Failed Trump Assassination Attempt

If there was a 2nd shooter, it doesn't make any sense why that person would aim for Trump where he did. Even without Trump moving his head last second, it's a bad choice of where to aim. I have to think no trained sniper would aim there. They'd aim for center head or center mass, not on the side where they'd chance a miss in case of a sudden movement. I guess maybe the one answer is that it was the only angle the shooter had, but even then I'm finding it hard to believe.

If they were in the vicinity of Crooks' position, they had no choice but to use that angle, which presented the side of Trump's head.

I don't think you can shoot from that roof, laying down, or quite a bit higher than that. Unless you would stand up straight, on that roof. But even then the view might be obstructed. Notice the red arrows showing where the big rally screen is at each height level above that roof:

You're the first one in all of the analysis by all others to suggest that Crooks could not have shot at Trump from where he was.

Sorry if this has been pointed out already but as I was looking at that bodycam video I noticed two windows that lead directly to the roof behind building 6. Could be a convinient and sneaky way to enter the roof through one of those windows. The other window appears to be open at the time of the SS agent talking to the guys on the roof. Maybe nothing, but I'll add it below for the record.

two-windows.png

You're the first one in all of the analysis by all others to suggest that Crooks could not have shot at Trump from where he was.

No, what I'm trying to say is that a proposed second shooter couldn’t have shot from this proposed position:

New theory! Shooter was on the building behind Crooks more or less in line with him. That roof is the same height and slope as the one Crooks is on. Shooter fires three shots, this gives Crooks an additional 5 seconds (9 in total) to get down and position himself and fire his 5 shots.

There's the report that four motorcycle cops were slightly injured by debris, while they stood a few feet away from Trump. This could have been the result of Crooks 'wild' shots in the general direction of Trump, hitting the stage area but no one else.

In other words, the rough building/area where the red and blue arrows point here (see below):

Yeah, those cops, weapons drawn, are frantically using pallets to get up on that roof behind Crooks ASAP, two minutes after the shots were fired. I've marked where they are here:

View attachment 99274

Watch what goes on there from 7:10 on Dave Stewart's video.

Pallets! They're sure the action is there and aren't waiting around for a ladder to get up to that specific spot...

View attachment 99276

At 7:44 one of them, who appears to have emerged from inside the building, runs out into the parking lot - backwards, weapon ready - in order to get a better view of the roof... of the building behind Crooks:

View attachment 99278
This new theory fits with my initial assumption that any second shooter would have to have the trajectory of his bullets 'masked' by closely following the patsy's.

If the second shooter (or team, if there was more than one of them) is on the roof behind Crooks, then shot #9 could have been one of them 'wasting' Crooks after he'd fired off his 5 'wild' shots. If it's the final shot that hits Crooks, it's unlikely he would have remained in his prone position, or stopped firing.

More likely, he dropped in the exact spot where he took up his firing position because he was shot dead immediately after firing off his 5 rounds. By then, the sniper team behind him would've realized they'd missed Trump, so they let Crooks fire a barrage, then 'cleaned up', and took off downstairs and into the AGR complex to assume position as 'regular SS guys who are where they are meant to be'.

Shot #10 comes in about 8 seconds later from the CSU on farm building #14 behind Trump, far too late of course, but maybe it hit one of the 'second sniper team' as Dave recalls hearing over the police radio that "there's blood in the bathroom."

Now we also have a plausible basis for a cop to have been boosted up to the roof-line prior to the shooting, only to fall back down because he was spooked by "the shooter pointing his weapon at him just a few seconds before the shooting..."

In Dave's video, we don't see any cops being boosted up to the roof-line of building #6 (Crooks' building), so that incident probably took place at the building behind Crooks, where the cops were focused immediately after the shooting.

And anyway, that cop wouldn't have been spooked by skinny Crooks. He would have been spooked by the sight of one of two big guys turning his weapon on him, while his partner remained crouched in position to take out Trump just seconds later.
mid-jpg.99263

The police guy climbing up the roof in the video from which I took the three sequential screenshots is approximately here on the roof (red circle) and Crooks approximately was where the red rectangle is:

A3457F5E-8188-4D04-9147-EB14C716CF08.jpeg

Based on that footage, shooting from that area on the roof behind Crooks on Trumps head (red circle) seems impossible to me, unless the proposed second shooter stands upright while shooting. The building of Crooks is in the line of sight of Trumps head when you shoot from there (red circle).

Edit: added the words “on Trumps head“

Last edited:
No, what I'm trying to say is that a proposed second shooter couldn’t have shot from this proposed position:

In other words, the rough building/area where the red and blue arrows point here (see below):
It will depend on what angle Crooks would've had to shoot Trump at. If he had to angle down, the tip of the roof might obscure that line of sight from the building behind it, as you're suggesting. It's similar to the graphic Niall included regarding the countersnipers on the barns. Just imagine the barns are the AGR buildings.

Again, a good scenario to plug into a 3D model.

Why not? The location is approx 30meters behind Crooks, same height, same roof slope.

Because Crooks building is in the line of sight of Trumps head. Take a look at the big Trump rally screen (red arrows). The lowest point on that screen is well above the highest point of the bleachers. Trumps head was well below the lowest point of the screen and the highest point of the bleachers. That is why a shot on Trumps head from there (red circle in last post above) seems impossible to me unless maybe the proposed second shooter was standing upright (seen in the last of the three sequential screenshots: there the police officer stands upright on the roof):

Scratch the bolded part above. Now, I'm pretty much certain that the new proposed position of the second shooter on the roof behind Crooks building can't shoot on Trump while laying down or being situated quite higher than laying down. As I suspected, only when standing up pretty much straight on top of that roof, you might have a chance to have a line of sight to Trumps head. But even that isn't certain either. See below, where I've done the above sequence again with better image quality. Notice one of the two screens of the Trump rally (the one on that side, where that guy was killed by a headshot). I think we can clearly see that you can not shoot from there, unless, maybe, if you stand upright (which is unlikely for several reasons):

View attachment 99292

View attachment 99293
View attachment 99294

On top of that, in that scenario, Crooks would have probably further obscured the line of sights of that proposed second shooter.

Edit: spelling

Last edited:
If Chris Masterson's drawings is accurate I don't see a problem. If I read it rightly it says that the shoot from Crooks to Trump's head is perfectly horizontal.

Right. Point being, a person on the same line and position as Crooks on that roof behind would have exactly the same line of sight to Trump because he would be at exactly the same height. The only difference is 30meters further back, which would only be a problem if Crooks had to shoot down to a certain extent.

Sorry if this has been pointed out already but as I was looking at that bodycam video I noticed two windows that lead directly to the roof behind building 6. Could be a convinient and sneaky way to enter the roof through one of those windows. The other window appears to be open at the time of the SS agent talking to the guys on the roof. Maybe nothing, but I'll add it below for the record.

View attachment 99303

That is an open window which we've seen before in that overhead drone video earlier on. And, although it's not Google streetview from the parking lot, building #3 looks long enough and the windows low enough that a person climbing or shooting out of those windows might not be seen from the parking lot where the cops were walking around and sheltering behind their cruisers looking at the roof to see Crooks.

It also opens the right way, meaning the hinges are on the right side of the frame. No glass in the way. You only need a narrow opening.

Take a look at the big Trump rally screen (red arrows). The lowest point on that screen is well above the highest point of the bleachers. Trumps head was well below the lowest point of the screen and the highest point of the bleachers. That is why a shot on Trumps head from there (red circle in last post above) seems impossible to me unless maybe the proposed second shooter was standing upright (seen in the last of the three sequential screenshots):

In the first image, the guy is standing on the porch over the door, which looks to be 30-40cm lower than the roof.

The other two images are similar. This is the 3rd, and you can see all of the big screen and some below it. Seems to me that Trump's head would be somewhere in the region of the blue arrow tip below. In any case, there's no way to tell from those images and the angle they are at. If Crooks could see Trump, then I don't see why someone at the same height 30meters back could not do so also, unless there was a significant downward angle.Roof2.3.jpg

Right. Point being, a person on the same line and position as Crooks on that roof behind would have exactly the same line of sight to Trump because he would be at exactly the same height. The only difference is 30meters further back, which would only be a problem if Crooks had to shoot down to a certain extent.
That's assuming that the shot was perfectly horizontal or rising. If it was even a slightly falling shot, the line of sight would be obscured by the building where Crooks was.

Didn't we read somewhere that Dave's phone was confiscated for a number of days, and only returned to him when he pestered PA state police to return it?

It's possible that they returned the phone only after editing its footage.
Yes, actually you posted his tweet that the FBI took his phone.
Here's Dave's footage, which opens with him 'taking cover', and encouraging others to do so, before the first shots are fired:

Since the phone was with the FBI, and the technology exists for deepfakes and tinkering of video/audio, couldn't the FBI just delete what they wanted and plant what they want people to see?

The 2004 movie Manchurian Candidate showed the FBI deleting the real shooter and replacing him with a patsy, and then releasing the altered footage.

That's assuming that the shot was perfectly horizontal or rising. If it was even a slightly falling shot, the line of sight would be obscured by the building where Crooks was.

Right, I know that, and we don't know if it was horizontal or not, although others have analyzed the area and claim that it is a horizontal line. My only point is that a person standing 30meters behind another person on the same line and at the same height can see the same thing the person in front of him can see as long as there is no significant drop off to the object.

Back
Top Bottom