Freedom Trucker Convoy: From Canada to USA to all across the world

Just under 11 hours - around 8:42:00 goes into donation information and then a presentation starts to get underway @8:48:45. Picked those two things out as I didn't watch the whole thing. There's some dedicated people involved in this and they're not gonna back down.

Speaking of focused on Ukraine now.... Joan wrote on the Russia/Ukraine thread recently about what she saw in the Canadian Parliament. She said there was a three-minute standing ovation for a Zelensky mesage, every last one of them applauding. As they say, I 'let that sink in'... I realized what I wanted to bring to the forum belonged here moreso than on Russia/Ukraine.

Joan: The message of Zelenskjy, as a Canadian, speaking to a packed audience, in parliament, strikes me as a bunch of NWOI (Claus Schawb puppets) or those that have been blackmailed to attend, by none other than the puppet master par excellence, of Canada Chrystia Freeland.

I still feel there is the very slimmest likelihood that we will pull back from the WEF abyss.... There is a recent interview by Reiner Fuellmich, the Corona Investigative Committee (CIC), with Brian Peckford that doesn't seem to be posted here yet. Peckford's analysis of the Canadian state of affairs looked to have made a strong impression of the CIC, as it did on me.

This isn't earth-shaking but here's something that told me a lot. Peckford described, with his own surprise, how he and his wife would work right through breakfast to 3 p.m. with so many people phoning, visiting, emailing them about his stepping forward on the Charter issue.

Hon. A. Brian Peckford, P.C.| Session 94: Stepping on their feet

To highlight some points:

He stated our democracy started to slide with Pierre Trudeau gathering more power to the P.M.O. - the responsibility of the House to the electorate was undermined step by step.

He talked about the $600,000,000 to private media corporations because the media reasoned we were overwhelmed by American news. (I am overwhelmed by the CBC and its infamy, personally.)

The Prime Minister's Office (P.M.O.) now has up to 1500 to 1700 people reporting to it and it used to be 200 or 300. Then there are thousands of deputies. This is mirrored in the Provinces, and we now have a more Executive form of government than outsiders understand. Executive = Totalitarian, is my interpretation, put in nicer language.

Cabinet doesn't even meet that often and nothing happens till it goes to the Executive.

It was the immunity from liability of the pharmaceutical companies with the new vaccines that was where he balked, to begin with. 'Do you need to go any further than that?' he asks. 'It's pretty basic stuff', says Peckford.

The interview emphasized there is a vast chasm between us and what happens in our country. The truckers drove over a previously non-existent bridge between us and Ottawa. It also shows me how there could be reform and re-envisioning because he showed some of the steps, legistlatively, from back then to now. Slim, slim chance of change, and in the bigger picture, I don't know if it is the most important focus, but I guess it is a local reflection of the increase in psychopathic domination manifesting here on Earth.

Speaking of focused on Ukraine now.... Joan wrote on the Russia/Ukraine thread recently about what she saw in the Canadian Parliament. She said there was a three-minute standing ovation for a Zelensky mesage, every last one of them applauding. As they say, I 'let that sink in'... I realized what I wanted to bring to the forum belonged here moreso than on Russia/Ukraine.

I still feel there is the very slimmest likelihood that we will pull back from the WEF abyss.... There is a recent interview by Reiner Fuellmich, the Corona Investigative Committee (CIC), with Brian Peckford that doesn't seem to be posted here yet. Peckford's analysis of the Canadian state of affairs looked to have made a strong impression of the CIC, as it did on me.

This isn't earth-shaking but here's something that told me a lot. Peckford described, with his own surprise, how he and his wife would work right through breakfast to 3 p.m. with so many people phoning, visiting, emailing them about his stepping forward on the Charter issue.

Hon. A. Brian Peckford, P.C.| Session 94: Stepping on their feet

To highlight some points:

He stated our democracy started to slide with Pierre Trudeau gathering more power to the P.M.O. - the responsibility of the House to the electorate was undermined step by step.

He talked about the $600,000,000 to private media corporations because the media reasoned we were overwhelmed by American news. (I am overwhelmed by the CBC and its infamy, personally.)

