Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

Many thinks, Laura, from the bottom of my heart. Been feeling a bit depressed lately what with the increasingly overt signs of ponerization going on here on the BBM. Family and friends seem so far away...and so under the influence of the pathological PTB. It's heartbreaking sometimes to see and hear them mimic and believe the lies of this world. The Prayer of the Soul and the offering of these audio/visual breathing exercises renews my faith and hope in the Universe.

When we breath in, are we suppose to time it so that our lungs are at full capacity when you say, "hold"?

Just finished introductory audio, and this is the best spent hour today!

Thank you for this superb delivery - this is the best lecture I ever listened. You could easily put to shame many members of academia. Not very often I had opportunity to listen lecturer who has done such thorough research, connects so many dots in concise way and most importantly delivers in light almost humorous flowing way. Maybe I sound overly enthusiastic, but after a very long day this hour on the sofa listening to the audio has left me charged with positive energy and a lot of enthusiasm.

Well done Laura and the team, keep them coming!

Whoever listens don't forget that you would at least pay a ticket for a lecture of this quality and remember - there is never such thing as free lunch in 3D!

I just finished with the audio. Wow, I'm going to have to listen to that again. That was extremely informative and is way more than I expected. I found myself bouncing around on Wikipedia trying to get a graphical representation of the vagus nerve and all the connections you describe.

After hearing this and becoming conscious of how I breath, I realize that I am a chest breather. I will need to practice the belly breathing technique you describe regarding lying down with a book on my belly. Actually in the short time here since I've become aware of this and tried switching to breathing through my belly, I can tell my facial muscles are already more relaxed than they usually are.

Again, thank you! I can certainly spare a small donation for this.

:clap:

Ryan

Breathe in for the full count, yes. And try to breathe in as deeply as possible, with the diaphragm, so that when I say "hold" you have really full lungs and can then, following the hold, control the slow release of the breath to emphasize the period of vagal nerve stimulation. The short hold after the release of the breath will make you "air hungry" so that you will be more inclined to breathe as deeply as possible when I next say "breathe in."

I have not been very active in this important thread(s) but I have read it all and I want to Thank everyone involved! This will be very
thrilling to take part of. I cant add much in terms of signal to this topic but I feel this is important step for me to take.

I also want to thank everyone here in this forum who is sincere in their quest for objectivity and truth, I enjoy greatly reading your comments and input. Let's do this! :)

Thanks again!

I'd like to share an observation I've made while experimenting with the abdominal breathing. It's about how to tell when you're using the upper (wrong) muscles instead of the diaphragm.

It seems to me that there are two kinds of "full", with regards to the air we take in. When breathing with the diaphragm, we fill the lungs, but it's not uncomfortable in any way and one still feels relatively relaxed. But there is a way to take in more air. The way you do this is by using those upper muscles; the pecs and neck ones.

When I do this, it feels like the extra air isn't filling the lungs at all; they're already full. The extra air is filling trachea. When this happens, if one closes the pharynx to keep the air in, the pressure pushing against it hurts a little bit.

So I think one can tell if they're only using the diaphragm because this doesn't happen; the trachea doesn't fill up like that and there's no tension in the neck and chest this way.

Corto Maltese said:
Whoever listens don't forget that you would at least pay a ticket for a lecture of this quality and remember - there is never such thing as free lunch in 3D!

Yup! This effort on the part of Laura & Company is very generous. When one thinks about what some patent-happy guru or self-help king would charge for such a service, finding a little spare change or going without a few things that add up to a donation is worth the price...ten times over! There are always options/possibilities floating around that might help reciprocate such an energy exchange.

Laura said:
Breathe in for the full count, yes. And try to breathe in as deeply as possible, with the diaphragm, so that when I say "hold" you have really full lungs and can then, following the hold, control the slow release of the breath to emphasize the period of vagal nerve stimulation. The short hold after the release of the breath will make you "air hungry" so that you will be more inclined to breathe as deeply as possible when I next say "breathe in."

Before I forget...if anyone has asthma, you may need to keep your inhaler handy initially, when you start the beginning breathing exercise. It's quite similar to the deep breathing children are taught to monitor their asthma. (Yes I'm showing my age, I don't use a peak flow meter)

Just an fyi. :)

Wow, I'm listening to the intro now. Thank you for getting this out so quickly and including WHY this is important for us to do. Excellent introduction so far. :clap: :clap:

:cool2:

I was doing this exercise and the cat jumped on my lap and started purring. The thought came to me that this may be their way of doing pipe breathing , even though the scientists don't know why and how they purr.

Throat singing has the same effect for me as well, as that Vagula nerve gets rattled around a bit and the breathing is very similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kDXGSwiRmA&feature=related

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khoomei

Back
Top Bottom