George Floyd's Death, Protests and Riots across the US

Next up is the statue of liberty.

Forget the statue. Liberty itself is white supremacy to these people. Everything is white supremacy; it's the complete explanation for everything wrong with the world.

It's a neat trick that's been pulled. Their intuition that things aren't right is completely correct. They've simply been vectored en masse towards blaming the wrong source for the world's ills. And so, here we are, with a hypnotized and deranged mob acting as the foot soldiers for the plutocrats, plunging society into violent chaos and tearing down western civilization so that the parasite lords can build a global prison on the ashes.

There are a few swearwords used in this video.
There is a time and place for profanity, and as far as I am concerned, most of us on this forum have heard and appreciated a few Blue Streaks in language when appropriately used.

The "Old White Men and Women" from the Silent/Boomer/Grand Parent Generation ARE stepping up.
There is Right, and there is Wrong, and it is ALWAYS the situation that determines the proper choice.
Situational Awareness is everything.
This man is addressing that general attitude.
It still looks like there is going to be a few interesting issues "resolved" on July 4th, The USA Independence Day, 2020.
July 4/5th also a Full Buck Moon in Cancer.

1593364124394.png

I think the whole notion of "systemic racism" is based on primitive and flawed thinking. The concept immediately collapses once you ask "what precisely, specifically, do you mean by that?"

Probably a good example of systemic racism was something in the real estate business known as "redlining":

"Redlining is a term used to refer to a now-illegal practice in the mortgage lending industry. Lenders used to draw red lines around portions of a map to indicate areas of a city in which they didn't want to make loans."

"Even if a credit-worthy applicant applied to buy a home in those neighborhoods, they could be denied. Reverse redlining, where a bank lends to a borrower in a redlined area but charges a premium for the loan which isn't justified by their credit-worthiness, also exists. And it can look like realtors refusing to show properties in some areas to certain types of people."

"This practice was made illegal in the Fair Housing, or Equal Credit Opportunity Act. While redlining on a racial basis has been prohibited by law, lenders can still redline if a home lies on a fault line or a flood plain."

So, here's an example of systemic racism being addressed through the legislative process. However, as often happens, this practice is still going on in some cases -- and that's what gets tricky to pin down:

"Discriminatory practices such as redlining hurt home buyers because they create an unfair housing market. If you're a buyer of color and you're working with an unethical realtor, they might only show you houses in traditionally black neighborhoods. You'd miss out on seeing an awesome house that could be less expensive in another part of town."

"It also hurts home buyers trying to buy in a neighborhood that's been redlined. If you've found your dream home, and it's located within those red lines, you could struggle to finance your purchase even if you've been pre-approved for a mortgage. Historically, this meant that some neighborhoods remained poor and lower class and didn't receive capital investments to improve."

"What are signs you might be a victim of redlining?"

"Identifying the practice of redlining can be hard for borrowers because they don't have insight into a bank's lending data. Studies have shown that black applicants are still being turned away for loans at significantly higher rates than white loan applicants, even when controlling for factors such as income and credit scores."

"If your loan officer has continually asked for more documentation, they could be fishing for a reason to deny your application. If all other metrics, such as your income, employment, and credit score, would indicate that you could afford a home, but you're still hearing a 'no', the lender could be discriminating against you. You can file a complaint with your state's Attorney General and take your business elsewhere."

"The term 'steering' refers to guiding buyers either away from or towards neighborhoods, often based upon the buyer's race. If your realtor is steering you away from homes in a community, even if they meet your criteria, you could be a victim of redlining. It's also difficult to prove, and often, you could just have a gut feeling that something is wrong."

"Ask your realtor to show you homes in other areas and observe how they respond. They can't flat-out refuse, and if they do, you can complain to their brokerage and report them to the National Association of Realtors. If you suspect that you might be a victim of redlining, your best option is to fire the realtor or apply with a different lending institution."

[end quote]

I think what's challenging right now is to maintain a balanced perspective. On the one hand, there are no doubt many more examples of systemic racism [as per redlining] in the U.S. and across the globe -- and don't even get me started on the insidiousness of the caste system in India, which is truly entrenched, largely through religion (the caste system's origin apparently dating back to ancient India), along with India's variegated social mores and prejudices tied to that system.

Maybe the real point is not so much whether systemic racism exists, since, as per the now illegal practice of redlining, it's not always easy to determine, but rather: how do we as a society -- with all our differences, and, yes, prejudices -- want to... well, "conduct" having a country? And I don't think most Americans think "radical insurgency" is the best approach.

On the other hand, as per the last Tucker Carlson monologue (of last Thursday night), social values change quickly, and what was unthinkable just a few weeks ago is now becoming commonplace. So, time is of the essence, it seems.