The Prime Minister's Office (P.M.O.) now has up to 1500 to 1700 people reporting to it and it used to be 200 or 300. Then there are thousands of deputies. This is mirrored in the Provinces, and we now have a more Executive form of government than outsiders understand. Executive = Totalitarian, is my interpretation, put in nicer language.

Cabinet doesn't even meet that often and nothing happens till it goes to the Executive.

It was the immunity from liability of the pharmaceutical companies with the new vaccines that was where he balked, to begin with. 'Do you need to go any further than that?' he asks. 'It's pretty basic stuff', says Peckford.

The interview emphasized there is a vast chasm between us and what happens in our country. The truckers drove over a previously non-existent bridge between us and Ottawa. It also shows me how there could be reform and re-envisioning because he showed some of the steps, legistlatively, from back then to now. Slim, slim chance of change, and in the bigger picture, I don't know if it is the most important focus, but I guess it is a local reflection of the increase in psychopathic domination manifesting here on Earth.
I was not quick enough to add this aside before Edit window closed, apologies, just found where Peckford's web-site was hosted on a think-tank I didn't know about.

Brian Peckford | Frontier Centre For Public Policy

An Aside here to what was posted above ....

Gee! A discovery of this think-tank, FCPP, founded in Winnipeg in 1997.

FCPP states: "As an organization, we do not subscribe to any political ideology. Our Board of Directors, Expert Advisory Panel and staff includes people of a wide variety of political persuasions and we regularly publish research that praises some government policies and criticizes others."

The FCPP hosted Putin's economic advisor, Andrei Illarionov, to speak in the past (I wonder what happened then!).

FCPP also writes: "Unlike political or lobby groups, which often represent only the narrow interests of their members, we aim to advance the interests of the public as a whole. As a think tank, we are free to explore new ideas and policy initiatives unconstrained by the pressures that political parties face to be popular at the polls."

The FCPP hosted Putin's economic advisor, Andrei Illarionov, to speak in the past (I wonder what happened then!).

Don't know what he would have discussed, however perhaps you can get a bit of a read on what he says below on the current situation (or leading up to it).

Realize this should be in the dedicated thread, so it can be moved if need be, otherwise it only relates to @Lyndi Lama's point - following the name you have provided here in reference.

So, listened to Andrei's December talk at the Westminster Institute. Much of the talk was on Russian boarder troop movements, strengths and tactics, which Andrei then downplayed (remember that Andrei was an economist briefly serving under Putin, but you can tell he knows a thing or two on strategy - or does he; get to that later. He cites Putin's four pillars, what he wants to achieve and what he believes, along with things NATO, and then Putin's December 7th call to Biden. In that case, Biden then seemed to provide, in an odd way, assurances for Russia's security (not Ukraine). He provided assurances during the call, as was told at the time, with provisions for a 10 year barrier for Ukraine joining NATO, and western arms not being shipped. Putin since 2000 has said he wanted to join NATO (fight terrorism), yet NATO string holders would have none of that.

Andrei faced comments on the Ukraine president (it was noted that Andrei had just been in Ukraine for three weeks - talking, listening, assessing), wherein the presidents popularity had sunk to something like 15%. The Ukraine leader, he said, was trying to build an authoritarian base.

There is much said here and unsaid, so interesting as just after Andrei's assessment, everything changed - Andrei's projected assessments went out the window. This is interesting in itself.

Jumping ahead to March 6th, Andrei is quoted in the Jerusalem Post:

“Putin is employing hardware policies. It is a military attack. Military attacks cannot be stopped by UN resolutions. Military attacks cannot be stopped by so-called soft diplomacy that we heard so much of from the White House and the State Department.” This from Putin’s former economic adviser Andrei Illarionov in an interview with US Newsmax.

In this article (March 5th), Andrei is quoted as saying:

However, Andrei Illarionov, who served as an economic adviser to Putin between 2000 and 2005, says that the Russian premier is not ‘losing his mind’ and he’s as ‘calculated’ as ever.

