How to prepare for the coming Ice Age?

luke wilson said:
Again I am sorry if this paints me in a horrible light.

Why? (seriously, think of it)

If the picture painted is a true one, then you have succeeded in networking! First step forwards! Then useful feedback can follow.

luke wilson said:
Dont hate me, I am just being honest.

No one here will. Apart, possibly, from yourself.

When exposing something that one perceives to be "bad" about oneself, or thinking that one has done so, there is usually some panic in the Predator's mind. This is part of its normal procedure. It fears. The rest of you doesn't. The rest of you has only to gain!

luke wilson said:
I still have alot of work to do on myself. That is why I dont think I'll ever be ready to go! To little time to do so much! Only if I knew about this acouple of lifetimes ago I would have started work then and be ready in time. My personality is still fragmented and the predators mind is still alive and well and probably pulling all the strings up there in my mind. Just great.

Everything happens when it is time. You have now arrived at this point, meaning that the time for it is now.

The question is what to do Now. To begin with, what you have expressed above is a fine piece of programming to work on, I think.

Then, whatever happens - happens. So it goes.

Enjoy the ride. :)

luke wilson said:
It is not that I do not like 3D. [...] I want to go somewhere where I can immerse myself in the beauty, where I can feel it! Since I cant do that here in 3D, I figure it has to be in 4D - there is a sense of 'meatyness' for a lack of a better word here that I find to be very limiting. I might be wrong but that is how I have it in my mind.
Have you ever felt this feeling where you feel despite being here, you are actually abit alien, you cannot really connect? Well that is the feeling I have been carrying since I was born. I want to go somewhere where I can connect...

The same goes for me. But such a thing won't happen for 'free'. This is the environment where you have to make it happen - that is the lesson, or one of them - a significant one.

It is not really, I have realized, about finding a 'place' without where you can connect - one must find it within.

"It is not where you are, but who you are and what you See."

luke wilson said:
Infact, one of my parents has worked for charities all my life and I have seen first hand that charities and this 'I WANT TO HELP' is a big lie! I have never seen a situation where someone has been helped and the emphasis has not been on the helper. It's always the same old, sadness, remorse, pity and stuff that drives people to want to help. Like you are feeling sorry for someone else. How nice! I suppose you feeling sorry for them is going to help them! This person has been reduced to the status of needing help and you have been increased to the status of saviour!

There is plenty that is genuine in what you see about the usual attitude to "help", I think. If someone doesn't want to help him-or-herself, then indeed you cannot genuinely help - you can only take while feeling "good" about it. But there are those who could help themselves, and who are Open (sometimes implicitly, sometimes explicitly asking) to receiving something - this is where to look. With discernment, it is possible to help, though you may need, having seen through the usual ideas about "help", to form a clear idea of what genuine help is.

luke wilson said:
I personally would never ever in a trillion years, help someone because I am feeling sorry for them! I do feel this sadness, remorse and pity but I never let it cheat me into helping...

If someone genuinely needs help, though, it is not necessary to let your attitude to such feelings stop you - you could try to be indifferent to them and see if there is a reason independent of them, one that is rooted in External Considering.

luke wilson said:
Whatever is going to happen to this planet is going to happen. I do not think there is anything I can do to change anything... Other people can affect change. Just not me.

That remains to be seen.

fwiw

luke wilson said:
bud said:
I don't consider myself worth anything on my own, but if some disaster is imminent and Universe wishes to preserve a portion of humanity or it's Work, then someone willing to help by aligning their Will with DCM's would be valuable and worth preserving, I would think. A self-oriented individual, by contrast, would have little or nothing to offer anyone or DCM, so what would be the point...from the Universe's point of view? (That's the key to understanding Laura's answer, osit).

What does DCM stand for?

Divine Cosmic Mind. You don't participate in the EE program?

luke wilson said:
Does anyone really know the universe's point of view?

In the context of the comments, what matters, as I estimate it, is that it is a much wider point of view than one person. Perhaps "humanity as a whole" will suffice?

luke wilson said:
Assigning value to what people have to offer. Isnt that judgemental and based on subjectivity on our part?

In this context, values are relative to life and survival. What aids and enhances life is value, what diminishes and destroys life is a disvalue (evil). I don't think that kind of judgement is so subjective. The evidence or results could be seen by anyone looking.

luke wilson said:
Surely the cleaner is as valuable as the CEO. A world without cleaners....

Yes, but perhaps not for the same reasons. In some cases, the cleaner may even be more valuable as long as he produces more than he consumes (which is generally the case).

luke wilson said:
I cant argue from the universe's point of view because I dont know it...

