Help with creating (and proofreading) transcripts of SOTT Talk Radio shows

BrightLight11 said:
Hi Gandalf.

I was sent an invite to the transcription group and allowed it to expire. I got caught up in the holiday season, storm preparations, and just procrastinated. :rolleyes: I'm sorry. If you'll have me, I'm still very much interested in assisting with the process. Thank you.

Just sent a new one. ;)

Gandalf said:
BrightLight11 said:
Hi Gandalf.

I was sent an invite to the transcription group and allowed it to expire. I got caught up in the holiday season, storm preparations, and just procrastinated. :rolleyes: I'm sorry. If you'll have me, I'm still very much interested in assisting with the process. Thank you.

Just sent a new one. ;)

I've checked my email and have received the invitation. Thank you for understanding Gandalf. :)

Re: Help with creating (and proofreadind) transcripts of SOTT Talk Radio shows

QuantumLogic said:
Gandalf said:
QuantumLogic said:
I looked at the list, and #9 is not taken yet. I am going to use herondancer's program link to assist with the task. It seems like money well worth spent considering the speed change abilities beyond the SOTT shows(important lectures linked on SOTT and the forum). If no one else has taken it, I would like to take #9. Let me know if this is ok. Thanks!

Hi QuantumLogic,

Go ahead with #9. It is yours. :thup:

Table updated

Great! Thank you. :D

Hi QuantumLogic,

How are-you doing with the IT of Show #9?

momo said:
Gandalf said:
Carlise said:
If nobody is doing it yet, I can start on show 10 (one of my favourites :) ), got a little more free time recently.

Hi Carlise,

Go ahead with #10. I will put your name on the list.

Edited: Table updated

Hello!

I've been working on show #10 based on signing up for it here: https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,12953.msg413515.html#msg413515
Seems like it's my mistake, partly, because of the scrambled communication...

Sorry for that.

Shall we share the show, Carlise?
I could take the first hour, you the second, since I'm gone through part of it...?

Greetings,
Momo

Hi Carlise and Momo,

How are you doing with the IT of Show #10?

webglider said:
Until then, I'll work on Show #12 as parallel seems to working on the "Are Psychopaths Cool" show transcript.

Hi webglider,

How are you doing with the IT of Show #12?

Bear said:
Atuya said:
Hey Gandalf,

I will be happy transcribe show #16, Colin Ross interview, if nobody is working on it already.

Hi Atuya, From the table looks like Stoneboss has that one (reducing the font of the webpage makes it easier to see the table). The rest of the shows are taken.

If you want, you could do the second half of the one I'm doing. I just started yesterday and it is taking me a long time just to do the first few minutes. It is harder for me than I thought. I'm doing Show #13: Baghdad to Boston - Terrorism Strikes the American Homeland. It is 154 min long, so you could take from the 77th min on.

Hi Bear and Atuya,

According to the database, the second part of the show is done.

So, how are you doing with the first part of the IT of Show #13 Bear?

Shadowself said:
Had, some laugh while transcribing. :lol: Sometimes it is really hard to transcribe with Jason around ;D
But than again it wouldn't be fun transcribing without him, so thank you Jason for being there ;)

Hi Shadowself,

How are you doing with the IT of Show #19?

Gandalf said:
Hi Carlise and Momo,

Hey Gandalf,

I completed the second half of the show almost 8 months ago and posted here, and was waiting for momo to finish when he/she had some flooding issues. Time passed and I got busy with others things, and totally forgot about it, so I do apologise.

I can transcribe the first hour of the show as well soon.

Carlisle said:
The second hour and 17 minutes is now done and ready for proof reading :)

Gandalf said:
Bear said:
Atuya said:
Hey Gandalf,

I will be happy transcribe show #16, Colin Ross interview, if nobody is working on it already.

Hi Atuya, From the table looks like Stoneboss has that one (reducing the font of the webpage makes it easier to see the table). The rest of the shows are taken.

If you want, you could do the second half of the one I'm doing. I just started yesterday and it is taking me a long time just to do the first few minutes. It is harder for me than I thought. I'm doing Show #13: Baghdad to Boston - Terrorism Strikes the American Homeland. It is 154 min long, so you could take from the 77th min on.

Hi Bear and Atuya,

I'm done about the first 30 min of the show. Sorry for the delay and it is taking me so long.

Carlisle said:
Gandalf said:
Hi Carlise and Momo,

Hey Gandalf,

I completed the second half of the show almost 8 months ago and posted here, and was waiting for momo to finish when he/she had some flooding issues. Time passed and I got busy with others things, and totally forgot about it, so I do apologise.

I can transcribe the first hour of the show as well soon.

Carlisle said:
The second hour and 17 minutes is now done and ready for proof reading :)

Hi Carlise,

We will wait for momo's answer and see what is the best thing to do after that.

If you have not done it yet, could you upload your second half in the database please.

Thanks

Bear said:
Gandalf said:
Bear said:
Atuya said:
Hey Gandalf,

Hi Bear and Atuya,

I'm done about the first 30 min of the show. Sorry for the delay and it is taking me so long.

Hi Bear,

Thanks for your answer.

Would you like to have some help to finish the first part?

Gandalf said:
Hi Bear,

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, please. I have now have done from the start up to the 30 min point. I will be away from the computer this weekend and since most of the other Sott radio shows are done I don't want to hold up the process.

Bear said:
Gandalf said:
Hi Bear,

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, please. I have now have done from the start up to the 30 min point. I will be away from the computer this weekend and since most of the other Sott radio shows are done I don't want to hold up the process.

So could you attach your document in your next post.

I would ask someone in the group to finish it.

Thanks

Hi Carlise,

We will wait for momo's answer and see what is the best thing to do after that.

If you have not done it yet, could you upload your second half in the database please.

Thanks

It is now in the database under the name "STR10 Science Modern Medicine - Part 2.docx"

Gandalf, if there's something I can continue with and/or help finish up, please let me know which one you'd like me to work on.

Back
Top Bottom