EMF protection

I'm testing the ADR TEX - EMF shielding fabric. It seems that it works so I'd like to share some information about it.

From the manufacturer website:

ADR®TEX is an (EMF) electromagnetic field shielding fabric, (PEM), which does not need grounding. The method of shielding developed by ADR®Technology allows adjustment of the composite’s dielectric absorption frequency range. Such a solution ensures comfortable and safe shielding from EMF.

ADR®TEX gives highly effective protection against harmful EMFs which are emitted by telecommunication devices such as masts and phones, GSM, UMTS, LTE, Wi-Fi, etc, as well as fields which are emitted by household electrical cables and circuits, and electrical and electronic appliances.

I'm not qualified enough to decide whether it should work or not based on the specifications but maybe someone else could comment on this.
ADR TEX shield based on ADR Technology is a complex microcomposite. The basic matrix is a fabric woven from three kinds of threads: Rayan, Nylon and INOX thread (PES yarn with metallic filling) in respective weight ratio of 44:36:20. After weaving (broken twill weave) the fabric was soaked with ADR SOL and dried.

My tests were simple, yet I tried to make them as objective as I could.

The first test that I come up with and performed was with a laptop and a cellular modem. I covered the modem with the fabric and I checked whether the internet range on the laptop screen would drop down or not. Every time I covered the modem, the range dropped significantly, and every time I uncovered it, I observed the full range again.

The second test that I performed was to cover myself and the smartphone entirely with the fabric and check whether it would impact the range of the wifi networks. It seems that the fabric blocks some of the signal but can't block the strongest transmitters entirely. Nevertheless, in my opinion, the difference is quite significant and worth noting. I've attached two screenshots from this test (wifi availability and ranges in the same place with and without the fabric covering).

Screenshot_20200110-092756.jpg Screenshot_20200110-093003.jpg

As for the more subjective tests I can say that I feel the positive effects of this fabric overall. But one important thing to note is that it seems to work best when you're covered with it entirely. And if this is not possible, covering the head, works best.

I tried to sleep on it as well as covered with it (head entirely covered, but feet uncovered, as well as feet covered, head uncovered). There was not a big difference in my opinion. Except for the one night when it seems that I was able to sleep motionless on my back (I normally tend to move a lot when I sleep). That night when I got up after about 6 - 7 hours, I was laying in the same position that I remember when I was falling asleep and the fabric was covering my head entirely all the night. The sleep quality that night was outstanding.

Probably the best way to utilize this fabric for protection during sleep would be to prepare some kind of a tent over the bed. Because it is almost impossible to keep it wrapped around your whole body all night and also it is not very convenient. But the effect is a lot better and more noticeable when you do it this way. So the tent probably would be most convenient and helpful.

I have the best feeling of using this fabric when I take a nap. I lay on my bed and wrap myself with the fabric entirely (with crouched legs so that all my body is covered) and I relax for about half an hour. Sometimes I fell asleep and even if I sleep only for a few minutes, I feel full of energy afterwards. I must say that it is a really refreshing experience and I would compare it to laying on the grass in the garden meditating.

It may be my subjective experience but I think this fabric works somehow. So if some of you are sensitive to EMF radiation I would suggest to give it a try. Unfortunately, it is not cheap, but it seems to work so I think it is worth the price.

Exciting news.

ADR: The basic matrix is a fabric woven from three kinds of threads: Rayan, Nylon and INOX thread (PES yarn with metallic filling) in respective weight ratio of 44:36:20. After weaving (broken twill weave) the fabric was soaked with ADR SOL and dried.

I'm interested in what this "non-woven fabric" actually feels like.
Being made from nylon it seems to be synthetic stuff.

If you're covering your body with it, do you feel sweaty?

The term "Polymeric nanocomposites" reminds of nanoparticles which are known to cause hazardous effects on humans.

Thank you for testing and presenting this material...

Thank-you for your post, Lukasz! Very interesting.

Indeed, when I went to explore further, I discovered that there is now quite a varied selection of fabrics available today. So-called, "Faraday Fabrics".