Point taken. I don't know "it" either, but as our goal is objective consciousness, to meet that goal we will want to expand our point of view to include as many as possible, osit. And that's more than one.

luke wilson said:
I am still reading the wave.... should be done soon though.

:thup:

When is this coming ice age coming? We hear millenium / end times prophecies with increasing frequency yet we are still here.
they had then in heaps at 1000 AD too and 1010 years on the planet still seems here.

How many expect to see an ice age in their lifetime ? Does preoccupying with the miriad of Earth disasters / conspiracy theories distract from self work, its certainly a lot easier to think about these thinks than work?

read this far? interested in the work? what happened?

I am reminded of Gurdjieff holding group meeting in his flat in Paris whilst under Nazi occupation during the war years, the transcripts and reports are all to do with individuals quest for being, He stuck it out under Nazi occupation, he didnt cut and run to the safety of America, neither did he spend the meetings talking about nazis and world 48/96 material.
what is the work today ? How does planning for a possible/maybe;/ don't know ice age fit in.

I am genuinly curious, ,my post might seem dismissive, I am raising alternate points to stimulate a discussion. How and where does preparing for a possible but not certain climate change affect your day, or longer term plans for your aim ?

Stevie Argyll said:
I am genuinly curious, ,my post might seem dismissive, I am raising alternate points to stimulate a discussion. How and where does preparing for a possible but not certain climate change affect your day, or longer term plans for your aim ?

That's actually a good question. I live in South Georgia in a potential hurricane alley bringing potential 'acid rain' and oil into the area from the Gulf eventually. It is not imminent, but a possibility I keep in mind. I also think about earthquakes, methane explosions, comets and ice-age.

Thing is, you wouldn't be able to tell by watching me whether I was 'preparing' for disaster or not. I am collecting information and locating sources for things, though.

My family and extended family are rooted in this geographical area and I have no plans to run away if some disaster happens. In fact, in a sense, I don't 'plan' at all. I am aware of possibilities and ready to go into action with whatever information and assistance I may be able to offer when/if needed, but I also expect to demonstrate any STO candidacy I may be capable of by being here to devote myself where needed, even if it costs me my physical life.

At least, that's where I'm at right now. That's probably more info than you were looking for, but that's the way it is. :)

Stevie Argyll said:
When is this coming ice age coming? We hear millenium / end times prophecies with increasing frequency yet we are still here.
they had then in heaps at 1000 AD too and 1010 years on the planet still seems here.

How many expect to see an ice age in their lifetime ? Does preoccupying with the miriad of Earth disasters / conspiracy theories distract from self work, its certainly a lot easier to think about these thinks than work?

what is the work today ? How does planning for a possible/maybe;/ don't know ice age fit in.

Stevie Argyll, I think that this discussion about a possible cataclysm will help us prepare for it. I know that I am getting a lot out of people's opinions about it right here. In my opinion, I hope to be prepared emotionally and physically, and if my emotional part will still be intact then I will be able to somehow function and hopefully help others to stay grounded. SO far I have not had much luck with helping people awaken from their sleepy existance, it's like they don't want to know the truth because their lives are still being propelled by a lot of money which makes their lives very comfortable and cozy. The doomsday theory just does not seem to be edible for most. I, personally, have had, pardon my language, a shitty life, nothing was handed to me on a silver platter, and I think that is helping me to be aware of what might be coming our way. I have always wanted to know the truth, no matter how brutal it is.

Just waiting for the good or the bad coming my way is not enough. I have to do something so that I will at least be able to know how to react. If nothing bad happens then there is nothing to lose; but if something bad happens and I won't know how to react then I will definitely be sucked in with the rest who will be running around in circles like headless chickens.

I just wanted to say that I love reading all of your ideas. Only time will tell what the outcome of our existence will be. But in the meantime I am glad that I have found all of you in this lifetime; when you think about it finding this forum is like finding a needle in a haystack. I think we should consider ourselves lucky already. ;)

Psalehesost said:
When exposing something that one perceives to be "bad" about oneself, or thinking that one has done so, there is usually some panic in the Predator's mind. This is part of its normal procedure. It fears. The rest of you doesn't. The rest of you has only to gain!

