Hurricane Helene Brings Catastrophic Flooding to US South

Couple films in real time getting stuck in Asheville during the storm and their escape along with a caravan including a wedding couple. Just over 30 min.

Sentences I took: "There's no National Guard. There's no water, there is no cell service. There's no TV, there's no radio. So the only thing you just get on Wi-Fi and there's only a couple places in Asheville that have it. Wi-Fi but no water."

And Asheville is far from Florida:

Asheville USA

And they said when the eye came across Asheville that there was 80 - 90 MPH winds which is still hurricane force winds. Those may have just been wind gusts though, but that's still a powerful storm so far inland.

This inspired me today since I have a 25 bag of red beans from Azure Standard sitting in my kitchen now. I've been listening to Homestead Heart for several years. They lost power for a short time but back to canning those beans. Good points, you don't want to use precious fuel cooking beans in a grid down situation. All that bulk, dried food could be hard to use in such a situation. I'm sure many here know this as I do but I have become burned out with this prepping stuff and I've ignored my beans. I need to find her recipe.

For all of you who are bummed out about not being able to get Berkey water filters here's good news! They have reconfigured their business after the EPA hassle and the filters are now available under the name Boroux.

Back
Top Bottom