Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

Great Work Laura and SOTT Team!!!! Thank you very much!

I am starting to practice this breathing now. And yes, I do sound like Darth Vader while I try these.... :lol:

I am looking forward to the video edition.

PS: Thanks to Vulcan for the transcripts.

Smallwood said:
Avala said:
So it actually: 6-3-10-3 formula? It easier for me to remember it and to count when thinking like this.
I've not much familiarity with how to write/read these formulas, but in my opinion it is 6-3-9-3 formula :)

That's it ;D

As always, outstanding work and effort by Laura and Team!!! Thank you all so very much!!! Donation will follow in the next week or two - hopefully large enough to make up for, in these difficult times, what others may be unable to give. In that regard, even for those who are in a very difficulty financial situation, I would like to suggest that if you can give just about US $1 per day, that adds up to $365 a year which can be given on a monthly basis as about $30 a month. If that is out of the question, then half or quarter that amount per month is still some balancing of the exchange, and if enough people give these small amounts it adds up and makes a difference to the invaluable QFG projects so that they will continue their irreplaceable work. Just some perspective....

SeekinTruth said:
In that regard, even for those who are in a very difficulty financial situation, I would like to suggest that if you can give just about US $1 per day, that adds up to $365 a year which can be given on a monthly basis as about $30 a month. If that is out of the question, then half or quarter that amount per month is still some balancing of the exchange, and if enough people give these small amounts it adds up and makes a difference to the invaluable QFG projects so that they will continue their irreplaceable work. Just some perspective....
Yes. I've been thinking of something similar. To my budget, an euro per day is realizable, if I cut everything non-essential. Should have started doing it already :/

psyche said:
Laura said:
It just seemed more natural to say "va-jus". Who knows? Maybe it will start a new trend!
Well I like your trend a lot, the normal way to pronounce sounds close to "vague". Vago (Spanish) means wanderer, but in Spanish also means somebody who is lazy, "vague". But the vagus nerve is a busy nerve! ;)

:lol: I was just reading this one below from the 'High Strangeness' book:

August 1, 1998

Q: (L) According to Dr. Jacobs and the stuff you told us last
week, we are pretty well fried on this planet.
A: No.
Q: (L) What are our options?
A: Vague.
Q: (L) I know that. But, there does not seem to be any other
way to ask this question...
A: Knowledge protects, remember, there are no limits with
knowledge.

Thanks a lot for the big effort! Special thanks to Vulcan for the transcription, much appreciated here.

This breathing exercise really needs a lot of practice, every time you're doing it it's like the lungs can hold a bit more air than before, thus setting off the counting.

Smallwood said:
SeekinTruth said:
In that regard, even for those who are in a very difficulty financial situation, I would like to suggest that if you can give just about US $1 per day, that adds up to $365 a year which can be given on a monthly basis as about $30 a month. If that is out of the question, then half or quarter that amount per month is still some balancing of the exchange, and if enough people give these small amounts it adds up and makes a difference to the invaluable QFG projects so that they will continue their irreplaceable work. Just some perspective....
Yes. I've been thinking of something similar. To my budget, an euro per day is realizable, if I cut everything non-essential. Should have started doing it already :/

The 'Support SOTT.net' donation option is actually a great option for that. If you have a c.c. it'll automatically send the donation to the recipient every month. Then after a year it resets and you can change that monthly donation by re-subscribing to it.

Laura said:
I use a child's abacus. You could also have 12 pennies or small stones and just move them from one pile to another with each in-breath.

I've been doing the breathing on my lunch hour, outside when possible. I sit cross-legged on the ground with my hands palm down. After each complete breath I'll curl one finger on one hand under. When all five are curled, then uncurl them to make ten breaths, then two more, which I can keep track of. After on cycle of twelve, I'll curl one finger of the other hand under, then start again. Then you know how many sets of twelve you've done. Kinda like a portable abacus!