I think the competition is driving the prices down; there are several which are more affordable than the fabric you tested. -Along with varying reviews as to their effectiveness. It looks like a rather Wild West of options out there.

I am tempted to pick up a yard or so to see what might be done with it, but then realized that.., I'm not sure how I'd use it exactly. A hoodie, perhaps? Something to line a hat?

I think for now my best option is simply to control my environment rather than make silver sheets. -Though, I can understand if you lived in an tenement building or a similar situation that it might be a good idea to perhaps line the walls with this stuff, (I think there is also wallpaper now, too), to block emissions from sloppy neighbors in the next apartment. That might actually be a pretty decent solution.

I ran a bunch of tests with silk, and they came back negative. The silk I tried was completely invisible to 4G signals. This stuff, however, looks like it will actually create a real barrier. (Though, as per Scottie's excellent tech series on YouTube and his cell phone isolation box, we learn that it's REALLY hard, even using high quality materials, to achieve a full barrier. Radio waves are worse than spilled black ink. The stuff gets just everywhere!)

But for general toxin-lowering.., maybe it's time to re-popularize the poncho?

I'm interested in what this "non-woven fabric" actually feels like.
Being made from nylon it seems to be synthetic stuff.
If you're covering your body with it, do you feel sweaty?

I would describe it to be a little similar in touch to linen. You feel that it's synthetic stuff and it's quite rough but not unpleasant. When I'm covered with it I don't feel sweaty. I feel warm but not too much. It's possible to breathe normally when you're covering your body with it. I even tried doing the EE while covered with it ;)

Here is the closeup photo of the material:
adr_2020-01-11_18-04-30.jpg

I am tempted to pick up a yard or so to see what might be done with it, but then realized that.., I'm not sure how I'd use it exactly. A hoodie, perhaps? Something to line a hat?

I think for now my best option is simply to control my environment rather than make silver sheets. -Though, I can understand if you lived in an tenement building or a similar situation that it might be a good idea to perhaps line the walls with this stuff, (I think there is also wallpaper now, too), to block emissions from sloppy neighbors in the next apartment. That might actually be a pretty decent solution.

I ran a bunch of tests with silk, and they came back negative. The silk I tried was completely invisible to 4G signals. This stuff, however, looks like it will actually create a real barrier. (Though, as per Scottie's excellent tech series on YouTube and his cell phone isolation box, we learn that it's REALLY hard, even using high quality materials, to achieve a full barrier. Radio waves are worse than spilled black ink. The stuff gets just everywhere!)

But for general toxin-lowering.., maybe it's time to re-popularize the poncho?

I think that the good use of this fabric would be to protect you when you sleep. Especially when you have to sleep in a place that is full of EMF radiation. One option would be to have two pieces of the fabric and use one on (or under) the mattress and the second one to cover you. Another possibility would be to prepare a canopy/tent around the bed. From my experience, the most important thing to 'feel the difference' is to cover yourself with the fabric entirely. Your idea to line the walls is great, I thought about it too but it would be very expensive and you would have to do it in the room without windows or cover the windows too to enjoy the positive effect fully ;-)

You're right that it's really hard, to achieve a full barrier but I think that even partial barrier is better than nothing. Especially for people that are very sensitive to EMF radiation. I agree that the best option would be to change the environment to a safer one, with less radiation. In the meantime, I'm glad that I have at least some kind of protection at all.

As I've mentioned in the previous post, when I take a short nap under this fabric it feels really refreshing. When I'm in the EMF polluted environment I lose my energy very fast. But after such a nap (20 - 30min), I feel like I'm starting my day again. For now, this is the best application of this fabric that I found.

