Events in Russia

The investigation of the terrorist attack against a former SBU officer shows a real terrorist international. Poland, Moldova, Lithuania and of course Ukraine are here.
The FSB detained the courier who handed over parts of the bomb to blow up Prozorov's car
The FSB showed a photo of a Warsaw resident involved in the bombing of Prozorov's car
MOSCOW, April 17 — RIA Novosti. The FSB detained the courier who delivered the components of the bomb to Moscow, which blew up the car of ex-SBU employee Vasily Prozorov, and traced the path of the parcel from Warsaw.
"A citizen of Russia and Moldova, born in 1994, was detained, who delivered components of a radio-controlled explosive device to Russia from abroad as a courier," the release says.
Arrest of a man who blew up a car

It is noted that the explosion was prepared on the instructions of the head of the SBU Vasily Malyuk.
A video posted by the FSB shows a paper bag containing cosmetic products, as well as an empty container — behind the scenes, a woman says that she will "put a fish in there." Photos of the girl are also shown.

According to the security forces, the components of the bomb were disguised as manicure tools and hair care products. They were sent from Warsaw to Lithuania by a resident of the Polish capital through a private transport company.
After receiving the cargo in Lithuania, the courier brought it by car to Moscow.
"
"On the instructions of the sender of the parcel, he handed it over to an SBU agent, a Russian citizen, born in 1983, who, under the supervision of a curator, assembled an explosive device and installed it under the victim's car," the FSB added.
The detainee admitted that he received the cargo from Poland on April 6. The next day, the sender contacted him, who asked when her representative could pick up the parcel, and the meeting with him took place in the evening of the same day.

Prozorov's car was blown up in the north of Moscow on April 12, when he was getting into it. The man suffered injuries to his arms and legs.
The day before, the FSB announced the detention of a Ukrainian agent who installed and remotely detonated a bomb. He said that he attached an improvised explosive device to the bottom of a Toyota Land Cruiser Prado at about two in the morning on April 9.
In recent years, Prozorov has lived in Russia and investigated the crimes of the Kiev regime.
ФСБ задержала курьера, передавшего части бомбы для подрыва авто Прозорова

Расследование теракта в отношении бывшего сотрудника СБУ показывает настоящий террористический интернационал. Здесь Польша, Молдова, Литва и конечно же Украина.

Russian Deputy Defense Minister Timur Ivanov has been detained on suspicion of taking a bribe.

The Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation reported that Ivanov was detained under Article 290 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation. This is a bribe of 1 million rubles or more. He faces up to 15 years in a colony.

Shoigu was informed of the arrest in advance. Putin was also informed about Ivanov's detention.

We are waiting for information about the real size of the bribe and, of course, about the bribe-giver. Putin's inauguration is approaching, which means that the time is coming to cleanse the Defense Ministry of vlasov's generals, who received their stars in the 90s in the U.S. Embassy.

Again an "innocent" man is sent to the Russian gulag. :lol:

By the way, in Russia the deputy defense minister caught in corruption has been detained and is demanding arrest.
In Ukraine, a defense minister caught in corruption is sent to London.:lol:

Again an "innocent" man is sent to the Russian gulag. :lol:
Well, as we say, there is nowhere to put a sample on this person at all. He was a businessman in the 90s, then he was someone (engaged in construction) in the government of the Moscow region (apparently not far from the former finance minister, who was recently given 14 years for embezzlement of 11 billion) and jumped from there to the Ministry of Defense. Already being in the Ministry of Defense, instead of three small ones, he received one big star, i.e. from colonel-general he became an army general. Special merits are needed for such promotions, and what did we hear about him before this arrest? Absolutely nothing, which means that all his merits lie in proper and timely payment. The rank of army general is very expensive, to put it mildly.

For example, I will give Yevkurov. This is a real military commander, a hero of Russia, was the president of Ingushetia, i.e. in terms of military and state merits, he is three heads higher than that bribe taker, besides, he is now at the same level - deputy minister. So what? When he was appointed to the post of deputy minister, he was a major general, he was quickly given one star (otherwise it is not respectable for a major general to be next to marshals), that's how he still goes as a lieutenant general.

