Help with creating (and proofreading) transcripts of SOTT Talk Radio shows

SovereignDove said:
I would like to help with transcribing or proofreading the SOTT radio shows, if there is something that needs to be worked on.

Hi SovereignDove,

Thank so much for your offer. :flowers:

An invitation to join the group has just been sent to you.

Please post a little intro as soon as you have joined the group and someone will give you the officail Welcome message explaining how to proceed.

And as you know, please remember the following note which is very important for all translators/transcribers :

"Notice to all those interested in volunteering to do translations/transcriptions: We would also like to strongly suggest that you participate regularly in the forum. As you can imagine, translating SOTT/QFS/FOTCM/Cass material also requires a desire to work on the self. This project, believe it or not, is a very useful tool for us all, as we learn a lot about ourselves, networking and the material itself while doing it. But most of the networking and work on the self needs to be done in the forum. The more you participate, the more you learn and the more other members learn with you! "

I can transcribe Show #55. I downloaded Express Scribe which is very easy to use and want to give it a real "test drive" :)

SMM said:
I can transcribe Show #55. I downloaded Express Scribe which is very easy to use and want to give it a real "test drive" :)

Hi SMM,

Would you like to join the translation/transcription group?

Gandalf said:
SMM said:

Hi SMM,

Hi Gandalf,

Yes, I would like to help transcribe and proofread. Thanks!

SMM said:
Gandalf said:
SMM said:

Hi SMM,

Hi Gandalf,

Hi SMM,

Please post a little intro as soon as you have joined the group and someone will give you the officail Welcome message explaining how to proceed.

And as you know, please remember the following note which is very important for all translators/transcribers :

"Notice to all those interested in volunteering to do translations/transcriptions: We would also like to strongly suggest that you participate regularly in the forum. As you can imagine, translating SOTT/QFS/FOTCM/Cass material also requires a desire to work on the self. This project, believe it or not, is a very useful tool for us all, as we learn a lot about ourselves, networking and the material itself while doing it. But most of the networking and work on the self needs to be done in the forum. The more you participate, the more you learn and the more other members learn with you! "

Gandalf said:
SMM said:
Gandalf said:
SMM said:

Hi SMM,

Hi Gandalf,

Hi SMM,

Thanks Gandalf :)

Hi Aya,

How is the transcription of No. 36, the Lierre Keith interview coming along? I can help you out with part of it if you would like.

Bluefyre said:
Hi Aya,

How is the transcription of No. 36, the Lierre Keith interview coming along? I can help you out with part of it if you would like.

Thank you, Bluefyer.

I can finish the first hour of transcription. I will post it up as soon as I can.
If you can help me with the second hour (1hour to the end), that would be wonderful.

I noticed some typos in "Show #50 - Spirit Release Therapy: Patrick Rodriguez & Heather Hayes interview". http://www.sott.net/article/274165-SOTT-Talk-Radio-Spirit-Release-Therapy-Interview-with-Patrick-Rodriguez-Heather-Hayes
Heather: When somebody's talking and I can't get exactly what to solve the energy, I will get a metaphor to explain it to me a little better. It just comes into my mind. I'm not quite sure how to explain it otherwise.
The word transcribed as "solve" sounds like "follow" to me, pronounced with an accent - sort of like 'fall-uh'.

Heather: Actually at first I kind of didn't really pay attention to it too much because I was told by my mother that it's not a good or she thought that I had mental problems or something, you know what I mean?
Should be "it's not good" rather than "it's not a good".

Patrick: [...] What the working model is we have fallen angels. Fallen angels employ beings if you will. I call them workers. [...]
"beings" should be "demons".

Another note, Patrick refers to "the work" multiple times, and puts a particular emphasis on the word "work". It sounds to me like maybe he's meaning it in the way we capitalize it as "the Work". Would it be worth going through and capitalizing the word where appropriate to communicate this connection? Or am I perhaps reading into it?

Patrick: [...] I only read it for the first time like a couple of weeks ago and I was just so taken aback by the raw emotions that people share, his fear's and just the courage. [...]
"fear's" should be "fears".

Heather: That depends on what happens. Commonly when I go to certain parts of Los Angeles, let's say, I could feel something happened there. [...]
Sounds to me like "happens" should be "happened". As in, "that depends on what happened there in the past".

Patrick: That just brings to mind the play by Shakespeare, Hamlet and I had a spiritual teacher that gave a complete discourse on the Hamlet and he talked about people throughout the ages have said 'well, Hamlet was crazy'.
"the Hamlet" should be "the book Hamlet".

Patrick: [...] Someone will come to the website and say "can you release the spirit?" [...]
"the spirit" should be "this spirit".

Patrick: [...] Many people are paying so they agree to that. [...]
"paying" should be "in pain".

Patrick: [...] Some people just want a quick fix, but people that come close, we always find a lot of hurt and a lot of pain. [..]
"close" should be "to us".

Patrick: [...] Which sounds very similar to what you're talking about and we help resolve that pain in many instances. You can accept the pain because people that don't accept their own hurt, and this happens a lot with violence, sexual violence, abuse is that people know intellectually that they were hurt. [...]
It sounds to me like "in many instances. You can accept the pain" should be "in many instances, even accept the pain".

Patrick: That sound's awesome, absolutely
Missing period. (Am I starting to nitpick yet?! :P)

Gary: Alright, well that sound's very interesting. I'll have to take a look at that. So thanks for your time
Missing period.

Niall: We're going to hold you to that now!

Pierre: Good idea.

[insert]

Joe: Patrick, we're probably going to end pretty soon but I just...
Insert: "Patrick: I want to know when that is."

Patrick: For actually several years I only did phone sessions and then I started working with a young man and because his father asked me to come into his office and do it.
I think that second "and" can be safely removed. I've noticed that extraneous words are often removed to improve the flow and understandability of the transcript.

Patrick: [...] If someone just wants a let's see how this works then one session, great. [...]
Maybe quotes should be added around "let's see how this works" since it's hypothetically what someone else is saying.

Ariel: One of things I've found on some type of a spirit level, I find I am very drawn to, I guess what they call collective traumas and stuff, and it's almost like there's something that tells me that if there's something collective going on, there's something weird under the surface we sense that. [...]
"we" should be "I always".

Patrick: So that tells me right away that you empathy abilities.
"empathy" should be "empath".

Aaand I think that covers it pretty well! A very interesting show, thanks to everyone involved!

HowToBe, have you considered joining our team to help transcribe and proofread the radio shows? We could always use the help. ;)

Hi again Aya, I've finished the second hour of No. 36, so if you would like to send me what you've done I can combine and finish. Or if you want to finish the first hour that's fine as well.

Back
Top Bottom