Session 21 September 2002 said:
Q: (A) Is it an objective fact that I think much more objectively outside than inside, as I was noticing over the past weeks?
A: Yes. It is due to long wave cluster pattern in the house.
Q: (A) Is this due to some external source?
A: Yes.
Q: (A) What is the location of the source?
A: Hidden source. Think in terms of military generators placed at specific locations for general "control."
Q: (L) So everybody is being bombarded by it so nobody can think. Everybody's asleep. (A) Why does it affect me more than Laura?
A: It doesn't. Just different symptoms.
Q: {Small exchange about Laura's physical symptoms edited out.}(A) Still, I would like to understand why being outside, why walking...
A: Geometrical structures cause "clustering."
Q: (A) Can we a) shield, b) have some antidote that would somehow weaken...
A: The best antidote is to move.
Q: (A) Yes, this is the best antidote. But, in order to move we have to do certain things - it would be nice if we could do these certain things in better mind capacity - therefore, what is the next best antidote that can be applied here, before we move?
A: Wave generator with broad-spectrum capability so as to cancel.
Q: (A) What waves: acoustic or electromagnetic?
A: EM.
Q: (A) Are such wave generators commercially available?
A: Probably not. Why not build one?
Q: (A) Okay, we can build a wave generator. What power is needed? If we build an EM wave generator, it will just create EM noise, right?
A: Yes.
Q: (L) So, we'll be poisoning ourselves twice! (A) Right!
A: Unless detector that is adjustable is added and tuned to precise canceling frequency.
Q: (L) I think it would be cheaper to move. (A) A broad band wave generator, like a damaged florescent tube produces all kinds of EM noise. But if you tune the frequency. (L) Well, you have to have a detector AND a tuner. Cheaper to move.
A: Better, too!
Q: (A) There must be some way to make the body less vulnerable to these things.
A: Silk clothing and headgear.
Q: (A) I know! Aluminum pyramids! [Laughter.]
A: With silk lining.

Link to session

It would be interesting to build an EM wave generator to cancel out other EM noise. If anyone's interested on the physics of how that works, Khan Academy has a video on wave interference. The relevant part is destructive interference where you introduce a second EM wave that has identical amplitude to the first wave, but is 180 degrees out of phase with it.

Another solution is to use silk as is recommended here and in the session above.

Altair said:
I remember seeing several years a video on Youtube where a guy measured whether piece of silk could reduce EMF (sorry, I can't find the video any more). He couldn't measure any reduction with his EMF meter. I don't remember what kind of frequency he measured and what kind of silk he used.
Anyway, from my expierence I can say that mulberry silk does help. For me personally sleeping under silk adds one hour extra sleep.

Still wondering how it works...

I bought this cap from Amazon, but it kept slipping out when I was sleeping. I'll find a way to keep it on, but the good thing is that it's cheap. Will test. The most gains I've found for limiting EM pollution was disabling the Wifi at night and during the day when possible (ethernet cables).

There's also this company called Silk that makes silk pillowcases and headgear with super high quality materials. Silk is graded between 1A and 6A based on fiber length, with the higher 6A being the longest and most durable. They sell these turbans that are 6A silk and are thicker than most commercial silk mattress covers.

FWIW, a friend of mind ordered one of the hats made with 30% silver fabric that supposedly shields EMF and claims the difference is remarkable. Pressure/buzzing she often experiences when working in a city has nearly disappeared. I might give it a go and buy one although I am not as hypersensitive. I do feel a pain and heat after making a phone call with my old 3G phone though - it takes around 3 minutes and I want to hang up. I think if it works it could be a nice addition to one's EMF protection wear. Made in Slovakia. But wonder if anyone thinks it's ok to wear metal fabric on your head/body.

I'm testing the ADR TEX - EMF shielding fabric. It seems that it works so I'd like to share some information about it.

From the manufacturer website:

I'm not qualified enough to decide whether it should work or not based on the specifications but maybe someone else could comment on this.

My tests were simple, yet I tried to make them as objective as I could.

The first test that I come up with and performed was with a laptop and a cellular modem. I covered the modem with the fabric and I checked whether the internet range on the laptop screen would drop down or not. Every time I covered the modem, the range dropped significantly, and every time I uncovered it, I observed the full range again.