Ну на этом деятеле , как у нас говорят, вообще негде пробу ставить. Он 90х был бизнесменом, потом был кем то (занимался строительством) в правительстве подмосковья (видимо неподалеку от бывшего министра финансов, которому недавно дали 14 лет за хищение 11 млрд.) и оттуда скакнул уже в МО. Уже будучи в МО, он вместо трех маленьких, получил одну большую звезду, т.е. из генерал-полковника стал генералом армии. Для таких повышений нужны особые заслуги, а что мы слышали о нем до этого ареста? Ровным счетом ничего, а это значит, что все его заслуги заключаются в надлежащей и своевременной оплате. Звание генерала армии стоит мягко говоря очень дорого.
Для примера я приведу Евкурова. Это реально боевой военачальник, герой России, был президентом Ингушетии, т.е. в смысле военных и государственных заслуг он на три головы выше того взяточника, к тому же он сейчас на том же уровне- заместитель министра. И что? Когда его назначили на должность замминистра он был генерал-майором, ему быстренько дали одну звездочку (а то совсем не солидно генерал-майору быть рядом с маршалами), вот так он до сих пор и ходит в генерал-лейтенантах.

which means that the time is coming to cleanse the Defense Ministry of vlasov's generals, who received their stars in the 90s in the U.S. Embassy.
Timur Ivanov was born in 1975; he just graduated from Moscow State University in 1997. It is not indicated anywhere that he served in the army until 2013, when he began working for the Russian Ministry of Defense.
An army general at 48 years old, who had never fought anywhere and probably did not even serve in the military.
On May 23, 2016, by decree of the President of Russia (Putin), Timur Ivanov was appointed Deputy Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation.
American embassy? Systemic fight against corruption? I don’t even know what to add here

A lot of interesting things are being written about the "innocent" (and of course he is innocent until the court charges him) Deputy Minister.
On the one hand, it is reported that he was detained for a bride of about 1 million rubles. If this is true, then if I were Shoigu, I would find him over to the authorities myself. It's just cheap and a shame.
On the other hand, it's clearly not about this million. They write that they have been leading him for almost 5 years, the FSB counterintelligence is engaged in this case (!) and his wife is called "wasteful" and "socialite". With an income of a million rubles a year, you won't become a socialite even close. If it's a million a month, then it's closer.
Russian Deputy Defense Minister Timur Ivanov was detained for accepting a bribe of 1 million rubles. The amount is absolutely ridiculous considering his post. He faces up to 15 years in prison.

It is known that he was "led" for a long time, Ivanov was in operational development for many months. He worked with Shoigu at the Ministry of Defense for 10 years and was responsible for construction and property affairs, including the temple of the armed forces and the Patriot Park. Now the FSB counterintelligence is conducting support for his case.
The investigation will pay special attention to his relatives, in particular to the figure of the general's former wife, socialite Svetlana Zakharova (Maniovich / Ivanova), known for her extravagance and glamorous life on a "grand scale".
It turned out that the Deputy Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation Timur Ivanov had been "developed" for five years and had accumulated there very decently, for many years - including for his entourage.
24.04.2024 ОЧЕРЕТИНСКИЙ ПРОРЫВ: Армия России вышла к западным окраинам Новобахмутовки. Карта боевых действий на Украине - актуальное (21 видео)

In Moscow, they also decided to make an exhibition of captured equipment. Before that, there was one in Patriot Park, in the Moscow region. Bradley, Murders, and M113 are clearly visible in the footage here. Yesterday, i came across footage of another leopard being taken away from a war zone. Perhaps also to the exhibition.
An exhibition of captured armored vehicles will be held on Poklonnaya Gora. 30 units

По поводу "невиновного"(а он конечно же невиновен, пока суд его не обвинит) замминистра пишут много интересного.
С одной стороны сообщается, что его задержали за взятку примерно в 1 млн. рублей. Если это правда, то я бы на месте Шойгу его сам бы сдал органам. Это просто дешевка и позор.
С другой стороны дело тут явно не этом миллионе. Пишут, что вели его чуть ли не 5 лет, занимается его делом контрразведка ФСБ(!) и жену его называют "расточительной" и "светской львицей". С доходом в миллион рублей в год светской львицей не станешь даже близко. Если миллион в месяц, то это уже ближе.
В Москве тоже решили сделать выставку трофейной техники. До этого такая была в парке Патриот, в подмосковье. Тут на кадрах явно видны Брэдли, Мардеры, М113. Вчера попадались кадры, как увозили очередного леопарда из зоны боевых действий. Возможно тоже на выставку.

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW,

Versions of the reasons for the arrest of Timur Ivanov, Deputy Defense Minister of the Russian Federation:

1. Power struggle. Undermining the minister. That’s the conspiracy theorists’ version.

2. The man has lost his bearings. And the complaints against him overflowed the cup of tolerance. That’s the version of the military officers.

3. Too much money is going into the defense industry and it’s time to give a signal to everyone: don’t use it. Is that the version of the authorities?

4. Formally, the ex-wife and her children are too often on the territory of France and others, where they are being cultivated by the intelligence services of France and Britain. This is the FSB version?

