Freedom Trucker Convoy: From Canada to USA to all across the world

News from the front from my morning browsing.

Convoys are rolling toward Quebec City, communication between the police and the organisation and leader of each convoy as been established. The police will cooperate as they acknowledge the right of the people to manifest. They expect millions in Ottawa this weekend, convoys are forming everywhere. I expect manifestation in all provincial capital and major center, this will be epic. Some talk about a possible vote of no confidence toward Trudeau and it look like it may happen soon and his coalition may crumble to. A journalist asked a truck driver for how long they are planning to stay in Ottawa, the trucker answered just 2 weeks to flatten the curve.:lol: Food is coming from all across the country, many food tents are now operating all across the town in park and parking lots and everyone is feed.

Counterprotesters May Deliberately Create Conflict with Freedom Convoy

Protests, Truckers / By Gord Parks / February 3, 2022

Daniel Bulford (ex-RCMP, formerly Trudeaus bodyguard)
Today, February 2nd the Adopt-a-Trucker Volunteer Coordination Centre received reliable information that a group of counter protesters are in the Ottawa area with the potential to deliberately create conflict with the Freedom Convoy movement.

Furthermore, we received additional information related to the People of Colour support for Freedom Convoy Instagram page. The caller reported a Reddit thread detailing a counter protest at 12:00 tomorrow at the Police HQ on Elgin street followed by Ottawa City hall. The caller advised that the People of Colour Freedom Convoy group intends to protect the Ottawa Police HQ by forming a peaceful human chain with linked arms. Further investigation of the Reddit thread showed a conflicting date of February 5th. Although dates for this protest are not entirely clear, it is possible a false date could be utilized as a deception tactic by a hostile group with the intent to maintain the element of surprise.

Adopt-a-Trucker is an apolitical volunteer organization thats sole purpose is to provide support to the Freedom Convoy. All information regarding safety and security issues have been shared with the Ottawa Police Service.

We ask all supporters of the Freedom Convoy to remain vigilant. If you find yourself in a vulnerable position confronted by a violent group, move away from the danger and call the Police. Shelter in a secure place, and if possible capture criminal behaviour on video.

Thank-you, Good night.

this seems to spread out . . . there
For those who want to follow the convoys of truckers in different countries, here is the link on Telegram:

Thanks for the link! I already knew that there will be a truck "race" in Vienna on February 11th, and Poland is joining but it is good to know that it is spreading all over! Personally I am curious to see all those trucks next Friday!

Negotiations at the Alberta-US border have broken down. The RCMP have been given orders to "clear the highway". Starting to escalate there:

*sigh*

The video I posted yesterday made me hopeful but now I see it was all a ruse for the RCMP to occupy the intersection that was once controlled by the protesters. There was never a deal.

Coutts, Alberta Blockade.jpg

A statement by the RCMP on Feb. 1 revealed their intentions (www .rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/news/2022/alberta-rcmp-statement-coutts-border-assembly?re):

Alberta RCMP statement regarding Coutts border assembly​

The Alberta RCMP continue to act to preserve the peace and maintain public safety at the Coutts border crossing.

What may have begun as a peaceful assembly quickly turned into an unlawful blockade. While the Alberta RCMP has been in a position to conduct enforcement, we have been engaged with protesters at the Coutts border crossing in an effort to find a peaceful and safe resolution for all involved. We thought we had a path to resolution, the protesters eventually chose not to comply.

Interesting wording saying that an "unlawful blockade" cannot be 'peaceful' since a highway is considered essential infrastructure as explained later. However, were the past two years not a 'blockade'? Also, as seen in the video of the negotiations, the protesters did comply (and was reported: Breakthrough in Alberta border blockade, lanes open in both directions). So what does 'eventually' mean?

As of this morning, further action is being taken by the Alberta RCMP as this blockade continues to impede the ability for emergency agencies to provide full services to area residents. It has also negatively impacted the flow of goods and services, and impedes the public's freedom of movement.

And the past two years have been somehow different?

A Highway is considered essential infrastructure. It is unlawful to wilfully obstruct, interrupt or interfere with the construction, maintenance, use or operation of any essential infrastructure in a manner that renders the essential infrastructure dangerous, useless, inoperative or ineffective as per the Critical Infrastructure Defence Act of Alberta. Anyone who actively blocks a highway—or aids, counsels or directs a highway to be blocked—may be subject to arrest and charge under this act.

Which I'd just like to point out the RCMP is also doing right now probably directed from Jason Kenney (Jan. 31: Jason Kenney says trucker border blockade at Alberta border must end) Interestingly, the law "Alberta's Critical Infrastructure Defence Act", mentioned in that report, gives more power to the police and prosecutors in the event of a blockade (and many other things) and was only passed last year. "As I said last week, Canadians have a democratic right to engage in lawful protests. I urge those involved in this truck convoy protest to do so as safely as possible, and not to create road hazards which could lead to accidents or unsafe conditions for other drivers," Kenney said Sunday in a statement from Washington, D.C., where he is attending a National Governors Association meeting."

He wasn't even in Alberta on that weekend (Jan. 28- Feb. 31).

Back to the RCMP statement:
Person's participating in this blockade can also expect enforcement of any contraventions of the Criminal Code of Canada, the Traffic Safety Act and Use of Highway and Rules of the Road Regulations at this location and area roadways.

The Alberta RCMP uses necessary measures to protect the fundamental freedom of peaceful assembly and freedom of expression, to promote the safety of all citizens, to enforce laws and to maintain peace and order. In turn, it must be recognized that while everyone has a right to peaceful freedom of expression; the general public, local residents and businesses also have the right to a safe environment and freedom of movement. This event is not a peaceful assembly.

Again, the past two years. Also: no guns, no violence and no reported arrests so far. It seems the definition of 'peaceful' can only be 'compliance'.

The RCMP claim that there was 'impeding of emergency agencies': (from the same Jan. 31 National Observer report link above)

"RCMP Cpl. Curtis Peters initially said emergency vehicles were unable to enter Coutts if they were needed, but he updated that Sunday, saying an ambulance has been able to enter the village.

He noted access to Coutts is available via a gravel road through a field that passenger vehicles can use, but not semis.

"It's almost a trail. It has gravel on it," Peters said. "I don't think it has a name, but it's passable."

Now, in a news report also posted on Feb. 1, Jason Kenney says he might start lifting the restrictions by the end of the month (Alberta premier hopes to start lifting all COVID-19 health measures by end of February).

Kenney has publicly said that he does not support the mandates for truckers because it "aggravates supply-chain bottlenecks." And yet, he's also condemned the bigotry and hate shown in the Terry Fox statue, Unknown Soldier and National War Museum incidents, Nazi and Confederate flags, and so on. He's a mixed bag, for sure. I mean, don't forget Bill 10 (SOTT).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom