How to prepare for the coming Ice Age?

The way I see it, by revealing a 'safe place' (assuming that there is such a place and it is possible to predict it), there is a great probability that many people will spend all their energy on getting there, at the expense of their spiritual development. If physical survival means living in a world similar to what is depicted in the movie The Road or worse, and forgoing the chance of experiencing "true existence", even just for a moment, it doesn't sound great to me at all. Just a thought.

Wooly socks 5 pairs - Check !
warm gloves - Check !
pair of warm trousers + spare pair in case one pair gets wet/frozen - Check !
One of those jackets, snorkels jackets, with furry hood , very popular in the 70s - Check !
Swiss army boots (UG boots, snowshoes, ice skates all in one) - Check !
Battery powered dvd player - CHeck !
DVD, The Ice Age is Coming What Now - Check !
DVD . DIY Igloos - CHeck !
CD, Songs for Swinging Hunter Gatherers - Check !
DVD. Scary Police Camera Action Ice Age Snow Sledge Chases - Check!
DVD, The Ice is thawing what now? + bonus DVD How to prepare For Coming Heatwave.

I think that just about covers it, pleasant dreams !

Stevie Argyll said:
warm gloves - Check !
One of those jackets, snorkels jackets, with furry hood , very popular in the 70s - Check !
DVD, The Ice is thawing what now? + bonus DVD How to prepare For Coming Heatwave.

:lol: You forgot about the DVD and CD player that run on batteries! Oh lol I misread, you do have them, nice.

Actually, ya'll might want to watch "Fast Runner."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atanarjuat

It's a great movie about life in the arctic AND how a society can be ponerized by just a few pathological individuals and what to do about them.

SilverJeep said:
msante said:
I think that be 4D candidate means detached from their primal instincts such as survival of the physical body. Reacting instinctively is react unconsciously, and the ascent is quite the opposite: increasing awareness.

I get the theorhetical aspect of "to be concerned more with the soul not the body" but can you honestly tell me that given the choice of life and death (speeding bus) it would be more 4D of you to simply let the bus hit you? And that you would do that? I'm not trying to argue with you, I see this as no different. Do you?

If a bus comes to me maybe I would try to save, or not, I do not know. The important thing is that you are not so concerned about survival, and instead takes up more to increase their frequency. The rest will follow. Relax.

SilverJeep said:
msante said:
How do you know it helpful? Again you assume to know what is best for others. In fact it seems to believe that the survival of the physical body is la best alternative for other people. Perhaps be the best alternative for you because you are not willing to "lose" their loved ones.
Are you saying that you would not intercede with someone in immediate danger because you do not know what is best for them? Again, I'm trying to break this down to its most simple form.

No. I only suggest to relax to see the big picture more clearly.

SilverJeep said:
msante, Thank you for having a conversation with me! I respect your opinion.

I too respect your opinion. I hope be helpfull for you in some way.

nwigal said:
msante said:
SilverJeep said:
1. Survival is an instinct. Like jumping out of the way of a bus speeding toward you. I won’t contemplate if the bus is a lesson, or if survival is what is best for my soul. I will jump out of the way of the bus! Maybe that is the confusion some have had with my posts. I don’t see the coming Ice Age as a “might happen one day” kinda thing. I see it as a bus speeding toward me. I see it as common sense; Jump out of the way.

I think that be 4D candidate means detached from their primal instincts such as survival of the physical body. Reacting instinctively is react unconsciously, and the ascent is quite the opposite: increasing awareness.

To be a 4D candidate without primal instinct is to be a candidate without the knowledge to survive soul-smashing. Reacting instinctively is not unconscious if the impulse is from the higher self; it can be a merging of the Will with that of the DCM. Primal in this sense does not have to mean lower; only more clearly apprehended, in a non-linear sense. To be detached from primal instincts while increasing awareness may lead to just a thought form only, disconnected from the rest of creation. STS knows this, and survives, because they have taught others to disregard the lessons that teach simply, without time for noise. This is how they hope to continue to control, OSIT.

I understand that the term instinct regards mechanical responses triggered by specific patterns. The impulse from the higher self I think it is more linked to the "intuition." At least as I see it.

Laura said:
Actually, ya'll might want to watch "Fast Runner."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atanarjuat

It's a great movie about life in the arctic AND how a society can be ponerized by just a few pathological individuals and what to do about them.

Agreed. I should see if it synchronizes with The Dark Side of the Moon. I really like how the use of the "red shoes" involved internal and external friction, as a strategy that worked. Slippery slope, and all that-not unlike this place, OSIT.

I've just been going through this post to get up to speed here..... and I must say, for such a serious topic, this thread is a hoot! Some very em-passioned discussion.

So.... here I go! Might as well jump in both feet!

FWIW I've given the 'World has a catastrophic event', much thought. The Ice Age event is simple, GET OUT!

I don't know exactly, but imagine it starts to snow one day, and snow, and snow, and snow..... 30, 60, 90? Days later it stops. ICE AGE! HELLO! ...... if it looks like an Ice Age....

Or the temperature stars to drop one day, and drops, and drops, and drops...... if it feels like an Ice Age..... hmmm.... :huh:

I read of the speculation, regarding the BP spill and its effects towards a possible Ice Age. The C`s have not ruled it out either. So!
What are the other scenarios? Add a little or ALLOT of wind, and I think the 2 scenarios above are the most likely. For good measure, maybe add a nuke or two and lots of flying bullets.

Therefore, it appears that this is to be a loose loose situation.

By the time it gets too cold, it will be too late. The same goes for the endless snowing scenario..... unless! You have your vehicle running every time(24/7) it starts to snow, or gets really cold. Or if you leave to a warm climate every time these scenarios begin, which for those of us in the northern climate, can be quite often. Therefore these solutions are unrealistic.

Question regarding Laura here. Is that why she moved to France? To avoid the ice age? Mass chaos in the US? I'm interested to know Laura. I'm sure it has been discussed. I do not remember reading anything about why Laura is in France, and I have become a little curious.

But who's to say the Ice Age will be exclusively in the farther northern or farther southern hemispheres? A Pole shift, could change all that. Too if the earths axis of rotation changed, I think an Ice Age will be the least of the worlds problems.

Speaking of the worlds problems. If an Ice Age were to occur, taking into consideration the current momentum towards Global fascism. I do not see a organized, well orchestrated, humanitarian response to a possible mass migration. What I see happening is, military rule..... more(probably) or less. The ol PTB Machine of - Problem, Solution, Reaction! This Ice Age scenario, will suit the STS's and PTB's machinations to a 'T'. They have spent their unlimited resources already on a plan, for this type of scenario. I am willing to bet that it does not include hot coco 'n Ski-doo's. :(

So? hmmm..... oh yes,

C's said:
It's not where you are, it's who you are.

I'm gonna take a guess here, and say that a certain someone living in the south of France, might have some reason to have moved there.

Stevie Argyll said:
warm gloves - Check !

Great list, may I suggest adding a few more items though. :)

1 Ouija Board
1 High-Hoe
3 Large Metal Cargo Containers
3 Out Houses
1 Galvanized Sewer Pipe 6'x12'
1 Galvanized Sewer Pipe 2'x 24'
1 Diesel Generator
1 Gas Generator
1 Air Tight Stove
Ski Doo's
Snow Shoes
Nordic Ski's
1 Axe
1 Machete
Spade Shovels
23 Bush Cords of Firewood
Oil Lamps
Lamp Oil
1 MIG Welder
etc....etc....

Dig 3 holes, 45' x 8', 11 feet deep(at least)
Put a container in each hole.
Cut 6' sewer pipe into 4' lengths
Cut 2' sewer pipe into 8' lengths
Cut door openings in one end of 2' sewer pipe
Cut door openings in each container
Put firewood in one container
Put supplies in one container
Build Bunk beds, in one container :zzz:
Weld 6' sewer pipe to front of container door
Weld 2' sewer pipe vertically to 6' sewer pipe(openings adjacent to each other)
Back-fill
Place Out House over 2' opening

Cause it's gonna be cold everywhere.
And you need a place to hide, while the you-know-what is hittin the fan.

Hopefully this will assist in preserving you long enough till the 'Wave' arrives.

Cheers,
Harold :cool2:

Actually, Harold, and all others, why we are here and what we are doing has been discussed numerous times here on the forum and in articles. We came here because Ark is an EU citizen, and the political climate in the U.S. was getting very ugly in the run-up to the Iraq invasion. Ark was at a crossroads where he either did the security clearance, took the loyalty oath and joined the war effort or we starved, OR we left. Added to that was the incredible series of attacks on us, including near death experiences for a couple of our children. That was really going too far. You'll get a lot of details by reading this entire thread:
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=673.0

Hmmm... haven't ya'll read "Adventures With Cassiopaea"??? How can you hope to intelligently discuss many things on this forum if you have NOT read the material that led to the forum's existence?

If the systems collapse, there will be no internet. Communication systems will fail. Travel will become increasingly difficult. Tribes will form in lieu of states.
Armies will fight. If markets collapse, cooperative anarchy will be a means to survive in groups. Currency will be just so much paper and plastic. I think the Cs said that the people who will lose the most are those who have the most to lose. That means something. Security will be tenuous.

How will this network here survive a world-wide collapse of communications systems? The internet allows a world-wide communication which is very easy at present. Agreed? What happens when that is degraded? If humans are 4th density food now, it could be the case that they will also become 3rd density physical food in the future. A Sweeney Todd world.

The Gold Coast will be less affected by an ice age than many other regions on earth. You're all welcome.

The Gold Coast will be less affected by an ice age than many other regions on earth. You're all welcome.

Hi Wanderer33,

How do you know the Gold Coast (SE Queensland, Australia) will be less affected? Would the same source also include NE New South Wales?

Well, according to the geological studies, in mainland Australia only a very small area in the vicinity of Mount Kosciuszko was glaciated, whereas in Tasmania glaciation was more widespread. The New Zealand Alps had at least three glacier advances can be distinguished.

See: The last Ice Age in Australia, New Zealand, and Papua New Guinea
http://www-das.uwyo.edu/~geerts/cwx/notes/chap15/lgm_oz.html

The last Glacial Maximum (LGM) occurred between 25-16 thousand years BP. There is strong evidence that humans had occupied Australia 45,000 aBP (1). Thus people lived in Australia through a time when temperatures were about 3 K lower than now, winds were stronger, and the southern half of the continent wetter, especially over higher terrain. Also, the sea was some 130-150 metres lower so that Tasmania was part of the mainland. Small glaciers were present in the Snowy Mountains and the Tasmanian highlands.

Analysis of buried pollen shows that there was a warming by several degrees and also an increase of rainfall from the depth of the last glaciation at 17 ka BP until the start of the Holocene (2). The major glaciers of New Zealand shrank to their minimum lengths shortly after 10,000 BP, while the steppe grassland and open savannah woodland of southeast Australia became replaced by forest.

In Papua New Guinea's Highlands samples of organic matter, dated at 16,000 and 18,000 years BP, show a reduced rate of weathering, which would indicate temperatures 9.7 K and 11.3 K respectively lower than obtain now (3). Also, pollen from this area indicate minimum temperatures some 10 K lower than now, at about 18,000 BP, the time of the last cold phase of the Quaternary Ice Age. A drop of 6 K is suggested by evidence of former ice caps and glaciers on the highest peaks of Papua and Iryan Jaya.

Maximum rainfall in Australia was eventually reached at about 4000 BP in Tasmania and 8000 BP further north, in Queensland. Temperatures were highest, and about the same as today, between 8,000-6,000 BP. But maximum Holocene temperatures in New Zealand (about 2 K warmer than nowadays) occurred about 9000 BP. So the time of greatest warmth was not reached uniformly in the region.

Over 10,000 years humans had to adjust to a climate change whose extent exceeded what is reckoned on in contemplating the future effect of doubling atmospheric carbon dioxide. On the other hand, it is unlikely that post-LGM warming exceeded a rate of 0.1 K/century in Australia, which is but a tenth of current global warming.

Reference

1. Williams, M.A.J. 1991. Evolution of the landscape. In C.D.Haynes, M.G. Ridpath and M.A J. Williams (eds) 1991. Monsoonal Australia (Balkema, Rotterdam).

2. Kershaw, A.P. and G.C. Nanson 1993. The last full glacial cycle in the Australian region. Global and Planetary Change, 7, 1-9.

3. Ruxton, B.P. 1999. Former low temperatures and unusual turbulence above an isolated peak in northeast Papua. Paper presented at the 6th National Conference of the Australian Oceanographic & Meteorological Society, Canberra, 8/2/99.

ADDED: There is this:

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/stories/2010/08/16/8c5088d8c050

Scientists say the collapse of a massive undersea volcano off the coast of the North Island shows New Zealand could be at a high risk of tsunami.

Marine geologists from the National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research (NIWA) have confirmed a major eruption about 200km northwest of Auckland occured some time in the last two years.

The Rumble 3 volcano, which is larger than Mount Ruapehu, has lost about 120 metres in height.

NIWA principal scientist Dr Geoffroy Lamarche says the undersea mapping shows the seabed is more active than was previously known.

"We don't want to be scaremongering here, but definitely any large displacement of (the) seafloor will pull the water down.

"At the surface it will also generate a wave, and this collapse, we know because we've mapped it, this collapse is looking south-west, which is directly toward the New Zealand coast."

Dr Lamarche says scientists will use the data to model the potential impact of a tsunami on Auckland and Bay of Plenty.

Copyright © 2010 Radio New Zealand

Listening has been on my mind of late, especially internal listening. I was reminded by Alana in the E-E Breathing Program thread www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=12837.msg185851#msg185851 of what may constitute good preparation for whatever is coming in the future – Ice Age or whatever, and that is discipline: stilling the Predator’s Mind (Flyer) – well for me at least.

Alana said:
Remember what Castaneda's Don Juan said about the predator's mind? That it is discipline that taxes it? Well, doing EE faithfully is the sort of discipline that can do this.

On this note, i'd like to highly recommend (re)reading chapter 11 from the 2nd Edition of High Strangeness: Hyperdimensions and the Process of Alien Abduction. I read it very recently and it helped me remember how important this disciplining of our mind is, and by proxy, putting the effort to follow the EE program and the diet.

This is what resonated particularly with me from Chapter 11.
Don Juan:
“Whenever doubts plague you to a dangerous point, do something pragmatic about it. Turn off the light, pierce the darkness; find out what you can see. … The sorcerers of ancient Mexico saw the Predator. … The sorcerers of Mexico were quite ill at ease with the idea of it when it made its appearance on Earth. They reasoned that man must have been a complete being at one point, with stupendous insights, feats of awareness that are mythological legends nowadays. And then everything seemed to disappear, and we now have a sedated man.
“…
“ The only alternative left for mankind left for mankind is discipline. Discipline is the only deterrent. But by discipline I don’t mean harsh routines. … Sorcerers understand discipline as the capacity to face with serenity odds that are not included in our expectations. Or them discipline is an art: the art of facing infinity without flinching, not because they are strong and tough but because they are filled with awe.

Sorcerers say that discipline makes his glowing coat of awareness unpalatable to the flyer. The result is that the predators become bewildered. And inedible glowing coat of awareness is not part of their cognition, I suppose. After being bewildered, they don’t have any recourse other than refraining from continuing their nefarious task.
“…
The grand trick of those sorcerers of ancient times was to burden the flyer’s mind with discipline. They found out that if they taxed the flyer’s mind with inner silence, the foreign installation would flee, giving to any one of the practitioners involved in this maneuver the total certainty of the mind’s foreign origin. The foreign installation comes back, I assure you, but not as strong, and a process begins in which the fleeing of the flyer’s mind becomes routine, until one day it flees permanently. A sad day indeed! That’s the day when you have to rely on your own devices, which are nearly zero. There’s no one to tell you what to do. There’s no mind of foreign origin to dictate the imbecilities you’re accustomed to. This is the toughest day in a sorcerer’s life, for the real mind belongs to us, the sum total of our experience, after a lifetime of domination has been rendered shy, insecure, and shifty. Personally, I would say that the real battle of sorcerers begins at that moment. The rest is merely preparation. (Carlos Castaneda in The Active Side of Infinity)

C’s: Thought centres do not have primary focus in any level of density. This is precisely the point. You are not completely familiar with the reality of what thoughts are. We have spoken to you on many levels and have detailed many areas involving density level, but thoughts are quite a different thing because they pass through all density levels at once. …

Who knows what may happen if sufficient people still the Predator’s Mind (Flyer), and as thoughts go through all levels of density at once, again who knows what this may produce when this happens!!! :)

More on the last Ice Age in Australia.

Ice Age map predicts future climate
_http://www.sciencealert.com.au/news/20092001-18694-5.html

“During the last Ice Age – around 20,000 years ago – sea surface temperature was as much as 10 degrees colder than present and icebergs would have been regular visitors to the southern coastline of Australia,” Dr Barrows said.

The temperature was estimated by measuring changes in abundance of tiny plankton fossils preserved on the sea floor, together with chemical analyses of the sediment itself.

“One of our major findings was that the continent’s mid latitudes (Canberra, Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney) are very sensitive and experience the greatest climate change in and out of Ice Ages. This is where we should focus monitoring and look at past impacts of climate change.

“In contrast, the tropical areas (north of Brisbane) change very little, mostly less than 2 degrees.”

The global warming at the end of the last Ice Age was the greatest in recent geological history. Temperatures warmed by as much as 6-10 degrees across Australia.

‘We expect that the same pattern of change will hold for future global warming, with the temperate latitudes changing the most and the tropics changing the least,” Dr Barrows said. “It should be wetter in the tropics and drier in the south as climate belts shift.”

Cooling During Earth's Last Ice Age Likely Extended Around the Globe
_http://www.scienceblog.com/community/older/1997/B/199701386.html

New evidence indicates Australia's interior cooled by more than 16 degrees Fahrenheit during the last ice age, hinting that dramatic temperature drops associated with glaciations at the poles and in the Northern Hemisphere reached around the globe.

Tests were conducted on two independent groups of shell fragments collected from two regions in Australia's sub-tropical interior, said Miller, a fellow at CU-Boulder's Institute of Arctic and Alpine Research. The researchers concluded that the mean annual air temperature in the interior was about 54 F between 45,000 and 16,000 years ago, compared to about 70 F from 16,000 years ago to the present.

The article posted above says:

An international consortium of scientists from 11 countries has produced the maps, which appear in Nature Geoscience.

Can anyone get a copy of this, scan the maps, and post them?

Added: date of article: Tuesday, 20 January 2009

Back
Top Bottom