5. They just caught him taking a million rubles as a bribe. That’s the TV version.
My version: a combination of 3 and 4. The majority believes in version 1. Does anyone believe in the 5th version?

Of course, the arrest of the Russian Deputy Defense Minister caused a wave of theories in the West about the causes and consequences. What are the versions in the West?

1. This is an attack on Shoigu prior to the formation of a new government. They want Putin not to take him into the new government.

2. These are Prigozhin’s secret supporters in the Kremlin.

3. This is a struggle for control over the huge amounts of money that go into the defense industry. The West does not believe that this is a fight against corruption in Russia.

And in Russia, as I understand it, the main version of the arrest of the Deputy Minister of Defense is his secret betrayal. The Western agent made a mistake. The authorities caught him, but they don’t want to admit that the Western agent was sitting so high. So they came up with the fight against corruption.

American embassy? Systemic fight against corruption? I don’t even know what to add here
And the ardent anti-corruption fighter Boris Kolesnikov? A police general at the age of 36 (just in case, I will say that it is traditionally much more difficult to get a rank in the police than in the army -there are more people willing, fewer opportunities, and therefore more expensive). And no less ardent fighter against the same damned corruption, police Colonel Zakharchenko, from whom 9 billion rubles were seized in one of the apartments? (apparently he was saving up for a general's rank) I remembered this offhand, without much digging. As the demons said in the Bible: My name is legion because there are many of us.

А пламенный борец с коррупцией Борис Колесников? Генерал полиции в 36 лет (на всякий случай скажу, что в полиции звание получить традиционно гораздо труднее, чем в армии-желающих больше, возможностей меньше, а соответственно дороже). А не менее пламенный борец все с той же проклятой коррупцией полковник полиции Захарченко, у которого в одной из квартир изъяли 9 млрд. рублей? (видимо он копил на генеральский чин) Это я вспомнил так, навскидку, не особенно копаясь. Как сказали демоны в библии: имя мне-легион ибо нас много.

I would not be surprised by any of the versions presented, or even a complete combination of them all. After the fact that the assistant Director General of Roscosmos was convicted of espionage (he became a spy, by the way, before he became an assistant to this ace, which means someone promoted him to this position) and the head of the Central Bank of Russia openly says that she is an officer of the IMF, what is there to be surprised about?

Меня не удивила бы ни одна из представленных версий и даже полная комбинация из них всех. После того, что помощник генерального директора Роскосмоса осужден за шпионаж (шпионом он стал, кстати, до того как стал помощником указанного туза, а значит его кто то продвинул на эту позицию) и руководитель Центоробанка России открыто говорит, что она-офицер МВФ, чему тут можно удивляться?

And the ardent anti-corruption fighter Boris Kolesnikov? A police general at the age of 36 (just in case, I will say that it is traditionally much more difficult to get a rank in the police than in the army -there are more people willing, fewer opportunities, and therefore more expensive). And no less ardent fighter against the same damned corruption, police Colonel Zakharchenko, from whom 9 billion rubles were seized in one of the apartments? (apparently he was saving up for a general's rank) I remembered this offhand, without much digging. As the demons said in the Bible: My name is legion because there are many of us.
Against the background of this Timur Ivanov, Kolesnikov and Zakharchenko seem like pygmies of corruption)) He managed trillions of rubles and had access to the most important military secrets.
The media write that this is an accountant and Shoigu’s man from the time he worked as governor of the Moscow region. They also write that this Ivanov tried to appropriate Prigozhin’s empire (after his death) (gold mines in Africa, oil fields in Syria), and negotiated with Prigozhin’s son. Ivanov himself lived like an oligarch and did not hide it. His second wife had Israeli citizenship, and he went with her to Nice for his birthday. And much more. A remarkable character of modern Russia.

We are waiting for information about the real size of the bribe and, of course, about the bribe-giver. Putin's inauguration is approaching, which means that the time is coming to cleanse the Defense Ministry of vlasov's generals, who received their stars in the 90s in the U.S. Embassy.

Exactly. How about keeping track of it in the other thread Events in Russia since it's not directly related to the SVO, even if the upcoming purges can affect it? If no one disagrees, these several posts can be moved there.

There is so much on the web about Ivanov and his wrongdoings that it would fill several pages here. It's not worth it in my opinion, but I'm pretty sure more heads will fell. It would be also interesting to see, who is spared.

Just wanted to share how Vlad Shlepchenko commented on the detention of Ivanov. He noted that the purge of guilty officials in such a closed structure is a useful endeavour. "I will keep my fingers crossed and hope that after replacing this gentleman, our department finally starts building concrete hangars, shelters for aircraft."

