES in your ribcage etc. I know this from experience: doing a lot of "heavy duty" breathing exercises can make those tiny muscles between the ribs very tired, making it harder to breathe.

I'd also recommend reading this article about breathing if you haven't done so. The emergency breathing muscles, especially the 'scalenes' maybe causing problems for you. The most difficult thing in breathing to correct is the "everyday breathing", the breathing you do unconsciously. Takes patience... ;)

fwiw

Edit: I just wanted to add, that in my experience one should be careful not to do too much "monitoring" of ones own breathing. This could build up a "feeding loop", ultimately causing a panic attack. And that's one of the most scary thing to experience, been there done that ;)

Thank You Aragorn,

I'll be looking into that article and maybe taking it a little bit easier on the breathing exercises. Although I haven't been doing them to frequently and have just recently taken them serious enough to dedicate myself to doing them. Although if those specific muscles you outlined are simply to weak to sustain these exercises that might be the primary cause as my breathing has always been shallow.

Okay, hear I go, let me first start off and say that I've always had a hard time networking openly on the "net" but never had a problem doing it personally. But this breathing program I feel is very important, so that is my motivation for trying to network more, most importantly on this forum. I've been doing the breathing program for about a month now, and about three months prior to this for a long period of time I was experiencing these spider-like figures always lingering when I wake up at night. I pm'ed Laura and she told me to read high strangeness which I already had but was in the process of reading the ultimate truth. So I decided to heed her words and start reading high strangeness and I think I kind of understand this eclipsing of realities going on within/outside of me, but since I've been doing this breathing programs this has been happening almost every night and on Weds. night I woke up and seen a spider-like looking shape about twice the size of a basketball, this scared me. I keep telling myself this will pass and I have not lost hope but if anybody could help me shine some light on this I would be very thankful.

Trevrizent said:
Hi Pryf

I learned how to do it when studying Ancient Hawaiian Huna, many years ago. The process involves getting rid of limiting decisions, buffers, etc. Does this sound vaguely familiar to something else that you are aware of? The process 'proper', as it were, involves generating energy to send the higher self - a process called Ha breathin (breathing in through the nose and out via the mouth in the ratio of 1:2. Does this sound vaguely familiar to something else? First of all this is done for at least fifteen minutes, then there is a sequence of four sets of four Ha breathing using a particular 'body posture', followed by three levels of transferring the generated energy from the navel to the crown of the head, when the connection is made. As far as experiencing it, when asking questions of the higher self, I personally received the answers in the form of images or feelings, often both were very subtle and needed translating.

Another method is to sow a 'seed', a prayer (although the prayers that i have come across are far, far inferior to the Prayer of the Soul). Does this sound vaguely familiar to something else?

Since Laura has introduced the Breathing programme that is the subject of this thread I have used Laura's method of initiating 'contact', as it were. It is a much more powerful process in my opinion, as there is much more happening at once, and with much more behind it - as Laura has explained earlier. I am happy to stay with the breathing meditation programme, and to see what transpires.

Thanks for your explanation Trevrizent, I've made a quick search on Huna, and this is what I found:

http://www.ancienthuna.com/hunach1.htm

Huna said:
AN ANCIENT SCIENCE: The science that is now called Huna is a very old science. We believe that it may be as old as 35,000 years old, and is a part of the original teachings of the peoples of the earth which were centered here in Hawaii on a continent which now, no longer exists. All that remains physically of that land are the mountain peaks of the island chain called Hawaii.

Long after the original teachings of the peoples of the earth were codified, and were spread out all over the world, the continent disappeared. The teachings continued in Hawaii and in other parts of the world.

For a long time prior to 750 A.D., there flourished a system of personal development, healing, and spiritual discipline that was known by "everyone." The system was a balanced system -- one that honored men and women equally. There were almost no secrets; in fact, there were so few secrets that the information that comprised the techniques wasn't even organized or formally taught. It just formed the background of "how it was" in the world.

THE PROMISE OF HUNA: The teaching which is now called Huna was originally called Ho'omana. Ho'o means to make. Mana means life force, equivalent to Ki (as in Aikido), Chi (as in Tai Chi) or Shakti in the Sanskrit language. Taken together the word Ho'omana means empowerment or to empower. The purpose of the original teaching was, then, learning the ways to increase life force.

WHAT IS A KAHUNA: "Ka" means "the," or "light," and Huna means "secret," but it doesn't mean secret in the sense that it did when you were a kid. It means secret in the sense of "esoteric," or "hidden." For example, if you were going to have a meaningful conversation with a Quantum Physicist, you'd probably have to study Quantum Physics for 4 or 5 years. So Huna means knowledge which is not secret as much as hidden from view. Huna means knowledge which is "concealed," or wisdom which is "protected like a treasure." If we divide the word differently (a common practice in discovering the deeper meanings of Hawaiian words), "Kahu" means "honored servant" or "high servant who takes charge of persons, property, or knowledge." "Na" means to care for, to settle difficulties, in a legal sense; quiet, pacified, as an aggrieved child; calmed, quieted, as one's passions -- calm and centered.

The original teachings were hidden inside of the chants and the Hulahula (Hula dances), and they have waited. They have waited, hidden, for a long, long time. The newer arrivals adopted chants and Hulahula which contained mysteries hidden to them but which were simply waiting for a rebirth of the original teachings
So whereas there was the tradition of the Holy Guardian Spirit in Hermetics, Alchemy and the Native American Tradition, so also in Huna we have the tradition of the Higher Self.

ESOTERIC STUDIES: As you begin your study of Huna, or whatever esoteric discipline you choose, please consider the following:

The spirit of any esoteric training does not lie solely in the information being taught, but in the influences that come from the teacher and which, over time, tune the pupil to higher and higher levels of vibration. An esoteric school is different from all other schools in that, although its intent is to communicate wisdom, its real power lies in its contacts with the unseen, and in essence inner worlds. Unless it has these contacts, it cannot give its pupils the power to put the intellectual theory into practice. All of the different schools of the original teachings generally share the same principles but they differ very much in how they gather their power and in their ability to apply and share that power.

Any training in esoteric studies should increase positive character traits in the initiate. Above all, it should bring increasing balance of the mind. If it does not do this there is something wrong. What could possibly be the purpose if a student experiences the heavens open to him, and yet loses his reason, his livelihood, and his friends? To put it clearly, training in Huna should not cause a person to loose his job, relationships, and all that is dear to him. The result of any esoteric study is, and should always be Balance. Remember that you have four parts to your personality: physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual; and any method of training should take into account all four of these. It should then bring them into balance if it is to produce the stability that comes from having symmetry and harmony in life.

I've never heard of Huna, wich seems another branch of ancient esoteric knowledge.
Thanks again.

Aragorn:
There can be HUGE resistance manifesting as various mental or physical reactions, just to make you not do it (the breathing)!

Indeed! I find myself setting a time to do the yoga exercises and breathing then procrastinating and telling myself I'll do it later--then later--then I was trying to squeeze it in before I fell asleep at night and not being able to finish. I think about doing the breathing meditation all the time and then sabotage the doing with "monkey-mind" BS resistance. It is getting better--but it is hard!!!

Before the meditation was posted in July my mind was in a quieter place. I was stretching, conscious of doing some pipe breathing and breathing from the diaphragm every day, sleeping well, and carried that relaxed feeling of quiet inner peace most days, then I did that ultimate ;) test of spiritual growth and went out into the world to visit family for two weeks with no access to a computer!!!

So I missed the initial posting of the meditation and have been catching up ever since. Also, also about half the visit I had to sleep next to my beloved, well-meaning, but emotionally toxic, sister and I swear to the gods that I pick up some attachment from her as my head has felt possessed by a chattering, obsessive mind chatter stirring up anxiety attacks like what my sister experiences, but since my Ex3 moved out, I have not--until this visit. I find I now obsessively carry a stupid tune in my head that I don't even like one I heard on the radio driving home (Lionel Ritchie "All Night Long"--although lately it has been rotating with a few others) It's been a couple years since I've had that kind of chatter in my head all day!!! Also the "worries" are back--much of the day is spent worrying about the future occasionally to the point of heart racing, blood pressure popping, hyperventilating fear! I've lost a lot of the ability I had to stay in the present since my venture out into average American daily existence. If there is an attachment will a deep commitment to doing the exercise, breathing and meditation be enough to release it?