By the way, Youtube keeps shutting down T.C.'s account. Fortunately, I found the monologue I was looking for:

Last edited:
Probably a good example of systemic racism was something in the real estate business known as "redlining":

"Redlining is a term used to refer to a now-illegal practice in the mortgage lending industry. Lenders used to draw red lines around portions of a map to indicate areas of a city in which they didn't want to make loans."

"Even if a credit-worthy applicant applied to buy a home in those neighborhoods, they could be denied. Reverse redlining, where a bank lends to a borrower in a redlined area but charges a premium for the loan which isn't justified by their credit-worthiness, also exists. And it can look like realtors refusing to show properties in some areas to certain types of people."

"This practice was made illegal in the Fair Housing, or Equal Credit Opportunity Act. While redlining on a racial basis has been prohibited by law, lenders can still redline if a home lies on a fault line or a flood plain."

So, here's an example of systemic racism being addressed through the legislative process. However, as often happens, this practice is still going on in some cases -- and that's what gets tricky to pin down:

"Discriminatory practices such as redlining hurt home buyers because they create an unfair housing market. If you're a buyer of color and you're working with an unethical realtor, they might only show you houses in traditionally black neighborhoods. You'd miss out on seeing an awesome house that could be less expensive in another part of town."

"It also hurts home buyers trying to buy in a neighborhood that's been redlined. If you've found your dream home, and it's located within those red lines, you could struggle to finance your purchase even if you've been pre-approved for a mortgage. Historically, this meant that some neighborhoods remained poor and lower class and didn't receive capital investments to improve."

"What are signs you might be a victim of redlining?"

"Identifying the practice of redlining can be hard for borrowers because they don't have insight into a bank's lending data. Studies have shown that black applicants are still being turned away for loans at significantly higher rates than white loan applicants, even when controlling for factors such as income and credit scores."

"If your loan officer has continually asked for more documentation, they could be fishing for a reason to deny your application. If all other metrics, such as your income, employment, and credit score, would indicate that you could afford a home, but you're still hearing a 'no', the lender could be discriminating against you. You can file a complaint with your state's Attorney General and take your business elsewhere."

"The term 'steering' refers to guiding buyers either away from or towards neighborhoods, often based upon the buyer's race. If your realtor is steering you away from homes in a community, even if they meet your criteria, you could be a victim of redlining. It's also difficult to prove, and often, you could just have a gut feeling that something is wrong."

"Ask your realtor to show you homes in other areas and observe how they respond. They can't flat-out refuse, and if they do, you can complain to their brokerage and report them to the National Association of Realtors. If you suspect that you might be a victim of redlining, your best option is to fire the realtor or apply with a different lending institution."

[end quote]

I think what's challenging right now is to maintain a balanced perspective. On the one hand, there are no doubt many more examples of systemic racism [as per redlining] in the U.S. and across the globe -- and don't even get me started on the insidiousness of the caste system in India, which is truly entrenched through religion (its origin apparently dating back to ancient India), as well as India's variegated social mores and prejudices, depending on region.

Maybe the real point is not so much whether systemic racism exists, since, as per the now illegal practice of redlining, it's not always easy to determine, but rather: how do we as a society -- with all our differences, and, yes, prejudices -- want to... well, "conduct" having a country? And I don't think most Americans think "radical insurgency" is the best approach.

On the other hand, as per the last Tucker Carlson monologue (of last Thursday night), social values change quickly, and what was unthinkable just a few weeks ago is now becoming commonplace. So, time is of the essence, it seems.

By the way, Youtube keeps shutting down his account. But I found the monologue I was looking for:

I've posted this before, but it talks a little bit about redlining in Portland, Oregon. This was written by a late friend in 2017. It's an excellent primer on the topic of racism in Portland.

It was only a matter of time. Mount Rushmore is a symbol of ''white supremacy'' and ''structural racism" and must be destroyed. Next up is the statue of liberty.

I can see why some don't like or want the monument. OTOH, it is a spectacular work of art. I'm imagining a day far in the future, where a few things like this still stand as proof of a once/previous powerful human civilization that revered fine art. If the comets come and blast us back to a stone age, there will be little left to see. The vines and the rust will overtake the cities in no time at all.

I was reading a piece on Medium today about what not to say to POCs, as such things are racist. The article left me feeling depressed and exhausted. It seems any manner of compliment is liable to be interpreted as racist. Point being interpreted as such. I sense hypersensitivity to imagined slights. I'm told that I don't get to determine what is racist, only the POC has the experience of it. What makes me sad is that I now no longer feel safe saying anything to anyone, outside of a very well known circle of friends. I can see how others similarly affected might choose to socially re-segregate just for safety in this cancel culture. This can only make things worse as people divide themselves.

Back
Top Bottom