I posted about Russia seizing US assets here, and it looks like there is another one:

A Russian court has ordered the seizure of funds in JPMorgan Chase bank accounts in Russia, court filings showed on Wednesday, in a lawsuit filed by state-owned bank VTB as it seeks to regain funds blocked abroad.

JP Morgan Chase last week sued VTB in New York to halt its efforts to recover $439.5 million from an account that was blocked after Russia despatched its army to Ukraine in 2022 and VTB was hit with sanctions.

JPMorgan Chase declined to comment on the Russian court's interim measures. VTB did not immediately comment on Wednesday. It has previously declined to comment on its legal disputes with JPMorgan Chase.

The Arbitration Court of St Petersburg and the Leningrad Region's ruling was dated April 22.

The court said it had ordered the seizure of all funds in JP Morgan bank accounts in Russia, including correspondent accounts and those opened in the name of a subsidiary. The court said it had not seized securities and property held by JP Morgan funds, or the jpmorgan.ru domain.

In a complaint filed in federal court in Manhattan earlier this month, JPMorgan described VTB's attempt to recover the money in Russia as a "blatant breach" of its agreement to have disputes addressed in New York.

The largest U.S. bank said U.S. law prohibits it from releasing the $439.5 million, and VTB, Russia's second-largest bank, will try to seize its assets abroad if it prevails in the Russia lawsuit.

It said VTB's prospects there were good, with Russian courts having granted at least six other Russian banks relief against U.S. and European banks that were required to comply with sanctions laws.

Perhaps the start of an increasing trend in economic warfare. Could it cause a decline in foreign investment in Russia, I wonder?

The circus performance is in full swing. "They found out"- I wonder how long it took to look? Now there will be a traditional second series. The wife (mom, dad, children, as an option) is a brilliant businessman, earned honesty and gave a modest house to this silverless.
Yuri Mikhailovich Luzhkov had such options with a bang and he pretended to be like that much longer if he hadn't lost his nose.
A mansion worth 1 billion rubles was found at the arrested Deputy Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation
SHOT journalists found out that the arrested Deputy Minister of Defense of Russia Timur Ivanov lived in a luxurious mansion worth about a billion rubles. The mansion is located in the prestigious cottage village "Razdory-2" on Rublevo-Uspenskoe highway, just 5 kilometers from the MKAD.

Ivanov's house occupies about 1000 square meters and is made in the English architectural style of expensive bricks, which is typical for all buildings of this club village. Ivanov, according to SHOT, was the actual resident of this address, which is now mentioned in the materials of the criminal case.

The interiors of the house are distinguished by luxury and exclusivity: three floors, four spacious bedrooms, five bathrooms, three living rooms, a fireplace, a home theater and an extensive terrace with a barbecue area. In addition, a guest house with an area of 445 square meters is also located on a plot of 34 acres.

Security in the village is at the highest level: a three-meter fence rises around the territory, and additional measures have been taken to ensure the safety of residents.

The status of the owner of the cottage, according to the cadastre, belongs to the Russian Federation.
У арестованного замминистра обороны РФ обнаружили особняк стоимостью в 1 млрд рублей

Цирковое представление в самом разгаре. "Они обнаружили"- мне интересно долго ли пришлось искать? Сейчас будет традиционная вторая серия. Жена (мама,папа, дети, как вариант)- гениальный бизнесмен, честно заработала и подарила скромный домик этому бессеребреннику. У Юрия Михайловича Лужкова такие варианты проскакивали на ура и проскакивали бы гораздо дольше, если бы не потерял нюх и не попер буром на президента.

@Nienna @Aeneas (or whichever mod sees this first) I would like to post Simplicus the Thinker’s latest Substack entry “SITREP 4-24-24: Comedown After Post-Aid ‘High’ Brings West Back To Reality”, however I have a paid subscription for access to it in its entirety. Therefore I’m asking for the mods’ input regarding copying and pasting paid subscriber content on the forum. I know that Simplicus has stated implicitly that he doesn’t like people sharing his content openly, denying him his right to own his content. However this is a somewhat private forum (open access but relatively limited in readership), so it’s more a matter of scale. I would share his blogs here, but only with the blessing of the moderators. Thanks 🙏

I would like to post Simplicus the Thinker’s latest Substack entry “SITREP 4-24-24: Comedown After Post-Aid ‘High’ Brings West Back To Reality”, however I have a paid subscription for access to it in its entirety.
Simplicius does not make all his posts private. If it is one of the few which he does make private, then next to the date is written "Paid". The article you mention above is not private. If you are in doubt about it in the future, then you can just open his substack in another browser, where you are not logged in to his account and you will be able to see whether you have access to the article or not. Instead of posting the whole article, you can just post the relevant bit which you would like to share.

Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom