Elon Musk: Tech Genius! Green Warrior! Biz King! Good Oligarch?

The big question is why you would want to do that Mars colonization thing in the first place?
Is there something inherently wrong with it though, if those who want to do it, do it? Most billionaires spend their money on superyachts and palaces - so Musk following his dream, however misguided his reasons may be, is still inspiring.

I'm almost certain that if I could access the data and run an analysis, I could prove Elon spent 5x more to do this than it cost NASA or the Russians in 1965 dollar real terms.
Russians never succeeded to build a functioning Moon rocket (similar in size to the Apollo rockets or the Starship). As to NASA, they spent $50 billion to develop their new SLS rocket and Orion capsule between 2006 and the first test launch in 2022. And none of it is reusable.

SpaceX spent $3 billion from 2014 up until May 2023 for the Starship rocket development and are currently spending about $2 billion a year in development costs (Source). So a total of about $10 billion at most to have an already flying rocket that can become reusable.

Overall, that is 5 times cheaper than a comparable current project from NASA. The actual flight costs for both rockets are also no comparison, since NASA will just throw away every rocket after launch, while SpaceX plans to use them many times.

There is a lot to criticize about Musk (eg. his hairbrained brain-chip idea), but bringing down the costs of spaceflight is not one of those things, in my opinion.

Overall, that is 5 times cheaper than a comparable current project from NASA.

You can't know that because the data is not available.

All we have to judge is propaganda.

Many decades ago I invested a thousand hours of training to get an MPA in specializing in Budgeting from a world-class University. It didn't take long for me to realize this career path would wind up with me eating a pistol, so I quit.

The only way we could determine the cost effectiveness of Space X is to use Generally Accepted Accounting Principles to perform a full financial audit of that corporation.

The financial data necessary to do that is Secret, hidden inside the Deep State's "National Security" black box. We will never see it.

Stiff, puffy suits, to be expected, cannot be seen in the few images of them testing them in what looks like a high altitude chamber. In keeping with an international tradition that began in the mid 60's there's no footage of them going through their paces in a vacuum chamber. There was no suited up pool or zero G plane containing capsule mock ups for training, they just dangled in harnesses to simulate zero G, in Levi's. Was budget a constraint? They did just about everything else; flying in the only civilian owned MiG-29 in the world; hiking snow covered volcanoes; scuba and sky diving!
No video of them dressing up or down. How do they gear up in that cramped capsule?
No stars, not one but down on Earth there's an abundance, even with foreground illumination. Same happened with Artemis, most cellphones readily record stars, haven't seen one.
Oh the hair! Why?!?! Watch at 3:10 as the blonde flicks her hair up with hand, it falls down again and resumes its original position except for that strand that adheres to her left shoulder.
Here's her hair on the parabolic zero-G jet versus Polaris.
1726305196704.png1726305294839.png
Looks like there's a ton of product radiating from that hairline!
Some sped up hair on the ISS compared to the vomit comet.
At least they're not wearing the silly bling so often seen on the ISS.

You can't know that because the data is not available.

All we have to judge is propaganda.
Then why are you almost certain that SpaceX spent 5x more than NASA on a similar project? What is this based on?

No video of them dressing up or down. How do they gear up in that cramped capsule?
No stars, not one but down on Earth there's an abundance, even with foreground illumination. Same happened with Artemis, most cellphones readily record stars, haven't seen one.
Oh the hair! Why?!?! Watch at 3:10 as the blonde flicks her hair up with hand, it falls down again and resumes its original position except for that strand that adheres to her left shoulder.
I am not sure what point you are trying to make - that it was fake footage? I am sceptical of such claims because much of it seems to come from the flat earth psyop. What is certain though is that NASA and others censor their footage of ruins on other planets.

Is there something inherently wrong with it though, if those who want to do it, do it? Most billionaires spend their money on superyachts and palaces - so Musk following his dream, however misguided his reasons may be, is still inspiring.
It's bad as hell.

Other people are going to suffer and die because of it.

And blatant stupidity shouldn't inspire anyone.

The technology already exists in humans' hands to make that journey comfortable and safe.

And blatant stupidity shouldn't inspire anyone.
I don't see anything stupid about creating reusable rockets that land - something that even NASA, Russia or China are unable to achieve.

The technology already exists in humans' hands to make that journey comfortable and safe.
Unless that technology becomes available to humanity at large, we cannot use it obviously.

Other people are going to suffer and die because of it.
If someone follows their dream of going to another planet, that is their free will decision. Whether they are "going to" suffer and die, you don't know either.

If someone follows their dream of going to another planet, that is their free will decision. Whether they are "going to" suffer and die, you don't know either
That's true, and more and more people are taking part in risky sports.

Many are seriously injured or killed, and it is their free will of course.

The owner of the company will watch it comfortably on a television screen.

Mainwhile in Europe 2030 agenda continue...

You have nothing and you will be happy!

Then why are you almost certain that SpaceX spent 5x more than NASA on a similar project? What is this based on?

It is based upon my decades of experience working for Private Contractors in the health care and information technology industries.

I have personally witnessed financial obscenities so evil you wouldn't believe them unless you saw them with your own eyes.

Egregious Taxpayer fleecing is not the Exception. It is the Rule.

People don't know this because American Media is the best propaganda and brainwashing machine on this planet.

Back
Top Bottom