The second test that I performed was to cover myself and the smartphone entirely with the fabric and check whether it would impact the range of the wifi networks. It seems that the fabric blocks some of the signal but can't block the strongest transmitters entirely. Nevertheless, in my opinion, the difference is quite significant and worth noting. I've attached two screenshots from this test (wifi availability and ranges in the same place with and without the fabric covering).

View attachment 33190 View attachment 33191

As for the more subjective tests I can say that I feel the positive effects of this fabric overall. But one important thing to note is that it seems to work best when you're covered with it entirely. And if this is not possible, covering the head, works best.

I tried to sleep on it as well as covered with it (head entirely covered, but feet uncovered, as well as feet covered, head uncovered). There was not a big difference in my opinion. Except for the one night when it seems that I was able to sleep motionless on my back (I normally tend to move a lot when I sleep). That night when I got up after about 6 - 7 hours, I was laying in the same position that I remember when I was falling asleep and the fabric was covering my head entirely all the night. The sleep quality that night was outstanding.

Probably the best way to utilize this fabric for protection during sleep would be to prepare some kind of a tent over the bed. Because it is almost impossible to keep it wrapped around your whole body all night and also it is not very convenient. But the effect is a lot better and more noticeable when you do it this way. So the tent probably would be most convenient and helpful.

I have the best feeling of using this fabric when I take a nap. I lay on my bed and wrap myself with the fabric entirely (with crouched legs so that all my body is covered) and I relax for about half an hour. Sometimes I fell asleep and even if I sleep only for a few minutes, I feel full of energy afterwards. I must say that it is a really refreshing experience and I would compare it to laying on the grass in the garden meditating.

It may be my subjective experience but I think this fabric works somehow. So if some of you are sensitive to EMF radiation I would suggest to give it a try. Unfortunately, it is not cheap, but it seems to work so I think it is worth the price.

this might seem obvious but why don't you use the magnetometer of your smartphone(e.g those EMF apps)??

FWIW, a friend of mind ordered one of the hats made with 30% silver fabric that supposedly shields EMF and claims the difference is remarkable. Pressure/buzzing she often experiences when working in a city has nearly disappeared. I might give it a go and buy one although I am not as hypersensitive. I do feel a pain and heat after making a phone call with my old 3G phone though - it takes around 3 minutes and I want to hang up. I think if it works it could be a nice addition to one's EMF protection wear. Made in Slovakia. But wonder if anyone thinks it's ok to wear metal fabric on your head/body.

i thought any metal was likely to make it worse, no?

i thought any metal was likely to make it worse, no?
I am a bit sceptical too when it comes to wearing something directly on your skin. When the nanoparticle silver fiber was introduced to the market in recent years (e.g. antibacterial socks), I was doubtful. The company says they don't make their products using any nanoparticle technology, just a pure silver lining, which is good. You can also see their FAQs below. They have some simple explanation videos about testing the shielding capacity on their site.

I think the idea behind that stuff is that it acts like a faraday cage - disperse the charge or radiation around the exterior and cancels out the charge/radiation on the interior.
Yes, that's what they say.

FAQ

DOES THE SIGNALPROOF APPAREL BLOCKS 5G NETWORK?

The answer is: YES, it does.

5G or 5th generation of mobile network uses multiple low and high frequencies, for instance 700 MHz or 3500 MHz. It mostly runs on 700 MHz which was used by terrestrial TV in the past and emitted from long distances with very low intensity. Now it comes directly in cities and highly multiplies its intensity. The penetration of 700 MHz into buildings is very good and actually the best amongst all active mobile network frequencies, that's why it's going to be used for 5G.

The second phase of 5G roll out will use much higher frequencies, 20 000 - 30 000 GHz, and this is about to come sometime around 2025. Shielding fabrics are designed to withstand also these super high frequencies but are not officialy tested for them yet.

Basically, most of tests of shielding fabrics are done up to 6GHz since the highest known frequency used commercially in our daily life is WiFi 5.8 GHz.

Our shielding silver fabric blocks frequencies from 10 MHz to 6GHz (and beyond) which includes also above mentioned 700 MHz. Therefore you're protected against 5G with SHIELD Signalproof Apparel .

