How to prepare for the coming Ice Age?

Mona said:
I just wanted to say that I love reading all of your ideas. Only time will tell what the outcome of our existence will be. But in the meantime I am glad that I have found all of you in this lifetime; when you think about it finding this forum is like finding a needle in a haystack. I think we should consider ourselves lucky already. ;)

Mona just want you to know that I totally agree with you. It really is like finding a needle in a haystack and I too am very grateful for the chance to be here and to network with all of you :)

aleana said:
What I recently have been thinking is that working on myself - with detox and the EE program I may be able to increase my FRV.

Are you sure you have a handle on FRV? Emphasize the "resonance" for a moment and ask "who or what do I resonate most with so far in my Work? Things that relate mostly to self? Others? Both in some kind of balance?

aleana said:
None of this may help me survive - and when I look at where I live, my financial resources and the fact that I know of NO ONE in my circle of friends or family who has a clue or even cares about what is happening - the outlook seems fairly bleak.

Only because you may have forgotten that knowledge is contextual. In that picture, the outlook IS bleak, but only because of what you've left out. Try widening the picture as much as you can. The more you can widen, or open things up, the more of everything that can flow in, whether images, impressions, energy or awareness of possibilities (hint: 'opening' requires a pushing against a 'boundary': one's current limitations :)).

aleana said:
However, this work might make a huge difference in what happens in terms of cataclysms. Lately I have been noticing how many young couples are having children right now - and it is really frightening in a way. None of them are paying attention to what is going on in the world, and I certainly am not going to bring this up.

Well, life does go on doesn't it? :) Metaphorically and actually, though, the "night time" is often the best, most productive time for those who like to work without much interference, gathering knowledge and laying groundwork. It's the time of the 'vampire' yes, but it's also the opportunity to really feel the value of life - to live as if it were Gurdjieff's last hour of life and to have choices to DO, even if the DO is only preparation for a chase that runs the wolves into the light of day to be seen by everyone.

aleana said:
But what I can do - even if it is a small thing is try to lessen the probability of horrific things happening - so that perhaps their children might actually have a chance to grow up - and in a better type of world. Right now that is about all I know to do.

I would suggest to let Universe take care of "lessen the probability of horrific things happening" and just focus on whatever Work aids discernment of what someone needs when they ASK, no matter what it costs. You'd be in good company, although 'geographically', it may not seem so. Maybe that's the way for FRV to rise? :)

Laura said:
aleana said:
What I recently have been thinking is that working on myself - with detox and the EE program I may be able to increase my FRV. None of this may help me survive - and when I look at where I live, my financial resources and the fact that I know of NO ONE in my circle of friends or family who has a clue or even cares about what is happening - the outlook seems fairly bleak.

What are you doing to make yourself valuable to the Universe and ITS intentions?

That's a very good question - and one i am not sure I have an answer for, unfortunately. I am continually educating myself, trying to improve my diet and health and also make health information available to friends and family when/where it seems appropriate. I am practicing the EE program regularly and also trying to be aware and considerate of others.

However - it does not feel like enough - and quite frankly I have noticed I am in a bit of a funk lately. I feel boxed in literally and figuratively and not sure what to do next. I feel there is a reason for this - something I need to learn or break through - but I am obviously pretty dense on this at the moment.

aleana said:
What I recently have been thinking is that working on myself - with detox and the EE program I may be able to increase my FRV.
Bud said:
Are you sure you have a handle on FRV? Emphasize the "resonance" for a moment and ask "who or what do I resonate most with so far in my Work? Things that relate mostly to self? Others? Both in some kind of balance?

No - I am not sure - and right now i don't feel like I am resonating with my work at all - but i think that is because of this "funk" i spoke of before. Probably temporary - i hope.

aleana said:
None of this may help me survive - and when I look at where I live, my financial resources and the fact that I know of NO ONE in my circle of friends or family who has a clue or even cares about what is happening - the outlook seems fairly bleak.
Bud said:
Only because you may have forgotten that knowledge is contextual. In that picture, the outlook IS bleak, but only because of what you've left out. Try widening the picture as much as you can. The more you can widen, or open things up, the more of everything that can flow in, whether images, impressions, energy or awareness of possibilities (hint: 'opening' requires a pushing against a 'boundary': one's current limitations :)).

Opening up or widening - sounds quite appropriate. I am unable to see the wider picture right now but am trying to brainstorm things that will break through this barrier - what i think is that i need to try something totally new. It's like I have hit some kind of bottom and until i find a new door - I am just going to sit here stewing. That's not going to work, obviously.

aleana said:
But what I can do - even if it is a small thing is try to lessen the probability of horrific things happening - so that perhaps their children might actually have a chance to grow up - and in a better type of world. Right now that is about all I know to do.
Bud said:
I would suggest to let Universe take care of "lessen the probability of horrific things happening" and just focus on whatever Work aids discernment of what someone needs when they ASK, no matter what it costs. You'd be in good company, although 'geographically', it may not seem so. Maybe that's the way for FRV to rise? :)

Good idea - i need to stop worrying so much and focus on what I can do that is appropriate - just not sure what that is right now. I have been noticing a lot of "programs" surfacing lately - I have been writing in my journal a lot and noticing dreams. Maybe this is a passage of some kind and if I keep working it will open. Not really sure, but could be why i feel like nothing is moving forward.

Aleana, if you do get out of this 'funk' you are in. Can you please post here how you did it or what happened that got you out of this funk if you dont mind?

I think it might be applicable to me aswell and maybe other people.

aleana said:
That's a very good question - and one i am not sure I have an answer for, unfortunately. I am continually educating myself, trying to improve my diet and health and also make health information available to friends and family when/where it seems appropriate. I am practicing the EE program regularly and also trying to be aware and considerate of others.

However - it does not feel like enough - and quite frankly I have noticed I am in a bit of a funk lately. I feel boxed in literally and figuratively and not sure what to do next. I feel there is a reason for this - something I need to learn or break through - but I am obviously pretty dense on this at the moment.

This is interesting, might it be a case of being stuck in quick sand? Where the harder you try, the harder it is to get out? Does this sound applicable??? I thought I should put this as a suggestion. Might be a different angle to look at this 'funk.'

Also, maybe 'to be boxed in' is where you should be right now?? Maybe that is what the universe intends for you now... If it turns out that you have to break through the box by conscious effort and not simply that the box will be lifted when the time is right, then share with me and other forumites how you did this. What kind of effort you applied...

Good luck.

God is the root of ALL Names, noble and base. The task of the seeker of ascension is to bring the Noble traits from latency into actuality and to discover the positive applications of the base traits - even if that application is to “overcome” or transmute. The great Sufi Shaykh, Ibn al-Arabi tells us that “noble character traits are only those connected to interaction with others.”

Laura said:
God is the root of ALL Names, noble and base. The task of the seeker of ascension is to bring the Noble traits from latency into actuality and to discover the positive applications of the base traits - even if that application is to “overcome” or transmute. The great Sufi Shaykh, Ibn al-Arabi tells us that “noble character traits are only those connected to interaction with others.”

That is so strange. Last night I picked up my copy of The Sufi Path of Knowledge. I have been struggling to read this for a couple of years and my eyes generally glaze over after a few paragraphs. But - I made up my mind to put my all into reading this and began again at the Introduction. I noticed that after awhile I began to feel calmer - something had shifted in me. It was almost as if I was being told that i had been looking in all the wrong places and I had to turn and look within.

Laura said:
The great Sufi Shaykh, Ibn al-Arabi tells us that “noble character traits are only those connected to interaction with others.”

Which means I need to focus more on interacting with people and not on my petty problems, etc? And also make greater efforts to interact on this forum? I have been working on that part and it is really tough. The programs to not reveal self are so strong - that most of the time i feel that i just add noise. There is a real fence up around me - even when i write. And i know that is a horrific program. Growing up I learned that anything I revealed would be used against me and generally was! So - I am really well defended. And of course - the Strategic Enclosure comes into play as well. I am so accustomed to hiding behind the "normal" facade out of both consideration of others and protection of myself, that it just becomes habitual. Its really hard to drop. So, for me to have written as much as i have today - is a HUGE step for me.

Luke - I will definitely keep you posted! I have had such an ache in my heart lately - which is good because it is finally breaking down some of that barrier. It's becoming more painful to continue in the same vein than to change. And I think you are right about being boxed in - because if i have any room to move - I am generally "outta here". Moving around and running from stuff has always been my favorite escape from looking and seeing the truth of my existence. So - now that i really cannot use any of my habitual methods of escape - I am now forced into really Working on myself. Or dying - which is what it feels like some days - on the other hand it's just dying to the old way of life.

And Thank you - I will need some Good Luck!!

luke wilson said:
Aleana, if you do get out of this 'funk' you are in. Can you please post here how you did it or what happened that got you out of this funk if you dont mind?

I think it might be applicable to me aswell and maybe other people.

aleana said:

This is interesting, might it be a case of being stuck in quick sand? Where the harder you try, the harder it is to get out? Does this sound applicable??? I thought I should put this as a suggestion. Might be a different angle to look at this 'funk.'

Also, maybe 'to be boxed in' is where you should be right now?? Maybe that is what the universe intends for you now... If it turns out that you have to break through the box by conscious effort and not simply that the box will be lifted when the time is right, then share with me and other forumites how you did this. What kind of effort you applied...

Good luck.

For what I have read in the forum I have noticed that some people (I include myself) find themselves to not be that functional in the world. For me is weird because, since my teens, I have looked at the world and found that I do not quite understand it that much. And in response, I started to get into my mind to live there. And when one wants to open it is very hard because you have, in some ways, distanced yourself from the world. And then it is the knowledge we all get in the forum and such which really makes you live in different realities. So I can relate to you Aleana.
And as Gurdjieff said: we are addicted to our own suffering. I guess It is a way to give us importance. To make us feel alive. My biggest challenge so far is trying to be happy about being me. But I is not easy. I have regular battles with my negative introject.

aleana said:
Luke - I will definitely keep you posted! I have had such an ache in my heart lately - which is good because it is finally breaking down some of that barrier. It's becoming more painful to continue in the same vein than to change. And I think you are right about being boxed in - because if i have any room to move - I am generally "outta here". Moving around and running from stuff has always been my favorite escape from looking and seeing the truth of my existence. So - now that i really cannot use any of my habitual methods of escape - I am now forced into really Working on myself. Or dying - which is what it feels like some days - on the other hand it's just dying to the old way of life.

And Thank you - I will need some Good Luck!!

Hi aleana
I am going through a very similar 'funk' at the moment. I've been through similar things before, but the intensity this time is greater, and like you I do feel boxed in on this one. I can't run away from it (which is a good thing).
And to me also it feels like I might die if I don't push through it.....you're probably right about the old way of life dying (which gives me a perspective I'd forgotton).
It all seems to come down to will power and perspective.....that is my programs are keeping me locked in an old constrained view of the world, and this new emerging perspective that is opening up runs completely opposite to it....and my programs don't like this new state.
I'm noticing that a lot of this is manifesting through physical pain and similar symptoms, that change quite remarkably depending on my perspective. My whole body (and mind/thought processes/emotions) feel squeezed/suffocated/ache when I am in my old mode and running programs....and it build until I remember how much I'm identifying with whatever it is my mind is stuck on at the time. My view point changes, my physical pain evaporates almost instantly, and I can see 20 solutions I'd not seen a second before.

It seems that every thought and decision I make at the moment carries weight in either direction.....and I need to try and stay on top of those, because when I forget I end up back in the constrained mode with my programs running, in pain and feeling like I'm being torn appart from the inside.

Its probable there is a large amount of physical detox going on too due to starting the ultra simple diet....but it does seem that most of my symptoms are related to my mode/view of things right now....which is really weird, but I'm adapting to it.

This is my understanding of what I'm going through. Hope this is of help.

Laura said:

Working out if I'm going in the right direction (to help humanity) has been eating me up too......how to help myself in order to help humanity (because it feels like doing this is ignoring humanity to serve myself).....I must admit my instinct right now is to retreat from others, so I need to fight that.