I am determine to get my ability to stay present and peaceful back and more, and by doing the yoga exercises and breathing meditation and being here at SOTT--"there's no place like home!" my real home!, I am sure that I will, but there is no shortcut (and I am sooo inheritently lazy!!) Any other recommendations and feedback from forum members would be greatly appreciated--so many of you are so committed and doing so well--that alone is very encouraging--well done! It is such an exciting time!
Thanks for listening.
shellycheval

Since the beginning of this program, I have experienced very few physical symptoms: like Approaching Infinity, a runny nose and the feeling of being run over by a truck. I also have vivid dreams. As I don't zone out at all and have practically no physical symptoms, I was wondering if this is normal. Not that I want anything to happen, but it just doesn't make sense: I've never detoxed, I must be full of toxins, there should be some sort of reaction (unless I'm not doing the program properly).

I have been doing bio energetic and kinesiology work on myself for years, could it be related? That some emotional traumas have already been dealt with thereby cleansing my physical body as well?

Or maybe I'm just an OP and no amount of breathing program can change anything to that fact ? :D

Mrs.Tigersoap said:
Since the beginning of this program, I have experienced very few physical symptoms: like Approaching Infinity, a runny nose and the feeling of being run over by a truck. I also have vivid dreams. As I don't zone out at all and have practically no physical symptoms, I was wondering if this is normal. Not that I want anything to happen, but it just doesn't make sense: I've never detoxed, I must be full of toxins, there should be some sort of reaction (unless I'm not doing the program properly).

I have been doing bio energetic and kinesiology work on myself for years, could it be related? That some emotional traumas have already been dealt with thereby cleansing my physical body as well?

Or maybe I'm just an OP and no amount of breathing program can change anything to that fact ? :D

I haven't noticed any particular physical symptom either (yet). And from the results of the Ultramind quizz, I am in a toxic state. I've begun the detox, but still, I should have some symptoms. Or I don't notice them because of my somewhat poor observation skills when it concerns my physical state :/

As for the psychological/emotional effects, nothing noticeable either. I'm plagued with almost constant mental chatter, especially during the last 2 "sessions" (last Wednesday and Thursday). On Thursday night, I had great difficulty falling asleep and was quite restless. But maybe it has nothing to do with the meditation and the cause is elsewhere.
The problem is that I don't really "let go" during the breathing/meditation: I stay on the watch, keeping one ear/eye open in case one of my children calls, etc. As if I needed that anyway (I'm not the type to relax easily, and hardly ever practiced meditation before -- and also, there's probably the problem of wanting to maintain an illusion of "control").
Still, like you, due to the lack of physical symptoms, I wonder if I do it right...
Well I keep trying anyway. I've only done the full programme 5 ou 6 times, so wait and see.

@Carcosa

I have noticed during the meditation that mind-chatter is prevalent as well. I started to experiment last night, unguided, with 'experiencing' the words rather than saying them (in my head) - I believe G called this type a recapitulation. I must say, it is an entirely different experience. Of course, I was still 'saying' them, at first, but by the time I got to the third cycle, I 'sort of' zoned out, but was aware of experiencing the meaning behind the words. I couldn't tell you how long, or for how many cycles, because I then DID zone out completely drifting off to a wonderful sleep.

(The following is off topic, but I suspect it is connected somehow).

During a 'dream state' G was 'teaching' me again (third time this has happened), and it was the first time that I felt his presence -- [the first two were kind of 'sizing me up' sessions] -- which I think WAS the lesson....what a human can become. I can't really describe in any words other than those already given - his exacting benevolent gaze (penetrating, but not invasive). I remember Laura mentioning getting some 'coaching' at some point too. If you have some 'free time' Laura, could you describe your interaction with G??

At any rate, back to the point of my post - I'd be curious to hear if anyone else has tried this approach with the meditation, and any experiences accompanying it.

Kris

Back
Top Bottom