Herondancer

Much Thanks to Laura and The Team Once Again :thup:

I was having a bit of a time with the counting myself but I loaded Laura's voice on my mp3 and put it on repeat. It made things way easier for me and my breathing naturally fell into tempo as well. After some time my heart rate slowed way down but at the same time I felt energized and very relaxed. Totally Awesome! The only problem I noticed was a grinding of the teeth and my fists tensed up for a bit but other than that it went well.
Hopefully soon I won't need the mp3 and I'll be able to find the rhythm myself. :)

About 6-7 weeks ago, I was having the most annoyingly loud tones in my right ear. So much so that I asked "whoever was listening and could help" if there was any way to lessen this. I immediately felt a click and it got better. This prompted me to start meditating and I've had great results ever since. For the last few days, I've been incorporating the breathing program in to the meditation.

I have this one blockage on the left side around the scapula area that is incredibly stubborn. At times, it felt as though it moved and was cleared only to return again! Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you Laura and SOTT team for the breathing instructions; the directions and examples were very clear--not an easy thing to do!

When I first practiced this it was late at night and my three dogs got up out of their beds in the living room and laid down around me at the computer desk on the hardwood floor. They were so calm and quiet that I did not notice they were there until I finished. I think they were either attracted to the energy generated as they were very calm and quiet, or the noisy breathing caused a concern, but I don't think so because they rustle and whimper when they are worried.

As for myself, the breathing produced a deep meditative calm and good sleep afterward! Thank you again so much!--A check is in the mail . . . OK--it will be on Thursday--payday :).
shellycheval

I have been practicing all day today and yesterday. I have tried deep breathing exercises before but the relaxed alert state I am achieving from this is far more prominent than with those. Has anyone else experienced a sort of blurring of vision after a few breaths?

from abcdefghiJoer

What I'm wondering, should the timing (breathing count) of the excersice exactly the same? Or is the main important point: exhaling should be longer than inhaling? Because the time for the outbreathing is too short for me, there is still too much air in my lungs.

Starting the breathing technic I noticed the same thing, I still had air to breath out. I just calibrated it by expelling more air out during the 9 second. You will see after the 3 second pose (before the in-breathing) that the air intake is deeper and flow naturally in.

Combined with the occasional spinning (in whatever direction I feel like at the time), with the PotS (Prayer of the Soul), and taking a hot bath, this breathing is rather speeding up my psychological detoxing, it seems.

Yesterday, astoundingly so - I have not in many months, and never in quite the same way, felt such a large amount of ponerized programming surface at once! Instead of merely blind, unthinking identification influencing mental activity, it "unfolded", "came out" from below a conscious level and became part of my "conscious" emotional orientation. A part of me that decidedly was in favor of STS. And feeling what It was all about, I tried to ascertain what this part of me fundamentally wanted - its Goal. And it had to do with power - which brought me to my previous thoughts of how, funnily enough, knowledge and awareness (and understanding as part of them) being power, it is the STO being that strictly speaking is the most powerful (which is rather funny to consider when keeping in mind the attitude of a devoted STSer as it tries to dominate creation through its twisted ways, staying ultimately "number two" no matter how hard and nastily - and counter-productively - it strives). And I let It - this part of me - grow in my knowledge, expand in awareness as it became increasingly "conscious". The final result, as I kept on pondering, was that it began to "melt".

Thereafter, following the theme of the thoughts of It, I spent some time pondering - and feeling - the deeper nature and reality of some of the nastiest forms of "feeding" going on in the world, and step by step my state of awareness - and the way it felt - kept changing. I did a lot of breathing throughout all this, including when later taking a long, hot bath.

Throughout those hours, from the moment It came into awareness, I felt more ambiguous in terms of alignment - except deeper within, from where I kept "on track" throughout it all.

According to my "energetic perception", I am much cleaner and expanded than before within - but rather more gunky near the surface.

I definitely look forward to more of this breathing, spinning and praying!

I have been exercising the type of breathing as described on Laura's tape for a few days now ...

The problem that I have come upon is, that it doesn't feel very relaxing. Or maybe relaxing is not the right word ... What I mean is, that stimulation of the vagal nerve should slow down your heartbeat, amongst other things. My heartbeat seems to go up, which for me is a sign of stimulation of the sympathetic system - just the opposite. I do however feel some kind of "relaxation" or mental acuity afterwards - but with a pounding heart ...

I just wanted to run this past you all and ask, if you have had similar experiences? Maybe my technique is wrong? Or maybe I just haven't exercised enough? I just don't want to get into a false technique form the outset - if I can avoid that ...

Thanks all for your feedback!

Back
Top Bottom