RedFox said:
Working out if I'm going in the right direction (to help humanity) has been eating me up too......how to help myself in order to help humanity (because it feels like doing this is ignoring humanity to serve myself).....I must admit my instinct right now is to retreat from others, so I need to fight that.

as i see it, we can only work to clean ourselves and help others do the same, so something higher can act trough all of us :)

aleana said:
Which means I need to focus more on interacting with people and not on my petty problems, etc?

If you want to put it that way, I would say yes, but there's a remarkable aspect of this Work. That is, the more we do for others, on the forum or in daily life, the more side effects we can experience that actually benefit US. So everything good actually happens simultaneously when the focus of attention is on an external context, osit.

Maybe this could be helpful to understand the ideas of pushing our limits and the positive applications of base traits and/or transmutation (if it's not, someone please correct me):

Some time ago I started forcing myself to participate more on the forum. This was not easy due to the way life is currently arranged with various interactive and spontaneous needs from many directions, but I started it anyway as a Work experiment. At first, interruptions were constant. Many times I couldn't finish reading or writing a post without having to jump up and do something for somebody. (Even now, most of my logged in time is spent away from the computer). I held my irritation and annoyance below the neck, forcing myself to act as if I were happy to do whatever I could do even though I felt the opposite. The more helpful I seemed to be to others around me here at home, the more I became 'needed' it seems, so there were times when I would be interrupted and I would swear my physical tension state made me think I was suffering a minor electrocution.

I felt like I knew what I was doing because I read somewhere that the surest way to locate and break up psychological blocks was to devote yourself to others and push yourself to do what "it" (predator's mind) doesn't want to do and to push at every opportunity.

After a month or more of going through this, I was sitting and typing one day, after having been interrupted a time or two, when all of a sudden I froze for a second. My perspective had shifted a bit and several cognitive events happened simultaneously.

I felt a voice from the past, that really wasn't that clear - more like a deep impression that I knew was my dad's voice because I recognized it! It was yelling: G*d d*mn it! Everytime I try to do something, it goes to sh*t! I also felt a momentary cowering sensation and a physical tension of tightening up. I also felt a tad like crying because, in that memory, it seems I didn't understand what was going on.

This was an experience of an episode in my past that had been in frequent restimulation due to triggers in the present.

But that wasn't my program really, just the foundation for it, osit. The actual program that used to run in these situations was to feel intense irritation/anger, to dramatize, making a disapproving facial expression, adopt an annoyed tone of voice and express "my" thoughts about people not doing a better job planning and/or trying to be independent (it was a rather sickening thing to realize about myself). The person on the receiving end of "my" displeasure would either feel bad or react defensively, leading to either an urge to escalate the situation to justify "my" own defensiveness or to just clam up and pout or something in between (which was a more typical reaction).

In a sense, you could say the stored memory WAS the program, just modified in the present moment to fit the present situation.

While sitting at my computer 'hearing' the voice and feeling the associated physical/emotional sensations, I felt a release. I felt several waves of sensation run up and down my spine and arms and back of neck, like chills or something.

Depending on the exact situation, those sensations might have been interpreted as horror, doom or even pleasure, because it was just sensation. (This Work has taught me that such 'feelings' or sensations really have no meaning of their own outside of some context). These sensations finally turned into a feeling I described as joy and my eyes welled up with tears as I realized what was happening: a transmutation of negative emotion.

That's what I believe it was, because it has happened similarly, in more mundane contexts, and each time, I was not bothered by those kinds of 'feelings' again in those kinds of situations. More often now, my focus is on being aware of what's going on in my environment as well as what I'm doing at the moment and I simply direct my attention/energy from one task to another as needed, to the best of my ability.

In fact, the attitude involved seems similar to something we used to say in the Navy: "it ain't nothin' but a thang!" :)

What are you doing to make yourself valuable to the Universe and ITS intentions?
[/quote]

Wow, this is a very powerful discussion. I think some of my weird programming is really starting to resurface and I do hope to get rid of them quickly. I had this strange dream last night that I was pregnant and I had such a horrible fear and disgust towards myself. I was thinking how could I have done such a thing, to bring a child into this world when I knew what was coming. I was trying to figure out how I got pregnant the whole time, I tried to remember an actual man who could have got me pregnant but I could not remember sleeping with anyone, and then, this is funny, I was thinking that maybe an alien impregnated me :scared:. I could actually touch my stomach in my dream and I could feel myself being pregnant. Oh God, that was a nightmare. I was glad to wake up.

Aleana, you are right, we should not be concerned with our petty problems. But it is really hard to resist the need to seek a safe shelter; it's like an instinct that is part of our makeup. I must confess that I am at this moment seeking that safe shelter. My biggest fear is being attacked physically like being raped or something. Most of the time when something horrible happens within a society, like Katrina in New Orleans, the psychopaths go after the women and children first. And I am a single woman so I have no protection from a man in case of danger and I don't carry a weapon, so I naturally try to find myself a safe place. The funny thing is that just last weekend I finally found an apartment in Kelowna, I am moving there at the end of August, and the one I liked the most had the best security. Am I going nuts? I am aware that I might not be safe anywhere. I have been warning my sister and her family and my dad, a few of my friends and coworkers, but they don't seem to be taking it seriously. But I am still driven to somehow try to make it out of the possible disaster.

How am I making myself valuable to the Universe? Step by step, I guess. As I was driving home today I was looking at the sky, and I started crying a little, telling the universe and mother nature in my thoughts how much love I feel for it. I LOVE this world, and I ache just thinking about how much it's suffering. The sky was extra beautiful today and the sun sooooooooo warm. I LOVE the SUN. I never worried about getting skin cancer, I always appreciated its warmth. I heard the birds chirping and they sounded better than ever. YOu know, when I take my last breath I will send all my loving thoughts to the universe and I will give thanks for allowing me to use this planet for the many lessons that I have had to learn, the many lessons that I did not pass and had to repeat them over and over again, because I was not a bright student after all. I realize that now, I was a difficult student on planet earth, and a stubborn one too. My soul will ache because this planet will be taken away from those souls who could not finish their lessons and will have to wait until this earth recovers. I will send my loving thoughts to all 1D and 2D and 3D creatures whose journey will have to be a little longer than expected.

I will try to do my best, and I hope what I will deliver will benefit the universe in a positive way.

Mixtli said:
For what I have read in the forum I have noticed that some people (I include myself) find themselves to not be that functional in the world. For me is weird because, since my teens, I have looked at the world and found that I do not quite understand it that much. And in response, I started to get into my mind to live there. And when one wants to open it is very hard because you have, in some ways, distanced yourself from the world. And then it is the knowledge we all get in the forum and such which really makes you live in different realities. So I can relate to you Aleana.
And as Gurdjieff said: we are addicted to our own suffering. I guess It is a way to give us importance. To make us feel alive. My biggest challenge so far is trying to be happy about being me. But I is not easy. I have regular battles with my negative introject.

I understand what you mean about distancing from the world. It can happen because we feel somehow different from others and like you said, it seems to be increased by the changes brought about by reading SOTT and the forum and books. I am still trying to learn to be me - or at least figure out who i am.

I also have a strong negative introject and it has really made it difficult to participate here. So it was a vicious circle - I felt strange around others sometimes because i had to edit so much in normal conversation. After awhile just chatting about mundane things got old because i really wanted to discuss the kinds of things we do here on the forum. But, doing that was just so scary. i just never felt i belonged here totally as well. And that was partly because i have spent so much time perfecting my "normal" facade, that i couldn't just drop it that easily. And i was just terrified of being found out to be an impostor-somebody just playing at doing the work who hasn't got a clue. So i have had to push past that - and be willing to possibly look and sound clueless. i finally realized I won't get a clue, if i don't risk anything.
It is getting easier.

Hi Mona

Your post seems quite emotional, can I ask, are you ok?

