George Floyd's Death, Protests and Riots across the US

I agree, except possibly if all parties (black and white) were kneeling to pray. Otherwise, the kneeling with bowed head, the lying down prostrate is submission. The only action that would be worse would be lying on back with belly showing as dogs do to show submission.

I have no agenda, that was just my gut reaction to seeing those videos.
I agree me too. Plus, the army is supposed to protect people. I don't understand why they knee. Why? To show they are good guys? They believe in God? I think we are entering a very strange dimension. A dead zone.

The point here (and always) is the context in which the kneeling is done. Kneeling in this context by police and random people is clearly a submission to and acceptance of the ideology that "black lives matter". Why would anyone ever have to kneel down to accept that "black lives matter", or any other self-evident statement? Do you accept that the sky is blue on a cloudless day? If so, you must prove it by kneeling down in front of me. Does that make sense?

Right, and then if you take that a step further, what could have started as a simple gesture of submission will become something demanded at some point. So it will be like: "well... you kneeled that one time, which was nice... can you do it again?" and from there to "Why aren't you kneeling?!" isn't really that long of a road.

People tend to abuse what they get for free, even if grateful at first. It could get to the point where the protests can be about someone not kneeling. And why kneeling? I understand the context in which the gesture was born with Cappernick (or whatever his name is, the american football player), but even kneeling in that context was a sign of disrespect, a sing of "I do not stand for this" and now it becomes a sign of support?

I remember at one point a few firefighters in France showed their support of the Yellow Vest movement by removing their helmets, that one to me showed the intention was mutual respect and trust. " I don't need this helmet because I won't be doing anything to hurt you, so you won't have any reason to hurt me." And I could be wrong, but that shows a relationship of equals, of "I stand with you"... kneeling is a bit much.

I know it has been presented everywhere as a courageous act of standing up for what you believe (pun intended), but I don't think it is. And I also understand why it feels good. It's normal, I think, to seek the catharsis of witnessing a really tense and violent situation eventually resolving itself in such a heart warming manner, movies do this all the time. But it shows submission, disrespect and cowardice, terror even.

Imagine watching your parents argue about whatever, and instead of actually working through the issue, one of them kneels and submits. Did it deescalate the situation? Sure, but what precedent would it slowly establish? it would turn into tyranny. Even if it doesn't turn into tyranny, it could also simply say that one party doesn't respect or considers the other one capable of working through the issue successfully.

I remember I heard this phrase somewhere when someone was apologizing "Don't be sorry, be better". So I think I am with Joe on this one, a sincere apology that is followed through with behavioral change and awareness is far more desirable than an immediate submission only to avoid punishment, why? because how sincerely are they looking to change?

That is not to say that there isn't anything that needs to be changed within the criminal system in the US, but why not announce those changes and implement them instead of simply kneeling? if you truly mean your kneeling that is. And how much of this is simply posturing? How much of this is simply officers and soldiers simply seeking the attention and the "likes" by doing that one thing that everyone's doing. And how long before it looses its flare like all the other social network challenges?

A: Level playing field eventually. Just wait for the current to begin to flow!

In light of this explosive turn of events it would be nice to see dark counter clockwise energy vortexes over the heads of the bad actors and light clockwise energy vortexes over the heads of people of the truth. That would sure level the playing field in a hurry since the media would not be able to deceive the people as they are doing now. The protesters would likewise be shocked how they were easily deceived by just a few bad actors and the lying press.

Tucker Carlson addressed all of this last night and, as usual, he is entirely on point.

I also appreciated the video, but have my questions about it. The numbers he is crunching comes from the Washington Post, as he admits. What is your view on (1) the trustworthiness of WaPo, and (2) Tucker's use of WaPo stats alone?

It is important in these times to be as intellectually honest as possible. In this sense, Tucker (if he 'truly exists' beyond the captivating FOX TV personality that he appears as) may be 'on point' - but the point he is making is based on WaPo data.

The point here (and always) is the context in which the kneeling is done.
The context for a lot of people in the US is from 2016 when during the playing of the national anthem before a football game, a time when customarily people stand up and take off their hats to respect the flag, football player Kaepernick decided to sit instead. So it started as sitting instead of standing for the flag, and then Kaepernick talked with a military veteran football player who convinced him to kneel for the flag instead of sitting, because somehow kneeling was less disrespectful to the flag than sitting.

This cartoon with him sitting shows that it started with sitting, not kneeling,

It's somewhat ironic that kneeling was on the advice of a US military veteran. The kneeling for the US flag and US military is what people might be forgetting.

So, the curious detail that happened on May 4th and, today it went viral, seems to me quite suspicious. Today, social media calling for justice, also a petition in change org and, the hashtag Justicia para Giovanni, being right now 1st in Top Twitter Trending worldwide and in México
Here we go, today... a bunch of.. . people went today to Palace Government of Jalisco to "demand justice" of the murder of the person who was arrested for not wearing a mask. There seem to be few but, some were very violent, destroying, burning police car etc..problem is, it can be expanded to other cities.

And, yes, unfortunately, the police here also have a long history of abuse

JALISCO POLICEMEN thought no one was recording them, and they slapped a young man in the back until he passed out.

This happened minutes ago near the Government Palace.

ALFARO (second name of Governor of Jalisco) doesn't understand that the violence of its police can unleash more protests.