Thanks for this Psalehesost. I did not see it. I think I just might have got a glimpse of my predators mind. When I was typing that, I tried to be as genuine as I can and I had this nagging feeling telling me 'you are painting yourself on the wrong light, this will make you look bad.' So that is why I put the comments down. If I was to analyze it, I would say it is because I felt I was being to expressive and some of what I was expressing might have met alot of resistance which in turn will lead to my image going down. I think this is classic predator mind's programming that I wasnt even aware off. Also it was a form of defense mechanism. Something to fall back on, just incase the predator turned out to be right....

Networking comes to the rescue, again. :clap:

Psalehesost said:
It is not really, I have realized, about finding a 'place' without where you can connect - one must find it within.

"It is not where you are, but who you are and what you See."

I think this is invaluable and easily forgotten. I always recite this to myself. Dont know why I forgot or did not apply it in this situation.

I now have a better grasp of what the Cs meant when they said that.

Psalehesost said:
With discernment, it is possible to help, though you may need, having seen through the usual ideas about "help", to form a clear idea of what genuine help is.

Again you are precisely right. I think the problem I have with 'help' is I do not know what genuine help is or how such an act is practised. I have however seen through my experiences and environment alot of different types of help. I do not agree with 'help' as it is sold today simply because of the fact that it doesnt result in the intended consequence, that is, the help is never actually achieved or it gives birth to other usually negative stuff that result as a direct consequence thus indicating this isnt genuine help. And also there is usually a hidden price tied to these modern kind of help.

bud said:
Divine Cosmic Mind. You don't participate in the EE program?

...I am scared of the EE program. I have only ever done it once. I was planning on doing it when I next can. I think I have alot of buried, suppressed emotions and buggage that I have accumulated over many years and I wasnt prepared or didnt acknowledge how potent they would be once out in the surface. I am ready to face my demons now though.

Also thank you for clarifying your points bud. I hadnt seen what you meant.

bud said:
That's actually a good question. I live in South Georgia in a potential hurricane alley bringing potential 'acid rain' and oil into the area from the Gulf eventually. It is not imminent, but a possibility I keep in mind. I also think about earthquakes, methane explosions, comets and ice-age.

Thing is, you wouldn't be able to tell by watching me whether I was 'preparing' for disaster or not. I am collecting information and locating sources for things, though.

My family and extended family are rooted in this geographical area and I have no plans to run away if some disaster happens. In fact, in a sense, I don't 'plan' at all. I am aware of possibilities and ready to go into action with whatever information and assistance I may be able to offer when/if needed, but I also expect to demonstrate any STO candidacy I may be capable of by being here to devote myself where needed, even if it costs me my physical life.

At least, that's where I'm at right now. That's probably more info than you were looking for, but that's the way it is.

Wow, lets hope no methane explosion or acid rain happens bud. I recently read Laura's article 'One for all and all for one' and it was quite chilling. I dont particularly know where Georgia is but lets hope these events dont materialise.

Stevie Argyll maybe you can read it aswell if you havent. Here is the link.

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/210978-All-For-One-and-One-For-All.

I have also been thinking of this cataclysms and the deafening silence coming from the establishment. It does definately make you doubt any such occurance ever happening. However, the defeaning silence itself and the nature of society itself, in that people are so much absorbed almost derailed by things that ultmately dont matter EG fame, fashion, celebrities, acting cool etc etc and the ongoing fake wars in the middle east, fighting some ghost like group that is omnipresent and used as justification to bring about all this new laws and procedure that take away our liberties does suggest something is up. Especially given the degree to which all this is happening right now suggests there is something fishy going on.... This is further highlighted by the growing desperate attempts by the establishment to keep us blind, asleep and divert our attention. Watch any good con movie and you'll see usually diversion of attention occurs right before the con artist steals what he is after.

I have also been watching the world cup and as a result somethings stood out for me. I'll tell you what I mean. Brazil was expected to win it. They played very good throughout, looked very comfortable. And then they got to the quarters and were playing Holland, scored the first goal, had the game under control and everyone thought they were going to see it through. However when the tide turned, it turned and it turned so quickly and in such an unexpected manner that they didnt know what hit them. By the time the final whistle went, they were out and dumbfounded. From such a strong position, they found themselves on the losing side and hadnt a clue how it had happened.

So I think if something does happen, it'll happen very quick and there wont be much warning about it. Things will shift and change almost within the blink of an eye so I think it is best to atleast be aware of such a possibilty. Katrina happened, where was the government? No where! Where was the help? No where! So if something big happens, I think many people will be looking for somekind of help that wont materialise... This also implies the lizzies can maximise on the harvesting.