In the interview below, Andrei was discussing Putin's policies, downplaying the hardware to the point of raising the level of Ukraine forces that could match (troop numbers, reservists, arms).

One other recent Andrei search listed, looked to a Russian forum moving up to the date of March 11th:

__https://aillarionov.livejournal.com/1282010.html

How many Europeans must die for the West to start to act?: aillarionov​

March 11, 2022. Andrei Illarionov Putin's latest aggression against Ukraine has resulted in the deaths of thousands of innocent civilians.

The link deadens with the following (although you can read there by shortening the link - it is in Russian):

Suspended Entry​

This entry has been suspended and is not available for reading.
For confidentiality reasons we can not discuss the reasons for which the entry was frozen, with someone else other than the account holder.

Here is the December 2021 video interview:

Andrei Illarionov: What's at Stake in the Russia-Ukraine Conflict?​

GoFundMe president debunks Liberal and CBC lies about Freedom Convoy foreign funding​

Deception over the convoy's funding led to the federal government's invoking of the Emergencies Act.

In testimony before the House of Commons finance committee, GoFundMe president Juan Benitez threw a wet blanket on allegations floated by Liberal MPs and the mainstream media that the Freedom Convoy to Ottawa was a foreign attempt to undermine Canadian democracy.

“We did not discover that, no,” replied Benitez to Conservative MP Ed Fast. “As we reviewed the donations, we did not identify significant donations or patterns that were there.”

The largest donation to the convoy's crowdfunding on the GoFundMe platform was $30,000, and the donor was Canadian.

The Freedom Convoy spent nearly four weeks in the nation's capital protesting remaining COVID restrictions and grew out of resistance to cross-border vaccine mandates for truckers.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's Liberal government invoked the never before deployed Emergencies Act to end the convoy protest by using extraordinary powers to seize bank accounts, trucks, commercial assets, and block the multi-million dollar crowdfunding efforts in support of the convoy.

Donors to the convoy raised $10.1 million before GoFundMe suspended the account on February 4 at the request of Ottawa’s mayor, Jim Watson, who alleged the convoy was breaking GoFundMe's terms of service prohibiting calls for violence.

On February 16, Emergency Preparedness Minister Bill Blair told reporters the blockades were part of a concerted, foreign-funded effort to put Canada’s economy and government into jeopardy.

“We cannot leave anyone with the impression that our democracy is negotiable or subject to efforts of appeasement,” Blair said.

“We will not let any foreign entities that seek to do harm to Canada or Canadians, erode trust in our democratic institutions, or question the legitimacy of our democracy.”

CBC has issued two separate retractions relating to their coverage of the convoy. Both stories alleged foreign funding to the convoy.

Mar. 17, 2022:

Calgary city council asks police to crackdown on freedom protesters​

Councillors voted 13-2 in favour of sending a letter to the Calgary Police Commission suggesting that weekly pro-freedom protests have 'damaging impacts to Calgarians who have been exposed to persistent protest activity over a prolonged period of time.'

On March 15, four days after a standoff between freedom protesters and a counter-protest group, Calgary's city council voted 13-2 in favour of sending a letter to the police commission asking for officers to prioritize bystanders and businesses in the downtown core.

Social media has been taken by storm this week in Calgary, following a heated standoff between anti-lockdown protesters and a group opposed to the weekly demonstration that has been a regular occurrence throughout the pandemic.

Both sides of the political spectrum took to Twitter to hash out their differences regarding how the police handled the situation, eventually leading to a discussion about the actual topic — the continuation of the recurring Saturday freedom protests.

City council met on March 15 to discuss the “Beltline protests”, sparking a vote to send a drafted letter to the Calgary Police Commission. The vote passed 13-2 in favour, with councillors Sean Chu and Dan Mclean opposing.

In the letter, councillors suggest that the recurring protests have “damaging impacts to Calgarians who have been exposed to persistent protest activity over a prolonged period of time.”

The letter also shares some perspectives from residents of the Beltline, with one citizen saying “We are trapped inside our own homes and neighbourhood, with an impending sense that something worse will come each week,” and another stating “I have changed my Saturday routine in the past year to ensure I do not have to leave my home. My ability to enjoy my community has been stripped of me.”