#JusticeParaGiovanni
using deepl

Every time I hear or see the company name Acme, I am reminded of being a child of the 70's and watching Wile. E. Coyote using this companies brand of products to try and destroy the Roadrunner. In each cartoon he failed every time with it usually backfiring on him in turn. I'm sure some of the younger generation has seen at least a reference to this cartoon and can only hope that at some point they can draw their own conclusions to this sign/symbol/anology?

Between that and soldiers 'taking the knee' at protests, Trump likely can't rely on the military to follow orders in this situation.

He's on his own. Thus the people who support him/expect him to take charge of the situation are also on their own. Between this and Corona-1984, govt has abandoned ship.

The following may become an increasingly familiar scene; gated/rural/suburban communities doing their own security:

Yeap, I think Trump may be on his own, not that he wasn't before, but now it's coming to a head, maybe more so. A serious Trump supporter mentioned at work, that she thinks there may be an attempt on his life. I can barely imagine what that would do to all the people who support him in terms of their actions.
It seems like you are sticking with the fine point of police violence against minorities in your writing. Okay, so the statistics don't bear out the idea that cops disproportionately kill blacks/minorities over whites. But I don't think that is only what people are upset about and protesting over. It's police targeting, harassing, unconstitutional search and seizures, etc. against blacks in the US. Right off the top of my head I am thinking of NYC's awful stop-and-frisk policy, which most certainly targeted blacks (and NY police were likely trained by the intel agencies). There are many other examples as well, including Ferguson, MO, but all around the US.

So I think you are missing the forest for the trees in regards to why people are so upset towards police in the US. It's not just about white cops killing black people. It's about mistreatment, it's about harassment, it's about having their constitutional rights taken away from them almost on a daily basis. These things are definitely happening, and people should rightly be demanding accountability over those illegal actions. They haven't been getting that for years through other means, so at some point the anger will build up. Certainly there are groups like Antifa or BLM which are probably controlled opposition created to channel all this anger towards something that the elites want.

But there is, IMO, righteous anger out there and I don't see it as an illusion created by the media or hystericization - although some of that is occurring as well. It seems you are so focused on the specific point of police violence that you are missing out on the above points and that's creating a separation in seeing the situation objectively that other members see as black and white thinking.

Thank you Beau for articulating some of what I was trying to convey in a previous post about the deep seated anger. I also would like to add that the poverty too many live with, the suffering that entails, the inherited trauma from generations past that has not been dealt with and any number of other factors may also be a contributing cause. If there is not a healthy productive outlet to channel this anger, it will simmer until it boils over.

I've thought about this a lot over the last few days and as many of you who have checked the temp of the social media sites see that some are in the Black Lives Matter camp and others are in the all Lives Matter camp but I think that the correct saying is NO Lives Matter to the PTB. Maybe some of the twist and turns that will come about are the PTB absurdities will be so obvious that it will exceedingly difficult for the masses to ignore what's been in their faces for so long?

I also appreciated the video, but have my questions about it. The numbers he is crunching comes from the Washington Post, as he admits. What is your view on (1) the trustworthiness of WaPo, and (2) Tucker's use of WaPo stats alone?

It is important in these times to be as intellectually honest as possible. In this sense, Tucker (if he 'truly exists' beyond the captivating FOX TV personality that he appears as) may be 'on point' - but the point he is making is based on WaPo data.
Perhaps Tucker uses WaPo stats because his audience thinks them valid, so he's using a source that they trust. If one provides information on too many topics, especially if the audience isn't receptive, the point one wants to make is easily lost. Better to focus on one particular message, which already may be one more message than the audience is ready to accept. An alternative explanation is that Tucker accepts WaPo stats. He's good, on fire sometimes, but he does have a certain perspective on things. We all have biases and blind spots, and external factors can come into play, like preserving ones livelihood.

Having not personally vetted the WaPo dataset, I can't personally vouch for its reliability any more than I can for any other dataset I have not personally compiled. It does, however, seem entirely consistent with FBI and DOJ statistics.

One can critique datasets endlessly, but unless one has good reason to doubt the data, it just becomes epistemic nihilism at a certain point. Are there other, contradictory datasets? More or less reliable? I don't know, though I'm not aware of any. I DO know that those insisting on the narrative of an epidemic of racial violence against minorities reliably decline to do provide any data to back up that narrative, instead relying upon emotionally manipulative rhetoric and imagery. Those who say this narrative is false do provide data.

That is a telling difference.

This just in:
If you follow Antifa's antics, you may have heard of journalist Andy Ngo. He was attacked last June, had his camera stolen, and ended up in the hospital with a brain injury. The Portland police, the mayor/police commissioner, and the prosecutor's office have done nothing so far.

Why do you keep saying this? It's kind of silly.

I know, eh? I was writing at the time while struggling with a head ache and sluggish thinking; I was off form. There's often a thin line between effective prose and silly prose, and I crossed it. Luckily, my headache has passed so I can now say with confidence...

UFOs are real and Aliens are indeed the Apex predator humanity must contend with. The reason I say that is that I think it is important to not lose perspective when discussing human matters which are primed with knee-jerk high-emotion conditioned responses, (racism is a huge hot-button issue preventing clear thought for most of the populace), that the radical behaviors we are witnessing across the globe would appear to be, if all the years of research performed on this forum are at all valid, the result of a centuries-long mind programming campaign performed by hyper-dimensional forces.

I find it a useful tactic when there is a risk of losing our heads to mechanical, conditioned/manipulated thinking, to pull the camera back a notch and remember what is really going on.

Back
Top Bottom