One can almost feel a sense of coordination taking place from different spheres. Where things are being very discretly moved into place. There is almost a sense of micro-management. Like an artist at work. Making sure everything is just right. And then when the time is right, BAM! No one knows what happened before it's over. If the lizzies have been waiting millenia for this, you can bet your top dollar they intend on maximising what they get out. And that includes keeping people how they are now, unaware for as long as possible. Personally I dont think the Ice age is what should be worried about. Atleast not entirely. This does not suggest a sense of maximisation. In order to maximise, other factors have to be brought into play. It almost speaks of music where different things come together to produce this effect we call music. The ice age might just be 1 thing, call it the drummer or the lead singer....

Just my thoughts.

Stevie Argyll said:

The Work today is what is has always been, to wake up the sleeping man and woman to the possibilities of being latent within our own personal Ice Age. We are frozen in a glacier of beliefs, ideals, expectations, and desires. We don't see or explore the possibility of relationship, as the "predator's mind" immobilizes us with fear and inertia before the approaching Apocalypse.

The Ice Age gathers us together to Work. Our impressions, associations, and reactions to the Ice Age are the ground of the Work. In and of itself, the Ice Age is not the Work, but gives me an opportunity to observe my reaction to your reaction to this thread. This is plowing the ground and planting the seed. The Ice Age is the net cast wide in the arcane language of another age of the Work.

I recently read Voices In The Dark by William Patrick Patterson to search for knowledge of Work in a desperate time. I too was struck by the absence of discussion of
Nazi occupation and resistance in Paris in the transcripts of the Wartime Work Group. It brought attention to what is real resistance. The Work is real and the way I can contribute to the creative impulse. This thread illustrates the same phenomenon. I see remarkably little focus on material preparation for an Ice Age here and much on
who is asking.

There is a fascinating thread called Visual Acumen Test, which gave me insight into a possible explanation for the proliferation of end time scenarios. It keeps our eyes off the Gorilla in the mind. This is the on going "horror of the situation" and it is in our face now.

GAIA said:
Hey there Bluestar and thanks for the insight! I agree with your input on the matter you're probably right on the this being very 3d thinking. I'm not putting any negative thoughts or feelings into this, somehow I am very positive about this whole "situation" even as I feel a great urgency as I suppose all of you do. I just try to do my best and onwards with the E-E! :)
But it keeps popping also in my mind that the C's said that the wave would come after the cataclysm. I guess I don't really know what to expect, the future is always open and I would like to be a little prepared to help anyone I can while this transition occurs. :)

I was glad to find this thread because I too have greatly burdened with these issues, most particularly, the fact that all my loved ones are completely oblivious to what's going on and have nearly forbidden me to tell them more than I have tried to tell them. So ironic, and completely maddening that I can say the least to those I love most, about the things that matter most! But in the broadest view, I accept this emotional torque as just another "petty tyrant" to aid my work on the way.

I wanted to share a few quotes that have come up on a Zen calendar that has been rather uninspiring until the past few weeks as relate to the tone of this thread. These brought peace to my heart. I hope they do the same for you:

WE EXPERIENCE OURSELVES, OUR THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS
AS SOMETHING SEPARATE FROM THE REST,
A KIND OF OPTICAL DELUSION OF CONSCIOUSNESS.
THIS DELUSION IS A KIND OF PRISON FOR US,
RESTRICTING US TO OUR PERSONAL DESIRES AND
TO AFFECTION FOR A FEW PERSONS NEAREST TO US.
- Albert Einstein

MANY LIFETIMES OF MISUNDERSTANDING COME FROM
DISTRUST, HINDRANCE, AND SCREENS OF CONFUSION THAT
WE CREATE IN A SCENARIO OF ISOLATION.
- Hongziii Ziiengjue

MY MIND REMAINS WIDE,
SO MY PLACE IS NATURALLY REMOTE
-- Tao Yuan Ming

WHEN I AM TIRED OF BEING CLOSED IN,
SUDDENLY I COME UPON A CLEARING
AND THE MIND IS AT PEACE
-- Wang Wei

WHEN WE ARE NOT BORED WITH HERE, OR LONGING FOR THERE,
WHEN THE LIFE OF THINGS IS BREATHED IN AND BREATHED OUT WITH EVERY BREATH WE TAKE,
WHEN WE LIVE WITH THE PAST OF OUR WORLD AND INTO THE UNBORN FUTURE
WITHOUT DESIRING TO UNDO WHAT IS DONE, OR AVOID WHAT MUST BE,
THEN WE LIVE IN A TIMELESS LIFE--NOW,
A PLACELESS LIFE--HERE
- R. H. Blyth