The last quote has some objective truth to it, as the protests have been happening for over a year, though there have been virtually no issues, until the counter-protesters began to gather in opposition the past two weekends.

Calgary Mayor Jyoti Gondek says “Something needs to change; what has been the practice is not working.”

Gondek took to Twitter to back the counter-protesters, saying “Community members standing their ground are not 'counter-protestors'. They are people with a right to a safe & welcoming community.”

The letter also shares some perspectives from residents of the Beltline, with one citizen saying “We are trapped inside our own homes and neighbourhood, with an impending sense that something worse will come each week,” and another stating “I have changed my Saturday routine in the past year to ensure I do not have to leave my home. My ability to enjoy my community has been stripped of me.”

The last quote has some objective truth to it, as the protests have been happening for over a year, though there have been virtually no issues, until the counter-protesters began to gather in opposition the past two weekends.

Calgary Mayor Jyoti Gondek says “Something needs to change; what has been the practice is not working.”

Gondek took to Twitter to back the counter-protesters, saying “Community members standing their ground are not 'counter-protestors'. They are people with a right to a safe & welcoming community.”

I didn't realise that there are still Freedom Protests going on in Alberta! Another is schedualed for this weekend in Calgary.

Mar. 18, 2022:

Beltline protests spur special Calgary Police Commission meeting​

The Calgary Police Commission is holding a special meeting today to discuss the Calgary Police Service's response plan to the ongoing protests that have been flooding the Beltline every Saturday.

The first part of the meeting will be held behind closed doors, followed by a public portion where as much information as possible will be shared with Calgarians.

'Freedom' protesters say they plan to continue their weekly demonstrations around and along 17th Avenue each Saturday until all remaining COVID-19 mandates, including the vaccine requirement for air travel, are lifted.

Counter-protesters, who say they're fed up with these weekly rallies in the neighbourhood, blocked off a portion of 17h Avenue for more than an hour on Saturday.

The two groups met face to face, tensions reached a boiling point, and Calgary Police officers were witnessed, and recorded, shoving the counter-protesters back with their bikes.

The response from police sparked concern from many residents and elected city officials, including Mayor Jyoti Gondek.

"I definitely have an expectation that something (different) has to happen than what happened last weekend," said Gondek on Tuesday. "Because what happened last weekend was not great, and it's untenable moving into this weekend and the coming weekends."

The Calgary Police Commission says it has been in regular contact with CPS Chief Mark Neufeld leading up to the subsequent protests.

"Like city council, we have also received hundreds of emails and phone calls from Calgarians about these protests," said Shawn Cornett, commission chair. "We completely understand the impact this is having on the residents and businesses in the Beltline and want to make it end.

"This is an unprecedented situation that is extremely complicated legally and from a policing perspective, but we need to find a way to stop the disruptions that are undermining many residents' ability to enjoy their homes, businesses and community."

Both protest groups expect even more people to turn out for Saturday's demonstration.

People can send the police commission a written submission of 500 words or fewer ahead of Friday's meeting.

The public portion of the meeting will begin at 3:30 p.m. Additional details are available here.

At 2:09:

I wonder if that 'protection from liability' actually exists because the Emergency Act was never actually enacted. I wonder if the actions he (Trudeau) took under the Emergency Act are actually legal and constitutional? By the looks of it, that act needed to be passed by the parliament and the senate before it could be used but, there he was using it before they voted on it, even. By the time the senate was going to vote on it he was all done with it, dusted it off, put it back on the shelf, there. Or parts of it anyway.

Yup! The Emergency Act was never actually enacted into law. Trudeau (or Freeland) ended it before the Senate had a chance to vote on it. I had thought about this too. The actions Trudeau and Freeland took to quell the Freedom Convoy would have been made legal 'retroactively' had it passed both houses. But since it didn't, does that mean they were illegal? Not enough people care yet. Paraphrasing the C's, they said there has to be a lot more suffering before enough people would wake up.

Back
Top Bottom