Mona said:
As I was driving home today I was looking at the sky, and I started crying a little, telling the universe and mother nature in my thoughts how much love I feel for it. I LOVE this world, and I ache just thinking about how much it's suffering. The sky was extra beautiful today and the sun sooooooooo warm. I LOVE the SUN. I never worried about getting skin cancer, I always appreciated its warmth. I heard the birds chirping and they sounded better than ever. YOu know, when I take my last breath I will send all my loving thoughts to the universe and I will give thanks for allowing me to use this planet for the many lessons that I have had to learn, the many lessons that I did not pass and had to repeat them over and over again, because I was not a bright student after all. I realize that now, I was a difficult student on planet earth, and a stubborn one too. My soul will ache because this planet will be taken away from those souls who could not finish their lessons and will have to wait until this earth recovers. I will send my loving thoughts to all 1D and 2D and 3D creatures whose journey will have to be a little longer than expected.

fwiw I recognise this type of train of thoughts, because I have thought the same in the past....quite a lot actually.
What I realised was that these thoughts where (a good example) of emotional thinking. That is thinking as a way to avoid facing the underlying emotion.
Are you able to do some pipe breathing and re-read your post as if it where written by another person? Can you see where this person puts themself down? Where they state they won't make it? Where they say they are not a good student?
The future is open, and you cannot know for sure what it holds for you, and what you will and won't learn. Nor can you judge how good a student you are. Nor should you!
All the above thinking leads to a place of despair because 'you cannot see a way out'....the way out is hidden by your constricted thinking....that is, by thinking this way you have (metaphorically) closed your eyes to the full picture, and the options all around you are hidden because of it.
All you have to do is calm yourself down (do some pipe breathing!), take a mental step back (look at what you wrote as if another person wrote it), and understand that it is not an accurate/complete picture.
To then look at the emotions behind the thinking, see the Emotions and Self-Observation thread. Bud's post above is an excellent example of how to reach the same point.

I hope you are ok! :flowers:

Mona said:
Hello Oxajil,
I dont think I can prepare enough for an ice age, ever. I hate winter and cold, and that is not an exaggeration. I am cold all the time unless it is 25 degrees Celsius, my circulation is a mess. And I live in Calgary where we get really nasty winters already. It is hard to plan when we don't know which places will be hit the worst, so that we could avoid them. I am planning on moving to Kelowna, which is a small city in British COlumbia, about 6-7 hrs. away. But this location is still in Canada, and it is cold in Canada. I used to live in SLovakia but I dont know if it would be any better there either.
I made the decision to move to Kelowna before the oil/volcano spill in Gulf of Mexico, and I am not sure if my decision is totally mine or influenced by 4D beings. Maybe Kelowna is a trap for me or maybe it will be a safer place. I don't have all the answers.

Probably all of you are as confused as I am. Which places on earth will be safer?

There is a norwegian channel called Leif Havik who has been channeling a spirit called Iliuka for the last 25 years.

Links : _http://iliuka.co.uk/about.html
Original side (in norwegian): _http://www.iliuka.net/index.htm

I've been to 2 channelings with him and got a very strong impressions that he's truthful. He feels like the genuine article; he knew that I was about to by a dog and commented on this without me mentioning it beforehand, and seems generally kind and wise, great sense of humor, consistent message over the years.

Anyways, in the latest batch of readings from 2010, he is far more direct in his forecasting of destruction and dramatically colder climates than he has been before, although he has been speaking of earthquakes and floods in connection with an approaching planetary body since the eighties.
He says that Katla on Iceland will erupt probably within the next months, that it might be increased pressure/some kind of an event under Yellowstone, that Istanbul will "fall", and that USA, China, Israel, Palestine and more will go to war within the following few years.
He says that Norway will be habitable, that Spain will be a lot colder in the next few years, that the magnetic poles will move so that Scandinavia comes closer to the equator and the mediterranean wil have a lot of cataclysmic events and be further from the equator.
So from that point of view Scandinavia might be safe, although it will still be long winters and about the same climate as in Calgary now (except the warm summers - been there in July - incredibly hot!)
I'm sorry for the incoherent manner of this post but have got to put some kids to bed and am writing this fast.

Back
Top Bottom