THE POOR LONG FOR RICHES,
THE RICH LONG FOR HEAVEN,
BUT THE WISE LONG FOR A STATE OF TRANQUILITY.
- Swami Rama

QUIET MINDS CANNOT BE PERPLEXED OR FRIGHTENED,
BUT GO ON IN FORTUNE OR MISFORTUNE AT THEIR OWN PRIVATE PACE,
LIKE A CLOCK DURING A THUNDERSTORM.
- Robert Louis Stevenson

MY MIND IS MY OWN CHURCH
-Thomas Paine

VOW TO ACHIEVE THE PERFECT UNDERSTANDING
THAT THE ILLUSORY BODY IS LIKE DEW AND LIGHTNING.
-Hsu Yun

NOW, TODAY, MOMENT BY MOMENT,
REALIZE THAT EACH PERSON AND EVENT THAT HAPPENS IS LIFE FOR YOU.
LIFE IS NOT SOMEWHERE ELSE.
SEE HOW FULLY YOU CAN ACCEPT THE LIFE THAT PRESENTS ITSELF TO YOU NOW.
- Brenda Shoshanna

HOW COULD DROPS OF WATER KNOW THEMSELVES TO BE A RIVER?
YET THE RIVER FLOWS ON.
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

NATURE DOES NOT HURRY,
YET EVERYTHING IS ACCOMPLISHED.
-Lao-Tzu

[BTW, Have you discovered the peaceful music on the i-Tunes radio listings (under "Ambient") called HealingMusicRadio. Right now, a subtle mix of quiet bird songs, violas, and synthesized tones are drifting around me as I type. Check it out.]

Stevie Argyll said:

Have you read any of the material on the forum or on Sott about comets and cyclical catastrophes? Have you read Secret History?

I would say there is a good possibility of seeing it in my lifetime, provided I am not hit by a bus.

read this far? interested in the work? what happened?

I am reminded of Gurdjieff holding group meeting in his flat in Paris whilst under Nazi occupation during the war years, the transcripts and reports are all to do with individuals quest for being, He stuck it out under Nazi occupation, he didnt cut and run to the safety of America, neither did he spend the meetings talking about nazis and world 48/96 material.

Have you read this thread based upon this article? You’ll find a list of articles on Comets & Catastrophe on the sidebar.

The Ice Age gathers us together to Work. Our impressions, associations, and reactions to the Ice Age are the ground of the Work. In and of itself, the Ice Age is not the Work, but gives me an opportunity to observe my reaction to your reaction to this thread. This is plowing the ground and planting the seed. The Ice Age is the net cast wide in the arcane language of another age of the Work.

Go2, thats a good answer but I point out in it that the impetus for the work is coming for the outside i.e, the ice age , and not from the seed inside.

Have you read any of the material on the forum or on Sott about comets and cyclical catastrophes? Have you read Secret History?

Have read about comets and cyclical catastrophes, I have secret history and its on my reading list, still working through the books. The reason I bring this up is it just seems a different version of 'Reds under the bed' or nuclear armageddon, more fear based lower centre hypnotism.
I know people who are totally hypnotised by the disaster scenarios and I don't see it as much different to being hypnotised by the fashion/music/politics/gossip industry.
I know people who I am pretty sure, in a perverse way wish some little disasters to happen as punishment to a world/ a society that they think is doing wrong or has hurt them.
This is what I call little Jehovah syndrome, the wish they were the vengefull god and had power and in the abscence of their on power then they wish for some external happening to 'show mankind!', to 'show society!' , so show everybody what they get and what they deserve and to me thay have taken their eyes off the ball.

aleana said:
What I recently have been thinking is that working on myself - with detox and the EE program I may be able to increase my FRV. None of this may help me survive - and when I look at where I live, my financial resources and the fact that I know of NO ONE in my circle of friends or family who has a clue or even cares about what is happening - the outlook seems fairly bleak.

What are you doing to make yourself valuable to the Universe and ITS intentions?

Stevie Argyll said:
Go2, thats a good answer but I point out in it that the impetus for the work is coming for the outside i.e, the ice age , and not from the seed inside.

And not everyone has an extrinsic motivation, there is also the possibility of intrinsic motivation; the SOUL questing for truth wich has nothing to do with the passions and fears of the EGO.

Go2
I think I may have done you a disservice in my last reply, I can see now reading your answer again that you use thoughts and attitudes to 'ice age' as material.
Apologies.

Back
Top Bottom