When it comes to the comparison of 5G with 4G or LTE, they use even more frequencies: 800 MHz / 900 MHz / 1800 MHz / 2100 MHz / 2600 MHz.

WHY IS THE SIGNALPROOF HAT MORE EXPENSIVE THAN ORDINARY HAT?

The answer is: Because of special shielding silver fabric inside the hat.

Every signalproof hat is made out from the outer layer and inner layer. Inner layer is always the special shielding fabric which consists of the pure silver that assures the highest performance and has other advantages like antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiodor and antistatic feature. There are also cheaper materials for this purpose, for instance copper or steel but they don't last long time, don't have additional features or inhibit alergy. And silver is silver.

WHY IS MY CELL PHONE RINGING INSIDE THE HAT?

The answer is: The signal around must be stronger than the hat is able to completely attenuate.

Signal-blocking hat is not a magic. It's the pure physics. Special shielding fabric can shield only the particular spectrum of electromagnetic radiation. Generally, the shielding effect is up to ≈80db. If the signal around is more than this value, what is the very normal and common situation, your cell phone covered by hat will be ringing. But the received signal is reduced almost to the null. It's the same with waterproof, windproof, bulletproof or other proof materials. If you start shooting from the machine gun to the bulletproof vest, it will fail. If you expose the waterproof jacket to the storm, it will fail. If you expose the windproof pants to the hurricane, it will fail. But you will still stay somehow more protected and comfortable than you would be without it. Signalproof feature is not 100% protection, but it's worth having it.

CAN I MEASURE THE SIGNALPROOF EFFICIENCY BY CELL PHONE?

The answer is: Barely.

Dots or ticks on signal indicator are not accurate and each phone model reacts differently. It takes also a long time until the phone realizes that he is losing the signal. The next problem is that you can not see the reaction of your phone inside the apparel. If you put it in and then you pull it out you will not see the real status of the indicator. You would have to be inside the apparel with your phone. It's like testing the waterproof bag under the water. You simply can't open the bag under the water to check if it is dry. And also the signal strength varies and depends on where you are. If you are very close to the emitter or antenna, then your signal indicator will maybe not drop. The thing is that the apparel can't reduce signals completely, but it reduces them to a minimum and they have almost no effect on you. The only reliable way how to test the apparel is with certified measuring instruments or EMF consultants. We did it as you can see in the video above or you can do it by yourself in these places. Signal strength in the apparel is hundreds of times lower than outside.

There is an app which can measure the hat's efficiency. You can download it here.

IS THERE SOME EVIDENCE THAT SIGNALS ARE HARMFUL?

We are not saying that it's proved or we should be scared. And the truth is that there is no official evidence that signals cause something. But there are many studies and plenty of documentaries which are dealing with this topic. And without the wind, the grass does not move. If you want to know more about this issue, here is the list of studies.

DOES THE APPAREL REALLY WORK?

Yes, it works thanks to the special silver shielding fabric inside. It has standard shielding effectivity 40dB-80dB from 10 MHz to 6 GHz. Silver is also antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiodor and antistatic. Generally it can't completely protect your body against signals because it should be covered from the top to the bottom. The shielding fabric is tested and it blocks High Frequency & Low Frequency electromagnetic radiation.

DOES IT NEED TO BE GROUNDED?

No. Faraday cage works also without ground connection when it comes to the hat. And signals are not amplified without earth bond.

DOES IT INCREASE THE CHANCE OF LIGHTNING STRIKE?

No, it definitely doesn't.

DO SIGNALS COME THROUGH OTHER PARTS OF BODY?

If you are thinking about signals that come through other parts of body and hit the inside of the reflective side of apparel, then pass back through the body a second time or stay inside and multiply their power, then you have to know that it is ridiculous. The signal is not a bullet and the apparel / hat is not an amplifier. It's like giving a question, “why do i feel cold in my winter jacket, it was supposed to protect me against cold and it comes through my sleeves, top and bottom parts.” Nothing is one hundred percent and everything depends on other factors. But in any case, you are not going to freeze in that winter jacket. The frequency of signals inside the apparel is very very low and is also decreased by your skin, bones and water in the tissue.

IS THE HAT JUST THE FANCIER VERSION OF TIN FOIL HAT?

Our hat is not the improved version of “tin foil hat”. It's inspired by actual situation and studies. Until now, we've known the waterproof, windproof or dustproof feature. Now it's time to introduce the signalproof feature into fashion. Shield is more beautiful, comfortable and sophisticated hat than the tin foil hat.

Perhaps make a sleeping bag with the fabric. For myself I'd make something shaped like a giant pillow case, with plenty of room in it to move around. I'd make it with a long flange on one side of the free edge, so it could go over my head.
The fabric also seems good to use for interlinings on jackets and such. I'd place it under the regular lining so as to reduce wear and tear on the fabric.
It comes in 200cm x 200cm pieces. If my math is correct, this is enough to construct 2 sleeping bags for someone of about my size. I'm 5'4" tall and of normal girth.
Method: Cut the fabric into 2 strips of 100 cm x 200 cm using pinking shears to reduce edge fraying. Fold one strip up on itself so that it is doubled to a length of foot to neck. This should leave a flap on one side long enough to cover the head. Sew the 2 sides together to form a sack. Or, sew one side together and make a closable join on the other side, such as with a zipper. Be sure to leave some edge fabric to cover the closure in this case. The bag could easily be lined and/or covered with silk for extra protection of the body and the fabric, just by adding the layer/s during construction. Best to wash both fabrics first, as there may be a shrinkage differential.
That leaves half the fabric for other purposes. Or, one could use the whole piece for a double bag.

Last edited:
Perhaps make a sleeping bag with the fabric. For myself I'd make something shaped like a giant pillow case, with plenty of room in it to move around. I'd make it with a long flange on one side of the free edge, so it could go over my head.
The fabric also seems good to use for interlinings on jackets and such. I'd place it under the regular lining so as to reduce wear and tear on the fabric.
It comes in 200cm x 200cm pieces. If my math is correct, this is enough to construct 2 sleeping bags for someone of about my size. I'm 5'4" tall and of normal girth.
Method: Cut the fabric into 2 strips of 100 cm x 200 cm using pinking shears to reduce edge fraying. Fold one strip up on itself so that it is doubled to a length of foot to neck. This should leave a flap on one side long enough to cover the head. Sew the 2 sides together to form a sack. Or, sew one side together and make a closable join on the other side, such as with a zipper. Be sure to leave some edge fabric to cover the closure in this case. The bag could easily be lined and/or covered with silk for extra protection of the body and the fabric, just by adding the layer/s during construction. Best to wash both fabrics first, as there may be a shrinkage differential.
That leaves half the fabric for other purposes. Or, one could use the whole piece for a double bag.
I like the bag idea because it is easy to travel with it, and also useful as a drape or shawl in other areas of the house, or in the car/plane/train.

Continuous metal like tinfoil is bad in certain situations where it can behave like an antenna and concentrate energy. It will also reflect EMF rather than absorbing it and turning it into heat. But a continuous metal surface is most effective at blocking RF. It all depends on the shape. To act as an antenna it has to have a geometric relationship with the wavelength of the EMF.

The composite fabric has a matrix of random conductive fibers. Small fibers will absorb EMF and turn it to heat, but with the disadvantage that they cannot block the energy completely like foil can. Inox steel is just a kind of stainless steel, the name was probably used for marketing reasons.

Even with continuous metal, if you do not have a full faraday cage some will always get in. So if it is good enough the advantages of a flexible cloth will outweigh the blocking ability of a foil or mesh.

I bought shungite stones from Amazon with the notion that it can help ameliorate the harmful effects of EMF. I heard there were a lot of fakes and tested the ones I linked using a voltmeter and they were the real deal. I place them on my laptop while I work and they seem to work in that I felt a faint fogginess in my mind being lifted. This is anecdotal however. Does anyone else have experience with these strange stones?

Back
Top Bottom